• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

JohnCYQ

Turns out you don't need a lot of deathrattle minions to make N'zoth work. You just need a few strong ones.

X9mvXS5.jpg

Control priests can't really do anything even with 2 entombs and 2 deaths since there are so many targets. Dragon Priest does slightly better. RIP lightbomb.

That instant concede from the Hunter when I N'zoth'ed Chillmaw and Tirion after he had already used up both Highmanes.

Lightlord doing work as well.

Dahbomb

The top 4 decks in the game right now for Standard are among the most degenerate the game has ever had.

I am shocked that Blizzard put in not one not two but three cards that enabled flood Zoo.

I can't even imagine what Wild is like right now. Probably those top decks plus Secret Paladin.

Here's my current evolution deck, still tweaking some things but I think it's pretty solid. Might switch the other Fire Elemental for another Psych-o-Tron. If I ever get Yogg I'm swapping Hallazeal for it.
Edit: Actually Yogg wouldn't make sense anymore, since I don't have that many spells left...

zoukka

The top 4 decks in the game right now for Standard are among the most degenerate the game has ever had.

I am shocked that Blizzard put in not one not two but three cards that enabled flood Zoo.

And some people here were proclaiming the death of aggo

I don't even mind zoo. No shredders, no implosions. Nothing can top those shit cards.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I can't even imagine what Wild is like right now. Probably those top decks plus Secret Paladin.

Hunter too. The new cards on top of shit like mad scientist.

fertygo

And some people here were proclaiming the death of aggo

I don't even mind zoo. No shredders, no implosions. Nothing can top those shit cards.

this zoo is crazier than ever

this one card can go to 7 attack boost in one turn, minion that swing tempo easily with easy enabler, its very nuts

Implosion seem like fair card now

Yeah, I'm really disappointed with how things are going right now. 95% of my matches are against Zoolock, aggro Shaman or C'Thun Druid. Which considering we're barely a day removed from launch that's just kind of sad.

Acerac

Banned
The enemy Paladin just played N'zoth, and it summoned literally nothing. What the hell.

Just had that happen to me, only he got a sole Cairne. He lost the next turn.

Why you running N'Zoth if you don't have a bunch of deathrattles? He's a 5/7 for 10 mana he's not really great by himself.

Milennia

whelp, 20-2 in legend with a miracle rogue i netdecked because im an unoriginal pleb.

Both losses were shamans as to be expected, but im 7-2 on them thanks to fan for the most part lol.

Pretty sure its rogue-zoo and shaman are tier 1 right now, im hearing there are 2 rogues within the top 5.
Just melts all these druids.

zoukka

Yeah, I'm really disappointed with how things are going right now. 95% of my matches are against Zoolock, aggro Shaman or C'Thun Druid. Which considering we're barely a day removed from launch that's just kind of sad.

But completely predictable. A lot of people are coming back to the game and they don't have any of the expensive cards. They play cheap, efficient decks like they have since the dawn of the game. I don't understand why people are surprised.

fertygo

Just had that happen to me, only he got a sole Cairne. He lost the next turn.

Why you running N'Zoth if you don't have a bunch of deathrattles? He's a 5/7 for 10 mana he's not really great by himself.

play bunch of Deathrattle is kinda wrong approach tho, I think you want limit it to several very great one

But completely predictable. A lot of people are coming back to the game and they don't have any of the expensive cards. They play cheap, efficient decks like they have since the dawn of the game. I don't understand why people are surprised.

I'm not surprised, just disappointed.

Aggro Shaman should have been nerfed. Them giving Zoolock multiple useful cards in WOG is just ridiculous. And Blizzard's insistence on making sure C'Thun would be playable has resulted in several of the cards supporting it being broken.

Moonlight

Banned
Haven't had an unreasonable game against Zoo yet, though the new Midrange Shaman seems like a pretty good match for it. Reasonably efficient board clear, cheap taunts, lots of healing value off flooded boards.

Dahbomb

Aggro Shaman should have been nerfed. Them giving Zoolock multiple useful cards in WOG is just ridiculous. And Blizzard's insistence on making sure C'Thun would be playable has resulted in several of the cards supporting it being broken.
Shamans, Hunter and Zoolock eat Cthun Druid for breakfast and so do any Rogue decks.

Cthun Druid just really good at stomping control decks and other more fair decks. Good tier 2 deck but it's not even in the dame vicinity of cheapness as those other decks.

Acerac

Banned
play bunch of Deathrattle is kinda wrong approach tho, I think you want limit it to several very great one

I just saw the deck somebody else was using; my opponent wasn't using the same deck, but has a similar idea and it didn't seem to work well against me in practice. If you don't draw any of the deathrattles you just have a 10 mana 5/7. That's really bad.

Loot hoarder would at least cycle himself and give board presence, the deck hero power passes so often anyways it might as well at least get a few bodies, eh?

zoukka

That's a good one. Unless that Cthun Priest deck is running 6 board clears and 6 large target removals. In which case it's hard to justify the Cthun synergy.

I run the usual 2 Nova's and maybe one Excavated, 1 or 2 Entombs and 2 Deaths. Haven't lost a single game with the deck yet. Started to lose with deathrattle rogue now though :(

fertygo

What so broken about C'thun Deck? they completely beatable, and without Twin Emp as good as it is deck not gonna took off, Twin Emp himself not really took it to MC level IMO, the deck as it is tier 2-3 that viable for average player

I think its really fair for game to have really cheap and fancy deck like C'thun Deck but not really annoying like aggro deck.

Really not seeing this Twin Emp frenzy, your big minion usually just trade with both of them.. and the only burn in C'thun Deck is C'thun itself made it manageable threat.

Every time twins has been played I have been able to deal with it easily. 6 health is not 7 health. 4 attack is not 7 attack. It isn't even close to the power level of dr. boom. I often just sap the right one (as it just has taunt for text) and shadowstrike the right one + hero power or spellpower is often already on the board.

I don't think there is a single cthun card that is broken tbh.

KuroNeeko

I don't think there is a single cthun card that is broken tbh.

Not broken, but the 2/1 3-drop and 6/5 heal 10 priest minion are both really good.

What so broken about C'thun Deck? they completely beatable, and without Twin Emp as good as it is deck not gonna took off, Twin Emp himself not really took it to MC level IMO, the deck as it is tier 2-3 that viable for average player

I think its really fair for game to have really cheap and fancy deck like C'thun Deck but not really annoying like aggro deck.

Really not seeing this Twin Emp frenzy, your big minion usually just trade with both of them.. and the only burn in C'thun Deck is C'thun itself made it manageable threat.

Entombing Twin Emp with your own C'Thun deck feels good and gives you a 14-point buffer against their C'thun.

Control Priest is finally starting to feel a little bit better. It really, really depends on ASP though, and not drawing one hurts like hell. I've started including a single copy of Embrace the Shadow for pinches where I don't have one.

Alchemist is really growing on me, both in Control and C'thun. Most of the minions I'm running now have a lot of health, and being able to target the heal (or harm with ASP) is really strong.

Otherwise, I've lost twice to Anub today (pulled from Journey Below.) No matter how much Rogue changes, they'll still murder Priests. lol

JohnCYQ

Someone actually played Lock&Load + Yogg Saron hunter in ranked.

His Yogg cleared my board, gave him Tirion from Thoughtsteal and Thistle Tea into 3 more Lock&Loads.

One of those RNG trumps all moments. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You know, I didn't even really notice it earlier but thinking about it now, Captain's Parrot and Old Murk-Eye are apparently still flagged for Standard.

My Zerus transformed into Murk-Eye at one point and I got a Captain's Parrot from Infest as well.

Wonder if they'll fix that.

bjaelke

You know, I didn't even really notice it earlier but thinking about it now, Captain's Parrot and Old Murk-Eye are apparently still flagged for Standard.

My Zerus transformed into Murk-Eye at one point and I got a Captain's Parrot from Infest as well.

Wonder if they'll fix that.
They extended the quests and thus made them available through discover/transform mechanics in standard.

I don't think there is a standard list. I'm playing this and it's very fun and interactive.

1461827265-miracle.jpg

I play this list except for

-1 Shadow Strike
-1 Shiv

+2 Azure Drake

Not sure yet, but contemplating crafting Xaril. Seems like one of the sleeper best cards in the set and really compliments Miracle Rogue.

But it may be wiser to hold on or use my dust for other things, like the creature version of lava shock which is an epic.

If you're going to be playing Rogue I imagine you'll be using Xaril.

Not sure yet, but contemplating crafting Xaril. Seems like one of the sleeper best cards in the set and really compliments Miracle Rogue.

But it may be wiser to hold on or use my dust for other things, like the creature version of lava shock which is an epic.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.

I've seen a few of those and I'm not too impressed. I prefer Fireguard in Aggro and Evolve is light on Overload. Plus, I like Bilefin for that double Evolve target and weapon guard.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Offset how much face damage from the weapon. It's been a Rogue mainstay.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
28 - 29 with Renounce Darkness. I think just playing it better the deck could get a 50%+ win rate. Been between 11 and 13 all night. I shouldn't complain about losing to bad luck, but RNGesus just wasn't with me at some points.

The surprising thing to me is how good Demonfire and Shadow Bolt actually are. Also Wrathguard is great, especially when you change your class around turn 5, so the downside where you can't really play him late game is nonexistent. I also really, really wish the Shadow Beast was a Demon. I may just take Crazed Villager out, I never really play him.

jgminto

I don't think there is a standard list. I'm playing this and it's very fun and interactive.

1461827265-miracle.jpg
I'm less familiar with the miracle style rogue so what exactly are you trying to win with? Do you need to save spells like Eviscerate for face damage with Thalnos?

Lyng

Season also ends in 2 days, so that could explain the desperate influx of aggro.

I really think the ranking system and its emphasis on getting lots of games in a "short" timeframe is hugely at fault for the massive amounts of netdecking going on.

zoukka

I'm less familiar with the miracle style rogue so what exactly are you trying to win with? Do you need to save spells like Eviscerate for face damage with Thalnos?

This list seems to rely completely on tempo and finishing with cold blood. The problem is that sometimes you just don't have minions to kill the opponent with.

Miracle decks never run out of cards and actually reach the end of the deck quickly after playing auctioneer+conceal. The meta is slow enough now to enable miracle again, but I think the list needs an additional win condition.

Top Bottom