• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Played a bit of Arena. Not too much fun if every Shaman you face has 2 or 3 of these 4 Mana 7/7s, because it's a common.
If you didn't a draw a hard removal by Turn 4 you are basically dead. Fel'reaver was hard to handle, but at least it had a big drawback.
This comes one turn earlier, with a minor drawback...

Dragner

Do you have a list? I'm 200 dust away of crafting Tirion and I'm looking for a Control Paladin list.

2 forbidden healing
1 humility
2 doomsayer
2 wild pyro
1 Acidic Swamp Ooze
2 equality
2 aldor
2 consecration
2 truesilver
1 Keeper of Uldaman
2 corrupted healbot
2 twilight summoner
2 solemn sigil
1 sylvannas
1 Cairne
1 New Hogger
1 Ragnaros Lightlord
1 tyrion
1 lay on hands
1 Nzoth

I changed the hogger for Eadric, I think its better and is working so far.

Werd

Anyone had a glitch with Twin Emperor? Crafted it and Brann + Emperor has been a fun combination... but one of the times nothing happened, didn't even get the regular second twin. This was late game and my C'Thun had ~25 attack (still in deck).

Not sure what else could have happened that I missed.

"Wow" is such a deeper more satisfying burn than "Sorry". Thanks, Blizz!

I recipe'd Overwhelming Numbers for a Druid quest I got and am quite enjoying it. I was up against a deathrattle rogue and the dude played this one crazy turn where he kept taking out and putting back cards to get buffs and whatever and then next turn he returns all minions to owner's hands, basically killing my Sea Giants because my hand was too full.

Next turn I get a modest three minions out.

Turn after that I kill him with the double +3 attacks I'd been holding the whole fucking game.

YES!
YES!
YES!

So after playing Rafaam a bit in miracle, he's not that bad. I don't think I've actually been able to make use of the spell yet, but the body is really intimidating and sticky.

Also, Warlock burst is dumb. No, I don't plan for Power Overwhelming x2 plus Doomguard for 13+ out of hand 9 turns in. He had double peddler and neither came from those -_-

Or Leeroy + PO. It's the new (old) combo Druid.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Played a bit of Arena. Not too much fun if every Shaman you face has 2 or 3 of these 4 Mana 7/7s, because it's a common.
If you didn't a draw a hard removal by Turn 4 you are basically dead. Fel'reaver was hard to handle, but at least it had a big drawback.
This comes one turn earlier, with a minor drawback...

Shaman soooo broken. Idk why Blizz thought this was OK.

Maximo

"Wow" is such a deeper more satisfying burn than "Sorry". Thanks, Blizz!

I recipe'd Overwhelming Numbers for a Druid quest I got and am quite enjoying it. I was up against a deathrattle rogue and the dude played this one crazy turn where he kept taking out and putting back cards to get buffs and whatever and then next turn he returns all minions to owner's hands, basically killing my Sea Giants because my hand was too full.

Next turn I get a modest three minions out.

Turn after that I kill him with the double +3 attacks I'd been holding the whole fucking game.

YES!
YES!
YES!

"Amazing.."
"Astounding!"
Yep so much better.

JohnCYQ

I faced a pretty interesting deck earlier.

Basically C'thun mage with:
33148.png

35244.png

+ Brann + Blizzard/Frost Nova

Gameplan seems to be playing minions/spells to buff C'thun while keeping the board cleared/frozen with removal AOE, using Cult Apothecary to heal, before going to C'thun as the finisher.

KuroNeeko

You'd be disappointed

I know what you mean, but I don't think so. I crafted him and used him, but I never liked him or what he did to the game.

I dusted his sorry butt days before Standard went Live.
Good riddance!

Not trying to come off as a dick. I'm just glad he's gone. In retrospect, I wish I had used the dust I spent to craft him and Sylvanas to make a golden Sylvanas. I use her ALL the time and it never gets old.

Dragner

Every priest bms me because they have board against my Control Paladin...litte they know...my final turn after Nzoth (no lightbomb makes this gg) its me bming back all the turn until last second.

Remeber boys dont BM if you arent sure of winning.

bjaelke

Sylvanas looks really strong right now. Obviously early days but the changes to silenced and focus on bigger minions speaks in favour of running a copy of her.

zoukka

I've got quite a bit of dust accumulated, is Sylvanas the best Classic legendary to craft now?

Most likely.

Man the idea of Cthun taunting you is great, but the taunts are your typical generic Blizzard nonsense. "Death approacheees" like wtf, why would the ancient god say that???

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What about Cairne?

Tarazet

I've got quite a bit of dust accumulated, is Sylvanas the best Classic legendary to craft now?

I'm not waiting for the dust to settle, I crafted her yesterday and also N'Zoth after getting reamed by those decks in hilarious fashion multiple times. First game, a Paladin got me down to 7-30 and played Ragnaros. He killed Sylvanas, then her deathrattle stole him. Beat him from there like a red-headed stepchild.

What about Cairne?

Cairne is fine in a slower meta, I'm using him in the new Raptor Rogue, good chance you're going to get killed by a rush deck though.

Ladekabel

With all the busted cards they gave Shaman, they could've uped Shadow Word: Horros reach to 3 attack. So many boards where Holy Nova or Excavated Evil are useless but SW: Horror with also taking 3 attack minions would be a board clear.

Tarazet

With all the busted cards they gave Shaman, they could've uped Shadow Word: Horros reach to 3 attack. So many boards where Holy Nova or Excavated Evil are useless but SW: Horror with also taking 3 attack minions would be a board clear.

After facing a C'Thun Priest who played Embrace the Darkness - Circle of Healing on turn 3 and turn 5, followed by a Holy Nova.. you have enough fucking board clears. That's not your problem.

Ladekabel

After facing a C'Thun Priest who played Embrace the Darkness - Circle of Healing on turn 3 and turn 5, followed by a Holy Nova.. you have enough fucking board clears. That's not your problem.

There can never be enough board clears. And it is by law impossible to have Auchenai and CoH when you need it. I'm speaking out of experience.

Anyone else gettign errors when trying to start a game?

KuroNeeko

Every priest bms me because they have board against my Control Paladin...litte they know...my final turn after Nzoth (no lightbomb makes this gg) its me bming back all the turn until last second.

Remeber boys dont BM if you arent sure of winning.

Whatever, that's why we got Lightbo.....sheeeeeeitttt!

I know Priests trigger you, but lack of a board clear may very well be "our problem."
Lightbomb was necessary back in GvG. Maybe in Standard we won't need it, but with aggro shaman, the new zoo, and the new beast hunter, um, I'm thinking we'll need it. If you're getting wrecked by Holy Nova, well, I don't know what to tell you.

Play Freeze Mage then, as that seems to be the kind of playstyle you're going for. Plus it actually has a way to kill the opponent, unlike Priest which just drags it out until you want to punch a kitten.

I don't agree with this either. Priests only play to fatigue when it's necessary (control match-ups like Control Warrior and other Priests.) They almost always start off the game at minus-tempo. If they were playing Chess, they'd be black every single time.

As the aggressor, it's YOUR job to ask questions that we can't answer. Priests don't drag the game out until you want to punch someone, they need to defuse threats and then slowly apply pressure until you can't respond (usually by gaining an incremental value advantage.) Priests make tempo plays all the time. Injured BM on turn 3 with CoH is one example.

I mean, whatever, I know you don't like playing against them. I feel your pain. I hate playing against Control Warrior, Handlock, and now, Face Shaman. If you manage to figure out what "our problem" is, and how we can deal with Face Shaman, please let me know. ; )

There can never be enough board clears. And it is by law impossible to have Auchenai and CoH when you need it. I'm speaking out of experience.

Or you open with CoH, Injured BM, and ASP....

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Divine Favor is still BS, don't know why Blizzard didn't patch it.

Because it isn't used in every Paladin deck and it enables certain archetypes for Paladins. Aggro Paladin also does basically nothing to the overall meta in any meaningful sense. Other types of decks or cards aren't suffocated because divine favor exists. Nerfing it has nothing to do with "keeping Hearthstone fresh".

Tarazet

Play Freeze Mage then, as that seems to be the kind of playstyle you're going for. Plus it actually has a way to kill the opponent, unlike Priest which just drags it out until you want to punch a kitten.

zoukka

Priest has the same win condition it has always had. They make you press the concede button.

Celegus

That feeling when your phone freaks out and you pyroblast the wrong target (not the face)... and they concede anyway. I really should have lost that, I had nothing else. Curious if they did that out of honor or just saw a pyroblast and insta-conceded.

Top Bottom