• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

georly

Both my games so far were against priests, won both before turn 9

mind games, not mind control.

301.png

TheBez

I took a self silencing druid to rank 5 this month and it was fucking hilarious.

I've got Legend, I don't need that shit again. As long as a deck is fun and can take me to rank 5 with ease it's more than good enough for me.

Care to share the self silence list?

ViviOggi

ADWCTA uploaded two parts of his (Merps is probably involved too) OG arena meta analysis series today. Part 1 is looking back at trends of previous expansions and how OG's common neutrals will influence the meta while part 2 gives excellent insight into the class cards we've seen so far.

There's quite a bit of conjecture since we've only seen such a small part of the expansion but it's safe to say that class cards are fantastic so far. I'm positively surprised and can only hope they don't fuck it up with the upcoming reveals...

Tarazet

Toss in Unstable Portal. It should be extra broken if it gets you a decent card.

Now that I'm thinking about it, I think Face Warrior would be great in this. Fiery War Axe, Mortal Strike, Arcanite Reaper, Upgrade, Heroic Strike, Bash, Death's Bite, and Grom should keep you dealing damage every turn. There's no Healbots or Sludge Belchers, so there's not a whole lot to get in your way and only 1 weapon kill card.

There's no reason not to run Cursed Blade, Upgrade, Gorehowl as well. I'll give it a shot and see what happens..

Edit: First game Warrior mirror. Not fair. Still only lost by 1 health point after he gained at least 20 armor..

Acerac

Banned
Care to share the self silence list?

Love to.

ojl3EDR.jpg

The deck does surprisingly well against agro due to the significant amount of taunt creation you run. Worst case they silence your Ancient Watcher or Eerie Statue, making it easier to just straight outtrade them. Keep Wailing Souls in your opening hand, they are the cornerstone of the deck.

Given optimal draws I've won turn 5 with the deck quite a few times before, with a couple of turn 4 wins. It gets silly if it works correctly.

Ashodin

This brawl is the best as priest. Divine Spirit your big beasties, Lightbomb wipes the board except your bros.

Almost everything 7 or above has power equal to or higher than its toughness.

Wow... I think I played against a bot in the brawl. I mean... he used claw on my face on turn 1. And on turn 2 he innervated and hero powered and passed.

Funny thing though is that I got innervate off burgle and had my dr. boom out on turn 5. He ended up getting demolished.

Acerac

Banned
That's a brawl pack, alright.

Ce0mJeMWQAAa23w.jpg

Already had Malygos but I'll take it.

Nicely done. Was pretty happy with my golden Ancient of War along with a bonus epic and 2 rares to dust.

It's rare that Brawl packs are anything decent, but when they shine they are beautiful.

Heropon

No legendaries here but the second SI:7 Agent and a golden Lava Burst were nice.

*Mandatory complaint about no Blade Flurry yet*

fertygo

I don't have fancy card to play with Druid or Priest, so I just play Mage with a lot burn spell at this brawl, an mage always came through.

Only got my first prep in the brawl pack, its alright

Apathy

Man, opponents using Reno in arena gets me mad salty. Especially when I'm Warrior vs. Warlock, good luck winning that.

I used to love it, because so many times people didn't realize they still had a dupe and played it. Now that won't happen anymore :(

peakish

You very lucky get that pieces of Ysera :(

Dragon Priest is in my plan too but man I don't have Ysera
Haha, yeah, Ysera has probably been my most wanted card and the legendary I would have crafted first once I got enough dust. Suddenly getting it like this, as my third legendary (Nozdormu and Bloodmage beat it), feels pretty damn lucky :p I was yelling for ten minutes after opening the pack.

jgminto

Yep, Druid is definitely King of this brawl. I'm running a Combo Druid with Poison Seeds, Starfire and Rend Blackhand + Dragons. Raven Idol is really nice too, I was able to bait out a Mage's Mirror Entity with it.

People are probably overlooking rogue.

As rogue I had prep, sap, burgle, sword oil, assassin's blade, burgle... lots of stuff to do in the early game tbh. I only played one though.

As for removal, you have assassinate, and sabotage. Probably more hard removal than most classes.

hollomat

Banned
I am wrecking people in this brawl playing a hunter with no minions. Everyone seems to have counters for minions and it's fantastic playing flare after a paladin or Mage stacks a bunch of secrets. I'm 7-0

I am wrecking people in this brawl playing a hunter with no minions. Everyone seems to have counters for minions and it's fantastic playing flare after a paladin or Mage stacks a bunch of secrets. I'm 7-0

Ive seen this deck a lot, did you get the decklist somewhere? I thought it was pretty creative

I think I want to try to make justicar work outside of paladin, priest, and warrior.

Just not sure which class I want to use it with. I was thinking maybe rogue since it technically doubles the hero power's effectiveness, similar to the above classes. But I guess that is true for mage and druid as well.

It just seems hard figuring out additional synergies created by this card in those classes.

edit:
So far I am thinking for rogue, some kind of bran bronzebeard, molten giant, battlecry mash up. Or maybe going the reno route.

Ladekabel

I think I want to try to make justicar work outside of paladin, priest, and warrior.

Just not sure which class I want to use it with. I was thinking maybe rogue since it technically doubles the hero power's effectiveness, similar to the above classes. But I guess that is true for mage and druid as well.

It just seems hard figuring out additional synergies created by this card in those classes.

edit:
So far I am thinking for rogue, some kind of bran bronzebeard, molten giant, battlecry mash up. Or maybe going the reno route.

Don't think you can call it "working" but I have seen Justicar used in Fatigue Druid.

Top Bottom