• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Moonlight

Banned
C'thun seems a bit... I dunno, boring to me. At least so far, it just seems to me like 'play premium stat minions on curve in sequence then end the game with C'thun'. Not exactly exciting.

NEW CARD

the-prophet-skeram-200x272.png

Like every other C'Thun card, dull

TheBez

Yup, looks like the one I posted earlier had a beta translation. Here is the correct one for all those worried about the lore behind having two of "The" guy.

skeram-cultist-200x272.png

ViviOggi

So C'Than basically comes with an entire vanilla curve, unbelievably boring. His class cards are super binary as well, either their text is strong enough to include or not. Unless he's got a major mechanic they haven't shown yet I am not impressed whatsoever.

Again, this is the expansion's poster boy while all other legendaries so far range from kind of okay to hypertrash. Elise/Reno/Brann still shit on everything, even Finley is more exciting tbh despite being Spelleater 2.0

Acerac

Banned
Yup, looks like the one I posted earlier had a beta translation. Here is the correct one for all those worried about the lore behind having two of "The" guy.

skeram-cultist-200x272.png

Thank you, I was legitimately worried.

I thought maybe they'll have a rare you can only use one of per deck, perhaps.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
They didn't give a name to Ouro so of course they weren't going to name Skeram.

reynad ‏@TempoReynad 3m3 minutes ago
Can't do a stream today because I have to catch up on work and record this card reveal video! Considering revealing the card tomorrow morn

I imagine a 5 minute card reveal video takes FOREVER to make...

Just have Kripp do the card reveals, he handled it the best

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
so is cthun the only old god themed deck? nothing seems to point at the other old gods having special cards of their own

Extremely likely not. If other gods were going to have a similar theme then Blizzard would have given away those old gods for free as well.

I never got the impression that is how all the old gods would work. I think they simply wanted to make 4 different reno type cards where you build decks specifically for each of those gods.

Extremely likely not. If other gods were going to have a similar theme then Blizzard would have given away those old gods for free as well.

yea I was under the impression there would be "cthun" esque cards

Apathy

I imagine a 5 minute card reveal video takes FOREVER to make...

Just have Kripp do the card reveals, he handled it the best

A few others have shown off their card quite quick over social media. But yes, Kripp has kinda shown himself to be very professional and efficient in making a quick video and uploaded when he said he would.

While I don't much like him for his tournament commentaries, I very much like his youtube content. I think he totally deserves recognition for being timely

Edit: Reynad might also be trolling hard for reactions.

Warcraft lore fiends WutFace

it matters. I swear

The legendary slots are reserved for more important characters in the lore like a second Mukla.

This is the game where the most powerful minion for well over a year was a certain Doctor who was just a random quest enemy in Netherstorm most notable for being able to level up ranged weaponry on or test ranged DPS because he wouldn't move and nothing else.

This is also the game where Illidan and Thrall suck.

I don't think mage is ever getting a 0 mana spell, not a real one anyway. I think they decided early on only a few classes would be "special" and get 0 mana spells. Forbidden cards break that, but in an acceptable way. Also, I don't think they'll print more 0 mana cards (outside the forbidden type). They're too problematic. It's kinda crazy they have so many in the first place. Well, maybe they are crazy and will print more.

i don't know why i ever care about ranked games in the beginning of the season. i've gone from rock bottom to rank 12 with losing two games started yesterday....all with...leeroy face hunter

all the paladin scumbags already got to 5 i guess, actually haven't faced a single pally in that stretch

maybe i just trashed my mmr all month playing random homebrew decks? idk but this is way more pleasant than caring about drooping up and down a rank playing for rank throughout the season

This druid... for some reason makes a good play. He had shade on turn 2. He attacks on turn 3. To do what, play around blade flurry? Son of a bitch is right, for some reason blade flurry is my play. Dunno why you play around blade flurry on turn 4. I thought this guy was a god druid.

Then he rage quits after I do my flurry with violet teacher and prep. Not so smart now.

Apathy

I accidentally fond a counter to a Reno deck. Played my elise priest vs a reno warrior, got him down to 3 and he tosses down reno, and I notice it didn't heal him. Why? oh yeah, cause I played two excavated evils and they were in his deck :D

I accidentally fond a counter to a Reno deck. Played my elise priest vs a reno warrior, got him down to 3 and he tosses down reno, and I notice it didn't heal him. Why? oh yeah, cause I played two excavated evils and they were in his deck :D
Nice. The Rogue card that puts ambushers in their deck also counters it.

Ketch

Oh shit... wouldn't that one rogue card do it too?

ayyyyyyy lmao

V-Faction

Battlecry: Beef up your C'Thun is probably my least favorite mechanic. Functionally, I'm not sure why you'd play the larger cost minions over the lower cost ones. You get a decent body and some nice stats, but it's still not impacting your C'Thun interaction. I'm almost suspicious there will be a C'Thun card does both a +1/+1 AND some other interaction.

fertygo

Battlecry: Beef up your C'Thun is probably my least favorite mechanic. Functionally, I'm not sure why you'd play the larger cost minions over the lower cost ones. You get a decent body and some nice stats, but it's still not impacting your C'Thun interaction. I'm almost suspicious there will be a C'Thun card does both a +1/+1 AND some other interaction.

We seen that already from C'thun class card

Top Bottom