• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Dahbomb

God damn Kolento just Brann alive against a Cthun Druid...

And he took the double Cthun at 18 (so 36) and lived because of Nzoth, then turned it around.

All according to Keikaku!

I do not have the balls to keep Brann alive like that.

Portugeezer

And he took the double Cthun at 18 (so 36) and lived because of Nzoth, then turned it around.

The odds were good that the C'Thun would hit all minions, so he knew he would stay alive, and with that double healing spell it was a risk worth taking. Still awesome play though.

I really don't like Encounter at the Crossroads at all. By far the worst Tavern Brawl. Well, maybe Webspinners is worse. At least I was able to win first time this go around. Played against a Paladin that went full FIRE EVERYTHING near the end. They got an Acolyte off that new Light in the Darkness card and almost steamrolled. And a Tirion, just because. Got really lucky at the end though, they went for the hail mary Holy Wrath play, I was at 6 after they swung with Ashbringer, it hit me for 5.

Constructed is mostly fun right now though. Even getting rekt isn't too bad. I've been beaten handily twice by Miracle Rogue, of all things.

Is there a good C'Thun Warrior list about? The Deck Recipe caused me to go to fatigue really fast. There's got to be a slower variant.

Shifting Shade, Twilight Darkmender, and Darkshire Alchemist are all good cards. that have already been shown to work.
4 drop, 5 drop, 5 drop, right?

Priest has a TON of great midrange drops. That isn't the issue Priest has. Priest has nothing good to play from turns 1-3 within its class set that staves off aggro. The best you have is Northshire Cleric + PW:S. The big loss to Priest is Deathlord. With Lightbomb being gone, midrange can be a struggle as well, because you don't have a way to deal with a 5/5 outside of Shadow Word: Death.

Moreover, you citing 2 minions with heals and bad stats combined with a third that has random card draw for Priest strength isn't particularly encouraging. Especially when any Priest here would trade Twilight Darkmender and Darkshire Alchemist for Forbidden Healing and Ragnaros Lightlord. Priest got buck all this set. I would sacrifice ANY addition to the Priest set for Forbidden Healing or Ragnaros Lightlord. Both of those are 10 times better than the garbage Priests got.

Oh man, I Cabal Shadow Priested a Brann and then used it with my own cards. So happy!

bjaelke

yogg1.jpg
yogg2.jpg

yogg3.jpg
yogg4.jpg

Interview with Mike Donais and Peter Whalen on their thought processes as they went through several iteration of Yogg-Saron: Making a Hearthstone Card: The Madness of Yogg-Saron

Apathy

4 drop, 5 drop, 5 drop, right?

Priest has a TON of great midrange drops. That isn't the issue Priest has. Priest has nothing good to play from turns 1-3 within its class set that staves off aggro. The best you have is Northshire Cleric + PW:S. The big loss to Priest is Deathlord. With Lightbomb being gone, midrange can be a struggle as well, because you don't have a way to deal with a 5/5 outside of Shadow Word: Death.

Moreover, you citing 2 minions with heals and bad stats combined with a random card draw for Priest strength isn't particularly encouraging. Especially when any Priest here would trade Twilight Darkmender and Darkshire Alchemist for Forbidden Healing and Ragnaros Lightlord. Priest got buck all this set.

Oh man, I Cabal Shadow Priested a Brann and then used it with my own cards. So happy!

Yeah, holy champion is 4 and so is auchenai shadow priest, priest didn't need another 4 drop, specially a 3 health one. then they got 2 5's and cabal would be 6, that whole middle part is packed, and 1-3 has 2 dragon synergy cards and northshire and a weak body in museum curator (although I like it). It's crazy .

Magnus

FUCK YEAH 12-2 ARENA

Not bad for my second ever arena run :)

Watching so many Kripp, Hafu and ADWCTA arena runs paid off.

Congrats!

But damn, I'm more convinced than ever that I just suck at the game. I haven't arena'd in about a year....but I did it at least 20 times before then, and I averaged 3 or 4 wins...lol. Best I ever did was 6 or 7.

Apathy

You know what you should never do which my opponent found out the hard way? Don't power overwhelming your dreadsteed to kill my sylvanas :D

Kibler doing a spell hunter + summoning stone +yogg right now, hilarious

He summoning stoned into cal of the wild into a tirion

You know what you should never do which my opponent found out the hard way? Don't power overwhelming your dreadsteed to kill my sylvanas :D

Kibler doing a full spell hunter + yogg right now, hilarious

It depends on which was played first. It sounds like he played his dreadsteed first, therefore it respawned before sylvanas' steal. That or he was hoping it would steal something else.

Congrats!

But damn, I'm more convinced than ever that I just suck at the game. I haven't arena'd in about a year....but I did it at least 20 times before then, and I averaged 3 or 4 wins...lol. Best I ever did was 6 or 7.
If it makes you feel any better I drafted a pretty great deck and a lot of 50/50s went my way. I went Dragon Consort > Nefarious twice. I also had Bog Creeper, Tirion and Kraken, I couldn't lose late game.

Also Seal of Champions won me like half my games, absurd arena card.

Game DCed me in the middle of opening card packs and now it won't reconnect. RIP. Hopefully that pack doesn't get lost in the nether.

Once you open a pack and can start flipping the cards over it's already saved to the server so you should be good. You just won't know exactly what cards they are without rummaging through your collection.

_DrMario_

What the fuck just happened? My turn ended by itself (heard the rope explosion) while I was in the middle of playing. No lag or nothing. Then the guy was able to play immediately and killed me and now my game is frozen...

Yep, funky stuff and the shop is closed now.

Alas, the $30 I just spent on packs resulted in no legendaries and only a couple epics. Really disappointed in that. But that's all I'm spending for now. You really do get a better value when you splurge on more at once, but it's deviously designed that way. Didn't want to plunk down a full $50 though.

Was hoping to get at least one decent legendary so I could more appropriately ration my dust. Now I'm not sure what I wanna do with it.

Alas, my the $30 I just spent on packs resulted in no legendaries and only a couple epics. Really disappointed in that. But that's all I'm spending for now. You really do get a better value when you splurge on more at once, but it's deviously designed that way. Didn't want to plunk down a full $50 though.

Was hoping to get at least one decent legendary so I could more appropriately ration my dust. Now I'm not sure what I wanna do with it.
Are you using Amazon Coins to buy the packs? They're discounted right now, so you can get $50 worth of packs for $41 or so.

Apathy

Alas, my the $30 I just spent on packs resulted in no legendaries and only a couple epics. Really disappointed in that. But that's all I'm spending for now. You really do get a better value when you splurge on more at once, but it's deviously designed that way. Didn't want to plunk down a full $50 though.

how many packs was it for $30. sorry you didnt get a legendary

Tarazet

2 Mind Controls in a meta with zoo, freeze mage and face shaman?

Deathrattle Rogue is still good, right? I've been slam banged at work since launch and have barely been able to play but I have a list with Thalnos, Van Cleef, Xaril, Cairne, Sylvanas and N'Zoth all ready to rattle my way through the weekend.

Apathy

Nah, I just buy directly off the PC client. I should probably look into that though next time I buy packs. Not for awhile though.

Uh, 22 I think. 15 + 7 if I remember correctly.

If you have an android phone or tablet i hear people use that google survey app and get a bunch of credits through it that can be used to buy packs

Dusted some old Wild stuff I never used in the first place (bye, Bolvar), and crafted:

- Preparation x2
- Cairne
- N'zoth
- Bloodmage Thalnos

Pretty happy that I can make basically any Old Gods deck I want now.

EDIT: Also RIP Majordomo and Maexxna

Apathy

HAHAHAHAHA, it happened! A guy killed himself with Yogg-Sauran. He had 3 health left, and it went:

Explorer's Hat
Power Word: Tentacles
Healing Wave (target: his hero)
Hellfire

Then he died! Apparently the Healing Wave won't activate until the series of spells is done, but damage is calculated immediately.

Rest in peace, Tempo Mage!

Also, Cabalist's Tome is particularly interesting because you can't play around anything. Even though I waited for 2 Polymorphs before I dropped Ragnaros, he had a third waiting!

Just watch kibler use his yogg and it also healing waved, yogg stopped casting and let the healing wave do the joust before it went on. So maybe they fixed it.

If you have an android phone or tablet i hear people use that google survey app and get a bunch of credits through it that can be used to buy packs

Got a shitty Fire tablet my dad got for free once laying around I think. Maybe I could use that? Dunno if I would have to jailbreak it or whatever to access the google app though.

V-Faction

Any consensus on the winning Forbidden card? Seems like Ritual and Healing are the leading two, followed by Summoning and then Flame. Ancient is a wash.

Apathy

Got a shitty Fire tablet my dad got for free once laying around I think. Maybe I could use that? Dunno if I would have to jailbreak it or whatever to access the google app though.

I use an emulator on my pc to do it. Every day i'll open it up and see if there are surveys to take. They dont take long and you can make a little bit of credit on your google account

Any consensus on the winning Forbidden card? Seems like Ritual and Healing are the leading two, followed by Summoning and then Flame. Ancient is a wash.

Both of those are getting a lot of use in their respective classes. Flame is getting used in yogg mage decks. No idea about shaping, don't think many are running it

Flame is mediocre. Shaping is bad because you don't get the battlecry, that's the biggest reason you play late-game minions. No one wants to put Shaping in your deck to get a random 2-drop.

Forbidden Healing is quite good, but Priests would like it more.
Forbidden Tentacles is auto-include in all Zoo decks; maybe the best.
The Druid one is solid for late tempo; great Arena card.

Yeah, holy champion is 4 and so is auchenai shadow priest, priest didn't need another 4 drop, specially a 3 health one. then they got 2 5's and cabal would be 6, that whole middle part is packed, and 1-3 has 2 dragon synergy cards and northshire and a weak body in museum curator (although I like it). It's crazy .
I keep wanting to say "we Priests", because I really am enamored with my deck right now. I think I need to hit rank 5 with the class or something before I can say that.

yogg1.jpg
yogg2.jpg

yogg3.jpg
yogg4.jpg

Interview with Mike Donais and Peter Whalen on their thought processes as they went through several iteration of Yogg-Saron: Making a Hearthstone Card: The Madness of Yogg-Saron
Wow, each of those is completely terrible.

I DO like the idea of Old Gods affecting your game before they are drawn, though.

playing secret paladin in wild feels like i'm admitting failure.
If you're having fun, that's all that matters.

Just watch kibler use his yogg and it also healing waved, yogg stopped casting and let the healing wave do the joust before it went on. So maybe they fixed it.
It did joust, but the actual HP didn't go up.

Or...maybe I'm an idiot, and it tried to heal Yogg and I didn't notice? lol -_-

Ah Chillmaw would be pretty nice, unfortunately I don't have him and probably not gonna craft unless I feel like making a Dragon Priest or something else down the line. The Tauren taunt the spawns the slime is working out pretty well.

I was running that too for a while and that probably works better for a Hunter deck anyway. They're better off with lower curved decks I believe. I'm just one for spectacles.

Dusted pretty much everything but my secret paladin deck and went for a control Paladin for standard.
Ressing Tirion, Cairne and Sylvanas of a N'Zoth feels good. Currently considering running the 2nd Ragnaros.

C'Thun isn't so much a pain as is the guy shuffling it back.

Levi

Banned
I knew it would happen. Spend 20k dust to get all the interesting cards, skip Paladin, and now all I really want to try control Healadin but I don't have Light Lord or forbidden Healing. Oh well.

VoxPop

Damn didn't know you get full dust value for nerfed cards. Had some golden ones for 1600 dust each :O

Sitting on 6K dust now. Got most of the legendaries I need already so I'll save it for gimmick decks and epics that I might need.

Bolf Ramshield is clutch as fuck now. Takes all the Cthun hits regardless of HP. Might be pretty essential in this meta.

Heropon

Continuing my rant post about "Arena shamans are busted" with part 2 as I've started a run with Shaman and I'm already 7-0. I can't wait to hit 10 wins wall again but I've been able to do really dirty things even after every single time I summoned the 7/7 on curve it got polymorphed/flame lanced.

Danj

C'Thun also seems to be an effective counter to Reno Jackson. I just had a warrior pull Reno out after I C'Thun'd, but as he didn't destroy my C'Thun I was able to knock him back down real quick.

Dahbomb

The cost 1 mana one is pretty stupid too.

Like with Mage, you can do turn 2 Sorcerer's Apprentice (and turn spells into 0 cost) then start doing Cabalist's Tome/Arcane Intellect and hopefully Draw/Create into double Pyroblast double Fireballs for an instant lethal.

It's like miracle Rogue only on super steroid. Completely dumb.

I don't know what to feel about them. Should I feel horrified that Blizzard even thinks about stuff like that or be glad they had the courtesy to not print cards like that?

Top Bottom