• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Cthun shaman provides great synergy with the evolve cards imo. 3mana 2/1 into a 4 drop with master of evolution on curve, or turn 8 twin emperor into evolve for x2 8 drops.

I don't even run a master of evolution in cthun shaman. Evolution is awesome don't get me wrong but it requires such a good starting hand to get what you are talking about. I just run a single evolve spell. To me the synergy comes from death rattling a 4/2 3 mana from hammer of twilight and then putting the twin emperors on board and then evolving that with whatever else survived the previous turn. Master of Evolution in cthun shaman also takes away from building cthun to 10/10 before turn 7 or 8 which is when you hope to have twin emperor by. And I have a gold Evolve and it is awesome to turn your side into completely gold minions.

tempostorm released their meta snapshot. Finally we can start the true netdecking

And so constructed official ends. It was a fun time.

That said, I think miracle rogue being on there is pretty artificial. Especially now that the fun is over and people will play freeze mage again.

Aggro Shaman and N'Zoth Pally are pretty much right.

"Meta will slow down"

manhack

What's Shaman perfect cuve?

Trogg - Golem - coin tuskarr

or Squire - flametongue - 3 drop

which one that considered the god curve?

Against me it has been Trogg, Golem, coin Feral, usually leads into golems, ferals, or flamewreathed.

to be fair I have won against this kind of stuff, but it required perfect top decks myself.

squidyj

tweaked my own paladin deck with some insights from koyuki's list and seeing it play, honestly by the end of it it came out pretty much the same.

I don't think my opponents like me very much =D

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hand information is not that important in Hearthstone so it's not a balanced choice.

What do yall think of this mechanic?

Choose one: Draw 1 card or draw 2 cards and reveal them to your opponent.

Why not draw 3 cards and show your opponent your entire deck? This would of course just link to tempostorm to save time.

What would be more interesting is a "look at the next card" mechanic. It could even be a hero power.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Why not draw 3 cards and show your opponent your entire deck? This would of course just link to tempostorm to save time.

What would be more interesting is a "look at the next card" mechanic. It could even be a hero power.
Hero power: Reorder your next 3 draws.

Would be very powerful, but is super slow.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
you really don't want to introduce this card to Hearthstone, especially not as a hero power.
That top is much more OP then what I'm suggesting.

Also, not all hero powers have to be 2 mana. I think it would be very interesting if Blizzard gave some access to more potent powers that could cost more.

Dahbomb

Just saw that Tempostorm list, seems reasonable I guess.

I don't think Miracoli is fit to be in tier 1 considering that even according to Tempostorm it loses to Aggro Shaman really badly. And they have Aggro Shaman as #1 in the game.

Moreover, I feel Midrange Shaman is going to rise up... that deck definitely does not feel like a tier 2 deck amongst those other jobbers.

And Miracoli beats Nzoth Paladin 7/3? I am not seeing it personally.

Interesting that Tempostorm plans to do Wild variations of meta snapshots too. I don't know how I feel about that. On one end it's good that Reynad is backing up his word on supporting Wild but on the other I feel like having a metasnapshot for Wild kinda defeats the purpose of it. Let people play what they want to play in it free from tournament/streamer bias for once.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
HE NEEDED EXACTLY THAT CARD!

Use Scry hero power, play Sir Finly, switch Warlock hero power, use hero power, Draw Pot of Greed, which allows you to draw 2 new cards, play Edwin VanCleef, use Shadowstep, play Edwin VanCleef, play Pot of Greed, then play Shadowstep, Coin, Coin, Innervate, Innervate, Edwin VanCleef, Cold Blood, Cold Blood, Charge, Faceless Manipulator for a perfect 10 mana, 13 card cards from 3 classes and 2 games combo for 64 damage. All of this possible think to Scry!

Been trying Shifter Zerus. Seems like a dead card 90% of the time. And if you topdeck it, it still needs a turn to transform.

He is pretty fun to get from Dark Peddler.

bjaelke

Interesting that Tempostorm plans to do Wild variations of meta snapshots too. I don't know how I feel about that. On one end it's good that Reynad is backing up his word on supporting Wild but on the other I feel like having a metasnapshot for Wild kinda defeats the purpose of it. Let people play what they want to play in it free from tournament/streamer bias for once.
You've not played much Wild I take it. It's surprisingly similar to Standard with a few powerful Wild cards. It is by no means free of bias at this moment.

And if Tempostorm doesn't produce a list someone else will.

Dahbomb

You've not played much Wild I take it. It's surprisingly similar to Standard with a few powerful Wild cards. It is by no means free of bias at this moment.

And if Tempostorm doesn't produce a list someone else will.
I only dabbled in Wild for a bit so I will just take word for it.

Also I read the last few notes of that Tempostorm list and they fully admitted that their match ups should be taken with a grain of salt at this stage and they are still changing them. Makes sense, they probably should not have posted the charts to begin with though.

manhack

Just saw that Tempostorm list, seems reasonable I guess.

I don't think Miracoli is fit to be in tier 1 considering that even according to Tempostorm it loses to Aggro Shaman really badly. And they have Aggro Shaman as #1 in the game.

Moreover, I feel Midrange Shaman is going to rise up... that deck definitely does not feel like a tier 2 deck amongst those other jobbers.

Yeah, I think Hybrid/Bloodlust Shaman is probably the strongest deck out of the mix. Basically what Loyan took to #1 Legend last month. I feel it has the best staying power between face and midrange.

Zoggy

that aggro shaman deck on tempostorm sucks

yeah i agree that shaman is tier 1 and probably the best, but that deck is garbage.

needs some lightning storms and evolves.

Dahbomb

Most Aggro Shaman decks run a Lightning Storm these days.
That's probably Hybrid Shaman. There's little reason for a pure face deck to use Lightning Storm.

It's like old Hunter again where there are these different variations of Shaman yet all of them are using Tunnel Trogg, Totem Golem, Tuskar Totemic and Faceless as their openers. Very difficult to predict a few turns in advance.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You're only running lightning storms in aggro shaman if you deathly fear other aggro shamans/zoo. In those cases, you're making a choice.

Are you betting on drawing Lighting Storm at the right time, or are you betting on outracing them? And the cost of putting Lightning Storm in your deck is worsening your matchup against Control.

I don't think Lightning Storm belongs in Aggro Shaman and it's purely a meta decision. If Aggro Shaman was the only fast deck in the meta, then no one would run it. It's a control card in a deck with a very strict, aggressive gameplan. If you run into a part of ranked that's mostly control, you'd instantly take it out. Tempostorm's list, like all their lists, is supposed to convey the "essence' of Aggro Shaman.

JohnCYQ

I don't even run a master of evolution in cthun shaman. Evolution is awesome don't get me wrong but it requires such a good starting hand to get what you are talking about. I just run a single evolve spell. To me the synergy comes from death rattling a 4/2 3 mana from hammer of twilight and then putting the twin emperors on board and then evolving that with whatever else survived the previous turn. Master of Evolution in cthun shaman also takes away from building cthun to 10/10 before turn 7 or 8 which is when you hope to have twin emperor by. And I have a gold Evolve and it is awesome to turn your side into completely gold minions.

That depends on how you're building the deck.

I run a pretty low curve deck with double trogg, totem golem, Disciple, Tuskarr, Chosen, Master of Evo, Nerubian Prophet (which I try to mulligan for so they're usually droppable at T3), and single (x1) Flamewreath, Twilight Elder, Beckoner and Brann. 6 C'thun buff cards there, Brann to combo with 5 of them for double buff.

I also only run 1 evolve, because I don't want too many dead cards in hand, while Master is at least good enough to play with a totem or on curve if you need the tempo. I don't run Thing From Below at all.

fertygo

Thing > Nerubian, holding card for several turn is less effective than card that reduce its cost by time, I think most Shaman already drop Prophet.

Pooya

shaman doesn't need heals, it's everyone else that needs healing against shaman. Hallazeal is a good card in a wrong class.

maybe when totem golen and trogg rotate out, people start playing control shaman but they lose elemental destruction too, I'm not sure it will be viable ever.

FeD.nL

Watching those VOD's Noxious and Kibler really are great together casting. So much energy and positivity while still making a player's outs clear to the audience.

Copenap

Watching those VOD's Noxious and Kibler really are great together casting. So much energy and positivity while still making a player's outs clear to the audience.
Dreamhack Vods? Where can I find them? Couldn't find the past broadcast on Twitch.

Ken

shaman doesn't need heals, it's everyone else that needs healing against shaman. Hallazeal is a good card in a wrong class.

maybe when totem golen and trogg rotate out, people start playing control shaman but they lose elemental destruction too, I'm not sure it will be viable ever.

Yeah but then it'd be a potentially ugly character!

Give hallazeal hero portrait

That depends on how you're building the deck.

I run a pretty low curve deck with double trogg, totem golem, Disciple, Tuskarr, Chosen, Master of Evo, Nerubian Prophet (which I try to mulligan for so they're usually droppable at T3), and single (x1) Flamewreath, Twilight Elder, Beckoner and Brann. 6 C'thun buff cards there, Brann to combo with 5 of them for double buff.

I also only run 1 evolve, because I don't want too many dead cards in hand, while Master is at least good enough to play with a totem or on curve if you need the tempo. I don't run Thing From Below at all.

We are running two different decks then, yea. I used to run nerubian prophet but dropped it because it is a terrible late game draw where as thing from below is still an excellent mid to late game draw.

Top Bottom