• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

IvorB

If I was you I'd get two Classic Packs for every Old Gods pack until you feel you have a decent Classic Collection and then I'd focus on Old Gods.

But these Old Gods cards will be rotated out at some point; is that correct? Don't really understand how all that works...

Ken

But these Old Gods cards will be rotated out at some point; is that correct? Don't really understand how all that works...

Yeah but not for awhile. I think standard is always the last two years of cards + classic so old gods is around for 2 more years and classic cards are always useable.

Finally got enough dust to craft both Sylvanas and N'Zoth.

Deathrattle Rogue is fun!

I have enough dust to do the same and then some. Sylvanas seems like a no brainier as it fits many decks and is a classic set card, even works as an anti cthun even. Death rattle rogue and hunter seem like fun plays as well with N'Zoth. That is a lot of dust though to dabble in a N'Zoth build.

I got a second Yogg last night, why not N'Zoth hearthstone?

fertygo

Got 11-1 ez with Rogue before got fucking destroyed with 2 Rogue :(

one of them comboing Healbot with fucking Shadowcaster to heal 16 with him in single digit HP

I forget, which one of you is Verse on B.net? I made a short clip featuring your "doubt it" message to me when I was a making my Ram Wrangler comeback in Arena yesterday and will upload it tomorrow, I just can't remember which one is you.

IvorB

Yeah but not for awhile. I think standard is always the last two years of cards + classic so old gods is around for 2 more years and classic cards are always useable.

Oh... well considering the rate at which you get cards in this game it'll probably be two years before I have anything close to a complete classic set.

Tarazet

N'zoth Rogue vs. N'zoth Paladin. Shut him down by hitting my own Sylvanas with an SI+7 Agent and stealing his Corrupted Healbot, and repeatedly bouncing his stuff back into his deck. He played N'Zoth and got only a single Abomination out of it.

inky

I forget, which one of you is Verse on B.net? I made a short clip featuring your "doubt it" message to me when I was a making my Ram Wrangler comeback in Arena yesterday and will upload it tomorrow, I just can't remember which one is you.

Opiate

Some people man... (he was salty because a spell damage minion + Lightning Storm cleared his board. Only one of his minions was even out of range and I had a minion to deal with that in case it didn't).

hearthstonescreenshotggkm0.png

Wish there was a report function tbh.

Last night arenas went: Paladin: 5-3, Shaman, 6-3, Shaman again 7-3 Should've kept playing until the inevitable 12-3 ;P

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
The game is completely different now that everyone uses a c'thun bullshit card.

I don't understand the logic of even making this card exist. It has ruined the game in my opinion.

People's just sit back and wait to summon a huge monster that wrecks havoc. Why even make a deck in standard without it now?

C'thun Hearthstone should be the name of the game now.

IceMarker

Can I just get to Rank 10 already PLEASE? Assholes on ladder all playing netdeck aggro bullshit. It's pre-WoToG all over again with this shit.

I don't understand the logic of even making this card exist. It has ruined the game in my opinion.

People's just sit back and wait to summon a huge monster that wrecks havoc. Why even make a deck in standard without it now?

There are plenty of decks designed to attack face and win before turn 10. And others that out multiple minions on the board that can withstand a cthun drop. I may be the only one, but is relieved when I see a cthun deck. Much of them rely on a turn ten Cthun for a win and that can be played around.

Dre

So in my last 5 packs I opened Hallazeal and Herald Volazj.
They're considered thrash right? As I've never seen someone on ladder or a streamer play them I guess they'll rot in my collection until new cards come out and make them viable.

They're considered thrash right? As I've never seen someone on ladder or a streamer play them I guess they'll rot in my collection until new cards come out and make them viable.

Hallazeal is decent, I don't think anyone found a way to make Herald work though.

Hallazeal with lightning storm on turn 8 is like Reno Jackson with potential board clear. Problem is it takes two cards to be in hand. Too unreliable to get it, but I still run it in my evolution shaman just because it's fun when it happens.

If you are tight on dust there are way better things to craft for sure.

Speaking of shaman legendaries I miss neptulon. Such a dumb card but refilling your hand with four random Murlocs was always awesome especially when it gives you two Murlocs Knights.

Dre

Thanks guys.

I'm not dusting single copies of legendaries anymore, so I'll definitely keep them both. As soon as I have all the cards for an evolve Shaman I might even use Hallazeal for a non-competitive fun deck.
Herald though will probably have to get cosy besides Prophet Velen and wait until someone figures a way to use him ... which might take a while.

Levi

Banned

Lots of decks better than C'thun decks right now. Zoo and Shaman, for example.

manhack

I've barely seen any C'thun decks in the last 2 days. I remember 1 Druid and 1 Warrior, but mostly Shaman, Zoo, Paladin and Rogue.

Pooya

banning rogue over shaman, lol. what was kolento thinking. he's about go 0-3 to face shaman. Doomhammer is just ridiculous, paladin heals to full still loses lol.

I'm just starting to feel like this xpac was somewhat less interesting than the previous couple

Maybe because they had to fill in some gaps from cards that were cycled out

Dahbomb

Eloise almost farmed Koen to 3-0 with Aggro Shaman but the nuts Priest opening hand prevented that.

Still lost to the classic Jaraxxus as Priest is always destined to.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
In fairness Eloise had a nut Aggro hand game 2. Perfectly timed Earth Shock (which is a one off). Perfectly timed Rockbiter #2.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Kolento played it well. I thought he had it when Eloise dropped Jaraxxus but she was probably aware of Soulpriest burst and played around it the entire time.

Imagine if he got Soulfire from his Shade.

bjaelke

You need better thoughtsteals than he had. Preferably Eredar Lord of the Burning Legion. Hard to keep up in trades when a 6/6 drops each turn.

Ketch

I run Reno Cthun, it's my favorite deck right now, but I didn't see the game

Does she run knife juggler, councilman, tentacles?

Levi

Banned
Nothing like losing to two hail mary Yogs in a row to make you Alt-F4.

I really should have spent more time laddering to get out of the sub 10 trash ranks so I could face boring meta decks instead of these unpredictable trash decks.

Ketch

just classic cthun reno with corruption.

do you have a list by chance? sorry. I came up with my own cthun reno when the expansion first hit and have been switching in and out 2/3 drops without being exactly sure what I want in there.

Top Bottom