• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm not spending dust on N'zoth and friends until 3 months in when the meta has well and truly settled. I like Miracle right now but it's a sad shell of what Miracle was. Ditto for Patron. By process of elimination, Aggro Shaman is the funnest deck.

I don't remember what else was good during GvG. I just remember playing Mech Mage a lot.

Naxxramas was mostly Classic decks + Undertaker. I think Undertaker Hunter was the best? My memory is hazy on this front.

Mulgrok

There is way more variance in my arena drafts during this expansion. So many situational or subpar cards that make things awkward.

Opened my first WotOG legendary, N'zoth. wee

fertygo

Pretty sure Patron gonna replaced with something similar because blizz love that deck and their support is apparent.

There's 3 deck where blizz will to preserve is pretty apparent.

Patron Warrior, Freeze Mage, Zoolock.

Haly

I liked secret paladin the most.

dTGZBmL.jpg

Strider

Reno Mage was waaaaaaay more fun than RenoLock.

Duplicating or using Echo on Reno brings out sooooo much salt.

But yea totally in agreement LOE and Blackrock are the best set of cards they've released. Discover mechanic is great... I was strictly talking the bigger expansions tho.

Haly

I wonder how OG Patron would stack up against Shaman right now.

The true failure of Wild is that we can't revive pre-nerf decks to answer these pressing questions.

I wanted the mode in SFIV that let's you play all versions of a character.

Dragner

Im a person that never had hand to play tempo mage, I was absolute garbage with the deck, all my mage wins were with freeze mage, but today I picked Thijs tempo mage and went something like 10-0 with it. I think is because it plays more like a midrange deck with high burst potential than a pure tempo mage. the only change I made was C'thun instead of Yogg because I dont have Yogg and I wont craft such terrible card.

Dahbomb

The true failure of Wild is that we can't revive pre-nerf decks to answer these pressing questions.

I wanted the mode in SFIV that let's you play all versions of a character.
Edition Select Hearthstone version. You can pick different versions of the same cards.

OTK Warrior vs Undertaker Hunter vs Aggro Shaman vs OG Miracoli vs OG Patron vs Secret Paladin

The king of iron dank tournament.

Dog's Miracoli got demolished by Totem Shaman LOL!

I would be fine with Power Overwhelming if Dark Peddler didn't exist, it's fucking stupid that my opponent can play 3 PO's by turn 6.

Preach.

Even Totem Shaman destroying Miracle

tier 1 doe

I ran into a miracle rouge that played two Auctioneers by turn 8. Lol. Lived through it and did a Brann twin emp combo on turn ten and only brann survived to the next round. Twas ok because he double activated a 10/10 cthun for a win.

Levi

Banned
Show and tell time:

nXkPf9T.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Made a cheap midrange Warrior on my EU account, wanted to share this Cursed Blade lethal. (I was lucky enough to get Malkorok in one of my free Old Gods packs, this account is 100% F2P, don't even have any adventures on it. Been very luck with pulls: Sylvanas, Antonidas, and Malkorok are the legendaries I've pulled from packs)

bhyLUOE.jpg

The rest of these are from my NA account, where I'm focusing on trying to get my golden right now. Lots of different Warrior decks to play right now! Right now "Tempo" is doing the best for me. (7-3 on ladder today, and one of those losses was a disconnect, i had dropped to 16 playing Patron and made my way back up to 14 with Tempo)

rsk3ORR.jpg

Tempo Warrior can pull off some really fun swing turns.

Pretty sure Patron gonna replaced with something similar because blizz love that deck and their support is apparent.

There's 3 deck where blizz will to preserve is pretty apparent.

Patron Warrior, Freeze Mage, Zoolock.
If Blizzard is smart, they will just let some deck archetypes move to Standard permanently. I think the only real deck we lost so far is Grinder Mage, but next year we lose all Dragon decks, Patron Warrior, Reno decks, and Tempo Mage. As much as I hate Flamewaker and Reno, it will really suck for people who love those decks to lose them.

Ken

I'm not spending dust on N'zoth and friends until 3 months in when the meta has well and truly settled. I like Miracle right now but it's a sad shell of what Miracle was. Ditto for Patron. By process of elimination, Aggro Shaman is the funnest deck.

I don't remember what else was good during GvG. I just remember playing Mech Mage a lot.

Naxxramas was mostly Classic decks + Undertaker. I think Undertaker Hunter was the best? My memory is hazy on this front.

Is there a reason they aren't supporting mechs anymore? I never played GvG so it seems weird a whole type of minion/deck basically became nonexistent.

Haly

Is there a reason they aren't supporting mechs anymore? I never played GvG so it seems weird a whole type of minion/deck basically became nonexistent.

Conflicts with theme. In a set about the old gods, they can't really enable mech as an archetype. Just not enough room for a bunch of mech cards. Even during GvG, there was only one really viable mech deck, Mech Mage. Mech Shaman could draw well but was mostly crap. In the same way, Dragon as a deck will disappear for a bit once BRM rotates, until they make another Dragon set.

I foresee Mech coming back eventually with Ulduar/Uldum or something like that.

Freeze mage is so boring to watch competivly.

Enjoying patron warrior. Also twin emperor call or is a really good card

Going to craft a Rag, lightlord next

ViviOggi

Patron this Patron that but it's always some midrange abomination with a few decent meta matchups. At least Miracoli keeps retaining its combo soul despite Blizz pushing it towards curve play as hard as possible.

Owzers

Almost all of my aggro shaman games have given me terrible openings. Everyone talks about tunnel trogg to totem golem or coin feral spirits. I prefer lightning storm, rockbiter, lava shock openings.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Remember how I was complaining that I couldn't figure out a good Priest deck?

I present, OTK Murloc Priest.

Don't ask me how many times it took until I got this to work.

I've been playing a Murloc paladin recently. The deck looks a lot like the standard aggro/divine shield paladin, so people don't play around the murloc synergy b/c they expect you just to do the divine shield stuff. Then you drop a Warleaders and Bluegill Warrior and they lose the game. MWHAHAHAHAHAH.

Pretty fun overall. The 1/3 that turns your hero power into making Murlocs is surprisingly good. Just a 1/3 statline puts in a lot of work T1.

Tarazet

Real talk, I just disenchanted all of my Hunter, Priest, Paladin, and Mage cards including Huhuran, Antonidas and Rhonin plus every epic I had that is only good in those decks. Was going to blow up my Patron Warrior deck and then remake it all golden. Then I got cold feet about it. Is Hearthstone Paralysis a thing?

Levi

Banned
Real talk, I just disenchanted all of my Hunter, Priest, Paladin, and Mage cards including Huhuran, Antonidas and Rhonin plus every epic I had that is only good in those decks. Was going to blow up my Patron Warrior deck and then remake it all golden. Then I got cold feet about it. Is Hearthstone Paralysis a thing?

I've briefly considered doing that (gutting the classes I don't like to make golden cards for the classes I do) but between cards rotating out (my all gold mech mage deck am cry) and meta shifts (I'd hate to feel left out if some new control deck pops up for one of those classes) I haven't done it. I also like being close to a complete collection. I haven't even been able to bring myself to dust all the bad Nax and GVG cards.

Dahbomb

That sounds like a horrible idea to be honest. The cold feet is your subconscious telling you that you messed up.

bunbun777

As someone who used to have an all gold patron deck let me tell you it's a lot better to not have to blow up all your cards to do it. Well I never got rid of any cards but still the idea gives me the shivers.
In for a penny in for a pound though...

Tarazet

That sounds like a horrible idea to be honest. The cold feet is your subconscious telling you that you messed up.

Fuck it, I don't care. It's not like I dusted anything from classes I actually played. Even Dr. Boom survived.

It's done. No regrets.

qzjuSvl.jpg

Top Bottom