• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Levi

Banned
I haven't played Tempo Warrior and all of the sites that host decks are blocked at work. Would you mind listing out what's in it? I imagine it's similar to Patron Warrior, which has always been one of my favorite decks, before and after it's nerf.

I was having a lot of success with Zoo, so trying out new decks wasn't something that I wanted to keep doing.

I think DahBomb is right on. It's funny how fast people will switch over to what a website calls tier 1 decks. It's just a map for a stale meta.

2x Blood To Ichor TOG
2x Execute
2x Whirlwind
2x Fiery War Axe
2x Battle Rage
2x Slam
2x Armorsmith
1x Fierce Monkey LoE
2x Frothing Berserker
2x Ravaging Ghoul TOG
2x Arathi Weaponsmith
2x Bloodhoof Brave TOG
1x Malkorok TOG
1x Grommash Hellscream
1x Varian Wrynn TGT
2x Acolyte of Pain
1x Cairne Bloodhoof
1x Ragnaros the Firelord

It's a midrange deck focused on getting the board early and out-tempoing your opponent. Strong late game your opponent can't deal with is your win condition, but you can also win early with a big Frothing Beserker.

can tech in a Harrison for a Weaponmith if you're seeing a lot of weapon classes.

Other subs
Cairne - Sylvanas
Malkorok - Gorehowl
Varian - Rafaam

Rag and Gromm are essential, in my opinion.

I took out a Weaponmith for a Korkron Elite, as I was ending up with too many weapons in my hand.

This game is an RNG Clown fiesta full of bullshit game mechanics that reward lucky ass players.

I should know. I play it everyday.

:D

Based on what I just witnessed with Yogg, this is true.

I have 3 minions on board against hunter, hunter has no cards, no traps up, nothing on the board, I win next turn.

Top decks Yogg, and I shit you not this was the last 5 spells casts by his Yogg.

Assassinate on one of my minions.
Blizzard on my remaining two minions.
Shatter on one of my remaining minions.
Flame Lance on my last minion
Buff on his Yogg which gave him exact lethal for the next turn.

embalm

2x Blood To Ichor TOG
2x Execute
2x Whirlwind
2x Fiery War Axe
2x Battle Rage
2x Slam
2x Armorsmith
1x Fierce Monkey LoE
2x Frothing Berserker
2x Ravaging Ghoul TOG
2x Arathi Weaponsmith
2x Bloodhoof Brave TOG
1x Malkorok TOG
1x Grommash Hellscream
1x Varian Wrynn TGT
2x Acolyte of Pain
1x Cairne Bloodhoof
1x Ragnaros the Firelord

It's a midrange deck focused on getting the board early and out-tempoing your opponent. Strong late game your opponent can't deal with is your win condition, but you can also win early with a big Frothing Beserker.

can tech in a Harrison for a Weaponmith if you're seeing a lot of weapon classes.

Other subs
Cairne - Sylvanas
Malkorok - Gorehowl
Varian - Rafaam

Rag and Gromm are essential, in my opinion.

I took out a Weaponmith for a Korkron Elite, as I was ending up with too many weapons in my hand.
I'll try this out soon for sure. At first glance the deck seems to have weak starts without the axe, which is usually not good for a tempo deck. 4 mid-game taunts will slow down any aggro deck for sure. Lots of late game cards for a tempo deck, I'll probably sub Varian for something faster like the Korkron Elite you mentioned.

After seeing the list I realize that I've seen this deck twice now. I had pretty good starts in both games, which tends to happen in a Zoo deck. In one game the other player quit on turn 3 and the second game came down to the wire, but I Power Overwhelming for a win.
In the second game I thought he was a Patron Warrior, he was holding onto several cards which I just assumed were greedy combo pieces. Seeing this list now, they were probably the 6+ mana minions. He kept playing removal and small minions.

Thanks for the list, I love me some mid-range tempo decks.

I'll try this out soon for sure. At first glance the deck seems to have weak starts without the axe, which is usually not good for a tempo deck. 4 mid-game taunts will slow down any aggro deck for sure. Lots of late game cards for a tempo deck, I'll probably sub Varian for something faster like the Korkron Elite you mentioned.

After seeing the list I realize that I've seen this deck twice now. I had pretty good starts in both games, which tends to happen in a Zoo deck. In one game the other player quit on turn 3 and the second game came down to the wire, but I Power Overwhelming for a win.
In the second game I thought he was a Patron Warrior, he was holding onto several cards which I just assumed were greedy combo pieces. Seeing this list now, they were probably the 6+ mana minions. He kept playing removal and small minions.

Thanks for the list, I love me some mid-range tempo decks.

Yea I mostly agree with that list, I would just add that you dont really need two whirlwinds so I dropped one and go two monkey two korkrons (which is basically another weapon). i have one weaponshmith, two axes, and gorehowl.

i also only use 1 acolyte (but have 2x slam, 2x battle rage). I really thing warrior players go overkill on the amount of card draw they have.

my 6+ minions are:
sylvannas (I love the stress she puts on the board)
gorehowl
obsidian (i actually have varian but I never use him), and i like the taunts this dude makes)
rag
grom

Rag/grom is such a good combo. honestly either of them sitting behind a taunt is difficult to deal with.

embalm

Yea I mostly agree with that list, I would just add that you dont really need two whirlwinds so I dropped one and go two monkey two korkrons (which is basically another weapon). i have one weaponshmith, two axes, and gorehowl.

i also only use 1 acolyte (but have 2x slam, 2x battle rage). I really thing warrior players go overkill on the amount of card draw they have.

my 6+ minions are:
sylvannas (I love the stress she puts on the board)
gorehowl
obsidian (i actually have varian but I never use him), and i like the taunts this dude makes)
rag
grom

Rag/grom is such a good combo. honestly either of them sitting behind a taunt is difficult to deal with.
So what are your thoughts on Malkorok Vs Gorehowl?

I was using Malkorok and the salt that comes with pulling a bad weapon is massive. He is still a decent body and a weapon which almost always turns into a tempo gain, but I don't know if I cant stand the RNG.

manhack

11 games today:

6 warlocks
3 shamans
1 warrior
1 druid (lol)

Looks like it is going to be one of those days. Good thing I'm playing hunter with unleash the hounds an explosive trap.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I just want to say that despite everyone saying Aggro is too powerful, and zoo is too good, etc. I'm still having a great time post Old Gods. I've been tuning a Murloc Paladin (that is pretty much the standard Divine Shield Paladin but with Murlocs), its a toss up against Shaman and Warlock Zoo (which is basically as good as it gets IMO), and does reasonably well against other control decks, except Warrior which destroys me 90% of the time.

I've also been working off and on with a C'Thun/N'zoth Warrior Deck that is too slow to win most of the time on Ranked Ladder but is so damn satisfying when you can grind out basically any other deck (except N'Zoth Pally which comes down to how much you can burst them down).

The entire ladder feels a lot less stagnant than before, even though I still see a lot of the usual Shaman and Warlocks, I don't mind it as much since at least I can win sometimes.

Levi

Banned
So what are your thoughts on Malkorok Vs Gorehowl?

I was using Malkorok and the salt that comes with pulling a bad weapon is massive. He is still a decent body and a weapon which almost always turns into a tempo gain, but I don't know if I cant stand the RNG.

You have a 1 in 20 chance of pulling Cursed Blade. If I'm ahead and I'm playing a class with burn (rogue / mage, for example) I'll hold off on Malkorok until a later turn when I can replace the weapon if necessary.

Pooya

I had a 5 win shaman quest, put together a face shaman deck, played 6 games won 5. The one I lost was against another shaman, that guy had both facelesses, I only had one. The other matches were so silly, like my opponents couldn't do anything, including N'zoth paly tier 1 deck, lol. Maybe it's too soon to say yet, but I feel it could become like undertaker hunter sooner than later, if you can't answer shaman opening plays, you're dead. The 1 drops in this game are too broken, they can't tell how strong a 1 drop card should be.

The entire ladder feels a lot less stagnant than before, even though I still see a lot of the usual Shaman and Warlocks, I don't mind it as much since at least I can win sometimes.

It depends on the rank, if you're playing in trihard ranks, things are not very good right now.

embalm

I just want to say that despite everyone saying Aggro is too powerful, and zoo is too good, etc. I'm still having a great time post Old Gods. I've been tuning a Murloc Paladin (that is pretty much the standard Divine Shield Paladin but with Murlocs), its a toss up against Shaman and Warlock Zoo (which is basically as good as it gets IMO), and does reasonably well against other control decks, except Warrior which destroys me 90% of the time.

I've also been working off and on with a C'Thun/N'zoth Warrior Deck that is too slow to win most of the time on Ranked Ladder but is so damn satisfying when you can grind out basically any other deck (except N'Zoth Pally which comes down to how much you can burst them down).

I was playing around with a Murloc pally on Friday. I honestly just put all the murlocs, all the cheap buff spells, and Divine Favor into a deck and went ham. It was a lot of fun and it was a really good deck. All of the 1 cost 1/3 murlocs that pally has are incredible. They will almost always survive to get buffed by a spell or a turn 3 murloc and they alter your hero power for the better.
I had Divine Favor and Coldlight Oracle for card draw. Giving your opponent cards, emptying your hand and then using divine favor is just dirty.
Murloc Knight combined with a 1/1 murloc hero power is really good. In a single turn you can generate one crazy board from two minions and hero power. This also allows you to generate card advantage in longer games.
I even tried putting the 10 mana Anyfin Can Happen in the deck and loved it. When your opponent finally clears your board and has you on the ropes this card is great. It forces them to have multiple answers for your 1 card and it's very likely that they have been playing defensively the entire game already and will be running low on answers.

It was a really fun deck.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I was playing around with a Murloc pally on Friday. I honestly just put all the murlocs, all the cheap buff spells, and Divine Favor into a deck and went ham. It was a lot of fun and it was a really good deck. All of the 1 cost 1/3 murlocs that pally has are incredible. They will almost always survive to get buffed by a spell or a turn 3 murloc and they alter your hero power for the better.
I had Divine Favor and Coldlight Oracle for card draw. Giving your opponent cards, emptying your hand and then using divine favor is just dirty.
Murloc Knight combined with a 1/1 murloc hero power is really good. In a single turn you can generate one crazy board from two minions and hero power. This also allows you to generate card advantage in longer games.
I even tried putting the 10 mana Anyfin Can Happen in the deck and loved it. When your opponent finally clears your board and has you on the ropes this card is great. It forces them to have multiple answers for your 1 card and it's very likely that they have been playing defensively the entire game already and will be running low on answers.

It was a really fun deck.

Yep, I don't include the Anyfin Can Happen, mostly because the card ended up dead in my hand too often (Zoo or Shaman matchups you often don't last to 10 if you aren't actively controlling the board). And with lots of murlocs generating multiple bodies (espeically 1 HP bodies), you can really make zoo and Shaman throw fits when you play 3 Divine Shield bodies on a single turn. They usually remove your 3/3 Divine Shield maker immediately, but if you get even 1 or 2 shields that is often worthwhile enough.

A really really fun deck to play. It honestly has changed my opinion of the Murloc tribe, which I previously thought was complete trash.

What do u guys think i should do to refine this hunter death zoo list
YLt1qAL.jpg

not pictured: 1x sea giant

obvi the objective is to swarm the enemy and take advantage of an insanely sticky board, gormok, giant, if anything is on the board when COTW gets played it's probably GG. i would play a second COTW but i don't have the dust rn. here's my thoughts

2x hunter's mark: essential, deck is full of pings and tokens, and this is way more valuable than an owl would be because the deck isn't a face deck. it's not even that bad to play this with RTH if i have an open board and an opponent drops a really deadly 4+ drop.

fiery bat: kind of weak, but has a death rattle, and is cheap. early game is very important with this deck which makes it hard for me to decide on a concrete later game. the webspinners are way more important though, hence 2 of them, bc hunters mark will get a spinner to get an important early kill anyway, and the free card + chance to sling another off feign is more valuable than bat's death

explosive x1, snake x2, mad sci x2: snakes are insane for juggler and for gormok/sea giant. explosive is basically to mix it up so the second one isn't insanely predictable.

alpha: the deck is full of tokens, so this helps make a board clear. it's sort of weak. but i don't think i wanna drop it.

creeper x2: not running abusives but the token and juggler synergy is too good

juggs x2: absolutely broken in this kind of deck

nerubs x2: AOE protection, insane synergy with feign death and princess

UTH x2: essential obvi

forlorn stalker: bad tempo, but the deck is so ramped with rattles that i think he's worth it. he can power up nerubs to 1/3 which is awesome. possible dead draw and bad tempo

cult master: MVP. deck is flushed with tokens. can almost always snag at least two cards from him. almost good enough to jam 2 in but i don't think i'm that ballsy.

gormok: too good, no one expects him either

infested wolf: kiiiind of eh, but works well with feign and gormok/sea/COTW/juggler

shredder: too good. maybe i should jam a second one in?

huhu: INSANE. hit cairne, highmane, nerub and the value is outrageous. but in worst case scenarios even hitting a spinner or creeper or shredder isn't horrible.

cairne: too good with feign/huhu. AOE protector

highmane: amazing, but do i really need two? idk. i think a second COTW is more important.

COTW: insane when you have any kind of board. this card makes this sort of hunter viable IMO. you are guaranteed to pump up ANYTHING on the board when you drop it. insane.

sea giant: amazing, but two is too greedy i think

omissions:
sylvannas: tough to keep out. lots of synergy. idk.
eaglehorn bow: this deck is good because you can put out insane boards on turns 4 - 9. losing health works directly against that. i wish i had more taunt or heal in here but i just don't see what i could play. defender of argus maybe?
animal companion: a tough omission. admittedly i don't have shit for 3 drops. but that's usually when i'm trying to cram in the cheap minions. buzzard would be great, taunt dude would be ok i guess, huffer honestly wouldn't add much under most circumstances. need the board to be sticky.
kill command: maybe i should have one. i have lots of beasts, but no houndmaster/wrangler/KC. that's because i'm trying to just swarm the deck, hope people will either ignore some things or just won't be able to kill all the death rattles, then use the board against them as hunters almost never do.
dr boom: maybe i should play him. so good, synergy with feign and huhu. but late game cards are hard to put in hunter decks. i think a second COTW would be better.

thoughts and suggestions? i don't own a second feign death yet, i'm not sure if i should use a second one or not when i get the dust. its really really good even if you can just hit a nerub egg with it. hit more than that and its insane, but liable to be a dead draw with 2x.

trembli0s

I love totem shaman. I abandoned it when old gods came out and have been meaning to try it again with that primal fusion card. May give this a go. Literally have everything that is needed.

Soooooo... this is pretty good

Coin + Argent + Trogg --> Flame Totem + trade add ----> Feral Wolk ---> concedes

I had one game where I ended up with an 11/10 Tuksarr thanks to a double Primal Fusion. Good Lord.

In a way I'm kind of glad aggro Shaman exists because it's so damn hilarious watching people go to such ridiculously hilarious lengths to remove your most benign shit when you're playing slower Shaman decks.

Like this Rogue just used Backstab on my Jeweled Scarab and Eviscerate on my Flametongue Totem when I had almost nothing on the board.

Tarazet

I actually kind of like this meta, but nothing could have been worse than concede priest, concede warrior, concede mage and secret paladin.

Fishlake

I got up to rank 12 doing some more quests. I actually crafted N'zoth to do my Rouge quest. I don't regret it as the deck that I made a Reno/N'zoth deck is fun to play.

Now I need Tirion to attempt pally N'zoth.

What do u guys think i should do to refine this hunter death zoo list
YLt1qAL.jpg

not pictured: 1x sea giant

obvi the objective is to swarm the enemy and take advantage of an insanely sticky board, gormok, giant, if anything is on the board when COTW gets played it's probably GG. i would play a second COTW but i don't have the dust rn. here's my thoughts

2x hunter's mark: essential, deck is full of pings and tokens, and this is way more valuable than an owl would be because the deck isn't a face deck. it's not even that bad to play this with RTH if i have an open board and an opponent drops a really deadly 4+ drop.

fiery bat: kind of weak, but has a death rattle, and is cheap. early game is very important with this deck which makes it hard for me to decide on a concrete later game. the webspinners are way more important though, hence 2 of them, bc hunters mark will get a spinner to get an important early kill anyway, and the free card + chance to sling another off feign is more valuable than bat's death

explosive x1, snake x2, mad sci x2: snakes are insane for juggler and for gormok/sea giant. explosive is basically to mix it up so the second one isn't insanely predictable.

alpha: the deck is full of tokens, so this helps make a board clear. it's sort of weak. but i don't think i wanna drop it.

creeper x2: not running abusives but the token and juggler synergy is too good

juggs x2: absolutely broken in this kind of deck

nerubs x2: AOE protection, insane synergy with feign death and princess

UTH x2: essential obvi

forlorn stalker: bad tempo, but the deck is so ramped with rattles that i think he's worth it. he can power up nerubs to 1/3 which is awesome. possible dead draw and bad tempo

cult master: MVP. deck is flushed with tokens. can almost always snag at least two cards from him. almost good enough to jam 2 in but i don't think i'm that ballsy.

gormok: too good, no one expects him either

infested wolf: kiiiind of eh, but works well with feign and gormok/sea/COTW/juggler

shredder: too good. maybe i should jam a second one in?

huhu: INSANE. hit cairne, highmane, nerub and the value is outrageous. but in worst case scenarios even hitting a spinner or creeper or shredder isn't horrible.

cairne: too good with feign/huhu. AOE protector

highmane: amazing, but do i really need two? idk. i think a second COTW is more important.

COTW: insane when you have any kind of board. this card makes this sort of hunter viable IMO. you are guaranteed to pump up ANYTHING on the board when you drop it. insane.

sea giant: amazing, but two is too greedy i think

omissions:
sylvannas: tough to keep out. lots of synergy. idk.
eaglehorn bow: this deck is good because you can put out insane boards on turns 4 - 9. losing health works directly against that. i wish i had more taunt or heal in here but i just don't see what i could play. defender of argus maybe?
animal companion: a tough omission. admittedly i don't have shit for 3 drops. but that's usually when i'm trying to cram in the cheap minions. buzzard would be great, taunt dude would be ok i guess, huffer honestly wouldn't add much under most circumstances. need the board to be sticky.
kill command: maybe i should have one. i have lots of beasts, but no houndmaster/wrangler/KC. that's because i'm trying to just swarm the deck, hope people will either ignore some things or just won't be able to kill all the death rattles, then use the board against them as hunters almost never do.
dr boom: maybe i should play him. so good, synergy with feign and huhu. but late game cards are hard to put in hunter decks. i think a second COTW would be better.

thoughts and suggestions? i don't own a second feign death yet, i'm not sure if i should use a second one or not when i get the dust. its really really good even if you can just hit a nerub egg with it. hit more than that and its insane, but liable to be a dead draw with 2x.

N'Zoth?

Tarazet

Having a pretty rough time with Patron. You're supposed to start building your board early and snowball, but the minions don't stay on the board well and you don't get much in the way of removal unless it's against swarms of 1/1 minions. I wonder if the all golden deck is working against me since they go balls out to get rid of the golden cards.

manhack

What kind of Druids are you running into?

That was a bizarre ramp druid with Ironbark Protectors.

Also lost to an Astral Communion Druid who had double innervate astral on turn 1.

Just beat a beast Druid. Similar list to what Zalae was running at Dreamhack

Having a pretty rough time with Patron. You're supposed to start building your board early and snowball, but the minions don't stay on the board well and you don't get much in the way of removal unless it's against swarms of 1/1 minions. I wonder if the all golden deck is working against me since they go balls out to get rid of the golden cards.

I think the deck's viability in this meta has been overstated, personally.

That said, I have never had success playing it as a tempo deck. I play it like control with a big drop on T7 or so.

Tarazet

I think the deck's viability in this meta has been overstated, personally.

That said, I have never had success playing it as a tempo deck. I play it like control with a big drop on T7 or so.

If you do that, though, they try to race you down and sometimes the board can mushroom out of control. I'd have to run Brawl to feel safe doing that.

If you do that, though, they try to race you down and sometimes the board can mushroom out of control. I'd have to run Brawl to feel safe doing that.

versus control you should try to use your patrons as card draw w/ battle rage. That way you still have turns afterwards when they clear the board

There a list of battletags to add for the Watch and Learn quest? I don't have any friends but want free packz. My tag is MisterZimbu#1539

Note: not a bidirectional watch and learn; I'm terrible and the quest requires the spectatee to win

akinkcl

Neo Member
Questing Adventurer is so broken in miracle rogue with the number of cheap spells haha..with the Nerf of silence, it can get pretty big pretty fast and if you conceal it with a gadgetzan..ggwp

Zoggy

In a way I'm kind of glad aggro Shaman exists because it's so damn hilarious watching people go to such ridiculously hilarious lengths to remove your most benign shit when you're playing slower Shaman decks.

Like this Rogue just used Backstab on my Jeweled Scarab and Eviscerate on my Flametongue Totem when I had almost nothing on the board.

hexxing totem golems lmaooooo

i thought about nzoth, but honestly, there's too many cheap deathrattles for zoth to be good i think. like he'd summon a wolf, creeper, etc, without a taunt in there it's hard to grab zoth. infest does sound good, i just haven't pulled one yet. i do need to fill that 3 mana slot, but idk what would be a good drop for animal companion, usually on turn 3 i'm busy filling the board, infest would be useful maybe, honestly i haven't seen many online decks like this yet but i think it's fairly decent, definitely very fun to play

Fishlake

Nothing tells your opponent to concede like playing Reno and shadow stepping it when they are out of steam and low on the board. That was a really close game as well. I thought I was dead and sprinted for Reno my second to last turn.

I had another amazing game against a control priest. It was back and forth the entire match. and I get a second dragon lord deathwing out of discover. Then I play it turn 9 wiht a coin to have it shadow word death-ed. then in the next 2 turns I pick up Ysera and lay down N'Zoth. I'm at 12 health and want to play Reno next turn. he plays double excavated evils and now I'm Trying to make the best out of whats left on my board. I clear it up and and send the dragon lord face. next turn he lays a second chillmaw off his museum curator. I assassinate it and win the game.

I also had a great end to a mill rouge game. I had dragon lord on the field with ysera in hand and a 2 attack weapon he plays brann, cold light and prep, vanish to meet a dreamy end.

Dragon Lord Deathwing wins me so many games in this deck. He is so hard to remove and often times transform and remove effects are used on prior targets.

Top Bottom