• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Got a decklist for it? I'm trying to make it work, but those zoo and aggro decks are killing me. Love me some hunter though. After paladin my favourite class. :D It's great to have some game finishers in CoW and N'Zoth as a secondary win condition.

2x Hunter's Mark
2x Explosive Trap
2x King's Elekk
2x Animal Companion
1x Eaglehorn Bow
2x Kill Command
2x UTH
2x Hounmaster
2x Forelorn Stalker
2x Infested Tauren
2x Infested Wolf
1x Ram Wrangler
Princess Huhuran
2x Savannah
Sylvanas
Cairne
2x Call of the Wild
N'zoth

Got a decklist for it? I'm trying to make it work, but those zoo and aggro decks are killing me. Love me some hunter though. After paladin my favourite class. :D It's great to have some game finishers in CoW and N'Zoth as a secondary win condition.

Aggro is still a challenge against it, especially if luck isn't on your side, draw-wise. But it's especially beautiful to have C'Thun drop and still win.

It is a control deck though so if someone opens up a three or four minion turn, you're in trouble, no doubt about it. No board clears in this bad boy. But you can still overwhelm them with stronger bros.

CivRab

Really enjoying the C'Thun semi tempo Mage deck, been ripping through the double digit ranks.
Now to see how it goes in the singles

2x Hunter's Mark
2x Explosive Trap
2x King's Elekk
2x Animal Companion
1x Eaglehorn Bow
2x Kill Command
2x UTH
2x Hounmaster
2x Forelorn Stalker
2x Infested Tauren
2x Infested Wolf
1x Ram Wrangler
Princess Huhuran
2x Savannah
Sylvanas
Cairne
2x Call of the Wild
N'zoth

Oh shit this is better than mine. Board clears with the Explosive Trap!!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Arena.

I had lethal next turn.

Warlock (opposite dude), 4 cards. The last two cards were top decks.

Dark Bomb -> Power Overwhelm -> Power Overwhelm -> Soulfire

15 damage, exact lethal.

2x Hunter's Mark
2x Explosive Trap
2x King's Elekk
2x Animal Companion
1x Eaglehorn Bow
2x Kill Command
2x UTH
2x Hounmaster
2x Forelorn Stalker
2x Infested Tauren
2x Infested Wolf
1x Ram Wrangler
Princess Huhuran
2x Savannah
Sylvanas
Cairne
2x Call of the Wild
N'zoth

What do you Mulligan for? My version had Firey Bats, Huge Toads, and that Worm Dude for early play.

Tarazet

Vanilla cards aren't dead in arena.

Vanilla minions are pretty dead in constructed though, outside of a few legendary drops and cards like Acolyte of Pain or Defender of Argus that can give you monster value. That's more a sign of most people having played the game for a while and spent a bunch of money, though. There's currently no better neutral 4 drops than Chillwind Yeti and Sen'jin Shieldmasta, and Shattered Sun Cleric is still a great tempo card.

JohnCYQ

Vanilla minions are pretty dead in constructed though, outside of a few legendary drops and cards like Acolyte of Pain or Defender of Argus that can give you monster value. That's more a sign of most people having played the game for a while and spent a bunch of money, though. There's currently no better neutral 4 drops than Chillwind Yeti and Sen'jin Shieldmasta, and Shattered Sun Cleric is still a great tempo card.
By vanilla they're referring to minions that are just a pure body of stats, counting taunt as well. Neither acolyte Nor defender are vanilla minions considering that they have actual effects and are severely understated for that reason.

Magnus

Would it be reasonable to describe all the recent classic card nerfs as failures (except for Knife Juggler's), given that all of those cards (again, save Knige Juggler) no longer see play? Was the nerf stick taken too hard to each of them?

I'm keenly aware that the meta may take a little while to truly stabilize and that a few more of these MAY come back into play. Thoughts?

Danj

Would it be reasonable to describe all the recent classic card nerfs as failures (except for Knife Juggler's), given that all of those cards (again, save Knige Juggler) no longer see play? Was the nerf stick taken too hard to each of them?

I'm keenly aware that the meta may take a little while to truly stabilize and that a few more of these MAY come back into play. Thoughts?

I still see Big Game Hunter. Super annoying when it takes out my Flamewreathed Faceless.

blade flurry may come back into style at least a one of in some type of rogue deck and force may come back in some type of token druid deck. Also some people may run bgh and hunter's mark is still being played. Lore is gone and most likely master of diguise but nobody really played that anyways.

Oh yea arcane golem is done for good. All the other 4/4 for 3 are better

Dahbomb

Knife Juggler, Hunter's Mark and BGH still see play. I sometimes still see Owl being played.

Other cards were obviously over nerfed as initially predicted. Never seen the Druid or Rogue cards. Arcane Golem is rest in pepperonis. Haven't seen Leper Gnome either. Molten Giant also sees no play.

giapel

2x Hunter's Mark
2x Explosive Trap
2x King's Elekk
2x Animal Companion
1x Eaglehorn Bow
2x Kill Command
2x UTH
2x Hounmaster
2x Forelorn Stalker
2x Infested Tauren
2x Infested Wolf
1x Ram Wrangler
Princess Huhuran
2x Savannah
Sylvanas
Cairne
2x Call of the Wild
N'zoth
How does it perform against shaman? Seeing as the meta is 50% them

Knife Juggler, Hunter's Mark and BGH still see play. I sometimes still see Owl being played.

Other cards were obviously over nerfed as initially predicted. Never seen the Druid or Rogue cards. Arcane Golem is rest in pepperonis. Haven't seen Leper Gnome either. Molten Giant also sees no play.

Arcane Golem is definitely the worst one. Why on earth does this card exist now?!

I remember the first match I played post-nerfs. I hadn't changed anything, and turn 1 I drop Leper Gnome. I trade...oh wait. I removed the card immediately. It's total crap now!

I want to believe that Molten Giant is still playable, because Handlock was supposed to become a main deck for me at some point. :(

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So in trying to get into Ramp Driud. My top end cards are Emperor, Sylvannas, Ancient of War, Ragnaros, Aviana, Cenarius, Soggoth, Yogg Saron. It's working but I'm not quite sure why. Why does Ramp Druid work to begin with?

Aviana is so that I can Turn 8 or 9 Innervate and play stuff. Soggoth is basically, divert 9 damage, trade in at least 2 minions. Many times I've played it against a Mid-Range deck and they pass. It does get roflstomped by Black Knight but it's a risk worth taking. Yogg, once again, has only won me games. He draws me cards and clears the board.

EDIT: Even more questions. What is THE anti-Aggro deck? What is THE anti-control deck? I miss my AnyFin Reno =[.

I really like Soggath with druid ramp and Ysaarj, Aviana, and Naga Sea Witch. It's not a good card by itself but a really good card to cheat out since the main way to counter cheated out cards is hard removal.

Draft

A sincere fuck you to Blizzard for not giving Priests a way to deal with 4-attack minions in Standard. Entomb doesn't fucking count.
The accuracy of this statement and the sincerity of your complaint combined are maximum hilarity. It's true, priests don't have a great way to deal with 4 attack minions. They just have a pretty good removal for everything with 3 or less attack, a great removal for everything with 5 or more attack, a powerful removal that eats through deathrattles, a big body that steals away minions with 2 or less attack, and if the minion has a lot of attack and you still want to steal it? There's a spell for that, too.

No good way of dealing with those 4 attack minions, though. Big hole in the priest arsenal.

Tarazet

Keeper is still usable, I run one in beast druid and he always gets played. Knife Juggler is still MVP in Zoo. That's about it. Everything else is dusted and not missed.

Haunted

Between cheap single target removals and several strong AoEs, Priest probably has the best arsenal of removal options in the whole game right now.

Tarazet

By vanilla they're referring to minions that are just a pure body of stats, counting taunt as well. Neither acolyte Nor defender are vanilla minions considering that they have actual effects and are severely understated for that reason.

That's certainly true, but there are not many true vanilla minions that don't even have a tag that helps with synergy. So they just basically say, "I don't know what this deck is supposed to do but here's a fat body for you to deal with."

IceMarker

Fallen to Rank 13 from 10 with this bullshit as Priest today. Fuck this Earth.

Fine I'll just go full TILT and netdeck an aggro deck like the rest of the uncreative fucks in this game.

JohnCYQ

That's certainly true, but there are not many true vanilla minions that don't even have a tag that helps with synergy. So they just basically say, "I don't know what this deck is supposed to do but here's a fat body for you to deal with."
??

Many of them exist, just that nobody really uses them in constructed because battle cry/deathrattle or other effect minions are simply better and provide synergy for their decks.

TGT gave us the 5 mana 5/6.
Old gods gave us a 7mana 6/8 taunt and a 8mana 6/10 minion.
Warriors have a 3mana 3/4 taunt with beast tag, but that tag is meaningless because warriors simply do not have beast synergy support, so in all honesty it's basically a vanilla 3drop, slightly stronger due to being a class card (having taunt without stat penalty).

Pooya

the secret paly player on my friend list that I mentioned earlier is now rank 21 legend on wild. He was legend every season before but not this high or soon ever, lol, wild looks like it could be good if you want to get that rank 5 chest asap and don't care about dealing with shamans.

??

Many of them exist, just that nobody really uses them in constructed because battle cry/deathrattle or other effect minions are simply better and provide synergy for their decks.

TGT gave us the 5 mana 5/6.
Old gods gave us a 7mana 6/8 taunt and a 8mana 6/10 minion.
Warriors have a 3mana 3/4 taunt with beast tag, but that tag is meaningless because warriors simply do not have beast synergy support, so in all honesty it's basically a vanilla 3drop, slightly stronger due to being a class card (having taunt without stat penalty).

Having taunt excludes them from being a vanilla minion. Eldrich horror is a vanilla minion because it lacks a tag and any text. Same with pit fighter.

Rockyrock

Yeah double CoW is god tier. I've won many matches even without ever dropping N. So versatile.

Yea im surprised no one is talking about hunter rn.

Im playing a midrange version and it's killing it on ladder.

extremely versatile like you said. It has really strong mid game minions but also has the spells to race face if you have to vs an aggro deck.

I've won a bunch of games through burst I really had no business winning.

Dahbomb

No one is talking about Hunter right now because it's just a weaker Shaman. Weaker Midrange and Face deck. Deck is still damn strong but why play a 8/10 dexk when you can play a 10/10 deck?

No one is talking about Hunter right now because it's just a weaker Shaman. Weaker Midrange and Face deck. Deck is still damn strong but why play a 8/10 dexk when you can play a 10/10 deck?
For me personally, some decks are just boring as hell to play. Sure, I could play Zoo and rank up, but where's the fun in that? I'd be dead of boredom by rank 5.

ViviOggi

For me personally, some decks are just boring as hell to play. Sure, I could play Zoo and rank up, but where's the fun in that? I'd be dead of boredom by rank 5.

Zoo still more demanding than the majority of viable decks this abomination of an expansion has spawned

CTHUN
BrokeBack.png
CTHUN
BrokeBack.png
CTHUN
BrokeBack.png

SMOrc.png
Greetings, friend
SMOrc.png

On a different note Divine Favor is still the most degenerate card in the entire game

Zoo still more demanding than the majority of viable decks this abomination of an expansion has spawned
Fair enough, just talking about my personal opinion. For what it's worth, I haven't touched a C'Thun deck and I usually try to put in something weird to 'justify' it I suppose.

Also, the majority is always going to gravitate towards the easiest decks. Chances are they'll always exsist too, considering how the game works fundamentally.

If this game was created by any other company other than Blizzard, it would have been slammed into the fucking ground and not even remembered at this point. It's literally impossible to get any kind of win streak going with this dumpster fire meta Blizzard created with this abomination of an "expansion" unless you are incredibly lucky and go up against opponents that don't have exact answers (of course that's why people say this game is nothing but rng or rock, paper, scissors) or aggro/face decks where you get a shit opening hand. You will run into some dip shit zoolock that just flat out wins by turn 4 followed by a face shaman. The ladder has never been worse than it is now (I have seriously seen 1 hunter, 1 warrior, and 1 druid in the last 20 or so matches), wild is a complete mess that will never be balanced (not even sure why Blizzard said it would be, pretty sure they were laughing when they said that) and arena is the same as it's always been. It's seriously at the point where seeing a damn hunter is a means to get excited.

The team running this game are grade A idiots and shouldn't be allowed to work in the games industry. They treat everyone with zero respect, ignore criticism constantly, wait a good year to finally do any card nerfs/changes which either do nothing or go overboard to the point it may as well not even exist, they have provided no meaningful modes over the years unless you want to count fucking tavern brawl, which already has a limitation on when you can play it and even that has been abandoned and there hasn't been a new one in a month. They will never actually do anything to fix this garbage state the game is in, since that would require real effort outside of putting the artist team to work on new card art and animations, and the game will just continue to get worse and worse.

This game is so undeserving of the money it makes it makes me physically ill to think about it. It was easy to give a pass during its first year or so, but now after this long, it's clear they don't give a shit. The profit the game makes sure as shit isn't going back into the game, as a mater of fact, i'd be willing to bet more money goes into the garbage cinematics for each expansion than the actual expansions themselves. This game desperately needs more modes. 2v2, 60 card deck matches, 4 way ffa, fucking anything.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
If this game was created by any other company other than Blizzard, it would have been slammed into the fucking ground and not even remembered at this point. It's literally impossible to get any kind of win streak going with this dumpster fire meta Blizzard created with this abomination of an "expansion" unless you are incredibly lucky and go up against opponents that don't have exact answers (of course that's why people say this game is nothing but rng or rock, paper, scissors) or aggro/face decks where you get a shit opening hand. You will run into some dip shit zoolock that just flat out wins by turn 4 followed by a face shaman. The ladder has never been worse than it is now (I have seriously seen 1 hunter, 1 warrior, and 1 druid in the last 20 or so matches), wild is a complete mess that will never be balanced (not even sure why Blizzard said it would be, pretty sure they were laughing when they said that) and arena is the same as it's always been. It's seriously at the point where seeing a damn hunter is a means to get excited.

The team running this game are grade A idiots and shouldn't be allowed to work in the games industry. They treat everyone with zero respect, ignore criticism constantly, wait a good year to finally do any card nerfs/changes which either do nothing or go overboard to the point it may as well not even exist, they have provided no meaningful modes over the years unless you want to count fucking tavern brawl, which already has a limitation on when you can play it and even that has been abandoned and there hasn't been a new one in a month. They will never actually do anything to fix this garbage state the game is in, since that would require real effort outside of putting the artist team to work on new card art and animations, and the game will just continue to get worse and worse.

This game is so undeserving of the money it makes it makes me physically ill to think about it. It was easy to give a pass during its first year or so, but now after this long, it's clear they don't give a shit. The profit the game makes sure as shit isn't going back into the game, as a mater of fact, i'd be willing to bet more money goes into the garbage cinematics for each expansion than the actual expansions themselves. This game desperately needs more modes. 2v2, 60 card deck matches, 4 way ffa, fucking anything.

Pure and utter truth, right here.

Hmmm, I'm loving the state of the game right now. So I guess you can't please everyone.

IceMarker

Preach brother!

Top Bottom