• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

fertygo

Yup, same.

I'd take this meta over pre-standard any day.

Same, Face Shaman already rampant before.. its #2 deck, only "worse" by even more stupid deck and all other deck use same broken card

Tier 2 aggro deck llike aggro pally not as intimidating like when they had broken card at gvg

Where did "Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler from Brian Kibler Gaming" come from? I mean the phrase, not the guy.

There was a tournament a while back where people had their internet handle listed along with their real names. So Trump was "Jeffrey 'Trump' Shih" for example. Brian jsut foes by Brian Kibler (or Kibler, so he was listed on-screen as "Brian 'Brian Kibler' Kibler". Later, I think he once jokingly said "Please don't call me 'Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler'". He also runs BMK Gaming, so people meme'd him and tacked it all on. Now he's:

Brian "Please don't call me '"Brian "Brian Kibler" Kibler"' of Brian Kibler Gaming" Kibler of Brian Kibler Gaming.

Kinda like my Hunter better than that earlier posted. Just not enough early game for me.

Hunt, Rattle, and Zoth
1 x Hunters Mark
2 x Firey Bat
2 x Bear Trap (will be replacing at least one with Explosive Trap for the ill board clear)
2 x Huge Toad
2 x Scavenging Hyena
2 x Eaglehorn Bow (may replace one with Huhu)
2 x Animal Companion
2 x Kill Command
1 x Unleash The Hounds
2 x Carrion Grub
1 x Houndmaster
2 x Infested Wolf
2 x Tomb Spider
1 x Tundra Rhino
2 x Savannah Highmane
1 x Sylvanas
2 x Call of the Wild
1 x N'Zoth

Schnauzer

I hate to say it but I don't think Priest will be viable in the long run. I think it works now because we know our decks so well, that we can overcome the deficiency; however, once the meta settles, I think we are at a disadvantage.

I know I could easily counter priest atm...

I think if they change shadow word: horror to 3 attack or less, I think would be just enough to make the difference.

Acerac

Banned
Hmmm, I'm loving the state of the game right now. So I guess you can't please everyone.

I've been playing since the beta and depending who you talk to the game has consistently been in the the worst state it's ever seen. It's one of those constants in this game, like "whatever deck just beat me is cheap".

Tarazet

??

Many of them exist, just that nobody really uses them in constructed because battle cry/deathrattle or other effect minions are simply better and provide synergy for their decks.

TGT gave us the 5 mana 5/6.
Old gods gave us a 7mana 6/8 taunt and a 8mana 6/10 minion.
Warriors have a 3mana 3/4 taunt with beast tag, but that tag is meaningless because warriors simply do not have beast synergy support, so in all honesty it's basically a vanilla 3drop, slightly stronger due to being a class card (having taunt without stat penalty).

The only vanilla minions at 3 cost are the three Ragers that no one will ever put in their decks. (Carrion Grub is a Beast.) There are no vanilla 2-drops or 1-drops - not a single one. Taunters don't count, it influences the board state. Chillwind Yeti is literally just two numbers that you can run into two other numbers. Wisp is technically a card, but let's not kid ourselves here. A lot of games are decided in the mulligan and first 3 turns, and there are no vanilla minions worth mentioning in that bracket. Once you get to turn 4+ you really have to start playing the power game and vanilla minions aren't enough to keep the boil on.

Owzers

I get the same feeling about Hearthstone as i do when a developer is working on new map dlc for a game whose online multiplayer isn't working.

I get the same feeling about Hearthstone as i do when a developer is working on new map dlc for a game whose online multiplayer isn't working.

What isn't working? I haven't run into any bugs or anything. And there is always going to be some top deck that people complain about. What do they do? Shaman isn't even that oppressive if a deck like miracle rogue can survive high tier.

Owzers

What isn't working? I haven't run into any bugs or anything. And there is always going to be some top deck that people complain about. What do they do? Shaman isn't even that oppressive if a deck like miracle rogue can survive high tier.

It's working fine, but I'm always finding myself annoyed by the game between ladder and arena decks with such high draft disparity. More modes would be nice as mentioned here, I don't begrudge Blizzard but they seem content with how things are since it's so profitable.

Raxus

Nah its not the worst state the game has been, that honor belongs to Undertaker meta.

People that claim worst meta ever must really forget how bad the game was originally with Hunters dominating, bots playing zoo locks all the time, and people would play OTK's up the wazoo thanks to giants, unleash the hounds and charge all being super exploitable.

Also Leroy was 4 mana.

Levi

Banned
I still prefer the Standard meta to the Secret Paladin meta. Unfortunately there's always going to be one cheap, annoying and efficient deck that the netdeckers, tryhards and f2p players are going to gravitate to.

I do wish Blizzard was more proactive, since they have the numbers and can tell how good Shaman is as far as winrate as well as percentage of people on the ladder. I also wish they considered the whole ladder and not just high legend and the tournament meta when doing balance changes.

Sure, there's probably a lot more control at high legend than there is at rank 15, but most of their players are at or below rank 15 so maybe consider them too.

It's working fine, but I'm always finding myself annoyed by the game between ladder and arena decks with such high draft disparity. More modes would be nice as mentioned here, I don't begrudge Blizzard but they seem content with how things are since it's so profitable.

It's such an odd thing to say that they aren't trying right after they drop an expansion, introduce a new format, and plan to ramp up expansions rather than let them slow down.

As for modes? This is brought up from time to time. I don't even see how hearthstone could be made into a 2v2 mode effectively, let alone a 4v4 mode. We're talking about a game that fits on a mobile phone screen here.

Secret Paladins was worse.

Not even close man. You could have a 4/5 undertaker by like turn 3 lol. Plus all the deathrattles. It's not even in the same ballpark.

IceMarker

I like how Blizzard nerfed aggro and it still shits on everything.

I wish I could quit this damn game thinking I can make control work.

cHinzo

That's me who's trying to get control hunter to work for so long. Still ain't happening without decent heal and card draw for this class. At least beast hunter is fun to play. Closest thing I can get without losing 9 out of 10 games.

Btw guys, u guys tried that troll Yogg-saron hunter deck yet? It's the #1 thread on /r/competitiveHS. It's so funny to see which random spells are gonna come out of that guy if u can manage to survive till round 10. Here's the decklist:

Eq2Yl6O.png

Levi

Banned

As another fan of control I started writing about how you shouldn't quit, but I started thinking about.

My favorite deck to pilot of all time? Heavy control aka "Fatigue" warrior.

My decks with the best win rates? Midrange Druid, Midrange Paladin, Midrange aka "Tempo" Warrior.

I did get to single digit ranks playing Control Warrior and Control Priest, but nowhere near as quickly as when I play midrange decks

That isn't even true. Sorry to hear that you're having trouble making control work, but I'm 4-1 with a c'thun paladin list I just whipped together today (also doing fairly well with my other c'thun list). I lost to some wonky murloc paladin list, but likely due to my own mistake and not because aggro shits on everything.

I've beaten 3 aggro decks, plus a miracle rogue deck now. This deck isn't even designed to perform well against aggro, I am trying to do well against control but queuing mostly aggro.

This is what I am running atm:

http://i.imgur.com/HnEiFq0.png

Dahbomb

This deck isn't even designed to perform well against aggro
*Looks at deck and sees double Wild Pyro, double Equality, double Kodo, Eadric, double Forbidden Healing, Lightlord

Come on now man, you can make your point without outright lying. :p

Paladin has among the best anti aggro tools available and it's why its the best control deck to use by quite a margin (and why Nzoth Paladin is tier 1). Other classes struggle to play control against the field. Control Warrior is the next best option but it's better to use Midrange/Tempo/Patron Warrior instead because it's better against aggro.

*Looks at deck and sees double Wild Pyro, double Equality, double Kodo, Eadric, double Forbidden Healing, Lightlord

Come on now man, you can make your point without outright lying. :p

Paladin has among the best anti aggro tools available and it's why its the best control deck to use by quite a margin (and why Nzoth Paladin is tier 1). Other classes struggle to play control against the field.

That is a very superficial evaluation of my deck.

So because it has some tools to deal with aggro you think it's built to counter aggro? In fact, if I were making anti-aggro, I would run more low drops and less reactive cards like double equality. I run double equality to deal with control, not aggro.

I have no 1 drop, no 2 drop, a single consecration, no tirion, 2 taunts total and one of those is a fairly bad statline being 3/6 for 5, the other requires activation where against aggro I am not always going to even have that activated...

I'm also running black knight and sylvanas, both being bad against aggro. Eadric is certainly not an anti-aggro card although occasionally it works well against aggro too. No tirion, no huge taunts aside from twins...

Dahbomb

No one runs taunts these days even against aggressive line ups because taunts are dumpster trash right now. The best taunts right now are Senjin and that Warrior 4 drop. How many taunts aside from Tirion does Nzoth Paladin even run? I don't think it runs even a single one.

Tirion sees play in basically every Paladin deck, it's not really a specifically anti aggro card. Not sure why you didn't include it in your deck but oh well.

So why do you have 3 massive heals in the deck, 2 Kodos and 2 Wild Pyromancers? Equality happens to be a card that is good against both control and aggro.

I am not saying the deck is specifically designed against aggro... but the deck has all the tools it needs to handle aggro regardless just like Nzoth Paladin does (which also runs Sylvanas and Humility, cards that aren't good against aggro but control).

This would be like me posting a new Renolock list and saying "this deck isn't designed to counter control" and then have Jaraxxus and Ragnaros in it.

Ketch

That's me who's trying to get control hunter to work for so long. Still ain't happening without decent heal and card draw for this class. At least beast hunter is fun to play. Closest thing I can get without losing 9 out of 10 games.

Btw guys, u guys tried that troll Yogg-saron hunter deck yet? It's the #1 thread on /r/competitiveHS. It's so funny to see which random spells are gonna come out of that guy if u can manage to survive till round 10.

I killed one of those, it had a summoning stone in it.

No one runs taunts these days even against aggressive line ups because taunts are dumpster trash right now. The best taunts right now are Senjin and that Warrior 4 drop. How many taunts aside from Tirion does Nzoth Paladin even run? I don't think it runs even a single one.

Tirion sees play in basically every Paladin deck, it's not really a specifically anti aggro card. Not sure why you didn't include it in your deck but oh well.

So why do you have 3 massive heals in the deck, 2 Kodos and 2 Wild Pyromancers? Equality happens to be a card that is good against both control and aggro.

I am not saying the deck is specifically designed against aggro... but the deck has all the tools it needs to handle aggro regardless just like Nzoth Paladin does (which also runs Sylvanas and Humility, cards that aren't good against aggro but control).

This would be like me posting a new Renolock list and saying "this deck isn't designed to counter control" and then have Jaraxxus and Ragnaros in it.

Like I said... it isn't designed to beat aggro. You said I was lying. I was being forthright, the deck can succumb to aggro very easily and I have to basically rely on them over-extending into equality and stabilize with heals later on to stand a solid chance.

edit:
Also saying because it has heals it's anti-aggro? I've run lists with way more healing than just 2 heals in paladin lol... that's like on the lower end of healing for paladin.

And I am merely testing out doomcaller in place of tirion because against control I actually might rather have 2 c'thuns than a tirion who people are super used to dealing with, especially now that silence has made it's way back into the meta somewhat.

Ken

Btw guys, u guys tried that troll Yogg-saron hunter deck yet? It's the #1 thread on /r/competitiveHS. It's so funny to see which random spells are gonna come out of that guy if u can manage to survive till round 10. Here's the decklist:

ok this deck is really fun thanks for posting it

made a comeback with yogg from 8 health vs a 30 health paladin (even though yogg gave the opponent's light rag some attack/defense boost and then coldblood zzz)

cHinzo

ok this deck is really fun thanks for posting it

made a comeback with yogg from 8 health vs a 30 health paladin (even though yogg gave the opponent's light rag some attack/defense boost and then coldblood zzz)

I'm loving these new cards. Just played a game with this deck against a rogue who was using Yogg is his deck. So much random shit came out of our Yoggs and the game ended with a Hellfire from the rogue's Yogg with him at 3HP left lol. Also managed to win against a control warrior, by getting an early Thaurissan and baiting both his Brawls with discounted Call of the Wilds. Managed to play almost 20 spells before dropping the Yogg. :D

Lowlights of today were two jousts from that Elek. Lost a joust with my Yogg against a C'Thun and a joust with my Yogg against a freakkin' Sea Giant in a Zoolock deck. 😫🔫

Aren't Control Warrior and N'zoth Paladin both top tier decks right now? If anything there's more control than the previous meta. Face shaman is the only viable aggro deck right now as far as I can tell, it's just extremely strong.

Dahbomb

Aren't Control Warrior and N'zoth Paladin both top tier decks right now? If anything there's more control than the previous meta. Face shaman is the only viable aggro deck right now as far as I can tell, it's just extremely strong.
Control Warrior is tier 2, Nzoth Paladin is tier 1. Tempo Warrior is considered a bit better than CW at the moment.

And by "Aggro" people are also including Zoolock. Both Zoolock and Aggro Shaman are tier 1 at the moment. Midrange Shaman isn't technically aggro but it's a very aggressive deck that can finish games quick and is also around tier 1 strength.

Owzers

slide down 2 rank and all I'm facing is greedy N'zoth deck, where the fuck those aggro yall complaining.. I want them instead

turn 5 loss to my nzoth paladin against a shaman because i had no board clear and they had bloodlust. Soooooooo look forward to that fun.

IceMarker

I gotta admit with how salty I get at video games I stare at that Last Played: button pretty hard whenever I lose a match I really thought I was about to win. (i.e whenever I play Control and actually get my board clears in a timely manner, then still proceed to lose.)

KuroNeeko

Sometimes I try to add my Last Played opponent to tell them that I liked their deck or that the gold (card) looked awesome.

They almost never reply.

The one guy who did is still on my friend list. I spectated him the other day and he was running an all-gold Yogg / Summoning Stone mage list. It was awesome.

This patron warrior had a sick curve. I thought I was going to lose so quickly. He got that 2/6 enrage card out early so I responded with tomb pillager. He dealt with that rather easily with a korkron elite. Then he dealt with my azure drake with that 1 damage AOE 3/3 and fiery war axe and started hurting my face. Next turn dealt with what I played and even dropped and copied a grim patron.

But then my maly rogue deck (dubbed xarilyos) did it's magic and I nearly cleared his board between sap and si7 agent, preps and eviscerate. I proceeded to win off a van cleef line of play since I still hadn't drawn my malygos, plus I still had ET in hand with time to set that up.

I'm still playing my own concoction of malyrogue although it's maybe 3-4 cards off from the tempostorm list as it is.

If this game was created by any other company other than Blizzard, it would have been slammed into the fucking ground and not even remembered at this point. It's literally impossible to get any kind of win streak going with this dumpster fire meta Blizzard created with this abomination of an "expansion" unless you are incredibly lucky and go up against opponents that don't have exact answers (of course that's why people say this game is nothing but rng or rock, paper, scissors) or aggro/face decks where you get a shit opening hand. You will run into some dip shit zoolock that just flat out wins by turn 4 followed by a face shaman. The ladder has never been worse than it is now (I have seriously seen 1 hunter, 1 warrior, and 1 druid in the last 20 or so matches), wild is a complete mess that will never be balanced (not even sure why Blizzard said it would be, pretty sure they were laughing when they said that) and arena is the same as it's always been. It's seriously at the point where seeing a damn hunter is a means to get excited.

The team running this game are grade A idiots and shouldn't be allowed to work in the games industry. They treat everyone with zero respect, ignore criticism constantly, wait a good year to finally do any card nerfs/changes which either do nothing or go overboard to the point it may as well not even exist, they have provided no meaningful modes over the years unless you want to count fucking tavern brawl, which already has a limitation on when you can play it and even that has been abandoned and there hasn't been a new one in a month. They will never actually do anything to fix this garbage state the game is in, since that would require real effort outside of putting the artist team to work on new card art and animations, and the game will just continue to get worse and worse.

This game is so undeserving of the money it makes it makes me physically ill to think about it. It was easy to give a pass during its first year or so, but now after this long, it's clear they don't give a shit. The profit the game makes sure as shit isn't going back into the game, as a mater of fact, i'd be willing to bet more money goes into the garbage cinematics for each expansion than the actual expansions themselves. This game desperately needs more modes. 2v2, 60 card deck matches, 4 way ffa, fucking anything.
You are consistently my favorite poster in this thread. <3

Control Warrior is tier 2, Nzoth Paladin is tier 1. Tempo Warrior is considered a bit better than CW at the moment.

And by "Aggro" people are also including Zoolock. Both Zoolock and Aggro Shaman are tier 1 at the moment. Midrange Shaman isn't technically aggro but it's a very aggressive deck that can finish games quick and is also around tier 1 strength.

Wow people think Zoo is an aggro deck? Doesn't trading on the board every turn sort of disqualify it? There's a pretty massive difference between even the most aggressive zoo variations and something like face hunter or face shaman (or even face warrior/paladin).

Dahbomb

Wow people think Zoo is an aggro deck? Doesn't trading on the board every turn sort of disqualify it? There's a pretty massive difference between even the most aggressive zoo variations and something like face hunter or face shaman (or even face warrior/paladin).
It's aggressive in the fact that it's aggressively filling up the board with cheap minions and is generally the aggressor in a match (putting up threats and asking the questions).

Aggro Paladin also puts down cheap minions and trades then starts to go face. Aggro doesn't mean all face all day, that's specifically a face deck. Face decks are like a sub class of aggro (also known as burn in other TCGs).

If Zoolock isn't aggro then what will you call it?

Even face hunter and face warrior sometimes trade. Zoo just happens to trade a little bit more often because it can replenish it's hand with hero power.

It is safe to call zoolock an aggressive board control deck. I think it's also a bit more aggressive now than it has been in past iterations since it has less removal options and methods to get board back once it is lost.

How do you add people from your last match? I clicked their username tried to add, but it's not working for me.

After the game, when you add them from their name, it sends a request to that player. If that player doesn't respond to the request, or just declines, they won't be added as a friend. Mostly, people won't accept your request because they assume you're just gonna trash talk them (like the guy in my above post did).

Top Bottom