• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Seems like a deck that could use some ragnaros love, perhaps instead of ironbark protector?

When fandral hits off cenarius, do the 2/2s you summon become 4/4s?

I think they said choose one goes off order of text so I'd imagine it buffs before summoning the 2/2s but you never know with these things til you try it.

Rag is probably a good idea. Originally I cut rag because I was so focused on taunts to ramp to in order to help with aggro, but adding joust has solved the aggro problem surprisingly well, so I think I will try rag again.

And Fandral does make Cenarius summon 4/4s. As far as Aviana innervate combos go, Fandral + Cenarius is kinda insane, which I have done once, but you're probably gonna win most games with Aviana + innervate combo anyway no matter which minions you combo with it.

Why am I only playing against priests as my N'zoth Paladin? Entomb is the worst.

Precisely why I refuse to play paladin atm, and for the most part since they added entomb in the game too. I probably sound like a priest hater, but I just really don't like losing to entomb, thoughtsteal luck, and cabal shadow priest. Entomb pushed the match up in favor of priest I think, although you can kinda win without dropping heavier minions, you gotta be pretty far ahead to do that.

Meanwhile everyone at rank 8-7 is Warrior

WTF man...

I can confirm this as a 9 trying to get to 8 I keep mirror matching as warrior. They're all running tempo warrior but my greedy warrior is reigning supreme. Lost to a smart priest that didn't entomb bait minions. Soul priest cleared my board then he dropped cthun the following turn. Good stuff

Every time I try to run Nzoth priest in the lower ranks I tilt.

clav

Why am I only playing against priests as my N'zoth Paladin? Entomb is the worst.

from personal experience yes, fuck priest.

You could always join the struggling team.

Play a Control Priest deck.

You guys make it sound like playing Priest is easy.

Fuck this, I'm just going back to my Yogg Mage.

Oh.

Alternatively, play some C'Thun decks as I think Priest struggles with those decks.

bjaelke

Omg, that hard counter.

So what stops ice block and fireball in tavern brawl? Is it only mill rogue and druid?
My arcane missile and mana wyrm just sat there while he ice blocked for 7 turns straight at 1 hp.
Power Word Glory + minion/Forbidding Shaping. Works unless they're running Ice Block + Ice Lance which can burst you from 30.

Copenap

Freeze Mage just did 32 damage from hand. Why am I even playing this game? And why the fuck is Emperor not nerved yet? Oh right, Blizzard just waits for the rotation to eventually fix their stupid card design, too bad by that time they will have come up with new stupid cards.

b76nMsn.jpg

Shifter mother fucking Zerus now i want to make a deck with this guy.

Omg, that hard counter.

So what stops ice block and fireball in tavern brawl? Is it only mill rogue and druid?
My arcane missile and mana wyrm just sat there while he ice blocked for 7 turns straight at 1 hp.

Armorsmith + whirlwind is hillarious. Let them think they are winning and then armor up for another 75+.

Alternatively, hunter with mechwarper + flare is suitably awesome to pull off.

Pooya

this n'zoth paladin mirror...

This is why I'm not playing control paladin, this takes even longer than control warrior mirror. It's been going on for forever lol.

Kettch

I'm actually having a lot of success with N'zoth Paladin against Priest. Granted, my situation is probably a little different since I'm playing in Wild and running a Reno version, but as long as you're determined to take the game to fatigue I feel that Paladin has a strong advantage.

Just make sure not to flood the board, and keep an equality combo for their N'zoth. Justicar helps a lot as well, once you get that down you just have constant pressure. I also like to hold my N'zoth as long as possible in any control match-up just in case they're running Elise. That's a hard counter that prevents them from ever being able to play the monkey or they insta-lose without a board clear.

Zoggy

that paladin mirror and the anyfin paladin mirror from the asia championships should be shown to anyone who complains about aggro decks and wanting to the game to slow down.

Owzers

Playing an Nzoth paladin where Tirion and Sylvanas are the last two cards in your deck and you die after drawing the 3rd from last....thanks Blizzard. I was doing fairly well against the renolock but I'm not winning this one when i have only a cairne to Nzoth.

Warxard

Banned
Managed to get Golden Monkey out on this priest who had Cthun to 22/22. Had Ysera up before hand and she gave me three Dream removals before the Priest decided to actually kill herx . Baited him out by Dreaming Cthun and throwing a bunch of dud Legendaries out because I knew he wouldn't heal.

Then Gorromash, Weapon, All Fac--

"You have bested me"

Ayyyy

Pooya

Tournament meta looking really good. What's noticable is that this time established players are winning instead of getting eliminated early on, with druid/secret paly/old zoo gone, there are no more auto pilot curve decks right now and you can just ban shaman if you think your line up is weak against it. Most players aren't used to playing long control games. Pretty good so far.

Top Bottom