• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

I was playing some c'thun renolock on casual mode....they had a 3/1 Tunnel trogg after killing my beckoner and coined out feral spirits. I top deck Spreading Madness with having no minions out there, clears their three. Awwww yeah, first time playing the card.
Get ready for it to go 9 to your face next time.

JesseZao

I started playing this today and one thing is bugging me, I'm playing on PC and Android and when I'm playing on Android whenever I move a card onto the board it brings up the tablet controls, can I disable this?

The different versions have only their respective controls.

Tarazet

Renounce Darkness is a riot! Running a Renounce Monkey deck with Sylvanas and Rag to ensure some late game security. It's not super good, but it's the most fun I think I've had with this game.

Evolved a Thing from Below and a Nerubian Prophet into two Confessor Paletress. Had 3 mana left, summoned a totem, got Aviana and someone else. Played C'Thun for 1 mana. RNG baby.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The different versions have only their respective controls.

I know, that's not what I'm asking. I want a way to stop the bottom controls popping up every time I swipe a card onto the board when playing on the tablet.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I wish I could help, but I don't know what you're referring to. Screenshot?

VoL748Ph.jpg

The top and bottom menu bars, they pop up every time I drag a card onto the board.

Is there a more mindless deck to play than freeze mage?
As long as you get the tiniest bit of luck the deck practically plays itself.
At the very least, the deck takes a lot of patience. I personally cannot stand its passivity.

The deck also has multiple hard counters, but no one ever runs them. :p I've actually wanted to make a Wailing Soul deck just to shut down Freeze Mage.

The top and bottom menu bars, they pop up every time I drag a card onto the board.
Ah! Probably a phone setting, if there is one. That's all I got, sorry!

fertygo

Australia is kinda part of europe - Kripp

Bwahahaha shit so random its hurt my stomach
I'm never mad when I lose to Miracle Rogue. The way the plays flow out is so magical.

I respect it a lot when these guy pull quick math within their turn, I can't imagine mastering that deck

Mulgrok

lost to a renounce warlock that got druid class with innervates, 6 large taunts, 2 keepers, and removal in the first cards... fml

Australia is kinda part of europe - Kripp

Bwahahaha shit so random its hurt my stomach

I respect it a lot when these guy pull quick math within their turn, I can't imagine mastering that deck

You can tell when people play it on the fly, too. They take long pauses mid-turn, end up with odd mana numbers left over, have already played Edwin as a 4/4 earlier in the game, etc.

Tarazet

lost to a renounce warlock that got druid class with innervates, 6 large taunts, 2 keepers, and removal in the first cards... fml

I was playing Renounce on ladder some today. No surprise that the good arena classes are the best ones to get.. Rogue, Paladin. It gets skewed super heavy towards WOG prints, though, which tends to weaken Mage when you get it because a lot of the new cards are worthless bullshit. I got stuck with Anomalus and two Shatters in my hand when I played Renounce on turn 2. But there are a lot of super Rogue cards that seem to fit any situation.

I got the Old Gods version of Mukla the other day, keep or dust?

33149.png

Keep. It's honestly not a bad card. You can always dust it later down the road so it's not like a decision you can lose by waiting.

I could see it being used in some kinda paladin deck that works off of small buffs. I'd have tried something but I don't have the legendary cards to fill it out.

Xanathus

All these shaman decks being played in the tourneys (Dreamhack and Spring prelims) are so unrefined and awful, they're trying to be both aggro and midrange but then the cards conflict with each other and play against each archetype's strength.

So which fucker is responsible for all these leeroy druids?

It's the obvious consequence of all the nerfs towards charge minions. If you're playing an aggro or tempo deck you MUST have some form of burst damage in order to win against control decks. If Arcane Golem wasn't nerfed then that would be played instead.

jgminto

Finally enjoying Rogue again with Miracle Leeroy, I think it's a more enjoyable win condition than the more spell based variant.

Edit: Speaking of, that was a great Miracle Rogue match against Zoo on stream. Such a satisfying comeback from the weak opening.

scarlet

Finally enjoying Rogue again with Miracle Leeroy, I think it's a more enjoyable win condition than the more spell based variant.

Edit: Speaking of, that was a great Miracle Rogue match against Zoo on stream. Such a satisfying comeback from the weak opening.

Yeah, I thought he was losing. Great comeback from Crane333

I don't think that's true. Where are these useless spells coming from? You can maybe get one overlapping secret like you suggested, but most people will just refrain from playing spells while Cho is on the board and then kill him. Meanwhile, you've locked yourself out of playing spells unless you want to harm your position. Lorewalker Cho is a pretty horrible card.

Useless for them. A mill rogue deck has a bunch of bounce spells that are less useful for most other decks. Vanish, Sap, and Shadowstep are very useful for mill but not so useful for most other decks (with the exception of using sap on the deathlord). Gang up is also not very useful in non-mill decks (ganging up the cold light works because cold light makes both players draw cards, meaning a mill player will get their other cards faster).

Assassinate obviously will be useful for opponent, but if they use it before killing the cho it gives the mill player back their assassinate, which is why it's best to have cho in play with a taunt minion.

You say that having cho makes the mill player less likely to play spells, but why would I hesitate to put cards like vanish, sap, Shadowstep, and gang up into the other player's hand when it helps reduce how many cards from their deck they get? It's a similar reason that before I replaced it with cho, I would have king mukla in my mill deck. I replaced the mukla with a cho when it occurred to me that the aforementioned spells would be less useful to the opponent than bananas.

For reference, this is currently my mill rogue deck:
- 2 backstabs
- 2 shadowsteps
- 2 youthful brewmasters
- 2 saps
- 2 gang ups
- nat, the darkfisher
- lorewalker cho
- 2 eviscerate
- 2 cold light oracles
- 2 dancing swords
- 2 deathlords
- brann bronzebeard
- 1 earthen ring farseer
- 2 refreshment vendors
- 2 antique healbots
- 2 assassinates
- 2 vanish

The earthen ring is just there because mill rogue needs whatever healing it can get (it used to be 2 farseers before I decided to replace 1 with mukla, which then got replaced with cho). Same reason for the two vendors.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Just won my first casual game (edit: and my second!) \o/, absolutely shit stomped a Hunter with my Shaman. It's nice to see the matchmaking puts bads vs bads at least, I was afraid I'd just be put against people with much more experience and better decks. I'm currently trying to get all decks to level 10 and so far I've done a few of them, currently working on Shaman which I'm liking the least for some reason, I just don't like the totems.

For all the new decks that have popped up it's a shame to still see shit like Freeze Mage and that cunt's card Reno creeping back in.

I also see C'Thun's novelty has worn off, barely see him played anymore.

JesseZao

For all the new decks that have popped up it's a shame to still see shit like Freeze Mage and that cunt's card Reno creeping back in.

The one note of C'Thun got tiresome. I stopped playing it after a week. I'll probably revisit it later, but there are plenty of fun decks to play still.

IceMarker

I think that more has to do with the fact that like all past newly formed metas, the aggro decks have a got a grip again and decks like C'thun's are too slow and deemed not competitive enough to keep you climbing. Hell I'm amazed I even made it to Rank 9 with N'zoth Priest. (Then again I teched the hell out of my deck against scum Shaman.)

Top Bottom