• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
C'thun Warrior is so bad at killing people. He had to residentsleeper the other guy to death even with a clear field.

Pooya

c'thun warrior is probably good, I think the lists still need refining but it's very decent still as it's just control warrior. I think they probably should replace doomcaller with elise or grommash, I don't think doomcaller is worth playing.

priest had 24% win rate in the tournament, shaman and warrior 57%. seemsgood.

Warrior is a very healthy class right now, nothing broken but just very strong overall with several possible decks to play. Looks like Death's bite loss wasn't that big of a deal except for patrons.

Dahbomb

Wait wait wait wait....

There were Priests at the tournament?

509a09_1ecbc155706544f0b0884dd247356753.png

Apathy

This game is really annoying sometimes.

your priest opponent is guaranteed to always have removal. you can never play a big minion, it's stupid.

They are fun to play as, but just behind shamans to play against.

I would prefer if they actually redid priests as a class to not revolve around stealing my opponents cards, that's dumb

I just beat a scumbag freeze mage with my c'thun druid deck. Loved it.

MVP = Feral rage with fandral staghelm. Also starfire.

Feral rage kept me out of range of his burn. Fandral made it into a card that could removal doomsayer and armor up for 8. Fandral also let my wrath be cycle on the doomsayer, put pressure with druid of the claw without worrying about flamestrike, turned living roots into a token generator with face damage (although this was the smallest benefit of just doing 2 damage), and cenarius made my board super resilient.

Starfire let me cycle to a second feral rage, plus keep up the pressure. After he started tossing fireballs at my face, I was at 20hp-ish, and then back to near full hp because of a second feral rage. Then my second starfire let me bypass his ice armor, although I had ragnaros lethal in hand as well.

.eJwNzMENwyAMAMBd-AdsKIFkgv47AELEgkgJIHBfVXdvb4D7iPe4xC4Kc5-7Usc5UxuHnNxGzCRza_mi2M8pU7tVZI6p3FR5KlwRrXsAgEXrYdNeoTfO4ma9B2O81s6oJ8XB5d9VCq80iOosjQPYReOCa9AoNUgDstcsvj81zSyT.PZ_tPIulLQfX9Md_GnCLDh2B2Zo.png

decklist

(note about decklist: It's still pretty early in iteration, 3-1 in casual play, 1 loss to shaman due to a mistake I made playing the list. I cut wild growth because I hate running out of cards really early due to ramping up that way and aspirant seems like in a bad spot and I am already running a 2/3, plus more 3 drops than normal and plenty of removal. Also, I'll probably cut faceless shambler and maybe nourish as well to get that 4/5 cthun card in.)

Yea, playing rogue myself and the highs are very high and the lows are very low. Lack of a consistent board clear is annoying. Am I seriously about to run blade fury?

Yea, playing rogue myself and the highs are very high and the lows are very low. Lack of a consistent board clear is annoying. Am I seriously about to run blade fury?

You can try it. Even without oil blade flurry is significantly weaker, let alone that 4 mana cost...

You're better off trying to fight for board early or using removal so that AOEs aren't important. FOK still deals with weenie boards well.

It's good, i like it, but I never see it played ever

I think most miracle lists are running it atm (at least as a tech choice), so it's kinda weird if you're not seeing it at all. One thing that is a bit of a pain about it though is that a lot of the shaman cards have 3 hp. But it does clear out a lot of boards if you set it up right.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Anyone have a list of Frostee's Paladin deck he was just playing?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
what kind of deck was it?
It had a bunch of smaller drops, like Worgen and Argent Squire. Seemed pretty quick, unlike this Shields Up deck in the default list.

Before it was mind control. Now it's entomb. You win the match up by never playing tirion until it's your last card (and forced to play it or already double entomb is played). Or you play it hoping they don't have an answer.

But really, now that I've thought about it, I used to play control paladin all the time and had a high winrate against priest because I just held onto tirion. My end game was also slower than n'zoth so I dunno about all the whining.
laugh.gif
This was back in naxxramas times btw. No QM stampede, minibot, or muster.

Matches are almost always decided by who controls board at the end and paladin happens to have the favorable board clears and favorable hero power. As long as you're not hugely far ahead in draws...

edit:
Also, before you call me crazy, I got my gold paladin portrait playing control paladin naxx->gvg (let that time sink in for a second). I even hit legend in gvg with my own list. So am I crazy? Yeah, but I feel pretty knowledgeable about paladin even though I've not played the n'zoth list much.

Apathy

I'm nearing some bullshit levels of RNG, 6 games without seeing sylvanas, each one going way past turn 10

7 games, 0 sylvanas, not even in the opening hand for me to mulligan. This is astronomical

Wow, this really bad freeze mage thought he could actually win after I armored up to 40 hp as a druid. Feral rage > freeze mage. The guy already spent both ice lances too. Wasted one of them, I might add. And had to fireball my ragnaros.

squidyj

nice, beat my most hated decks back to back to get rank 3, feelsgoodman.
and by hated i just mean the matchups were to my mind not great for my deck.

Apathy

All match, this mage using wow going "that's incredible" or mistake "that was folly", non stop, i never replied back to him at all, just kept playing the game.

Dude for some reason played a majordomo, don't ask me why.

kill it, killed rag with a 3/3, I use my wow emote, then add him after the game, he accepts and I just reply with "that's incredible".

God I love stupid shits like that

clav

Decided to build a somewhat cheap Paladin deck using all the annoying stuff I'm seeing. Taking a break from Priest for now.

Not great. Probably loses to total Control decks. Somewhat greedy.

Think it works OK. Probably needs another Doomsayer. I don't have a huge collection.

I think I can substitute Solemn Vigil for Harrison or Ooze, but I like the pacing of this deck for now.

Can also replace Grand Crusader with Justicar. Good if you can combo Brann for more cards. Helps for the late game if you need to turn all your cards into legendaries.

Play as slow as possible. If you can't play anything, just make silver hand 1/1s.

If you lose board, clear it or reduce damage taken.

GAX8pLr.png

Decided to build a somewhat cheap Paladin deck using all the annoying stuff I'm seeing. Taking a break from Priest for now.

Not great. Somewhat greedy.

Think it works OK. Probably needs another Doomsayer. I don't have a huge collection.

I think I can substitute Solemn Vigil for Harrison or Ooze, but I like the pacing of this deck for now.

Can also replace Grand Crusader. Good if you can combo Brann for more cards. Helps for the late game if you need to turn all your cards into legendaries.

Play as slow as possible. If you can't play anything, just make silver hand 1/1s.

If you lose board, clear it or reduce damage taken.

GAX8pLr.png

what's the blood knight for? you dont have any divine shield minions

clav

Argent Squire. Argent Horserider. C'Thun's Chosen. Tirion.

Shields up decks.

Like I said, somewhat greedy. Deck plays reactive to the board. That kinda sounds like Priest, huh?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
All match, this mage using wow going "that's incredible" or mistake "that was folly", non stop, i never replied back to him at all, just kept playing the game.
The removal of the "Sorry" emote seemed like it really spurred on a new wave of emote spam. I really can't stand it.

Top Bottom