• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

I hate how whenever you play casual in this game to do some quick dailies with your weaker collections of certain classes that douchebags play the same shit thats in meta.

Go play freaking ranked.

CoolOff

So, who's good at math here? Give me the percentages for not seeing one of my two copies of Renounce Darkness in the first half of my deck.

When I switched to Tempo Warrior I lost the first 7-8 games, but now I just reached rank 9 which is a personal record. The toughest is shaman aggro and the turn 8 hunter. Against shaman I keep executes and try to stop their early game. Against hunter I try to have a way to deal with turn 8 in my hand, brawl or ww+execute plus FWA, or something like that.

Careful.

Pirate murloc yogg hunter can win games in the last week of the month. The trap is always thinking a deck is a lot better than it is.

giapel

So, who's good at math here? Give me the percentages for not seeing one of my two copies of Renounce Darkness in the first half of my deck.

With a quick calculation, it's about 20% if you go first and mulligan hard for them. I might be wrong though

Ladekabel

Four times today Flame Juggeler had a 50/50 to either hit minion or face. Four times it would be better for me if it hit the minion. Four times it went face.

Loomba

Four times today Flame Juggeler had a 50/50 to either hit minion or face. Four times it would be better for me if it hit the minion. Four times it went face.

Flame jugglers hate me, seriously. I have taken one out and put in a ravishing ghoul in it's place for some certainty.

Rag loves me though, almost always hits where I want it to.

Rosenskjold

Two priest games in a row.

First game:
- Topdecks MC when I have grommash out
- Tirion from forbidden shaping
- Grommash from Thoughtsteal

Second game:
- Topdecks Harrison Jones after I play Malkorok and get Assasin's blade
--> Which gives him shadow word death that reduces the board threat

- Plays Wild Pyromancer, Power Word Shield and Forbidden shaping in a desperate attempt to regain some board presence, I have 4 minions with 3 hp on board ready to lethal.
--> Forbidden shaping spawns Wild Pyromancer that does that final 1 hp needed to clean my board.

Is priest just built entirely around luck or what?

cHinzo

PLlr4gE.jpg

Thanks Yogg, we are christmas Hunter now.

First game:

Second game:

- Plays Wild Pyromancer, Power Word Shield and Forbidden shaping in a desperate attempt to regain some board presence, I have 4 minions with 3 hp on board ready to lethal.
--> Forbidden shaping spawns Wild Pyromancer that does that final 1 hp needed to clean my board.

Sort of. Control Priest builds in answers to everything you could think of. Then it has to hope it draws them at the right time.

Get to a decent rank using scum Shaman -> high enough to switch to actually fun and interesting decks -> go on a losing streak -> switch right back to boring as fuck Shaman.

Fuck this game every day I play it, someone help me stop please.

Play Yogg and Load. Hunter with 28 spells, 2 of which being lock and load, and the other two being Kings Elek and Yogg Saron for a nearly guaranteed Yogg draw.

After falling way down from 5 with N'Zoth Rogue, converted that deck to wild, I have climbed back up with Yogg and Load. Many times I am winning before Yogg is played, and usually I still have 10 or so cards left in my deck when I do end up playing it so I don't even die of fatigue like some greedy Yogg users. Also Call of the Wild is insane, and lock and load and infesting your minions can grant you another call of the wild.

It's an extremely fun deck to play, and dare I say competitive for the time being.

Tarazet

First game:

Second game:

Priest is built around fuck you Garrosh, all of your shiny things are mine now.

bunbun777

Ohwow just realized my war deck has no 5 drops, never really have noticed since I'm always doing some sort of card draw shenanigans. Don't be afraid to icor your own acolyte. Malkorak has only lost me one game with cursed blade. Varian seems pretty good he almost always pulls out a kokran elite it seems. I call my deck DancingMasta, you wrestle at first them usually just overtake.

yarden24

So I've been playing Hearthstone again and in the last week I opened like 10 packs from arena runs and such.

A week ago I get a Golden Death wing Dragon lord, awesome!
3 days ago I open a deck, get a normal Death wing Dragon lord, im like ok, maybe Ill dust one of them and its alright.
Today I open another deck,and what do I get? Death wing Dragon lord...

clav

So I've been playing Hearthstone again and in the last week I opened like 10 packs from arena runs and such.

A week ago I get a Golden Death wing Dragon lord, awesome!
3 days ago I open a deck, get a normal Death wing Dragon lord, im like ok, maybe Ill dust one of them and its alright.
Today I open another deck,and what do I get? Death wing Dragon lord...

The dragons shall kneel before me. aaahhh ahhhhh dunna duna dun

Tarazet

A lot of the most popular (meta snapshot) decks don't run Harrison.

Meta snapshot decks are notoriously blind to the actual meta. With Rogue, Shaman, Warrior, Paladin and Renolock all having good representation, Harrison has never been this useful before. Plus the old Dr. 5, Loatheb is out.

Levi

Banned
How many times has the new Warrior legendary given you Doomhammer? Just curious.

4 times in about ~120 games.

Yesterday I got Poisoned Blade (the rogue weapon where hero-powering increases attack power by 1) 3 times in a row. It's pretty bad because it's a 1/3 and by the time you hero power enough to make it a decent weapon, you've probably drawn a better one.

One of those games if I had gotten a 4-attack or better weapon I would have had lethal that turn, and over the next two turns my opponent gained 22 armor (damn C'thun Warriors) and ended up winning.

Sucks, but Malkorok generally is very good. The times I've gotten a clutch Gorehowl, Arcanite, or Truesilver to either get lethal or flip the board definitely make it worth the variance.

bjaelke

Meta snapshot decks are notoriously blind to the actual meta. With Rogue, Shaman, Warrior, Paladin and Renolock all having good representation, Harrison has never been this useful before. Plus the old Dr. 5, Loatheb is out.

Ooze is often a better decision

4 times in about ~120 games.

Yesterday I got Poisoned Blade (the rogue weapon where hero-powering increases attack power by 1) 3 times in a row. It's pretty bad because it's a 1/3 and by the time you hero power enough to make it a decent weapon, you've probably drawn a better one.

One of those games if I had gotten a 4-attack or better weapon I would have had lethal that turn, and over the next two turns my opponent gained 22 armor (damn C'thun Warriors) and ended up winning.

Sucks, but Malkorok generally is very good. The times I've gotten a clutch Gorehowl, Arcanite, or Truesilver to either get lethal or flip the board definitely make it worth the variance.
I wish I could make a viable Poisoned Blade deck. Thanks for the info. :)

How come no one ever comments on poster's work in progress decks?
I see them get a lot of comments, but maybe people just don't have anything to say?

Levi

Banned
How come no one ever comments on poster's work in progress decks?

I commented while spectating! I've found it a mixed blessing that my recent decks I've posted haven't gotten any feedback--the one time I posted a deck that did get feedback, it was two pages of a couple of people shitting all over me because the beast druid list I created ran combo and therefore wasn't really a beast druid.

Tacitus_

Fuck Nzoth priests up their ass.

This guy played FOUR CAIRNES, one of which was mine and got Tirion out of shaping, stole my tirion, stole my elise legendaries, stole fucking everything.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Jeff Leach is gonna stream HS with Reynad tonight

Jeff Leach ‏@jeffleach 31m31 minutes ago
Ok Leachers, so @totalwar Warhammer first then #StickOfTruth and finally tonight some @PlayHearthstone bromance with @TempoReynad! Big day!
Source

AWWW YISSS!

Tacitus_

:priests:

xJay8ml.png

AND HE MANAGED TO LOSE BECAUSE HE WAS A SHIT PLAYER

Aviana -> Anub is a really shit play when your opponent has a sylvanas on the board :lol

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Meta Snapshot regularly avoids tech cards.

What?

The meta snapshot decks are FULL of tech choices (often very questionable ones). I very often wonder why and how Tempostorm comes up with these decks that everyone takes as gospel and runs to the ladder with. Perhaps the last few have gotten less bad, but the last time I looked their decks were full of weird choices with little or no explanation as to why.

Doesn't mean it's indicative of what people actually run.

This part is 1000% true. Just because tempostorm says so, doesn't mean that's what people play. It is a base and most good players will iterate on that in a useful way to fit the types of decks they are facing.

bjaelke

Meta Snapshot regularly avoids tech cards. Doesn't mean it's indicative of what people actually run.
Only 5 of the 32 decks played by the top 8 players at the preliminaries ran Harrison:

DeerJason's Tempo Warrior
Napolean's Midrange Shaman
Napolean's Midrange Hunter
Duane's N'Zoth Druid
Bradfordlee's Tempo Warrior

A good card yes, but not a necessity.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Only 5 of the 32 decks played by the top 8 players at the preliminaries ran Harrison:
Because tournament play has a wider range of classes that people are forced to play. Harrison isn't autoinclude but it's one of the strongest cards in the game right now.

that and people are banning shaman. W/ midrange only running one doomhammer and warrior w/ one gorehowl, you can really mess up their game plan. Obviously you don't want to burn cards, but burning 1 or 2 isnt bad for the advantage

Top Bottom