• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Cool, another game lost to Yogg-Saron. Warrior has 3 cards in hand and nothing on board. Yogg proceeds to fill his hand, fill his board, clear my board and Pyroblast me in the face.

Seriously, it's such a stupid fucking card.

inky

Got my first golden Legendary from the brawl pack...

hearthstonescreenshot0sb46.png

H7bIKlW.png

embalm

Zoo has been my main deck for half of my time playing the game. No, i didn't read your links - I didn't ask for them, so I don't feel obligated to read them. I've read plenty of Zoo guides in the past while I was learning the game.

Zoo CAN'T trade the entire game anymore. That's my point. The minions just aren't strong enough now. You lose too much steam and have to spend more time tapping, which is dangerous in a lot of matchups. There has to be a point where you push face and let the board alone a bit. There's a reason the deck has fallen on the tier list, and will probably continue to fall.

When I play against Zoo, there are only 4-5 minions I am worried about. I find this to be one of the decks I am happy to play against at an equal curve.
You started several months ago, so perhaps it's time to revisit a few of those guides since Standard zoo plays very differently than the one you started with. You can continue to play the deck however you wish, but you shouldn't tell people how to play the deck incorrectly.

When the players who have refined the deck and written guides on how the deck is best played disagree with how you are playing the deck you should probably take their opinions into consideration.

You started several months ago, so perhaps it's time to revisit a few of those guides since Standard zoo plays very differently than the one you started with. You can continue to play the deck however you wish, but you shouldn't tell people how to play the deck incorrectly.

When the players who have refined the deck and written guides on how the deck is best played disagree with how you are playing the deck you should probably take their opinions into consideration.
I don't play Zoo anymore. I think it's a mediocre deck in this meta, and it's also incredibly boring and easy. There's nothing fun or interesting in it. Playing against Zoo now, my experience is that Zoo players that continually play for tempo get worn down, and at some point they have to abandon the board and go face. Those are the Zoo players I lose to.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
yea but they lose stealth if you attack w/ them. Taunt minions don't work on the turn they're played

That's kind of what I figured. Dahbomb said something about a Rag finisher and I was wondering of he meant Rag didn't break stealth and there was an odd ruleset here.

With that ruleset, just seems like zoo or aggro mage rules the day for this Brawl.

Yea I was spectating him. The rag didn't lose stealth, but the stealth only lasts one turn. We both thought miracle in the beginning due to gadgetzan but I was like that's too slow and just did aggro shaman w/ zaps since they can't do much against a 7/7 that'll for sure hit them in the face next turn. Secret paladin is also super good as well. Minions summoned from spells like feral or uth dont get stealth

Cipherr

Love finding out after playing it that Flare doesn't unstealth minions shrouded by this fucking brawl. Fantastic design.

No hints at that or anything, A car just randomly doesn't do what its supposed to. They should really look into telegraphing this bullshit. Theres no way I could know that in advance, and I lose a game because of it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Love finding out after playing it that Flare doesn't unstealth minions shrouded by this fucking brawl. Fantastic design.

No hints at that or anything, A car just randomly doesn't do what its supposed to. They should really look into telegraphing this bullshit. Theres no way I could know that in advance, and I lose a game because of it.

Wow. That's lame.

That sucks but it's a brawl, there's no need to get worked up over it.

wiibomb

damn... this brawl confuses me..

in a meta level, I mean. Would the normal decks for stardard play work good with this? which are the best cards to play this brawl?

.. .. ..I'm clearly confused.....

Just realized when you play Argent Horserider he says "Don't worry loves, the cavalry's here"

I should be playing Overwatch

I noticed that since the first time I saw the card played. isn't that a nod to overwtach?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
There are two competing deck types in the brawl from what I have seen:
Insane Aggro decks with Windfury or other overpowered minions that are usually killed the turn they drop

OR

Control decks running invincible doomsayers, Freezes, board clears and what not.

The aggro decks have no shot if the control decks draw one of the invincible clears (Doomsayer mostly). Otherwise it seems the control decks have a tough time fighting crazy powerful shaman minions with windfury and huge attack.

Ladekabel

Did a Tempo Mage for this brawl because whatever. Up against hunter. Turn 1 he does nothing. I coin out Mad Scientist. Turn 2 he plays Elekk and loses the joust. Turn 2 I play Mana Wyrm and Arcane Missiles. They miss the Elekk but he concedes anyway.

Fastest I ever got a pack in brawl. Don't think I'll bother with it anymore.

Heropon

Used Tempo Mage in this Brawl because it feels good being in the dark side for once. Finished with the typica Freeze Mage finisher of Fireball, Fireball, Frostbolt, JARAXXUS PUNCH.

Not even 40 dust this time in the pack because the rare was Headcrack and I didn't have it yet, ehhhh.

Tarazet

There are two competing deck types in the brawl from what I have seen:
Insane Aggro decks with Windfury or other overpowered minions that are usually killed the turn they drop

OR

Control decks running invincible doomsayers, Freezes, board clears and what not.

The aggro decks have no shot if the control decks draw one of the invincible clears (Doomsayer mostly). Otherwise it seems the control decks have a tough time fighting crazy powerful shaman minions with windfury and huge attack.

Freeze Mage works the nuts, Demented Frostcaller does all kinds of work. However, the mirror blows.

I noticed that since the first time I saw the card played. isn't that a nod to overwtach?

It probably is but I could of sworn, "Don't worry, the calvary's here!" or a phrase like it is from something else.

Could be wrong though, I can't place it and searching isn't turning up anything.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Anyone here have insight or tips on how to beat Hunter as Tempo Warrior? Can't really find ways to deal with them, particularly Call of the Wild.

fertygo

My opponent hunter concede after his camel drop my mana wyrm, ez brawl

and finally got Doomguard from pack after 7 frigging month playing, fuck you blizz

Top Bottom