• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Someone finally used secret eater on me (wild, I'm playing secret pally).

I still won.

Good game fam

happens all the time and it's never particularly good, even right after a Mysterious Challenger.

Secret paladin is dumb, especially with Secret Keeper + a bunch of secrets in the starting hand. By the time they can get rid of the 6/6 or more the game might as well be over.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Final stats this month (rank 5): 32-6 with secret pally, wild

I mean, statistically it's getting harder, and thus longer, each month... but we're talking like 20 additional minutes.

Rosenskjold

The climb continues! Gonna push hard tomorrow and see if I can get to rank 5 before season end. Rank 5 and handing in written exam paper on the same day, that would be the dream <3 !!

6qajAwy.jpg

Final stats this month (rank 5): 32-6 with secret pally, wild

I mean, statistically it's getting harder, and thus longer, each month... but we're talking like 20 additional minutes.
Maybe I should put some dust to good use for once.

The climb continues! Gonna push hard tomorrow and see if I can get to rank 5 before season end. Rank 5 and handing in written exam paper on the same day, that would be the dream <3 !!

6qajAwy.jpg
I know that feeling:
"Ugh, I have a paper due today, and I want to get started on it, but Hearthstone's taking so long."

Rosenskjold

I know that feeling:
"Ugh, I have a paper due today, and I want to get started on it, but Hearthstone's taking so long."

So true! Luckily I've been working on this paper all month and have the whole day tomorrow to read it through and make final changes. I think I'm 3 victories in a row from rank 5. So tense!!!

So true! Luckily I've been working on this paper all month and have the whole day tomorrow to read it through and make final changes. I think I'm 3 victories in a row from rank 5. So tense!!!
Don't be discouraged if you lose one of those and your streak. Remember that it's all about your win RATIO, and if you're winning more than losing, you'll get there. If you find yourself making poor decisions due to excitement or anxiety, take a break.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I really not convinced you only run one 4 drop in midrange shaman even if that 4 drop broken as fuck

I can't imagine a world where I'd run a single Flamewreathed Faceless and two Thunderbluff Valients.

For that matter, I don't understand why you'd run two Thunderbluff Valients and not run Fire Elemental.

Maybe TempoStorm is intentionally trying to weaken the deck on ladder because they're sick of it.

Levi

Banned
Maybe TempoStorm is intentionally trying to weaken the deck on ladder because they're sick of it.

TempoStorm rarely has the best, most optimized versions of the decklists on their site. So many weird tech choices and head-scratching omissions. I don't know if it's malice or if they think they know better than everyone else, but I wouldn't ever use one of their lists verbatim.

Dahbomb

I told you guys the actual Tempostorm deck lists should be taken with a grain of salt. They probably pick out the most "unique" variation of the list.

Tarazet

TempoStorm rarely has the best, most optimized versions of the decklists on their site. So many weird tech choices and head-scratching omissions. I don't know if it's malice or if they think they know better than everyone else, but I wouldn't ever use one of their lists verbatim.

Reynad usually just parrots what some streamer did in a tournament. Tournament decks aren't great on ladder. On sites like Hearthpwn, at least you can find people who've actually used the deck to rank up. Tempostorm is great for real competitive play, but on ladder there's a lot of individual reaction and adjustment to what people are seeing.

I can't imagine a world where I'd run a single Flamewreathed Faceless and two Thunderbluff Valients.

For that matter, I don't understand why you'd run two Thunderbluff Valients and not run Fire Elemental.

IIRC, the first guy to hit legendary with midrange Shaman used Thunderbluff Valients, so they're probably taking a note from his deck. I agree on the Faceless point, though.

I can see running one Thunderbluff Valient. It's the kind of card where you push out damage because your opponent is top-decking.

Owzers

trying to do a paladin quest with n'zoth, nothing but loses to shaman. Ugh this game, it's what i get or thinking i should play something other than Overwatch.

Rosenskjold

Don't be discouraged if you lose one of those and your streak. Remember that it's all about your win RATIO, and if you're winning more than losing, you'll get there. If you find yourself making poor decisions due to excitement or anxiety, take a break.

No need for that, took it in one long 5-win streak!!! And the last game was a shaman I tore to shreds!!

xOgk9Mq.jpg

I might be freaking out a little bit while my wife is trying to figure out why I'm so excited

trying to do a paladin quest with n'zoth, nothing but loses to shaman. Ugh this game, it's what i get or thinking i should play something other than Overwatch.
I doubt Blizzard cares which game you give them money for. :)

No need for that, took it in one long 5-win streak!!! And the last game was a shaman I tore to shreds!!

I might be freaking out a little bit while my wife is trying to figure out why I'm so excited
I know that feeling. "Wife, I got S-Rank in Duelyst!"

Wife: "That's nice hun."

Tacitus_

IIRC, the first guy to hit legendary with midrange Shaman used Thunderbluff Valients, so they're probably taking a note from his deck. I agree on the Faceless point, though.

I can see running one Thunderbluff Valient. It's the kind of card where you push out damage because your opponent is top-decking.

Yeah, that list is 2-3 weeks old. And 2 Valiants is nice. I just went all in earlier today and had a 12/2 healing stream totem. Value!

Man, was kicking ass with Mage in arena, first time ever getting to 10-0. Could I live the dream??? Nope, got deeestroyed three straight. Good pack though.

And a golden Fist of Jaraxxus to go along with it from rewards. Won't have time for rank 5 this month (BLOOD AND WINEEEEEE) so this will do.

Levi

Banned
I'm so sick of reading posts from secret paladins and midrange Shamans about how much they're winning.

No shit you're winning. It's implied that you're gonna win when you pick those decks. It'd be more post-worthy if you were somehow losing.

Speaking of losing, after starting 3-1 today to get back to rank 8 I went 1-16 and dropped a bunch of ranks. That's what I get for playing Druid, I guess. (And not bullshit C'thun Druid, either).

I'm so sick of reading posts from secret paladins and midrange Shamans about how much they're winning.

We fucking get it. A goddamn chimp could win with those decks. Who gives a shit.

I'm doing my part to give the brainless masses free wins today. After a 3-1 start I went 1-16 and dropped three ranks. That's what I get for playing Token Druid instead of overpowered garbage copied from Hearthpwn.
Why are you using "we"?

I think you have most posts whining about Shaman than all other posters talking about their success combined.

clav

No shit you're winning. It's implied that you're gonna win when you pick those decks. It'd be more post-worthy if you were somehow losing.

Speaking of losing, after starting 3-1 today to get back to rank 8 I went 1-16 and dropped a bunch of ranks. That's what I get for playing Druid, I guess. (And not bullshit C'thun Druid, either).

Chill. They're only a few drive by posters.

You can always use the ignore feature.

Levi

Banned
I'm putting everyone who plays Shaman or Secret Paladin on my ignore list from now on. Much better for my blood pressure not to read about how easy it is to get to rank 5 when it's a goal completely out of my reach.

I can't wait until I get my next golden hero and I can stop playing ranked mode entirely. I'll miss out on the golden cards Blizzard has decided that people who play OP decks can have for free, but fuck it. I'm not having fun in ranked. It's arena and casual from now on.

You can always use the ignore feature.

Way ahead of you, lol.

squidyj

I'm putting everyone who plays Shaman or Secret Paladin on my ignore list from now on. Much better for my blood pressure not to read about how easy it is to get to rank 5 when it's a goal completely out of my reach.

I can't wait until I get my next golden hero and I can stop playing ranked mode entirely. I'll miss out on the golden cards Blizzard has decided that people who play OP decks can have for free, but fuck it. I'm not having fun in ranked. It's arena and casual from now on.

Way ahead of you, lol.

rank 5 isn't out of your reach because you're not playing shaman.

Hero

Haven't played the game in forever but decided to come back to try out the new cards.

Was very sad about standard but as a Magic player I understand the need to do that.

Made a C'thun deck after opening the packs I had available. Not doing too bad.

What's this midrange shaman deck you guys are talking about that's good?

fertygo

So what the most replaceable legendary in Tempo Warrior? its must've Cairne right.

I can imagine you can actually play Boulderfist instead

KuroNeeko

I jumped on that Midrange Shaman bandwagon yesterday and lost 6 times on a row. Felt like the worst deck ever. (It's probably not.)

Went back to my sweet, sweet Priest and won the next match...

I think I've been playing Priest too long. (Rank 10 for lyfe)

Gvitor

Hey guys, I wonder if anyone here can help me. I installed Hearthstone in my notebook and it's lagging like crazy. I searched the internet, found people complaining it was the latest update and recommended deleting some files, others said it was the Windows 10 and recommended putting the .exe in the exclusion list for Windows Defender (which I don't use).

Nothing I tried worked, so I wonder if any of you had the same issues and can shed some light on how to resolve it. I'm about to uninstall it out of anger. Thanks!

Dahbomb

If the mysterious challenger and malkorok got into a fight who would win?
5 Secrets and a 6/6 vs one weapon and a 6/5?

That hardly seems fair.

Oh and scumbag easy game/easy life rank 5 Midrange Shaman reporting in here. Got to rank 5 with Midrange Shaman (the gawd) in less than 4 hours today.

Levi am cry.

Top Bottom