• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

jgminto

13hkibb.jpg
Yessssss, finally opened another Legendary since Yogg in my initial set of packs. What's a good Fandral Druid list? I wonder if he's better in Ramp or Aggro focused Druid?

Yessssss, finally opened another Legendary since Yogg in my initial set of packs. What's a good Fandral Druid list? I wonder if he's better in Ramp or Aggro focused Druid?

Midrange or ramp. It's a fun card. Probably good in a good druid decklist. I crafted him because the text is quite unique and fun. Even just getting a wrath shot makes it hit for 4 and draws a card. It's like spellpower+ in that respect. And I've gotten it stick around a few turns before, getting DOTC 4/6 taunt charger, and cenarius summoning 2/2s and then buffing everything by 2/2. It's pretty sweet.

jgminto

Midrange or ramp. It's a fun card. Probably good in a good druid decklist. I crafted him because the text is quite unique and fun. Even just getting a wrath shot makes it hit for 4 and draws a card. It's like spellpower+ in that respect. And I've gotten it stick around a few turns before, getting DOTC 4/6 taunt charger, and cenarius summoning 2/2s and then buffing everything by 2/2. It's pretty sweet.
I've wanted a reason to play Cenarius ever since I opened him last year, I wish he'd see a slight buff to be in line with the majority of the Classic set class Legendaries.
Fandral and Yogg? Then play J4ckiechan's Token Druid.
That's quite a list, didn't think I'd see somebody running Wisps of the Old Gods.

Sande

Thistle tea into North Sea Kraken in arena

Earlier I almost dealt with a Deathwing when I got Infested Tauren from Thistle Tea.

I really like Thistle Tea on paper but it doesn't fit the (hyper) tempo driven nature of Rogue all that well.

Mulgrok

Decided to try scumbag c'thun priest. Totally wrecked a c'thun warrior. Healed to 100% the turn before he played c'thun, and then stole his c'thun.

Fatigue paladin is so annoying. I know they like to call themselves n'zoth, but the games go into fatigue against me no matter what deck I am playing.

Lyng

nothing is more frustrating than having the perfect deck against aggro and ALL your removal spells are on the bottom of your deck 3 matches in a row.
Nothing feels worse then loosing to braindead aggro, and yes aggro in Hearthstone is just vomiting your deck.

fertygo

Aggro is alĺ the same in other games.. I play duelyst for few days now and oh wow aggro class is so damn good

You think 7/7 is bad what if yoù can made it immune to attack

Òr hero with hero power that equivalent tò concestrate

Malice215

I've wanted a reason to play Cenarius ever since I opened him last year, I wish he'd see a slight buff to be in line with the majority of the Classic set class Legendaries.

That's quite a list, didn't think I'd see somebody running Wisps of the Old Gods.

I didn't think I'd see someone run it either until I got destroyed by a discounted Fandral + Wisps combo with no answer for it. Going to give this a try once the season restarts.

Tarazet

Leeroy is basically a fireball in most decks. It's PO and Cold Blood that make him do crazy things.

I play a fair bit of both Warlock and Rogue, don't have Leeroy. I had him at one point when he was 4 mana, but even then he never won a game that I was going to lose. He was usually just a flashy way to BM. I got my dust back when he was nerfed. For that matter, despite both Leeroy and Gormok being in the top versions of Zoo, I can count on one hand the number of times they were played against me in hundreds of games.

Lyng

Aggro is alĺ the same in other games.. I play duelyst for few days now and oh wow aggro class is so damn good

You think 7/7 is bad what if yoù can made it immune to attack

Òr hero with hero power that equivalent tò concestrate

Its quiet different in MTG and Ashes though

Tried to play N'zoth priest today, first opponents were classic handlock, C'thun rogue with beneath the ground and freeze mage. I have never seen c'thun rogue and handlock in standard before and freeze mage is extremely rare, such bullshit.

frequency

I made a terrible C'thun Reno Priest with Brann. It's so bad but maybe the most fun I've had with the game. Brann is really fun with Darkshire Alchemist (+Auchenai Soulpriest), Twilight Darkmender, C'thun.

I love conceding with Auchenai Soulpriest+Reno. I laugh way more than I probably should at that but I can only imagine what my opponent thinks when they see it.

Tarazet

I made a terrible C'thun Reno Priest with Brann. It's so bad but maybe the most fun I've had with the game. Brann is really fun with Darkshire Alchemist (+Auchenai Soulpriest), Twilight Darkmender, C'thun.

I love conceding with Auchenai Soulpriest+Reno. I laugh way more than I probably should at that but I can only imagine what my opponent thinks when they see it.

Only Yogg gets the ultimate combo, though, I actually had this happen to me: Embrace the Shadow + Tree of Life. Had it happen in a tavern brawl (ToL is GvG so it won't happen in Standard).

frequency

I really want Yogg for the possible hiliarity. I haven't had luck with packs though. I could craft it I guess but I keep feeling like I should save my dust to craft a more "serious" deck some day when/if I start to care about playing "seriously".

Think I'm going to give up on rank 5, I've played for more than an hour and made exactly -1 star progress.

I've slotted a singleton forbidden healing and rag lightlord since I've been struggling with getting raced at times. Played against a hunter who CtW'd me down to 5, I played Rag and traded in my whole board so it'd guarantee to heal me and he actually had 9 (11 with a beast) direct damage in hand. Feels good to be rewarded.

Rosenskjold

Spent the whole day trying to get from rank 5 and higher, ended up going back and forth in rank 6. Guess it wasn't meant to be this season, next season I'll reach the impossible goal: legend.

Levi

Banned
One win from rank 7 I face my toughest opponent--random disconnect. Then a face hunter and two bloodlust Shamans put me further away than when I started this morning.

At this point it's just funny. I've lost the game where I would rank up to 7 six times this weekend.

Danj

Think I'm going to give up on rank 5, I've played for more than an hour and made exactly -1 star progress.

I've slotted a singleton forbidden healing and rag lightlord since I've been struggling with getting raced at times. Played against a hunter who CtW'd me down to 5, I played Rag and traded in my whole board so it'd guarantee to heal me and he actually had 9 (11 with a beast) direct damage in hand. Feels good to be rewarded.

Spent the whole day trying to get from rank 5 and higher, ended up going back and forth in rank 6. Guess it wasn't meant to be this season, next season I'll reach the impossible goal: legend.

You should consider yourselves lucky that you can even get that high. Even using the latest top tier optimised TempoStorm meta snapshot deck I have only gotten as far as 12/11 (I keep pinging between the two).

I take it back, THE DREAM IS REAL

AWW YISS, FEELS GOOD MAN

You should consider yourselves lucky that you can even get that high. Even using the latest top tier optimised TempoStorm meta snapshot deck I have only gotten as far as 12/11 (I keep pinging between the two).

apparently I complained enough to whoever matchmakes and got a, including a priest who gives up after having no board against 3 1/1s at turn 4, against me. Went straight into a 6 (?) game winstreak from 4 star rank 8 to rank 5.

Most definitely thanks to Rag Lightlord, saved me against a Hunter and then a Mage in the final game.

If you have the dust craft secret paladin. It gets you to the 9 range in a day.

ZeroX03

Banned
Hit Rank 10. I don't usually bother with ranked play, I'll mostly stick to casual for quests as my only play, unless I have an appropriately competitive deck to fulfill a quest in ranked. Today's quest was win two with Shaman, that turned into an 8-streak to easily get me there.

I play a fair bit of both Warlock and Rogue, don't have Leeroy. I had him at one point when he was 4 mana, but even then he never won a game that I was going to lose. He was usually just a flashy way to BM. I got my dust back when he was nerfed. For that matter, despite both Leeroy and Gormok being in the top versions of Zoo, I can count on one hand the number of times they were played against me in hundreds of games.
Plus, Leeroy is kind of a bad card if you aren't using him for lethal. I put him in my Hunter deck, and I removed him after a while.

clav

I suppose Priest is a good counter to Freeze Mage.

I didn't know that.

Wow.

1W 4L at lunch.
It was all Midrange Shaman and Call of the Wild.

Thanks for killing my favorite class, Blizzard.
Hmm, I guess you need to be alive first to be killed.

Hearthstone is boring without different classes.

Everything was Shaman and Zoo here with annoying Mages.

I take it back

Now get to rank 5.

bjaelke

I suppose Priest is a good counter to Freeze Mage.

I didn't know that.

It's not really a counter. You can do well if you have the required cards to heal out of range after Alex comes down. Warrior on the other hand can armor up beforehand which gives a natural advantage.

Warrior is good against fatigue, so yes.

Oh hm.
Freeze Mage has an OTK plan even without Alex. Alex just makes it easier. But a lot of Freeze Mage players drop their Thalnos for the card draw tick, which is a mistake against a class that can heal. Really, there are only three ways to shut down Freeze Mage:
1) Destroy Ice Block with Eater of Secrets/Kyzan Mystic.
2) Do so much damage that Freeze Mage can't lock you down (Hunters are best at this, but Shaman are strong, too).
3) Build up so much armor that the Freeze Mage can't burn you down with spells along (all Warrior decks except for Pirate Warrior can do this - I'm not sure how well Pirate Warrior does).

Priest puts out weak damage, so the Ice Block will save the Mage late into the game rather than early. Priest usually doesn't run a lot of direct damage, so freeze lockdown is effective. Priest can't protect itself from the OTK.

Levi

Banned
I've lost twice to freeze mage as warrior, embarrassingly enough.

The first time it was a Deathlord that pulled an Antonidas on Turn 3 or 4. Couldn't out-armor that much burn as it took me a couple turns to remove it. I never played Deathlord vs a freeze mage again.

The second time was on my EU account, as a midrange warrior. I lost that by misplaying--I tried to race, and I used my weapons to remove minions (Emperor, specifically) instead of trading, which put me in burst range. I would have won if I played slower, traded my minions and used my weapons to attack face. They got the nuts draw, though. Had their burst combo in hand on turn 10 with an Emperor tick.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Azure Drake is OP but not frustratingly OP. Nobody wins a game because they drop Azure Drake on curve but it has the most insane body in the game relative to other battlecry cantrips.

Dahbomb

Over a third of those cards are cards you play in Shaman decks.

AYY LMAO!

No Faceless Flamewreathe in top 25... people are doing it wrong.

Top Bottom