• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Xanathus

I have to choose a new deck to make. I have 900 dust to work with.

I am interested in the following:

Midrange Hunter. For my collection, it would cost about 880 dust to make a seemingly solid deck with one call of the wild. This seems like a fun deck.

Midrange Shaman. This obviously seems powerful, but also so trendy that it kind of turns me off.

Some sort of warrior. Most of these seem really expensive though.

Will probably go with hunter. What classes are they weak against right now? Strong against?
Midrange Hunter is weak to Zoo, Freeze Mage, any aggro deck. It's strong against all Warriors and Druids. 50-50 with Miracle Rogue and Midrange Shaman.

Zoggy

I have to choose a new deck to make. I have 900 dust to work with.

I am interested in the following:

Midrange Hunter. For my collection, it would cost about 880 dust to make a seemingly solid deck with one call of the wild. This seems like a fun deck.

Midrange Shaman. This obviously seems powerful, but also so trendy that it kind of turns me off.

Some sort of warrior. Most of these seem really expensive though.

Will probably go with hunter. What classes are they weak against right now? Strong against?

i'd go hunter because its been viable after every expansion. shaman is top dog right now but it sucked before LOE, and might just get crushed in 2017.

hunter tho, they always find a way. smorc smorc 4ever

Levi

Banned
I just checked out the tourney details and I don't understand why they need to have the casters be physically in London. They're also doing cross-marketing with the Warcraft movie by assigning players as Horde and Alliance... except the players aren't being matched up across factions but are instead playing against the same faction :/

Great casters and great players, should have been amazing, instead production quality is really holding it down. What's the point of inviting all these huge players with large fan followings and not bother with player cams? Watching Lifecoach rope is much less entertaining when you don't also get to see him over reacting to his draws. Why spend the money to fly the casters to London if you're not going to do the basics?

EDIT: Nevermind, they sorted their shit out.

Xanathus

Great casters and great players, should have been amazing, instead production quality is really holding it down. What's the point of inviting all these huge players with large fan followings and not bother with player cams? Watching Lifecoach rope is much less entertaining when you don't also get to see him over reacting to his draws. Why spend the money to fly the casters to London if you're not going to do the basics?

Oh I didn't realize they also flew the players over to London, and it looks like they're wearing suits as well. They probably intended to have cams but fucked up with technical issues.

clav

Seems like competitive HS is kinda falling out.

There has been somewhat of an exodus of players switching to other games.

It could be competitive if Blizzard were to set rules for tourneys like crafting decks from a preselected list rather than stuff you see on ladder all the time.

Levi

Banned
Oh I didn't realize they also flew the players over to London, and it looks like they're wearing suits as well. They probably intended to have cams but fucked up with technical issues.

Only Lifecoach flew to London, and that's because he's a caster as well as a participant.

Tarazet

Midrange Shaman was always a so-so deck before WOG gave Shamans two of the best midrange cards that the game has ever seen. "Trendy" is a good way to put it, and it's unlikely that it will be nearly as good after Totem Golem, Elemental Destruction, and Tuskarr Totemic all rotate out.

Midrange Hunter, on the other hand, has always been pretty good because there are a lot of good beasts in the classic set.

Tacitus_

Quality production at the XFINITY invitational

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
What's the cheapest way to buy 50 packs in Canada?

Do they do Amazon coins up there? At least in the US you can get discounts by buying coins on the Amazon Appstore if you have an Android device or use an Android emulator.

Apathy

What's the cheapest way to buy 50 packs in Canada?

probably through google play, since the price is in canadian whatever shows up in the store, same as the expansion.

Also fuck this game, people top decking like crazy, and during the brawl my opponent getting gorehowls from brawls when I'm getting garbage cards

Yay, opponents getting doomhammer, i get a puddle stopper and a ressurect, amazing, oh hey, my opponent got a geddon and a ysharj, i got a undertaker, yup, that's great

Tomcat

Seems like competitive HS is kinda falling out.

There has been somewhat of an exodus of players switching to other games.

It could be competitive if Blizzard were to set rules for tourneys like crafting decks from a preselected list rather than stuff you see on ladder all the time.

Which players have left hs?
Hs still goes strong and as long as magic the gathering stays stale it will be the best online card game.

clav

6-3.

Never got to play Conjurer on a decent board. When I did play the card, it always gave me crappy spells.

Which players have left hs?
Hs still goes strong and as long as magic the gathering stays stale it will be the best online card game.

I think Orange is the latest one to leave for a different game.

Hycran

Banned
Holy shit, I just got anomalous in the brawl, i never realized he was an 8/6. I always knew the card was bad, but holy shit is it bad.

Apathy

I swear this game is programmed exactly the same as mario kart on the snes, where if you're way far ahead, no fuck you, your opponent gets blue shells and everyone behind you can catch up

Mulgrok

Try grim patron warrior, only queue up against priests with double excavated evil in opening hand. fml

EDIT:
Holy shit, I just got anomalous in the brawl, i never realized he was an 8/6. I always knew the card was bad, but holy shit is it bad.

In arena against a shaman who evolved a full board and 1 of them turned into anomalous. Flame lance boardwipe. instant concede :p

I played Mage with Hunter as my second class. I drew Anomalous early and didn't know what I was going to do with it until I managed to draw Feign Death. It would've been a sweet combo, but I never got the chance to use it because Call of the Wild absolutely wrecked my opponent.

Worst deathrattle to run with N'Zoth, too.

I swear this game is programmed exactly the same as mario kart on the snes, where if you're way far ahead, no fuck you, your opponent gets blue shells and everyone behind you can catch up
I thought you quit!

squidyj

everything you're saying is bullshit.

snes mario kart didn't even have blue shells.

Alright pulling Eye for an Eye in Arena with MC is real fucked up. People always expect the regular constructed stuff but I just won cuz a dude hit me with his fossilized raptor and it put him into lethal.

patchday

dang I love this game so much. So relaxing (well, when I'm winning at least).

would probably play non-stop if it gave more quests for gold. but since it doesn't I've decided to stick to only playing a few games a day. Plsu don't want to get too addicted :)

Midrange Shaman was always a so-so deck before WOG gave Shamans two of the best midrange cards that the game has ever seen. "Trendy" is a good way to put it, and it's unlikely that it will be nearly as good after Totem Golem, Elemental Destruction, and Tuskarr Totemic all rotate out.

Midrange Hunter, on the other hand, has always been pretty good because there are a lot of good beasts in the classic set.

People keep looking towards the rotation, but I doubt Hearthstone will even last to the next one as things are.

Turn 1 trogg or Turn 1/2 Elekk.

It just isn't remotely fun and I'm back to arena unless blizzard overhauls ranked.

People keep looking towards the rotation, but I doubt Hearthstone will even last to the next one as things are.

Turn 1 trogg or Turn 1/2 Elekk.

It just isn't remotely fun and I'm back to arena unless blizzard overhauls ranked.
You never played World of Warcraft, did you? Blizzard games have a shitty magic about them. It doesn't matter how bad they are, they still succeed. It's the inverse of the Skullgirls curse.

squidyj

but seriously you're complaining about a 3/2 for 2 that sometimes has an upside and decrying that hearthstone will be dead within a year.

You're more delusional than Levi.

patchday

interesting comparison. This is probably how my opponents feel. I've made a lot of comebacks recently

but seriously you're complaining about a 3/2 for 2 that sometimes has an upside and decrying that hearthstone will be dead within a year.

You're more delusional than Levi.

No, you have missed the point.

The issue is that here we are in standard and almost every game is against the exact same deck with the exact same plays every time. You know everything there is to know about your opponents hand and what they will do after the very first turn.
Nothing has changed in this expansion and it seems to me to be much worse than it was before it.

Blizzard need to do something besides have people wait a year for a card to rotate out.

You never played World of Warcraft, did you? Blizzard games have a shitty magic about them. It doesn't matter how bad they are, they still succeed. It's the inverse of the Skullgirls curse.

Granted, "dead" has a different meaning for Blizzard games. Hearthstone will still be played, but people will no longer care.

Dahbomb

Blizzard games aren't bad, their core play and presentation are usually well ahead of the curve but then they ruin all of that with bad balancing and design choices later on.

Only game that Blizzard released which was legit bad day 1 was Diablo 3 and now that's one of their better games.

LOL, I just got Gruul in a pack.

I DE'd you a month ago, sir!

Blizzard games aren't bad, their core play and presentation are usually well ahead of the curve but then they ruin all of that with bad balancing and design choices later on.

Only game that Blizzard released which was legit bad day 1 was Diablo 3 and now that's one of their better games.
The last game I can honestly say this for is Diablo II.

Dahbomb

LOL, I just got Gruul in a pack.

I DE'd you a month ago, sir!

The last game I can honestly say this for is Diablo II.
And D2 is also a balancing/design mess but it's fine because it's mostly a PvE game.

I do think SC2 and HS are good games though. Haven't played Overwatch so can't comment.

Hots is mediocre though, that's probably Blizzard's worst game in a while.

Raxus

And D2 is also a balancing/design mess but it's fine because it's mostly a PvE game.

I do think SC2 and HS are good games though. Haven't played Overwatch so can't comment.

It is a damn shame they couldn't capitalize on HotS. There was a good game in there but I feel they should have went with a different model in order to make it a success. It is pretty telling when even Blizzard can't make a MOBA that sticks.

Overwatch, D3, HS have all been aces as of late.

Triz

I pulled Ragnaros the Lightlord in an arena pack but I already crafted him. First expansion duplicate legendary.

Launch Diablo II was an incredible game. They made it worse with every patch, and the expansion was the worst of all.

The worst game Blizzard has made was Titan. Million of dollars and years of work down the drain, and they couldn't even create something competent.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Launch Diablo II was an incredible game. They made it worse with every patch, and the expansion was the worst of all.

The worst game Blizzard has made was Titan. Million of dollars and years of work down the drain, and they couldn't even create something competent.

You are remembering incorrectly. Pre 1.03 was a borderline disaster, especially with regards to skill balancing.

Still amazing, but 1.03 and especially 1.04, and then 1.08 post expansion were clear improvements in a ton of critical ways.

You are remembering incorrectly. Pre 1.03 was a borderline disaster, especially with regards to skill balancing.

Still amazing, but 1.03 and especially 1.04, and then 1.08 post expansion were clear improvements in a ton of critical ways.
The expansion introduced spell delay, which completely destroyed all fun I had ever had with the game. Waiting a goddamn 2 seconds to cast another spell was bullshit, and I don't care whose computer couldn't handle it before. 1.03 just nerfed Corpse Explosion, which was dumb, but it didn't change the game significantly. Corpse Explosion stayed great. I just looked at 1.04's patch notes, and I see no balance changes, just bug fixes (which are obviously always a good thing).

This is a classic, though:
Duriel's graphics are pre-loaded before entering his lair. This minimizes the chance of getting killed by him before loading is complete.
My computer was so bad that the first time I killed Duriel was when I played a Thorns Paladin. I just mashed potions while he beat me up. He died before my screen loaded...

Also, I remember MS LE nightmares. I only played Hardcore Mode, you see. An MS LE unique was basically when you log out. The only times I would risk fighting them was when I was playing with someone that wasn't careful enough and the MS LE killed them, so I had to kill it to retrieve their corpse so they could start a new character with some gear.

FeD.nL

HS team can learn a thing or two from the HotS team though in terms of support. Like what, every three weeks a new hero or something?

I think Blizzard really used HotS as a test case in terms of promotion. Like they shouldn't have been so generous with the alpha keys. If you look at the way Overwatch did it compared to HotS it's a world of difference. Those alpha streams really hurt the initial response to the game.

That's just silly. Noone of the public played that game, so you have no idea how it turned out. By that measure Starcraft: Ghost should be the worst game Blizzard made since that was even shown at events.

Top Bottom