• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Rosenskjold

Yogg-Saron is the best thing to happen to Hearthstone. Always entertaining, can swing the game and if you lose who cares? You're not supposed to play it when you're winning, it's a last resort card. I love being in a hopeless position with an almost empty hand and Yogg clears the board, draws more cards and puts up a Christmas tree of secrets.

I agree with all of this, except it's the worst. It's a card that can take losing players and turn the game completely around for them. No strategy, no planning ahead, just pure luck wins you a game.

jgminto

Aww yeah finally got my first 12 win run in Old Gods. Final result was 12/1.
lRkXTFG.jpg

Mana Wyrm, Tentacle of N'zoth, Worgen Infiltrator, Frosbolt, Amani Berserker and Boneguard Lieutenant are above the fold.

Edit: I also saw the worst misplay I've ever seen personally in this run, the opponent (a Druid) had a Flame Juggler and the 3/1 Worgen on board' he then proceeds to play a Raptor BEFORE clearing, used Claw/Hero Power and cleared with the Flame Juggler. I don't think I've laughed so hard at this game before.

Dahbomb

You know, if I had a bot, I think I would program it to play a Divine Shield deck, but no matter what it will Equality + Pyro and wipe the board at some point, and then concede.
You probably want to bot a Shaman deck to farm for you though...

Blizzard has been cracking down on the bots so we don't have any new stats but I would be very curious to see the new and improved Shaman bot. Shaman used to be the OG bot class, even before Secret Paladin.

Pooya

Just as I started exploring C'Thun druid again this month, it looks like it's back in tournament meta at least, both FACEIT finalists had it, it's showing on this Korean prelims too. It's ok deck really, rolls over tempo warrior and control decks for sure, only zoo is really bad.

Parshias7

Could someone add me for the spectate a friend quest? Parshias#1599.

I've had this thing for a week and my friend's list has turned into a ghost town, Hearthstone-wise.

EDIT: NA.

J0dy77

Just as I started exploring C'Thun druid again this month, it looks like it's back in tournament meta at least, both FACEIT finalists had it, it's showing on this Korean prelims too. It's ok deck really, rolls over tempo warrior and control decks for sure, only zoo is really bad.

I was really struggling last season with the constant face Shaman and Priest decks I was coming up against. Finally found success when I switched to C'Thun Druid. It is very competitive against most decks, zoo success comes down to having swipe and early game minions. I've been tweaking the deck continuously and love the way it's playing right now.

bjaelke

You’ll soon have a new way to get access to your Blizzard games. The publisher has announced this morning that it is implementing Facebook sign-in across its entire portfolio.

Along with that comes the integration of Facebook’s Live API. This means you’ll be able to connect directly with your Facebook timeline from Blizzard games.

You’ll be able to stream live to your Facebook profile, and friends will be able to subscribe to be notified when you go live. This functionality should go live in July.

Players will still have a choice, of course. Your regular Battle.net sign-in will continue to work, as will your authenticator.
6gISrbE.gif

Ladekabel

Playing Sjows N'Zoth Rogue. It's pretty fun to play and I'm having some success with it. Only card I'm missing is Edwin so I subbed him with a Cairne Sylvanas to get a little bit more N'Zoth value. Might not be optimal but I haven't encountered a situation where this would be bad. Partly thanks to not drawing Cairne but a few times from Journey.

Levi

Banned
Weird morning. Saw Face Hunter (with Wolf-rider and Leeroy), Reno C'thun Mage, Murloc Control N'Zoth Healadin and N'Zoth Rogue, all in the standard ranked ladder.

Only N'zoth Rogue did I know what to expect. The Healadin I was treating like an aggro deck (he played warleader early) so I misplayed that one badly. The Mage I had beat until he played Doomcaller into a second C'thun and I had no removal in hand, oh well. Face Hunter I didn't draw my win axe until turn 5 and I was dead on turn 6. Frustrating morning but I have to admit it's nice not to see the same ol' garbage as normal.

bunbun777

Been reading the wow chronicles book and yea...yogg'saron tends to screw things up. Pretty sure he's had the worst influence on history up to the dark portal. I'm sure this doesn't help anyone that already hates the card (1st gold I crafted), but the dude ruins everything.

Levi

Banned
That Ramp Druid looks fun. Got to love any deck running Soggoth (after Malkorok, my favorite Old Gods legendary).

I was thinking of making some kind of Ramp/Nzoth Druid in Wild.

IceMarker

That Ramp Druid looks fun. Got to love any deck running Soggoth (after Malkorok, my favorite Old Gods legendary).

I was thinking of making some kind of Ramp/Nzoth Druid in Wild.

It's really fun. :)

A lot of card synergy too, between Fandral and Azure Drake with spells, even something a bit more obscure like Naga Sea Witch reduced to 4 by Emperor can mean a turn 9 Naga/Soggoth play. Having a free 5/5 is VERY valuable and insane tempo in the mid-late game.

Soggoth is a real pain in the ass.

Especially with a 5/5 behind it on the same turn. ;)

With the same deck I made it to 5 in like 3 days total I'm no durdling around 14 for an equal amount of time already.

How do I keep losing against these decks. Just lost against Zoo playing Kelthuzad.

Rosenskjold

I think I need a break from the game, Yogg is ruining the game for me. Game after game I lose to opponents that I outplay and then they win the game back with Yogg. Just not fun at all :/

I would love to fight Yogg players. All I see these days are midrange Warriors, Shaman, and Zoolock. The meta is so dull right now.

I made a Darwin Shaman deck, and I won two matches with that. Abusing the situationally low cost minions the premade deck suggests works well. Master of Evolution is pretty meh, though, I will replace him with Spirit Wolves since they tend to force wipes.

Everyone is running Harrison. I see him in almost every match now. If I had the stuff for Secret Paladin, I would just grind it out in Wild for my R5 rewards so I can be done.

Levi

Banned
I would love to fight Yogg players. All I see these days are midrange Warriors, Shaman, and Zoolock. The meta is so dull right now.

You forgot Midrange Hunter, I see more of those than any of the other three.

There are ways to freshen up ranked play, though.

You could play Wild, lots of crazy decks there. Naga Sea Witch Warlock, for example. If you don't care about your wild rank, you can just concede when you see some garbage you don't feel like facing.

Play early in the morning. I only saw one meta deck in the hour I was playing from 6am to 7am.

Be the change you want to see in the world. You're a midrange Shaman player, you're the reason the meta is stale. Everything is either Shaman or reacting to Shaman in standard ranked mode.

You forgot Midrange Hunter, I see more of those than any of the other three.

There are ways to freshen up ranked play, though.

You could play Wild, lots of crazy decks there. Naga Sea Witch Warlock, for example. If you don't care about your wild rank, you can just concede when you see some garbage you don't feel like facing.

Play early in the morning. I only saw one meta deck in the hour I was playing from 6am to 7am.

Be the change you want to see in the world. You're a midrange Shaman player, you're the reason the meta is stale. Everything is either Shaman or reacting to Shaman in standard ranked mode.
I don't have anything else that is competitive, though. :(

Also, I started playing midrange Shaman because the meta is so dull and uninteresting that I just want it done. Your cause and effect are reversed. In Duelyst, I play a mid tier faction and got S Rank with a low tier deck. I was willing to suffer through my losses because I was having fun, though, and the Duelyst meta has so much variation that there are at least 8 deck archetypes just for the single faction I play.

Dahbomb

You can get Legend with a mid tier class in HS too.

Though we definitely do not have 8 archetypes per class. Some barely have one or two.

Though we definitely do not have 8 archetypes per class. Some barely have one or two.
The ladder is pretty brutal right now. I am struggling to make progress with midrange Shaman because everyone gears to counter it right now. I know you can get legend with a mid tier class in HS, but it sure as hell is not fun.

IceMarker

That's what really bugs me about some classes, I love playing theme and gimmick decks a lot and some classes give that proposition a 0% winrate. The ol' fun vs. winning trope.

Dahbomb

The ladder is pretty brutal right now. I am struggling to make progress with midrange Shaman because everyone gears to counter it right now. I know you can get legend with a mid tier class in HS, but it sure as hell is not fun.
This is when you stay ahead of the meta and tech to counter the counter.

More Zoolock? Double Lightning Storm, even a single Elemental Destruction and a MCT.

More Tempo Warrior? Ooze and Harrison as needed.

You are for sure right, everyone is running full Shaman counters but it doesn't matter because it's the best class and can adjust to what the meta throws at it.

Mixed2k

I'll leave a drop by tip for you guys.
Dragon tempo warrior.

Have fun at legend in this meta.

By the way there are a lot of different decks that can take you very far, play the game instead of complaining all the time guys.
I don't understand some of the posters here, you want to play shitty fun decks, and WIN with them. Somehow you expect other people to play shitty fun decks as well, on a competitive game.

Dahbomb

Fatigue as a win condition is weak gimmick nonsense and that's how Blizzard likes it.

They can't have a win condition like Exodia or Spirit board because it's too easy to draw your entire deck with some classes. They can maybe make a 6 card Legendary minion exclusive to only one class that has weak draws... like Hunter.

Tarazet

I'll leave a drop by tip for you guys.
Dragon tempo warrior.

Have fun at legend in this meta.

I got wrecked a few times by this monstrosity while playing Pirate Warrior, which is good against most other Warrior decks. Sometimes I think Garrosh's worst enemy is himself.

Dahbomb

A lot of different cards from other cards games would be completely broken in HS like that magic card right there.

Like there's a card in YGO called Victory Dragon. Only the card is currently banned but basically it's a very slow, kinda hard to summon card (with weak stats) that if it directly hits the opponent, you win the match. Now note that minions in YGO all have a taunt so it's not easy to get this effect off but it's still banned because due to the wording of the card, you actually win an entire set. So if it was a FT10 you would win that entire set by attacking face with Victory Dragon once. That's pretty damn stupid but that's YGO.

Fatigue as a win condition is weak gimmick nonsense and that's how Blizzard likes it.

They can't have a win condition like Exodia or Spirit board because it's too easy to draw your entire deck with some classes. They can maybe make a 6 card Legendary minion exclusive to only one class that has weak draws... like Hunter.

they had minron's head and you'd at least see some nice trolden vids from it

Killbot 2000 - This minion has 4 forms based on how many activators you play.

There are 4 minions that "summon" this card, at different mana costs. I'll call the cards that summon him builders. The first one played summons a 0/4 minion. The second one transforms that into the basic killbot. The third one makes it a bit stronger and gives it stealth. The fourth one gives it charge and divine shield (maybe windfury), along with higher stats again.

The idea is that you can either hope to protect the 0/4, or you can try to summon killbot at higher stages all in one turn. The builders would have different costs. All be legendary so you can't have duplicates, and add up to 10 mana so that it is possible to summon the strongest version in one turn.

I'll leave the actual killbot stats etc., up to the imagination. Could have taunt instead of stealth, etc..

Dahbomb

Killbot 2000 - This minion has 4 forms based on how many activators you play.

There are 4 minions that "summon" this card, at different mana costs. I'll call the cards that summon him builders. The first one played summons a 0/4 minion. The second one transforms that into the basic killbot. The third one makes it a bit stronger and gives it stealth. The fourth one gives it charge and divine shield (maybe windfury), along with higher stats again.

The idea is that you can either hope to protect the 0/4, or you can try to summon killbot at higher stages all in one turn. The builders would have different costs. All be legendary so you can't have duplicates, and add up to 10 mana so that it is possible to summon the strongest version in one turn.

I'll leave the actual killbot stats etc., up to the imagination. Could have taunt instead of stealth, etc..
Duelyst has you covered with Mechazor.

Top Bottom