• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Dahbomb

Yeah that comment about Titan is bizarre as hell.

"That unmade game of Blizzard is the worst game that Blizzard ever made"

That's contradictory within itself.

fertygo

5 frigging Hunter in a row, the fuck man..

instantly smile from happiness when I see Shaman, and of fucking course I won why I not play this most OP class all the time

Levi

Banned
To be fair to Trump, Rogue has been getting consistently punished all tournament.

Also, Amnesiac is one of the best Hearthstone players in the world. Trump is an arena streamer.

JesseZao

Milquetoast still being relevant is very surprising to me. Why does he get into tournaments still? He's just one of those "early worms" that got big from circumstance. The scene doesn't need him anymore and eventually quality will replace his slot. He should transition to creative streams and just play music.

That's just silly. Noone of the public played that game, so you have no idea how it turned out. By that measure Starcraft: Ghost should be the worst game Blizzard made since that was even shown at events.

Yeah that comment about Titan is bizarre as hell.

"That unmade game of Blizzard is the worst game that Blizzard ever made"

That's contradictory within itself.
Think about the facts:
7 years of development.
As late as 2010, had all of Blizzard's top devs working on it.
From Blizzard's own mouth, they "failed horrifically" with the game.

How awful does a game have to be to get canceled after 7 years of development from your top guys, and it's so incoherent, so awful, that Kaplan doubted whether the team was even capable of making a great game anymore?

Fishlake

I had forgotten how much I hate the beginning of the month. When will they ever attempt to change the ladder reset. I find myself going to Runescape Chronicles these days since the ladder is just so horrible right now.

Dahbomb

Think about the facts:
7 years of development.
As late as 2010, had all of Blizzard's top devs working on it.
From Blizzard's own mouth, they "failed horrifically" with the game.

How awful does a game have to be to get canceled after 7 years of development from your top guys, and it's so incoherent, so awful, that Kaplan doubted whether the team was even capable of making a great game anymore?
We don't actually have any hard facts on the game and even if we did the game wasn't made so it can't even be in the running for worst made Blizzard game.

Sure if we included all Blizzard games meaning made plus unmade, sure it will be in there and you can throw in Starcraft Ghost too. Personally it makes little sense talking about games that no one in the public has seen. Maybe the game was godlike and the top people at Blizzard thought it was bad because it didn't line up with what they wanted to make (ie. Flashy and accessible games).

Raxus

Wonder where Overwatch fell in Blizzard's plans.

While losing Ghosts and Titan sucks I am sure Blizzard is plenty happy with their current slate of games.

Now if only they'd announce another Diablo XPac.

I am curious how much money Hearthstone has made them. Even I poured a ton of cash into the game over the past 2 years.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
HS has probably made more money than every Blizzard game that isn't Warcraft.

The original Starcraft continues to be sold 18 years after it originally came out. As much money as I am sure Hearthstone has made, it wouldn't surprise me if Starcraft's total revenue is higher at this time.

Levi

Banned
I started today needing 25 Warrior wins for golden...

OZvO8fI.jpg

After going up against 4 Shamans in a row, all of whom had Troggs Rule into Totem Golem, I decided to switch to wild. People were playing fun decks! It was a lot of experimentation and not tempo storm garbage! Reincarnate Shaman, Mill Rogue, Bubble Secret Paladin, all kinds of craziness.

AFfaBUI.jpg

Bubble Secret Paladin interacts amusingly with Leeroy.

HgcFF6x.jpg

My homebrew N'zoth Warrior and my adapted Aggro Pirate warrior got my last 25 wins! My second golden hero!

Dahbomb

The original Starcraft continues to be sold 18 years after it originally came out. As much money as I am sure Hearthstone has made, it wouldn't surprise me if Starcraft's total revenue is higher at this time.
Didn't SC2 beat SC1 in sales? Maybe I am mixing the two.

Wasn't there an incomplete build that was actually leaked out? I know I've seen YouTube videos of people playing it.

Some guy released YouTube footage of it, but never released the files or explained how he got access. The game dies with him at this point unless someone else releases it.

The download on the Abandonia website is an elaborate April Fool's Day joke

Cipherr

This is my favorite brawl so far. Went to 30 wins which is a lot for me. Really enjoyed being able to clear out all quests while actually enjoying the play and not having to do casual/ranked
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Levi

Banned
This is my favorite brawl so far. Went to 30 wins which is a lot for me. Really enjoyed being able to clear out all quests while actually enjoying the play and not having to do casual/ranked
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I'm with you. This brawl was the least annoying one in a while. I keep trying to combo priest and druid to get Auchenai / tree of life combo but it's not working.

We don't actually have any hard facts on the game and even if we did the game wasn't made so it can't even be in the running for worst made Blizzard game.

Sure if we included all Blizzard games meaning made plus unmade, sure it will be in there and you can throw in Starcraft Ghost too. Personally it makes little sense talking about games that no one in the public has seen. Maybe the game was godlike and the top people at Blizzard thought it was bad because it didn't line up with what they wanted to make (ie. Flashy and accessible games).
The worst thought can be unshared, the worst book can go unread, and the worst game can go unplayed. When a Blizzard executive says the game is so bad that they lost confidence in their ability to make great games, I think that says it all. Especially when they're willing to release garbage like Diablo III.

It's not a game if unreleased. As a developer there must have been games so bad they weren't even mentioned to the public, is that the worst game blizzard ever made an unnamed project that didn't get funded?

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The worst thought can be unshared, the worst book can go unread, and the worst game can go unplayed. When a Blizzard executive says the game is so bad that they lost confidence in their ability to make great games, I think that says it all. Especially when they're willing to release garbage like Diablo III.

But they figured it out and D3 is actually pretty great these days. So just because they put it out in a bad state doesn't mean it is always the worst. This whole argument is silly. The best or worst of anything is always going to be subjective. What is bad for one person might not be for others.

Levi

Banned
I had to complete a Hunter daily and all the Shamans disappeared, everything was warriors and priests. :(

Midrange Hunter should be feasting on those warriors. Aggro pirate warrior beats hunter pretty consistently, but otherwise the midrange, COTW hunter is favored.

EmiPrime

Yogg-Saron is the best thing to happen to Hearthstone. Always entertaining, can swing the game and if you lose who cares? You're not supposed to play it when you're winning, it's a last resort card. I love being in a hopeless position with an almost empty hand and Yogg clears the board, draws more cards and puts up a Christmas tree of secrets.

yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

fuck Diablo 3

But they figured it out and D3 is actually pretty great these days. So just because they put it out in a bad state doesn't mean it is always the worst. This whole argument is silly. The best or worst of anything is always going to be subjective. What is bad for one person might not be for others.
I've seen D3, and it looks like WoW-derivative grind shit these days. It's nothing like the quality game Diablo 2 was, or even Diablo 1. There's no atmosphere or intensity. You can't even maintain atmosphere when your screen is flooding with OMG critical for 35,252 damage!!!!! numbers flying everywhere.

Dahbomb

D3 at this point is a very different game from D1/D2 but as it's own beast it's pretty damn good.

It's more arcadey, break neck action with big crits (you can turn these off by the way), explosions and on rail builds that helps player move from "can't do anything" to "GODLIKE" easily. Acquiring gear in D2 is hella tedious and time consuming, in D3 you can get what you want rather easily and then it's a matter of min/maxing like all loot based RPGs.

Path of Exile is the actual D2 successor though. Game is excellent and you know Blizzard will not release a game like that anytime soon. But PoE doesn't have the fluid combat feel of D3, that's where D3 is the best at.

Tarazet

I was just wondering why I'd never seen Gormok in a Paladin deck. Seems like the right time for it. How is the deck working for you? Personally, I'd try one of the 3/1 Worgens in place of the Flame Juggler.

Yogg-Saron is the best thing to happen to Hearthstone. Always entertaining, can swing the game and if you lose who cares? You're not supposed to play it when you're winning, it's a last resort card. I love being in a hopeless position with an almost empty hand and Yogg clears the board, draws more cards and puts up a Christmas tree of secrets.

If you're playing a Yogg deck it pretty much says you're not taking it super cereal, which is fine. It was getting too much super cereal.

squidyj

I was just wondering why I'd never seen Gormok in a Paladin deck. Seems like the right time for it. How is the deck working for you? Personally, I'd try one of the 3/1 Worgens in place of the Flame Juggler.

If you're playing a Yogg deck it pretty much says you're not taking it super cereal, which is fine. It was getting too much super cereal.

I don't think cutting the jugglers for another minion that dies to a whirlwind effect is correct. the deck is working out reasonably well so far, I'm not entirely sold on the divine favor honestly, I often draw many cards with my cult master and then favor becomes sort of dead.

Tarazet

I don't think cutting the jugglers for another minion that dies to a whirlwind effect is correct. the deck is working out reasonably well so far, I'm not entirely sold on the divine favor honestly, I often draw many cards with my cult master and then favor becomes sort of dead.

True, this kind of deck is going to get a ton of value out of Cult Master because it usually has the initiative and can choose to trade its little garbage nonsense into a single bigger threat. If you're running Divine Favor it should be your only card draw.

You know, if I had a bot, I think I would program it to play a Divine Shield deck, but no matter what it will Equality + Pyro and wipe the board at some point, and then concede.

Top Bottom