• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Salex_

I'm not even exaggerating. 8 of my last games were ALL shamans. Yeah, I think I'm done with this game for now. Back to SFV and Overwatch. Surviving the first 4/5 turns is just the beginning. That deck just has so many hard to deal with win conditions it's insane.

My last opponent had the nerve to spam emotes as if he was doing anything special. I survived into mid/late game but I just didn't draw enough board clears in time.

Hit rank 15 for the first time today.

Its weird I was never able to do it when using Legendaries and expensive cards but I can do it with a low cost deck.

Was losing a game as DragonMage. Effigy turned Alexstraza into Malygos.

Double Fireball for lethal. Sorry N'Zoth Paladin! That's almost as bad as Yogg'Saron pulling a win.

squidyj

Was losing a game as DragonMage. Effigy turned Alexstraza into Malygos.

Double Fireball for lethal. Sorry N'Zoth Paladin! That's almost as bad as Yogg'Saron pulling a win.

yogg is more like "i had to spend all my burn survivng up until this point, oh wait yogg just pulled 3 pyroblasts and won me the game lol"

This is when you stay ahead of the meta and tech to counter the counter.

More Zoolock? Double Lightning Storm, even a single Elemental Destruction and a MCT.

More Tempo Warrior? Ooze and Harrison as needed.

You are for sure right, everyone is running full Shaman counters but it doesn't matter because it's the best class and can adjust to what the meta throws at it.
I run 2x Lightning Storm, and it still isn't enough for >50% Zoolock win rate, lol.

I'll leave a drop by tip for you guys.
Dragon tempo warrior.

Have fun at legend in this meta.

By the way there are a lot of different decks that can take you very far, play the game instead of complaining all the time guys.
I don't understand some of the posters here, you want to play shitty fun decks, and WIN with them. Somehow you expect other people to play shitty fun decks as well, on a competitive game.
More like we want Blizzard to be good enough at balancing the game that fun decks aren't shitty.

I didn't think a name could be as generic than killbot, and that someone would actually use it.
15383367898c57d99704c41056802a211e3420343223.png
Duelyst is pretty self-aware about this, hence the name is MECHAZOR!, and not just Mechazor. It's a throwback to 90s cartoons, and to make Mechazor you need to summon Mechazor's Head, Wings, Chassis, Cannon, etc. Only upon your 5th summon of a Mechazor body part can you form the full machine, and he's a win condition on his own.

That pic is an old UI.

Levi

Banned
Pro tip guys... if you're going to Harrison a Doomhammer, make sure you're not out of cards. I killed myself with fatigue while I had lethal on board because I wanted to destroy his weapon before attacking his face. I

Tacitus_

Pro tip guys... if you're going to Harrison a Doomhammer, make sure you're not out of cards. I killed myself with fatigue while I had lethal on board because I wanted to destroy his weapon before attacking his face. I

Mistakes were made.

squidyj

justice was served.

Levi

Banned
Article on the Statistics on the duration of games.

The 5 minute average duration of Pirate Warrior vs. the 10 minutes of Control Warrior and the 8 minutes for Tempo Warrior tells you why I switched to Pirates for the last 20 wins of my golden Warrior portrait.

It's also nuts that Control Warrior feels so much slower than Tempo Warrior when the difference in game duration is less than two minutes (on average).

I have all my stats in HDT, I'm going to compare my personal average game duration vs these numbers when I get home.

This just happened.

Wow, golden Ravaging Ghoul! I wish I had one of those!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I create a deck to beat shaman, it has mostly early game, it still only wins 50% of the time

No wonder this game is declining its just coin flips, its pure coin flips.

If you play these decks, frankly I assume you are depressed, I assume that playing a deck with no choices, no skill and emote spamming people is the highlight of your life, congrats, you won.

fertygo

I create a deck to beat shaman, it has mostly early game, it still only wins 50% of the time

If you play these decks, frankly I assume you are depressed, I assume that playing a deck with no choices, no skill and emote spamming people is the highlight of your life, congrats, you won.

You want deck that more faster i.e zoo or deck that can stabilize in mid game without take too much damage in first few turn i.e Tempo/Control Warrior or straightup outdamage in mid-game mid-range hunter, if its midrange battle tho

This is Hearthstone in a nutshell.

4-0 with a cheap aggro Paladin deck.

No decent legendaries either, outside of Sir Finley.

Do I hate myself? No, not yet.

*EDIT* Ended my evening at 8-2. This deck is silly, but it's not 100% guaranteed.

Now if I had Mysterious Challenger for mid / late game, I could see this being nuts. Glad it's not in standard.

Levi

Banned
New rule-if my opponent plays turn 1 Trogg into turn 2 Golem I am roping every turn.

I call this strategy chemo, as it fights cancer.

I am averaging one win an hour the last four hours played. Why I'm trying to play new decks I don't know. I should just pick zoo or hunter.

Dropped from 12 to 17. Rank 17 I'm facing legend players. I hate ranked. Why they gate the only worthwhile rewards behind the games worst mode, I'll never know.

squidyj

New rule-if my opponent plays turn 1 Trogg into turn 2 Golem I am roping every turn.

I am averaging one win an hour the last four hours played. Dropped from 12 to 17. Rank 17 I'm facing legend players. I hate ranked.

you deserve every bad thing that happens to you.

4-0 with a cheap aggro Paladin deck.

No decent legendaries either, outside of Sir Finley.

Do I hate myself? No, not yet.

*EDIT* Ended my evening at 8-2. This deck is silly, but it's not 100% guaranteed.

Now if I had Mysterious Challenger for mid / late game, I could see this being nuts. Glad it's not in standard.
Mysterious Challenger is Standard. It's just that Avenge is gone, so it's not as stupid-strong.

I am averaging one win an hour the last four hours played. Why I'm trying to play new decks I don't know. I should just pick zoo or hunter.

Dropped from 12 to 17. Rank 17 I'm facing legend players. I hate ranked. Why they gate the only worthwhile rewards behind the games worst mode, I'll never know.
Are you spending a lot of time playing the game?
Are you angry?
Do you feel too weak to handle the competition?

Time to buy some packs!

Levi

Banned
What, don't you Shaman guys keep saying Shaman is a deck that rewards skillful play?

Since it's such a complicated deck with so many difficult decisions, I am being courteous and giving my opponent extra time to think.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Is it worth saving up gold for the first wing of Black Rock Mountain? Emperor Thaurissan seems pretty good but the part where he'll rotate out soon holds me back

Played probably my longest game to date. My C'Thun Shaman against C'Thun Warrior. Was a long drawn out battle where he got up to 28 armor, but I was able to survive through plenty of taunts. I took out his C'Thun early on and he took out mine. Finally conceded when he ran out of cards and couldn't stop my board.

For the first time I understand what people see in control decks.

Is it worth saving up gold for the first wing of Black Rock Mountain? Emperor Thaurissan seems pretty good but the part where he'll rotate out soon holds me back
What decks do you play?
Emperor Thaurissan is 100% used for combo decks. For example, in Freeze Mage, you have this magically impossible handle:

Fireball, Fireball, Ice Lance, Ice Lance, Frost Bolt, Frost Bolt, Emperor Thaurissan.

You have 10 mana.

If you vomited your hand, you could throw out 2 Fireballs and a Frost Bolt for 15 damage.

If you play Thaurissan first, he reduces the mana cost of all those cards by 1. Now Fireball is 3 mana, Ice Lance is 0 mana, and Frost Bolt is 1 mana.

On your next turn, you can now:
Frost Bolt - 3 damage
Frost Bolt - 3 damage
Ice Lance - 4 damage
Ice Lance - 4 damage
Fireball - 6 damage
Fireball - 6 damage

That's 26 damage in one turn with nothing on the board. If you add in a +1 spell damage minion like Bloodmage Thalnos, it's 32 damage, which only Warriors and Druids can even hope to survive.

Basically, unless you are planning to make a deck that goes from doing nothing to winning the game in 1 turn, Thaurissan isn't too noteworthy. He got used in Handlock and Renolock, but I never see those decks anymore.

What, don't you Shaman guys keep saying Shaman is a deck that rewards skillful play?

Since it's such a complicated deck with so many difficult decisions, I am being courteous and giving my opponent extra time to think.
I don't think anyone said that...I feel like you're a bit on edge lately man.

O4kOymsl.jpg

Ok I'm definitely not dusting this one
Put that in every deck you own.

bjaelke

Yeah, but not many decks are using him these days. Just gimmicky combo decks and freeze mage.

He also sees play in some slower control decks where you have many high cost cards and nearly every Yogg-Saron/Summoning Stone themed decks. Granted neither of those are very popular at the moment.

scarlet

Ranked 16th on winning streak, and then I missed lethal cause I miscalculated my mana drop.

15th is so close, but seems so far :(

KuroNeeko

Man, took a break from Priest to clear out Druid and Rogue quests and won about 8 out of 10 matches.

Token Druid and Miracle N'zoth are both pretty fun. Maybe I'll stick with one of those this month.

Pretty frustrating being like one or two legendaries (or epics) away from building most decks. Tempo is missing Arcane Blast and Antonidas. Beast / Token Druid missing Fandral. All of my Rogue decks missing Thalnos / Edwin. Priest (and Shaman : /) are like the only two classes I have pretty much stocked up. Actually, Paladin too (though no Fire Rags)

jgminto

If pre-LoE Shaman got Flamewreathed Faceless, people definitely wouldn't be complaining as much about it. Shaman finally has enough benefits outweighing the Overload tempo loss so all those cards that weren't good enough now are.

This game knows how to get me back in. My opponent was using a Mill Rogue but milled himself and destroyed his own Map to the Golden Monkey.

Top Bottom