• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

People said a lot of weird stuff back then ;)

Eh, I still stand by that.

The only reason the card is even played is because of the lack of low cost removal. Any time it's removed as soon as it's played it pretty much means you lost the game. I personally don't play it in any of my Shaman decks for that reason.

Remember when people said Hunter was terrible in Standard and now midrange Hunter is the best deck on ladder?
I think Hunter's early game is still too weak to be top - you're always hoping for the Doomsayer to give you momentum.

Eh, I still stand by that.

The only reason the card is even played is because of the lack of low cost removal. Any time it's removed as soon as it's played it pretty much means you lost the game. I personally don't play it in any of my Shaman decks for that reason.
I like using Fireguard Destroyer and Flamewreathed Faceless, since you can drop them one after another, and Fireguard is almost as scary as Flamewreathed. If I get them off one after another without my opponent killing the first, that's usually GG.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
This reminds me, when are we going to do the on blast episode? It's been enough time.

Yeah that reminds me that I meant to ask you if you thought you'd be free to do that maybe this weekend? Depending on whether or not I can pull the comments from the other streamers by then.

Didn't mean to imply that we are top streamers (obviously not) but talking about people like Kibler, Firebat, Kolento etc. I don't know who we have on the list but it's usually prominent people who make predictions on the entire set.

Firebat got cut from the roster as he didn't finish his predictions (We can put him on blast for Cho'Gall anyways, lol). Reynad will be taking his place. So the final lineup is Trump, Kibler, Reynad, and Amaz.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Proposal for new OT title: Legend as Hunter: Call of the Wild announced for PC/mobile!

Shinypogs

I did not know this - cool!

Reno is worse now than it has ever been before. Be glad you are fighting weakened Reno.
What was he nerfed from or are there simply more answers now?

Is it strange that I don't get mad when I lose to other zoolocks with cards I don't have yet. Sure it sucked to be pummeled by double knife juggler into five tentacles from forbidden ritual but all I thought was "That is so gonna be me in a few months".

I've still gotta craft another abusive sergeant and some power overwhelming first though. It's hard to resist the urge to gamble with the first 700 gold I've earned and not just blow it all on classic packs and hope I get what I want. Gotta keep saving though for when I really need to buy something.

scarlet

Is it strange that I don't get mad when I lose to other zoolocks with cards I don't have yet. Sure it sucked to be pummeled by double knife juggler into five tentacles from forbidden ritual but all I thought was "That is so gonna be me in a few months".

I've still gotta craft another abusive sergeant and some power overwhelming first though. It's hard to resist the urge to gamble with the first 700 gold I've earned and not just blow it all on classic packs and hope I get what I want. Gotta keep saving though for when I really need to buy something.

s56rT0f.gif

scarlet

Seems weird that people complain about Reno.

If you have board, his stats and effect are insignificant.

I only hate Reno when he ruins my lethal.

"Yaay, I have lethal next turn!"
"Oh fuck, Reno!"

Trying to use proper zoo deck, I was down to 19th from 14th.
Now I'm 17th using my old build x)

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
got to rank 12 for the first time, and now it's just all shamans

literally I think I've played 7 or 8 games and only 1 of them wasn't shaman

Reno lost a lot of cards that helped it. The big ones, I think, were Healbot, Sludge Belcher, and it "lost" Molten Giant.

got to rank 12 for the first time, and now it's just all shamans

literally I think I've played 7 or 8 games and only 1 of them wasn't shaman
If you have Harrison, put him in. :p The game is all Shaman and Warriors right now. Warrior is probably the best Shaman counter.

Levi

Banned
Trying to use proper zoo deck, I was down to 19th from 14th.
Now I'm 17th using my old build x)

There's a lot to be said for using a deck you're familiar/comfortable with.

I think a "proper" zoo build has a higher potential, but if you're happy and having fun with your homebrew version, don't let anyone tell you you're doing it wrong.

bjaelke

By some distance the worst brawl we've had since it was introduced last Summer. Thought they wanted to improve the experience for new players.

Levi

Banned
By some distance the worst brawl we've had since it was introduced last Summer. Thought they wanted to improve the experience for new players.

Not every brawl has to be newbie friendly. If they have a good idea for a brawl, they should use it, not limit themselves in order to cater to free-to-players.

bjaelke

Not every brawl has to be newbie friendly. If they have a good idea for a brawl, they should use it, not limit themselves in order to cater to free-to-players.
They can make every card available for this type of Brawl to help new players. They've gone with the wrong solution here.

Dahbomb

First game me again a Paladin while I am playing Priest.

I play Dr Balanced, he plays Corehound (obviously new player). I BGH it then go face.

He Faceless' Dr Boom, I use BGH again on it... he quits the game LMAO!

Dahbomb

Guys if you played this Brawl before you already know what's good in this Brawl...

That's right... OG Miracoli Rogue. Get Gadgetan in opening hand and you win the game.

Levi

Banned
They can make every card available for this type of Brawl to help new players. They've gone with the wrong solution here.

Uh, no. I spent money and time to have the collection I have. Why should some freeloader have the same access to cards as I do?

My EU account is probably not going to be able to get a free pack this week, and that's fine.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I never play more games than necessary a brawl than to get my pack so that my mmr doesn't get out of hand when there decks aren't premade.

bjaelke

Uh, no. I spent money and time to have the collection I have. Why should some freeloader have the same access to cards as I do?

My EU account is probably not going to be able to get a free pack this week, and that's fine.
It's only temporary access. You still have your superior bought collection in constructed. Not like you're missing out on anything by granting other people access to more cards for a limited time period - exclusive to this one game mode.

Levi

Banned
I played three games, first game I won on turn one with Alexstraza into my opponent concession.

Game two a hunter played two five drops into Call of the Wild and I conceded.

Game 3 this stupid Priest drew played turn one Paletress into double Shadow Word Death and I conceded again.

And now I'm done with this brawl forever.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Won the first game I played against a warlock with my priest. Turn one nefarian into turn two mind control. Won on turn three.

Shinypogs

I got my win in early with zoo warlock and am now using the brawl to level hunter to 10 purely off of losses. Speaking of hunter, the rng of my free packs has decided I must have an eaglehorn bow and a gladiators longbow. I'm still trying to get the hang of when to go after minions and when to go for face with weapons plus just when to use weapons vs another minion in general. If I mostly want to focus on summoning and buffing beasts should I just not include the weapons at all when I finally get around to building a proper hunter deck?

Still hanging on around 15, mostly losing the small streaks I get to misplays.

But it feels good to still hang on in Ranked while doing daily challenges - I used to be too scared to even attempt that.

Top Bottom