• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Levi

Banned
My turn one: Varian into three 7+ mana legendaries.

My opponent: Storm wind Champion.

Me: concedes.

So I did my part to help a budget gamer get a pack.

Mulgrok

have a mage at lethal next turn and there is nothing he can do to stop it.

Mage plays yogg.

My board is wiped, he now has call of the wild and buffed yogg, double cabal for 6 more spells, and mulitple traps that put him out of lethal.

Fuck this card.

EDIT: I miss the days of Deathwing being a last chance of winning, but this new shit is stupid.

squidyj

play varian that pulls grom
grom gets mulched
mulch gives me shadowcaster
shadowcast varian
play 1/1 varian that pulls rag.

lol.

have a mage at lethal next turn and there is nothing he can do to stop it.

Mage plays yogg.

My board is wiped, he now has call of the wild and buffed yogg, double cabal for 6 more spells, and mulitple traps that put him out of lethal.

Fuck this card.

EDIT: I miss the days of Deathwing being a last chance of winning, but this new shit is stupid.

no see yogg is fine because #10manareasons It's not an aggro card so there can't be anything wrong with it, right?

squidyj

I originally started playing tempo warrior just to show it was good enough to climb with but I'm quite enjoying it now, there's a lot of knowing what you want out of your resources in this deck. If you fuck up you lose your board or you don't draw enough cards and you get pushed out of the game pretty quick.

fertygo

rich people brawl, won one never look back
I originally started playing tempo warrior just to show it was good enough to climb with but I'm quite enjoying it now, there's a lot of knowing what you want out of your resources in this deck. If you fuck up you lose your board or you don't draw enough cards and you get pushed out of the game pretty quick.

8100 dust so worth it, most fun deck that I played, I kinda iffy on Korkron tho, but I don't think he replaceable

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I love this Brawl. Miracle Stone Rogue putting in work! Auctioneer + Burgle is MVP followed closely by Summoning Stone + Assassinate. Sap is basically skip your enemies turn. People aren't running enough complete board clear removals. Tried Tempo Mage. Got boring quick. Gonna try Grinder Mage next.

Kangi

Count me as "despise this brawl".

But winning it gave me a double legendary pack, one of which was a golden Cairne Bloodhoof.

So. Maybe I love this brawl.

How do y'all do this I haven't opened a legendary since idk when, before Naxx. Since I didn't play but when I returned last summer and this spring I didn't get any legs either. None from GvG and none from OG. Nor any classic since.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Priest scum always hangs out in the 20-15 bracket. They should all die in a fire.

Scum? Shitting on priests is like playing Shaman on ladder, just too easy. Of course they are in the 20-15 bracket range. Their hero power is horrible and was invented for a type of game that doesn't exists, and they got maybe 1 good class card this expansion. Where else could they go? Why would anyone want them to die in a fire? Do you WANT all Shamans on the ladder? I really don't understand some posters in this thread sometimes. Might as well bring back the old Undertaker and SMOrc Hunter. Give everyone a real 4 mana 7/7 and add in more microtransactions too while you're at it.

Won my first brawl by just playing a bunch of minions, evolving and using Bloodlust before this mage could get all of their legendaries set up. Took that win and ran for it. Thanks for the free pack.

fertygo

Scum? Shitting on priests is like playing Shaman on ladder, just too easy. Of course they are in the 20-15 bracket range. Their hero power is horrible and was invented for a type of game that doesn't exists, and they got maybe 1 good class card this expansion. Where else could they go? Why would anyone want them to die in a fire? Do you WANT all Shamans on the ladder? I really don't understand some posters in this thread sometimes. Might as well bring back the old Undertaker and SMOrc Hunter. Give everyone a real 4 mana 7/7 and add in more microtransactions too while you're at it.

Tarazet been hating priest since BRM, chill brah

Tarazet

Because I play a lot of Warrior and I am sick and tired of Anduin shitting down my neck all the time. It's especially bad in this week's brawl. Of course if I switch to Rogue then I get nothing but Shaman and Zoo. Never lucky.

ZZMitch

Was struggling around rank 15 a few days ago and decided to switch to playing some zoo. Now I am 5 wins from Legend with about an 80% win rate.

Deck is pretty good.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Was struggling around rank 15 a few days ago and decided to switch to playing some zoo. Now I am 5 wins from Legend with about an 80% win rate.

Deck is pretty good.

I play zoo a decent amount and i am not 5 wins away from legend.

Don't discount your own skills just because you're using a powerful popular deck.

squidyj

Priest scum always hangs out in the 20-15 bracket. They should all die in a fire.

this is at rank 6. I've got odds on some streamer playing it in the last day or two and getting people all excited.

The thing I hate about priest is they're so reactive and they always have 'it'

"he had a pain, 2 deaths and 2 aoes, maybe he doesn't have entomb too"
has it

"boy it'd be nice if he didn't have pain"
has it

"he needs exactly auchenai circle to clean up my board"
has it

"I've seen one auchenai one flash heal and one alchemist already, he hasn't played particularly aggressively and he only has 3 cards in hand, it should be fine for me to drop low in order to take control of the board here"
fuck you.

EVERY FUCKING TIME.

Deck is pretty good.

Help a brother out with a deck list?

I'm stuck playing Hunter / Shaman for the most part, since I lack a bunch of solid class / neutral legendries.

Shinypogs

I just want priests to stop stealing all my stuff as a warlock. These are my minions and spells you filthy thieves. I'm sure your own stuff is just as good stop taking mine.

ZZMitch

I play zoo a decent amount and i am not 5 wins away from legend.

Don't discount your own skills just because you're using a powerful popular deck.

Yeah I am playing well with the deck for sure. I have over an 80% win-rate against other Warlock decks (mostly zoo) so it shows I do really well in the mirror. The key to winning with zoo (to me anyway) is the turn one play (I have spent too much time on turn 1 debating between Argent Squire vs. Possessed Villager vs. Flame Imp vs. Void Walker since it dictates the tempo of the whole match) + playing around board clears.

Help a brother out with a deck list?

I'm stuck playing Hunter / Shaman for the most part, since I lack a bunch of solid class / neutral legendries.

Here is what I am using right now:
ZOO_zpsw4whdpuc.png

If you don't have Leeroy you can try another Doomguard, or a Sea Giant (I recently dropped the Sea Giant in order to do better against cards like Hex and Deadly Shot). If you don't have Gormok you can try Dark Iron Dwarf (it may even be the better card but I haven't tested it yet).

Deck does really well against Hunter and Shaman because you generally out board control them and can kill them before they burn you out. You usually are able to rush down slower control decks before they take over the game (although be sure to play around board clears!). Priest and Warrior are the worst match ups, but if you play around board clears correctly you can still win. I actually have above a 50% win-rate against Warriors atm, although Priest is my only class below 50% win-rate. Crazed Alchemist is good against Doomsayer and other niche cards like Mana Tide Totem, as well as just general board control (trading up and stuff).

You know how people hate Aggro Shaman 'cos they're everywhere now that the deck is OP?

I just came across one... in the Brawl. He conceded, for what it's worth.

EDIT: Wow. Played 5 won 5 in this brawl. Was playing a paladin deck that I just stuffed all my big beefy minions in. Dropping Tirion, Ragnaros the Lightlord and N'Zoth on turns 1-3 is quite something.

this is at rank 6. I've got odds on some streamer playing it in the last day or two and getting people all excited.

The thing I hate about priest is they're so reactive and they always have 'it'

"he had a pain, 2 deaths and 2 aoes, maybe he doesn't have entomb too"
has it

"boy it'd be nice if he didn't have pain"
has it

"he needs exactly auchenai circle to clean up my board"
has it

"I've seen one auchenai one flash heal and one alchemist already, he hasn't played particularly aggressively and he only has 3 cards in hand, it should be fine for me to drop low in order to take control of the board here"
fuck you.

EVERY FUCKING TIME.

I had a game like this. Went Zoolock versus a Priest that did nothing the first few turns.

"Board clear Turn 5 right?"
*Excavated Evil*

*rebuilds board*
"He can't also have Holy Nova?"
*Holy Nova*

*rebuilds board*
"Surely he can't have the other one too?"
*Holy Nova*

*concede*

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
My turn one: Varian into three 7+ mana legendaries.
My opponent: Storm wind Champion.
Me: concedes.
So I did my part to help a budget gamer get a pack.
I concede when I'm testing new decks I made in casual. I don't need to deliver the finishing blow to figure out if it works or not. And honestly, people usually use casual to do quests. May as well help.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
My new favorite thing is getting an aggro shaman down to 2 and having explosive trap active. I guess your doomhammer with rockbiter isn't good anymore is it?

I was down to 4 too. It was quite awesome.

Shinypogs

Won a brawl due to pulling cthun first turn into my golden faceless behemoth turn two. It's almost as if the behemoth knew I am seriously contemplating dusting it because I really doubt I'll ever need or want it. Im sorry Shiny tentacle face bro but that performance only buys you a few more days of mercy not a guaranteed reprieve from death and rebirth as stuff I actually want.

KuroNeeko

#GORGE YOUR HATRED! EMBRACE YOUR RAGE!

so who has all the idiots playing nzoth control priest now?

It's barely a tier three deck. C'mon, son!

So all you gotta do is get above rank 15, mayne.

I'm sure your own stuff is just as good stop taking mine.

lol
Nope!

Join the worst class in the meta.

Do it!

Then experience the anxiety overthinking inducing matchup of Priest vs. Priest.

N'zoth vs. N'zoth is the craziest.
Just Shades for daaaays.

Levi

Banned
Had a Rogue daily on EU, decided to try it in brawl despite my shoddy collection. Won all three games easily on the back of sap, assassinate, Kvaldir Raider and Frost Elemental. Their big guys aren't that impressive if you can protect your raider while you hero power every turn. My first game I beat a wallet warrior who Alexstraza'd me turn one. I basically beat him with a Kvaldir Raider he couldn't remove. I would sap, assassinate, or freeze every legendary he played and keep hitting him with my rare card I'm protecting with freakin' Bog Creepers.

Shinypogs

#GORGE YOUR HATRED! EMBRACE YOUR RAGE!

It's barely a tier three deck. C'mon, son!

So all you gotta do is get above rank 15, mayne.

lol
Nope!

N'zoth vs. N'zoth is the craziest.
Just Shades for daaaays.

I've only been playing a little over a week I don't even have all the classes past 10 since I fell in love with zoolock and started hauling myself through ranked on the best newbie zoo deck I could throw togeather for no money. The only priest decks I see are c'thun decks or steal all my things decks. I don't even know what your guys normal minions are like, all I see are spells. Someday I will level priest to 10 for the all basic cards achievement and learn your secrets.

KuroNeeko

The thing that has surprised me the most about the new expansion is how much I've grown to like Mage.

Before, my favorite classes were Priest, Rogue, and Shaman--in that order. Now I think it's Priest, Rogue / Mage. A large part of this is due to cards like Cabalist Tomb, Frostcaller, and Yogg. They're just fun to play.

I think I like Priest less now than before, simply because of how reactive the class has become.

I LOVE Shifting Shade, but in the current meta it seems like spells like Circle of Healing are being used exclusively to clear the board, when before you could use it with Pyromancer / Cleric to draw cards or Blademaster for an early threat, or even Pyro / Holy Champion to create these very viable threats around turn four / five.

I like the deathrattle aspect and Museum Curator, but the class doesn't feel finished and it's infuriating when you read statements from the designers saying "Well, they have these core cards in their set that are really strong and not fun to play against so we don't know what to do." Fix the class then! Give them their own identity! It's not like anyone plays Mind Control these days. That leaves, what, CSP and Thoughtsteal? lol

Malice215

This must be one of the best brawls I've played. First it was fun and let me clear all 3 of my dailies quick for a grip of gold. Then the free pack blessed me with a Ragnaros that's about to get dusted. Then I used 100 gold to buy one pack and get blessed with the last old god that I was missing.

Praise RNGesus!

Dz8GWmR.png

Top Bottom