• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

squidyj

going second still kinda crappy isn't it?

even if tempo warrior not playing 1 drop, going first with waraxe still the dream

nah, going first would be worse
he can't play more than 1 mana on his turn 1, i can coin waraxe into his trogg then slam his golem.

If I had a ghoul in place of that frothing I'd be happy to go first though.

How the fuck do cards like Darkshire Councilman and Forbidden Ritual get made? Is it just sheer ineptitude or what?

Like I know Blizzard sucks ass at balancing their own game but come on.

Worked my way through 2 mind controls, entomb, lightbomb, 2 of the get minion from your deck, shadow word,... ij the brawl Feels good

4 out of 4 priests... This brawl really brings forth the cancer the class is (not the players)
Also interesting interaction. Dr. Bomb into Sacred Trial triggers the secret off the boom bots if there's another minion.

Ladekabel

Sometimes I really wonder why cards like Flamewreathed Faceless or Darkshire Councilman get made. Then I remember that Divine Favor still exists.

greepoman

So after a string of bad luck as control warrior I was going against a yogg druid and we were both out of cards and I play sylvannas just to have something on board and he proceeds to play yogg.

So yeah, never seen the sylvannas interaction with yogg ...it kills my sylvannas first thing and then proceeds to cast all the spells for me. Gave me a full board, full hand, and full tree of secrets...praise yogg!

Guess I'll quit while I'm ahead.

Darkshire Councilman is a cool idea. The implementation might need tweaking. I find that Forbidden Ritual is more problematic. Board clears are expensive and rare in this game, and most zoo players save the card for right after you clear their first board. Only Warriors and Paladins can deal with that.

Xanathus

Lifecoach showing an interesting tech choice of playing Finley in Miracle Rogue. It makes sense because without Blade Flurry it doesn't make sense to run more than 1 Deadly Poison, and you could just cut that out completely and run Finley instead to get a more useful hero power.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What would rogues change their hero power to, as a miracle player?

Xanathus

What would rogues change their hero power to, as a miracle player?

If you're not against aggro, Lifetap. If you're against Freeze Mage, Armor. Fireblast or Shapeshift are decent depending on situation. Totem is also situationally useful as Lifecoach demonstrated by trying to get a taunt totem.

edit: oh shit Firebat pointed out another big advantage of running Finley, if the opponent plays Desert Camel then you actually get a minion out whereas normally Rogues don't run any 1 mana minions

Celegus

Lifecoach showing an interesting tech choice of playing Finley in Miracle Rogue. It makes sense because without Blade Flurry it doesn't make sense to run more than 1 Deadly Poison, and you could just cut that out completely and run Finley instead to get a more useful hero power.
I've found poison to be largely useless in the miracle/malyrogue decks I use, haven't tried Finley as a replacement though.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I've found poison to be largely useless in the miracle/malyrogue decks I use, haven't tried Finley as a replacement though.

It seems like Deadly Poison is a lot less necessary these days with other 1 mana spells being around that are generally more useful. Especially with the prevalence of 4HP minions these days.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Turn one Majordomo

Play Rag in response

50/50 oh god please hit the majordomo

Opp turns into rag

Hero power 50/50 hits my rag :(

I wanted a good clean win

Not a fun one to have the 5 Tavern brawl wins on

Apathy

Playing agaisnt priests is no fun. The class design is completely stupid, getting all your cards stolen, having 30 cards to play vs 35-40 card class is dumb as fuck.

I thought I hated shaman most, but I would rather play shamans than priests, and that's saying a lot.

Worst part is all I see is priests as I'm climbing.

Like i'm up to 7 priests in a row right now, this is stupid

Good
giphy.gif

Had my win streak in ranked stopped by a disconnect. Had board against a control warrior and I reconnect to see I missed a turn and he has a buffed Frothing out.

Next game was against a Hunter whose Ram Wrangler gave him The Beast. Facing lethal, I coin out Call of the Win for the victory.

clav

Playing agaisnt priests is no fun. The class design is completely stupid, getting all your cards stolen, having 30 cards to play vs 35-40 card class is dumb as fuck.

I thought I hated shaman most, but I would rather play shamans than priests, and that's saying a lot.

Seems so bizarre to see this considering the user name.

fertygo

Only Player that playing something that started with "P" complaining about Priest

all that said I rather face Shaman too, ez farm

patchday

Man wish I started doing Brawls sooner. I didnt know they gave a free card pack til last week when I did my first Brawl :(

And its tons of fun.

KuroNeeko

"Let me change your mind!"

Out of 36 games in ranked this season so far (since I started keeping track,) I've played against Priest six times. Looks like the second or third most common class behind Warrior. I think C'thun is probably the most common, followed by classic Control and then N'zoth.

I've been seeing very little Rogue, Paladin, and Hunter.

I usually play Priest and it tends to do well against most variants of Warrior, so there isn't much incentive for me to change, though I have been playing with Tempo Mage and some N'zoth Rogue as well.

On average, I'd say that Tempo Mage is slightly stronger against a greater range of classes, but the match-ups where (N'zoth) Priest is better are significantly easier than trying to do them with Tempo.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Playing Ramp Druid to complete quests.
Oh shit it's an Aggro Warrior!
Coin Standard Growth.
Draw Raven Idol and get Astral Communion.
Next Turn play Astral Communion.
Top deck Nourish into Druid of the Claw.
Keep topdecking every single one of my big minions because I had Astral'd basically my entire early game.
Sometimes lucky.

Levi

Banned
KuvJNxV.png

This is the control mage I've been playing on EU lately. Tons of fun. I wish a non-Freeze Control Mage was more viable on ranked. I love the Mage class, but I don't care for Tempo Mage or Freeze Mage. This deck isn't great for climbing but when it works, man, those games are amazing.

Tarazet

Levi - what's with running Cult Sorcerer without C'Thun? Not that it's a bad minion, just wondering what your thought process is here.

IceMarker

Playing Ramp Druid to complete quests.
Oh shit it's an Aggro Warrior!
Coin Standard Growth.
Draw Raven Idol and get Astral Communion.
Next Turn play Astral Communion.
Top deck Nourish into Druid of the Claw.
Keep topdecking every single one of my big minions because I had Astral'd basically my entire early game.
Sometimes lucky.

I had turn 4 Fandral -> Innervate x2 -> Coin -> Nourish -> Wrath on a 4 HP minion once, felt good man.

Levi

Banned
Levi - what's with running Cult Sorcerer without C'Thun? Not that it's a bad minion, just wondering what your thought process is here.

Well, my EU collection is very limited, so the fact that it's an inexpensive +1 spell power attached to an okay minion makes it one of my better options. It's decent early, very good late game when used alongside a frostbolt, fireball or flamestrike.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

As a vanilla spellpower minion she's pound-for-pound the best in the game for her cost. The only spellpower minions that are even comparable at cost are Thalnos and Azure Drake and that's because they have draw attached. Her C'Thun text is completely irrelevant.

Top Bottom