• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

I am not upset at all. Just think the card emphasizes the part of the game I hate the most. I dread the day my opponent plays this card with 1 HP and I get pyro'd to death from full health. Adding more insane random effects is not the direction I want the game to go in.

I appreciate that the card is madness inducing. I just wish the madness wasn't in the player, but rather in the game.

EDIT: I take it all back. I want to see him Atral Communion my opponent now.

That's fair. I know the whole RNG aspect of the game is a rough subject for a lot players.

It will be really annoying if Yogg-Saron becomes popular and you have to worry about random shit happening sometime on ten mana eventually.

I don't feel he'll be that popular though.

Apathy

I am not upset at all. Just think the card emphasizes the part of the game I hate the most. I dread the day my opponent plays this card with 1 HP and I get pyro'd to death from full health. Adding more insane random effects is not the direction I want the game to go in.

I appreciate that the card is madness inducing. I just wish the madness wasn't in the player, but rather in the game.

EDIT: I take it all back. I want to see him Atral Communion my opponent now.

To me casting random spells isn't madness. Mind control or confuse are madness. Hell imagine if yogg could come down and give every other minion that thing the ogres have that make them have a chance to hit the wrong target + switching their attack and health. Or what if it changed the attack and health of all other minions at the start of every turn at random.

greepoman

Won't see much regular play besides troll decks but could actually see tournament play if someone gets it off golden monkey. I'd imagine you'd throw it out when it looks like you're going to lose the next turn.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Brann Conceal Eviscerate Eviscerate Sinister Strike, next turn Yogg Saron for ALL THE SPELLS.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
To me casting random spells isn't madness. Mind control or confuse are madness. Hell imagine if yogg could come down and give every other minion that thing the ogres have that make them have a chance to hit the wrong target + switching their attack and health. Or what if it changed the attack and health of all other minions at the start of every turn at random.

I agree. The current card only causes madness in that its effects will probably make you mad at it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I can't wait until the day Reynad is playing in wild and somebody unstable portals into Yogg-Saron to win the game.

lmao at Yogg-Saron.

Haha what? That effect is ridiculous.

It isn't really lore related (sadly). Yogg-Saron was one of the coolest raid encounters with really unique mechanics. This seems like a weird pile of stats (7/5 for 10 is Not Great) with an effect that is so unpredictable that there's no way to make it effective as it is equally likely to hurt you as help. Looks like a legendary to dust.

It's kind of lore related because its a crazy and INSANE effect I guess

georly

They took like a month to fix the raptor bug, Yogg-Saron is an accident waiting to happen

Yeah, he must have been fun to code, since there are tons of spells that may not be castable, like execute/sap/shadowstep/etc on an empty board, cleave/forked lightning which requires 2 enemy minions.

Like, does it queue up a spell, gets to that spell, if it's invalid, plays another, or did that 'count' as the spell and you just get a whiff?

Yogg is the ultimate Trolden card. The chance for fuckery is ENDLESS.

Mindgames -> Auchenai then Tree of Life.

Triple Pyroblast to the face.

Elemental Destruction twice, killing Yogg-Saron and overloading all your mana crystals.

Apathy

I want to see the moments where you tie because of yogg. the game should end after he is finished doing his spells right? so there could be instances where he will kill both players off before his casting is done and therefor call a tie.

gutshot

Yeah, he must have been fun to code, since there are tons of spells that may not be castable, like execute/sap/shadowstep/etc on an empty board, cleave/forked lightning which requires 2 enemy minions.

Like, does it queue up a spell, gets to that spell, if it's invalid, plays another, or did that 'count' as the spell and you just get a whiff?

The spell would count but it would be a whiff.

https://twitter.com/PlayHearthstone/status/718126188678479872

lmao at Yogg-Saron.

It's kind of lore related because its a crazy and INSANE effect I guess

I've kind of defended the card effect but it really only encapsulates madness, not the fight itself.

Like, it would of been sweet to have something where Yogg-Saron is a 5/7 with Taunt that has some effect that stops him from dying(Think Commanding Shout.) Then also spawn a 0/8 Brain that keeps that effect going. Something like that is more like the raid encounter.

Something like that would be awesome for a minion card.

Edit: I just really enjoy that just about anything can happen.

Sheroking

I get that people hate RNG, but there's good RNG and there's bad RNG. If the card is fun, like Unstable Portal, I like it. If it's boring and punishing, like Knife Juggler, I hate it.

Yogg-Saron isn't good enough to be a problem, but it's going to be exciting when he is played. I'm thinking of playing a spell heavy control priest with him for funsies.

bjaelke

The fact that the official Hearthstone Twitter account is still spewing out what I assume are genuine rules is pretty absurd. Probably caught themself by surprise the first time they played it.

Yogg-Saron has to be the card with the most interactions. It doesn't work with these, doesn't give you this, can't do this, but this will work etc etc etc

There are currently no spells that trigger at the end of your turn, right?

Also, I wonder if Yogg'Saron has an increased chance to cast DOOM! since, you know, he's on the card?

1516172_463499927175930_199172727_n.jpg

Should make him Immune to it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This makes no god damn sense....

The implication is that Yoggy casts the spells, not you. So your stuff doesn't get triggered because you're not casting a spell, but you also don't get overload.

Now, it'll be interesting to see if Innervate works or not given this context.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Do the troggs trigger then?

I guess for all purposes, his battle cry is to make random spell-like effects happen, but they don't qualify as spells for anything else.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Don't play Yogg Saron in your Jaraxxsus deck.

You're gonna be mad salty when he casts sac pact.

Malice215

I now see what Blizzard was talking about. Yogg-Saron is so crazy that I want to craft one. Hopefully I get one out of these pre-order packs. Who needs to pray to RNGesus when you have this.

So decks where Yogg could legitimately work would be along the lines of what, control Warrior, control Priest, grinder/Reno Mage? Probably late game oriented Rogue decks as well.

Fishlake

I wonder what the chances are your opponent will have a board after that. It seems incredibly powerful at first glance and definitely the god with the most potential and potential backfire you could keep playing if you are lucky and get nourishes or innervates. I think this will be seen as the new unstable portal.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So decks where Yogg could legitimately work would be along the lines of what, control Warrior, control Priest, grinder/Reno Mage? Probably late game oriented Rogue decks as well.

I can't see him working in a real deck, but if you want a gimmick deck, a Freeze Mage that runs Bolf Ramshield should work. Usually a minion's death isn't processed until after a battle cry resolves, and Bolf will continue to tank damage until the death event is processed. So you stall out the game for a long time, one turn you do Frost Nova Bolf, then the next turn you play Yogg and watch the fireworks fly. But he may just die after each "spell" finishes.

I think the most likely time to see him played is that the Golden Monkey generating Yogg. If its in a Elise Warrior deck, the thing should proc a shit ton of stuff.

bjaelke

Hearthstone @PlayHearthstone

.@gamingdude295 You will see each of the spells cast by Yogg in order, and they will also appear in the game history under Yogg's entry.

My phone is going to melt by the end of my turn.
Don't play Yogg Saron in your Jaraxxsus deck.

You're gonna be mad salty when he casts sac pact.

77053-Im-not-even-mad-thats-amazing-X713.gif

Top Bottom