• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Levi

Banned
I also have a golden Wilfred, the only TGT legendary I pulled golden. I tried to make him work in a handlock deck--once in a while he was game willing but usually he had either no impact or a negative impact on the game-state.

This morning someone added me to rage and call me a pay-to-win asshole. Surprisingly I wasn't playing my warrior list, but a midrange Shaman with 2 legendaries and I think one epic. I guess Al'Akir is OPEE OPEE.

Apathy

If new deathwing is a class legendary, it'll be mage, hunter, warrior, druid. Which one of those would a dragon fit best in?

I would say definitely not hunter, with more leaning to warrior.

Also, would have loved if he were naltharion the earth warden rather than deathwing

FeD.nL

Very likely that it's either a Dragon or a Dragon synergy spell, it doesn't look like Corrupted Deathwing or something so I'm thinking some kind of spell.

But it has to be Deathwing if it is a dragon. Though the spell thing could happen.

DMDQ16X.jpg

If new deathwing is a class legendary, it'll be mage, hunter, warrior, druid. Which one of those would a dragon fit best in?

I would say definitely not hunter, with more leaning to warrior.

Also, would have loved if he were naltharion the earth warden rather than deathwing

Yeah warrior seems like the safest bet should it be a class legendary. Though Mage might happen since Kibler loves his Dragon Mage.

Apathy

But it has to be Deathwing if it is a dragon. Though the spell thing could happen.

DMDQ16X.jpg

Yeah warrior seems like the safest bet should it be a class legendary. Though Mage might happen since Kibler loves his Dragon Mage.

I would imagine that if it were a mage dragon it would be from the blue dragonflight, someone like Kalecgos, specially with his background with jaina. Maybe I shouldn't true to lore fact hearthstone though.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
While a spell sounds the most plausible, it could be an uncorrupted card a la Ragnaros and thus Neltharion.

He looks a bit uh... corrupted-ish though. That looks like Wyrmrest as well.

clav

Anyway, I love watching Kripp get salty when he's doing poorly in arena. He just went 3-3 and yeah, some pretty crazy decks, but something about the absurdity of it makes me giggle so much. He does well most of the time, so it's kinda refreshing when RNG is particularly not in his favor.

These past few weeks have been hilarious watching Hearthstone arena players crying over the game.

I didn't understand why people watched Kripp before until recently. Absolutely gets me laughing.

Apathy

While a spell sounds the most plausible, it could be an uncorrupted card a la Ragnaros and thus Neltharion.

He looks a bit uh... corrupted-ish though. That looks like Wyrmrest as well.

Oh that art is 100% deathwing, at times end no less (although not impaled)

manhack

To play devil's advocate -

Is 4/4 that bad for a 6 mana minion with a killer effect?
If you draw just one card (like Jaraxxus) that's 6+ mana, and helps set up a killer turn down the line that wouldn't have been possible, even with a few Emperor ticks, isn't that worth considering? (I get that that's a big gamble)
Also, is Inspire really that dismissed? If the effect is solid, like with Murloc Knight, isn't it great? Snowballs so nicely.

(I'm a little bitter and biased because I got a golden Wilfred from my initial TGT packs and loved the animation. lol)

In a world where Mysterious Challenger is a 6/6 and an epic, yes Wilfred and sadly Mistcaller just don't cut the mustard in the current meta. You can certainly put Wilfred in a slower warlock deck and once in a blue moon you will get something cool, but right now you can't afford to spend 8 mana (6 mana + tap) putting down a 4/4 and potentially doing nothing if the card you draw is unplayable.

Apathy

Inspire would be good if the turn you played an inspire minion you got to hero power for free. But then a lot of them would be busted.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Inspire would be good if the turn you played an inspire minion you got to hero power for free. But then a lot of them would be busted.

Just play Fencing Coach. The pros said the card would be crazy before TGT came out, so it must be good!

Oscar

I'm getting starched in the ladder as Mid Range Druid this season. I must be doing something wrong unless TempoStorm is trolling with their Meta Snapshot.

I destroy with Control/Patron Warrior and Zoo, but I can't seem to win with Mid Range Druid unless I get a godly opening hand and follow up draws.

Dahbomb

How exciting. A weak Haunted Creeper replacement.
It's a one mana card and Haunted Creeper was stupid.

This card is redundant though. Yet another 1 drop card for Warlock. They already have two of the best ones in the game. This one does have Zoo synergy at least.

God damn Blizzard just nerf Warlock's hero power already so we don't have to deal with mediocre cards anymore.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
That's probably okay if you need sticky minions for Abusive Sergeant, Dire Wolf, Power Overwhelming, etc.

But how many things are going in the one spot for zoo? I'm assuming you're not removing Flame Imp unless face damage becomes a real issue.

Isn't Argent Squire better in most instances?

Maybe. Synergizes better with Power Overwhelming. Guess Argent Squire is better with Argus though.

Might just run both considering some of the stuff that's being rotated out. Especially since Sea Giant Zoo seems to be the way to go now, assuming Sea Giant doesn't get nerfed.

Apathy

beast of the shadow, may be a demon

Probably, like i said earlier, if you want to common sense the thing, from name it's possessed, a demon (or ghost) can possess a person, so it would pop out if killed.

If it is a demon, then the synergy does toss it up further than squire i would say

BTW, I love the art on the card. It has that lighthearted horror humour (kinda like blood of the ancient one). The ancient one art does not seem to fit too well into wow. It's more like an artist rendition of Cthulhu

just like a lot of other things, replacing exiting cards with less powerful ones
It's not an issue of power. It's a matter of how interesting the ideas are. How many cards so far are actually exciting and motivate people to play?

These reveals are really making Standard look dull.

It's a one mana card and Haunted Creeper was stupid.

This card is redundant though. Yet another 1 drop card for Warlock. They already have two of the best ones in the game. This one does have Zoo synergy at least.

God damn Blizzard just nerf Warlock's hero power already so we don't have to deal with mediocre cards anymore.
Haunted Creeper is around what I feel a 2-drop should be, along with Flame Juggler, Dark Peddler, etc.

Dahbomb

Dark Peddler is a class card and thus is well above the power curve. Class cards are supposed to be better, it's why a Shaman Master of Evolution is fine but a neutral card like that would be stupid.

Flame Juggler is right on the power curve.

Haunted Creeper is over powered because of how difficult it is to clear. It's 3 bodies in one and enables win more decks/classes/cards to steamroller out of control. It's an impossible to punish card just like Minibot and Mad Scientist. The beast tag also puts it over the top in Hunter decks.

Sheroking

Creeper is one of the prime examples of undercosted, sticky minions that pushed the game in a horrid direction starting with Naxx. It's WAY better than Flame Juggler - it's not even close.

The new minion actually gives Zoo a card that survives a board clear but doesn't allow them to retain a huge board. It was kind of stupid when your board clear was useless against 2 and 3 drops because Nerubian Egg and Haunted Creeper were there. It's too difficult to play around them.

The stupidest boards are the ones that only get stronger when you use a board clear.

"Oh I could Flamestrike but then he gets 2 Nerubians and a bunch of spiders so no thanks."

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The stupidest boards are the ones that only get stronger when you use a board clear.

"Oh I could Flamestrike but then he gets 2 Nerubians and a bunch of spiders so no thanks."

At the very least, this doesn't get stronger, it just doesn't change.

Unless its a demon, then there is a chance a warlock could buff it.

manhack

I think BIizzard mentioned putting sticky minions in place because players were frustrated by efficient board clears also being too powerful.

In theory Nerubian egg and Haunted Creeper sacrifice tempo now for tempo later, but certain buff decks were able to push that synergy too far and allow for boards that were almost impossible to clear without the perfect hand.

Piloted shredder is just insane due to the variance that was generally ok or insane, but with the rare chance of losing you the game.

But this is the kind of deathrattle I'm OK with. Consistent result and doesn't multiply the power on the board with wacky RNG.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
I think BIizzard mentioned putting sticky minions in place because players were frustrated by efficient board clears also being too powerful.

If you are going to have powerful answers to giant minions like Big Game Hunter, Polymorph, Hex, and Shadow Word: Death, you also have to have powerful answers to decks that flood the board with cheap minions. That's balance.

But that's the exact reason Nerubian Egg exists. It's to protect your board from total wipes. What's stupid is a game where Flamestrike never has negative consequences.

Top Bottom