• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT6| C'THUN for President! Why pick the lesser evil?

Dahbomb

Crackle was always bad. It was bad in Mech Mage, it's bad MalyShaman and it's bad in Aggro Shaman.

And I mean bad as in bad design. Card is strong in terms of average power level.

The card represents 3 main things wrong with the class. Too much burst, overload and too much RNG.

Tarazet

Crackle was always bad. It was bad in Mech Mage, it's bad MalyShaman and it's bad in Aggro Shaman.

And I mean bad as in bad design. Card is strong in terms of average power level.

The card represents 3 main things wrong with the class. Too much burst, overload and too much RNG.

And we all know the real tipping point was LoE, which brought both Trogg Rule and Ancestral Knowledge, which are properly ridiculously powerful. Trogg is pre-nerf Undertaker levels of mandatory. It also brought Jeweled Scarab, which I think will become a key part of a Control Shaman playstyle.

Tarazet

Ancestral Knowledge is "ridiculously" powerful?

For an aggro deck to be able to fish for 2 cards to piece together lethal, with 2 mana? No other class can do that.

And I forgot about Murgle Hat, who benefits Shaman the most since he has the worst hero power.

For an aggro deck to be able to fish for 2 cards to piece together lethal, with 2 mana? No other class can do that.

And I forgot about Murgle Hat, who benefits Shaman the most since he has the worst hero power.
A card benefiting a class the most because it is the worst at something isn't much of an argument.

Every hero has card draw options like that.

I remember arguing that ancestral knowledge wasn't bad, while people were saying it was terrible.
thinking.gif

Mulgrok

My totem shaman deck is faring much better than my crappy deathrattle deck.
On a 6 win streak and rank 13 now, wee

EDIT: totemic might has really screwed with people expecting to easy board clear me totems.

I've been wondering: to use MTG language WotOG is a very Timmy set.

I know Johnny in Hearthstone would be a bunch of interesting cards but what the hell does a Spike set look like?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I've been wondering: to use MTG language WotOG is a very Timmy set.

I know Johnny in Hearthstone would be a bunch of interesting cards but what the hell does a Spike set look like?

Naxx, GvG.

fertygo

Kripp has Paladin draft where he had 2 Murloc Knight and Coghammer, and he rekting peep

this frigging class man

I mention this cause you usually face like 3-5 deck like that too at arena and that's BS

I hate that Well Met dude

Danj

EDIT: totemic might has really screwed with people expecting to easy board clear me totems.

I'll give this a shot, I'm kinda bored of smorc paladin right now.

EDIT: not a great start, ran into a Mal'Ganis warlock :/

IvorB

Got some really good cards yesterday. Got 300 gold from a hidden quest and then managed to clear quite a bit doing daily quests. So I bought a couple of packs and got some legendary, rare and just generally useful cards. This game is quite addictive.

Apathy

People don't respect totems enough.

Nvm

fertygo

Goddammit last 20 or so pack that I opened been total crap

What the hell Blizz my library still quite shite, I still lacking Rare or even Common that I can use.. like where the hell Auchenai or frigging Doomguard or Sunfury

No way this can convince me buying pack with real money if I get shit like these

bakeray

I'm sure you guys probably know about this already, but if you're on android you can sign up for Google Opinion Rewards and take surveys for cash. Works well if you travel a decent amount. You get between .10-.50 per survey normally. Been using this to supplement my arena runs.

this is why i partly don't feel so bad about being terrible at arena.

Peléo

I´ve played a bit with this deck in the past, it is really fun to play. I runned a jankier list though, with Mukla Champion and Maiden of the Lake. Do you really need the Chows for early game? I thought Trogg + Stormforged + Totem Golem + Creeper were enough to control. I would suggest cutting a Chow for Brann.

Apathy

Goddammit last 20 or so pack that I opened been total crap

What the hell Blizz my library still quite shite, I still lacking Rare or even Common that I can use.. like where the hell Auchenai or frigging Doomguard or Sunfury

No way this can convince me buying pack with real money if I get shit like these

Just disenchant some of the shit you don't want and craft the ones you do.

Ladekabel

These Renolocks. They tap and tap and tap thinking they are safe because they don't expect the fatigue. Had to learn it the hard way, too.

And I'm on a win streak with Malylock. Dealing 20+ damage from hand probably isn't fun and interactive for my opponent but it sure as hell is fun for me.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
What do you guys think will replace Loatheb as the standard 5 drop neutral legendary?

I was thinking the best candidate atm would be Saraad possibly.

This is kind of the question that misses the point as to why Loatheb was such a popular card. The fact that he was a 5 drop legendary had very little to do with why he was so popular. He was a very powerful card that did a certain thing that won't be in the game anymore.

People won't just swap Loatheb for Saraad in all of the decks that Loatheb was in. Saraad doesn't protect your board from a board clear. Saraad doesn't stall Freeze Mage or Miracle Rogue for a full turn. You can't just play Saraad on Turn 5 and be happy about it in any other case. Loatheb does all of these things and until there's another card that does he won't be replaced. If some other 5 drop neutral legendary becomes popular it likely won't be run for the same reasons Loatheb was run.

bunbun777

I really hope standard works for whomever thinks they need it and I will definitely give it a shot but the thing is... I'm wild at heart.

Apathy

Rogue has Deadly Poison/Eviscerate/Backstabbing weapon and Priest has Shadow Word Pain.

Paladin lacks early game removal and all they have are 2 damage hits (Seal of Light and Argent Lance). So they struggle a bit against 2/3 minions, even 1/3 minions.

He said damage not outright kill a small minion.

Apathy

I guess but I would like it if both Paladins and Warlocks had a cheap, non drawback way to deal with a 2/3 minion.

But again, that's not what hes asking. Hes asking for 3 damage, a much different thing. 3 damage can be pumped into another minion to kill it and not restricted to low damage minions

I guess but I would like it if both Paladins and Warlocks had a cheap, non drawback way to deal with a 2/3 minion.
There might be a reason why they won't give Paladins that 3 damage for cheap, maybe has something to do with the High amount of ridiculous cards they've had since GvG. Maybe because they already have a lot of ways to deal with threats.

I'm sure it's not a coincidence that their 3 damage spell costs 4 and they didn't get a cheaper one.

Owzers

It pains me to craft two feral spirits, all the classic packs i've gotten over the past six months and not a single one.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Light's Justice and Seal of Light!
Shame it's going away with GVG though.

I really wish Paladins had more Seal cards though. It's, or at least was, a big part of playing the class in WoW.

Agreed. Just because Seal of Light isn't very good, it shouldn't stop them from making other Seals. I'm sure there are some cool card ideas in there somewhere

Tarazet

I get Black Knight from Unstable Portal
My opponent plays an Earth Elemental

EleGiggle

It seems like they've got to be behind the scenes somewhere. I had a 9/1 and a 5/1 against an empty board.. opponent gets a Dread Infernal. What are the odds of drawing exactly the answer you need out of every minion in the catalogue? Won the game for him instantly.

Of course I had a game where I was able to play Ogre Brute, Scarlet Crusader, and Fierce Monkey by turn 3. Hard to come back from that.

Peléo

It seems like they've got to be behind the scenes somewhere. I had a 9/1 and a 5/1 against an empty board.. opponent gets a Dread Infernal. What are the odds of drawing exactly the answer you need out of every minion in the catalogue? Won the game for him instantly.

There are actually a few number of minions that would kill your board in the situation you mentioned: Dread Infernal, Baron Geddon, Al´Akir, Eadric the Pure, Madder Bomber, Mad Bomber, DreadScale, And this are the ones that instantly deal with it, if we could extend a bit more we would have, Belcher, Ghoul, Pyromancer, Saraad into a number of spells, Mogor the Ogre Champion, Chillmaw among others.

Danj

I'm sure you guys probably know about this already, but if you're on android you can sign up for Google Opinion Rewards and take surveys for cash. Works well if you travel a decent amount. You get between .10-.50 per survey normally. Been using this to supplement my arena runs.

this is why i partly don't feel so bad about being terrible at arena.

Over the course of about 2 weeks I got enough money from this to afford 2 packs already, so it's pretty good.

Ladekabel

I get Black Knight from Unstable Portal
My opponent plays an Earth Elemental

EleGiggle

Getting god-like rng from Portal is one thing I'm going to miss in standard. I don't even care if it was me or my opponent getting exactly the card needed in the situation. It always had something hilarious for me.

Danj

3-7 after 10 games, somehow I don't think Mulgrok's totem deck is the one for me. Back to paladin smorc I guess.

Lumine

Last night I achieved my single greatest accomplishment in Hearthstone yet. For the very first time I actually managed to build V-07-TR-0N! And it was in Arena! I played Rogue (10 wins) and got it from a Gorillabot. Even my opponent was impressed as he kept spamming "well played". :p

Mulgrok

Peléo;200547798 said:
I´ve played a bit with this deck in the past, it is really fun to play. I runned a jankier list though, with Mukla Champion and Maiden of the Lake. Do you really need the Chows for early game? I thought Trogg + Stormforged + Totem Golem + Creeper were enough to control. I would suggest cutting a Chow for Brann.

I put them in because of the hyper aggro decks I have been facing. If I don't have a card to play on turn 1 the game is over before it starts.

Tarazet

Peléo;200559996 said:
There are actually a few number of minions that would kill your board in the situation you mentioned: Dread Infernal, Baron Geddon, Al´Akir, Eadric the Pure, Madder Bomber, Mad Bomber, DreadScale, And this are the ones that instantly deal with it, if we could extend a bit more we would have, Belcher, Ghoul, Pyromancer, Saraad into a number of spells, Mogor the Ogre Champion, Chillmaw among others.

We were both topdecking, so Dread Infernal was the strongest thing he possibly could have gotten out of that portal. Of course everything is fucking random so I couldn't be too salty, the guy had nothing to do with it.

Top Bottom