• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
I decided what card I wanted from Karazhan.

Warrior should have gotten Ivory Knight.

Except I'd make it Discover a Minion / Gain Armor equal to the mana cost of that minion. That would be a worthy replacement for Shield Maiden. Health gain plus card advantage is something that Control Warrior could really use.

Paladin can have Fool's Bane in exchange.

Dahbomb

Thanks for reminding me that card existed.

The gall of Blizzard to release that card in the same class, same rarity and same mana cost as god damn Call of the Wild... smh.

patchday

I'm so baffled you guys are much higher then me. Granted stuck at work right now and not much time to play. But I'm probably using similar / identical decks

It must be all in my mind?! Need to get my mind right lol and make better plays. even w/friends watching over my shoulder coaching me I lose lol

(I'm referring to my horrible tilt last night; did great this morning but had to go to work)

bjaelke

cQsfvCH.png

Except I'd make it Discover a Minion / Gain Armor equal to the mana cost of that minion. That would be a worthy replacement for Shield Maiden. Health gain plus card advantage is something that Control Warrior could really use.

Ivory knight is balanced around heal and the fact that it's spell only... you're not asking for ivory knight, you're asking for a different card that is much much stronger.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Not sure about what rank it would get you two but 2 Highmanes and 2 CotW is always better than 1. I'm probably gonna give in and play some hunter to climb because as much as I love playing priest, it's just such a pile of ass compared to other classes.

Yeah, I've been stuck between rank 20 and 17 playing priest since the last wing dropped, and then I got a hunter win quest and rode the win streak from 19 to 16 in like an hour an a half

cHinzo

Nah, Paladin should have gotten the Druid portal instead.

And lol @ combining the pally and priest hero power in a card...

I'm so baffled you guys are much higher then me. Granted stuck at work right now and not much time to play. But I'm probably using similar / identical decks

It must be all in my mind?! Need to get my mind right lol and make better plays. even w/friends watching over my shoulder coaching me I lose lol

(I'm referring to my horrible tilt last night; did great this morning but had to go to work)

Last month my win rate with Zoolock was slightly over 50%, and with Hunter it was around 60%. I would win 2 and then lose 1, preventing me from getting a win streak going. I am a pretty average player too.

With a >50% win rate you'll climb eventually, but I think having the time to play that many games is the biggest challenge.

Took another shot at making custom cards. Too OP? Maybe 3 mana might be more balanced...

mKitYia.jpg

Yes, that's OP as hell. Late game, you can flood the board with 1/1s and heal for up to 10 every single turn. It gets completely busted with Brann combos and Light Warden/Holy Champion and Knife Juggler.

V-Faction

Took another shot at making custom cards. Too OP? Maybe 3 mana might be more balanced...

mKitYia.jpg

Nah, Paladin should have gotten the Druid portal instead.

And lol @ combining the pally and priest hero power in a card...

It's not the Priest hero power. Priest Hero Power can heal any target. This looks to be balanced around healing your hero only.

My opinion: The only worry here is the supposed infinite value out of a low-cost minion. The cards that have the potential to be infinite (Skeleton Knight, Anub'arak) are mid-to-high mana. The only conditional to get back your Mirror Priest is to play it, which is why I guess it has to be so low impact (1/1 that heals your hero only). Maybe make it heal only 1 Health? Then again, it IS a class card.

inky

Well, had a 7 wins quest and 2xWarlock 60 g quests and did them all in brawl. It was much easier than I expected.

Funnily enough I got Renounce Darkness twice, one into Warrior that gave me a Varian that pulled Rhonin, :lol. Those were the easiest.

Shinypogs

Hunter/druid works well in the brawl. Hunter/priest did not go as planned and hunter/warrior was cool. Gonna work my way through all the combos possible this brawl til i get a win with each as a challenge.

Fuck the neutral cards in this though, they are often dead weight in my hands.

Xanathus

Optimally speaking the best class for the brawl is Warlock since it has the best hero power to smooth out unused mana, but since it's random cards then RNG has the biggest impact.

Levi

Banned
Ivory knight is balanced around heal and the fact that it's spell only... you're not asking for ivory knight, you're asking for a different card that is much much stronger.

Well, Ivory Knight is pretty damn OP as is, but sure, I'll take a spell instead of a minion. Warrior gets Armor, though, that is its class identity. Paladin gets heal, that is its identity.

Warrior has some pretty bad spells, but I guess even an extra Revenge might be good. A third execute would be awesome even if the armor gain was minimal. Getting a brawl vs a midrange deck? Exquisite. I'm salivating. Paladin gets life gain and card advantage, while Warrior gets Life Gain and a random 4-drop (and most 4-drops are bad. I got a 2/2 in my last game, that was fun.)

Doesn't matter, since it'll never happen. I'm still sad looking at all these rad class cards the other classes got.

Oh well, I guess once Bash and Justicar rotate Ironforge will probably make the cut.

I'm still trying to make the Portal work. Using it in my Nzoth Control Warrior instead of Harrison (not seeing a lot of Doomhammer at this point in the season) and it's okay. The minions are almost always terrible. The best one I've gotten yet is the Tournament Medic, mostly because the midrange Hunter deck I was facing decided to put 8 damage into it to prevent me healing for 4 every turn. (Hadn't drawn Justicar yet.)

Funny story, I updated my N'zoth deck today to try and lower the curve a bit to help with all the tempo decks, and I somehow ended up taking out one of my executes. Had this long, epic game vs a Reno / C'thun / N'zoth Rogue and I waited all game for my second execute to take out his last threat (C'thun) and win the game. I never drew it and had to concede realizing I fucked up in the deckbuilding screen. That was frustrating, since I outlasted him playing 3 Renos and N'zoth and all I had to do was remove C'thun and win. FML.

Well, Ivory Knight is pretty damn OP as is, but sure, I'll take a spell instead of a minion. Warrior gets Armor, though, that is its class identity. Paladin gets heal, that is its identity.

Warrior has some pretty bad spells, but I guess even an extra Revenge might be good. A third execute would be awesome even if the armor gain was minimal. Getting a brawl vs a midrange deck? Exquisite. I'm salivating. Paladin gets life gain and card advantage, while Warrior gets Life Gain and a random 4-drop (and most 4-drops are bad. I got a 2/2 in my last game, that was fun.)

Doesn't matter, since it'll never happen. I'm still sad looking at all these rad class cards the other classes got.

Oh well, I guess once Bash and Justicar rotate Ironforge will probably make the cut.

I'm still trying to make the Portal work. Using it in my Nzoth Control Warrior instead of Harrison (not seeing a lot of Doomhammer at this point in the season) and it's okay. The minions are almost always terrible. The best one I've gotten yet is the Tournament Medic, mostly because the midrange Hunter deck I was facing decided to put 8 damage into it to prevent me healing for 4 every turn. (Hadn't drawn Justicar yet.)

Damn man, Ivory knight is far from OP lol...

Without brann you could never have more than two in hand.

You don't need any more than 1. It puts a copy of itself in your hand every time you play it. Play one, get a new one until you're out of mana. You always end the turn with 1 in hand so you can start the process over next turn. There's nothing to stop them from being played unless their board is full.

Levi

Banned
Damn man, Ivory knight is far from OP lol...

Maybe not overpowered but certainly at the top-end of the power scale in cards introduced by Karazhan.

Card advantage is huge. Even if Ivory Knight didn't heal it would probably still be run in Control Paladin for the chance to get a third Anyfin or Consecration or Equality or Forbidden Healing or... well, there's a lot of great outcomes with that card.

Levi

Banned
Levi is asking for more armor and an extra removal. Warriors don't need more of them. >_>

I wanted a minion, not a spell. Getting a spell was my compromise.

At this point I'd trade Fool's Bane for Swashburgler, lol. At least that card is fun.

Or swap my portal with the druid one. They can heal for 4 and get a 2/2, I'll take 6 armor and a random Sylvanas anyday.

Heck, I'd trade Protect the King for frickin' Purify FFS. (okay, maybe I won't go that far...)

IceMarker

Okay, okay, I went a little wild with the custom card ideas again, I even refreshed/re-balanced some cards I made even two years ago.

I think this is a tad bit more balanced. Maybe too weak now. I do not envy Blizzard balance designers.

Levi

Banned
Stop the salt over warrior. Dragon warrior is a perfect example of disgusting curvestone.

super light's justice
3/3 charge
3/4 taunt
3/6 taunt
5/4 fire elemental
9/9

I do not want to play Dragon Warrior, and none of the cards I want for Warrior would even make the cut in that dumb deck.

I would like control cards for my control deck, please and thank you.

bjaelke

Warrior could do with a timeout. Time for Blizzard to bench the class and give some love to Paladin, Priest, Rogue and non-discardlock.

I would like a minion worth playing before turn 3 for paladin.

They need to stop giving Paladin cheap weapons. In Wild, Paladin has Light's Justice, Argent Lance, Sword of Justice, Muster for Battle (comes with a Light's Justice), Coghammer, and Rallying Blade all for 3 or less mana. And they're all low attack, high durability except for Rallying Blade. You don't use half of their durability before you just overwrite it with Truesilver.

Levi

Banned
Warrior could do with a timeout. Time for Blizzard to bench the class and give some love to Paladin, Priest, Rogue and non-discardlock.

They did bench the class for Kara, hence my envious eye towards the cards other classes got.

Pally, Priest, Rogue and Warlock all got great cards in Kara and they'll probably all get even more great cards in the next expansion.

Dahbomb

Complaining about Warrior is approaching problems of first world citizens levels of absurdity.

"Oh no I hate how gum makes water taste too cold!"

Meanwhile kids starving to death in Africa and suffering from diseases you haven't even heard of.

Get in line
- Priest
You have northshire cleric for all eternity it's just not good right now.

Also fuck priest
They need to stop giving Paladin cheap weapons. In Wild, Paladin has Light's Justice, Argent Lance, Sword of Justice, Muster for Battle (comes with a Light's Justice), Coghammer, and Rallying Blade all for 3 or less mana. And they're all low attack, high durability except for Rallying Blade. You don't use half of their durability before you just overwrite it with Truesilver.
true but I'm running a rallying blade over a 2nd truesilver right now.

Levi

Banned
You're insane if you think your control deck lacks cards to play.

I want to play with new cards!

I don't know why everyone is so insulted that I'd like to have fun with new cards while also getting to play my favorite class.

I want to play with new cards so badly I'm running suboptimal cards in my Warrior decks and I'm playing a lot of games with different classes just to get that new card smell.

Meanwhile kids starving to death in Africa and suffering from diseases you haven't even heard of.

What the fuck.

I want to play with new cards!

I don't know why everyone is so insulted that I'd like to have fun with new cards while also getting to play my favorite class.

I want to play with new cards so badly I'm running suboptimal cards in my Warrior decks and I'm playing a lot of games with different classes just to get that new card smell.

I'm not insulted, I am astonished. If you want to play new cards in your control warrior deck from kara, run prince malch, make a control dragon warrior deck, run ironforge portal, run fool's bane with violet illusionist. Warrior has a ton of great cards to make great decks.

Xanathus

I'm not insulted, I am astonished. If you want to play new cards in your control warrior deck from kara, run prince malch, make a control dragon warrior deck, run ironforge portal, run fool's bane with violet illusionist. Warrior has a ton of great cards to make great decks.

Yup, Forsen is playing a Reno Control Warrior deck with Prince Malch and it doesn't look half bad.

Levi

Banned

I've done all of those things you suggested.

I tested Malch, it's bad. I'm running Ironforge Portal, it's not great but it doesn't lose me the game on the spot so there's that. I played a bunch of games with Fool's Bane and Violet Illusionist, it was bad. I did these things and I was disappointed, hence my wandering eye to the cards other classes got and wondering if they'd work in Warrior.

I know that Warrior is still top 3 or 4 even after Kara, so I know it didn't really NEED new cards, but no one gets to tell me that I can't feel disappointed with what Warrior got in Kara. That's how I feel.

Making a Dragon Control Warrior is actually a good idea and I'm going to go do that now. Thank you for the suggestion..

Dahbomb

I had fun playing Grim Patron Giants Warrior. It's actually a pretty powerful deck, you can even throw a Blood Warrior in there (I don't recommend it but there's some merit to it). Also Bolster Warrior but you don't believe it's actually playable so whatever.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I had fun playing Grim Patron Giants Warrior. It's actually a pretty powerful deck, you can even throw a Blood Warrior in there (I don't recommend it but there's some merit to it). Also Bolster Warrior but you don't believe it's actually playable so whatever.

I like patron warrior but it just seems impossible to play around AOE. Brawl, flamestrike, excavated evil, lightning storm plus spell power, etc are all basically game over for patron.

Dahbomb

I like patron warrior but it just seems impossible to play around AOE. Brawl, flamestrike, excavated evil, lightning storm plus spell power, etc are all basically game over for patron.
The Patrons are against the aggressive/tempo decks. Against the spell heavy, slower decks, you play for Giants OTK combo. You can't win against Control Warrior but you can win against a lot of other stuff.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The Patrons are against the aggressive/tempo decks. Against the spell heavy, slower decks, you play for Giants OTK combo. You can't win against Control Warrior but you can win against a lot of other stuff.

I totally blanked and didn't see you were talking about the otk version.

I imagine you can use patrons to bait out all the removal from who you're facing and likely end up with more than one turn with your giants sometimes too. Though control warriors are like 50% removal so I guess that won't likely happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom