• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

I totally blanked and didn't see you were talking about the otk version.

I imagine you can use patrons to bait out all the removal from who you're facing and likely end up with more than one turn with your giants sometimes too. Though control warriors are like 50% removal so I guess that won't likely happen.
You can't win against Control Warriors because the deck doesn't have many impactful minions outside of Patrons and Giants.

They see Patrons and they just Brawl it. Meanwhile they can easily increase their armor count and be past OTK range and when you play Giants they will just Shield Slam/Execute them.

You can play Blood Warriors and try to grind them with multiple boards of Patrons. But that card is really sketchy.

If COTW is OP, how about 6 mana call of the wild off huckster buffed by ethereal peddler which also enabled a 0 mana misdirect (which did nothing but play mind games).

I think so far thief rogue has exceeded expectations. If you can just manage to save up your seemingly mediocre minions and spells, using your rogue cards first... ethereal peddler can be pretty amazing. For example, on curve peddler let me get a 5/6, play darnassus aspirant, and then power of the wild. It was like I was playing druid suddenly. Since I had a minion on board already, it was that powerful snowball I needed to pretty much seal the game.

If COTW is OP, how about 6 mana call of the wild off huckster buffed by ethereal peddler which also enabled a 0 mana misdirect (which did nothing but play mind games).

I think so far thief rogue has exceeded expectations. If you can just manage to save up your seemingly mediocre minions and spells, using your rogue cards first... ethereal peddler can be pretty amazing. For example, on curve peddler let me get a 5/6, play darnassus aspirant, and then power of the wild. It was like I was playing druid suddenly. Since I had a minion on board already, it was that powerful snowball I needed to pretty much seal the game.

I had an Etheral Peddler into Fandrel Staghelm + Druid of the Claw into Ancient of War.Sadly, Fandrel died before I got to play the Ancient but the Druid conceded after that.

Have you tried Kripp's variant? I'm tempted but I enjoy what I'm going with now.

Levi

Banned
2-2 with my new Dragon Control Warrior. Got rushed down by zoo (lost on turn 6) and also got rushed down my Dragon Priest of all things (turn 7 loss, man does it suck not drawing removal).

Beat a midrange Shaman really badly. Held brawl until he emptied his hand, and he never recovered. He got a Rag to stick to 3 turns and do 16 face damage and he still lost. (pro tip for Shaman players, hold back your thing from below until after the Brawl, you don't need to have 7 minions on board and zero cards in hand before you've seen even one).

Also beat what I assume was a freeze mage. Golden Mage with Legend card back who pinged face and roped every turn until conceding on turn 5, presumably because I just armored up every one of my turns.

out of 20 flame jugglers, 75% hit face no matter how many minions were on the board. 7 minions? face

They really need to change the text to reflect reality. That little bastard only hits face, there's no RNG behind it. Until you get into a situation where hitting a minion is actually worse. Then he'll hit a minion.

Burgle with auctioneer has me running into hand size issues, the same way it did when I tried running it when ethereal peddler first dropped. The meta does seem a bit slower than it was back then, so this deck is actually doing some work. It reminds me a bit of the yogg control mage deck and some tempo mages that run double cabalist's tome, because sometimes stealing cards just has insane value.

I just got cabalist's tome from burgle and I still had another burgle in hand and was having issues with actually using my cards efficiently even after using peddler number 1.

What is kripp's deck?

uclpIIS.png

I made a few substitutions based on my own preferences though. I cut Sylvanas for a Dark Iron Skulker and a Tomb Pillager for Xaril. Probably made it worse but I haven't played his version yet.

This is what I run now, N'Zoth is in there too. Probably not as good as the low ranks make it feel, but I've been having good fun with it.

I made a few substitutions based on my own preferences though. I cut Sylvanas for a Dark Iron Skulker and a Tomb Pillager for Xaril. Probably made it worse but I haven't played his version yet.

This is what I run now, N'Zoth is in there too. Probably not as good as the low ranks make it feel, but I've been having good fun with it.

I tried N'zoth rogue.

His looks a lot... like a lot clunkier. Even after you N'zoth you probably die cause you have zero taunts and heals the entire game.

I also actually bothered to craft 2 grand crusaders to try them out. I've tried them in 2 separate lists... they're actually just worse versions of swashburglar imo.

I think burgle, swashburglar, and huckster should provide enough class cards. Zerus is wishful thinking, but I'd have to see that in action. I know he carries the debuff over, assuming it's a class card that isn't rogue the turn you play peddler. But his deck just lacks some of the staple rogue cards so why run that over something more consistent like a second sap... I think kripp's deck is pretty bad, but I could have guessed that.

Your deck looks a lot better.

Brawl is fun.

Opponent gets Malchezaar, and of course he gets the good Legendaries like Deathwing Dragon Lord and Onyxia.

Another game, opponent plays Malkorok and gets Cursed Blade. I didn't win, but it was fun hitting face for double damage.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Brawl is just a coin toss. The game can be over by the time you pick the second class depending on what classes you get. Some combos just have no chance, IMO.

Mage seems to be the best starting class and then hope for something like Paladin (has lots of OP minions and spells) or Priest (just getting fat minions to sit on the board is good here). Then hope you draw better. Glad I never have to play this again (until 10 weeks from now when they do it again).

Your deck looks a lot better.

Thanks! Just have to remember that when Krupp does a gimmick deck, he goes all put.

You're right though, plenty of games I'm hoping to get a class card that's a taunt or heal to keep me in the game. There are times where I stabilize but don't have enough health to win. At one point I had a Tournament Medic in there which actually won me a couple of games.

Also the same reason I run Shadow Caster. Gives me a win condition if I don't Burgal one. With Rag or N'Zoth if I can usually seal a win if it hits.

I just wish Rogues had a spell that allowed their abilities to hit damaged targets with Backstab, Shadow Strike, Skulker.

Pooya

I like this brawl, it favors skill and game knowledge. Like this paladin guy has MC in his hand, picks mage. Turns out it's pretty good.

No prep into call? that's weak.

Fishlake

I'm running a deck with both medi and maly and it is so good right now. Maly goes best with small spells and medi the big ones so I have late game synergy with any of my damaging spells. I just beat a priest when I was at 8 health and he was at 30. Medi into a flames portal into maly arcane missiles into a flames portal on he face an it was over the next turn.

So it's a medi maly rave deck!!! (if anyone has a better word that means party and starts with m I would love it.)

No wonder I thought my old burgle rogue deck was weak. It actually was extremely close to what I am playing now. The first build I made ran swash/huckster/burgle + 2 drakes + peddlers + 2 auctioneer. This feels like quite a hard deck to pilot.

This druid in wild got emperor of barnes and since has been able to keep an auctioneer on board but keeps overdrawing he already burned a swipe and fandral. Still lost because I couldn't deal with auctioneer for multiple turns. He cleared my board with like 4 spells.

Burgle rogue... this deck is so hard to manage your hand cause several of your cards can easily make you hit 10 cards if they remove them. And people love to try and make you lose key cards so they always prioritize removing them when it's efficient. At least this deck doesn't have a super key card like leeroy or malygos to burn. So if you have to, you just do it.

And because you have so many options, finding the most optimal turns is insane when you have 9 cards in hand, auctioneer on board, and you don't want to lose to an AOE blow out while using your resources efficiently.

Gonna upload my last game vs paladin as an example. https://hsreplay.net/uploads/upload/yoyBLERmDL5F3faTrPfnzV/?utm_source=hdt

Fishlake

There are some really simple things they could do to stop the overwhelming amount of random in cards seen today. Discard could get rid of the left most card random effects like random spells can be limited to a class AND size limit. I would also like if they got rid of gain a random number of stats. Things like spare parts are great or the rouge poison spells.

Stop making them have such a wide variety of outcomes. Like yog has probably the largest swings and I lost to one earlier. A oh I'm losing lets stake it all on time wizard is not all right. Yog also has more good outcomes then time wizard with bigger swings.

Medi Maly Melee? (not really a party synonym, but it still fits Hearthstone).

Good idea. I love to name my decks fun stuff if they work.

Burgle with auctioneer has me running into hand size issues, the same way it did when I tried running it when ethereal peddler first dropped. The meta does seem a bit slower than it was back then, so this deck is actually doing some work. It reminds me a bit of the yogg control mage deck and some tempo mages that run double cabalist's tome, because sometimes stealing cards just has insane value.

I just got cabalist's tome from burgle and I still had another burgle in hand and was having issues with actually using my cards efficiently even after using peddler number 1.

I tried with auctioneer but I had a similar issues. Most games I feel like I have at least a turn or two where I'm worried about overdraw even without auctioneer.

And then there are the games where you draw into none or very little of your card generation where you feel like auctioneer would help, but you're probably going to lose those games anyway so it doesn't make sense to alter your deck around those situations.

It's a lot of fun though.

I tried with auctioneer but I had a similar issues. Most games I feel like I have at least a turn or two where I'm worried about overdraw even without auctioneer.

And then there are the games where you draw into none or very little of your card generation where you feel like auctioneer would help, but you're probably going to lose those games anyway so it doesn't make sense to alter your deck around those situations.

It's a lot of fun though.

Just had a game against paladin where I got murloc knight that spawned a murloc knight, he removed one of them, and then the next murloc was another murloc knight. And then I got a tirion. This entire game I had a full hand except a single turn where auctioneer refilled my hand.

Final board state was this:
.eJwNzMkNwyAQAMBe-Jv7dAX-pwCE8Aos2YBg84rSezIFzIe85012UhHH2hk7r5X7POnCPlMBWnovN6RxLZr7wxJiyvWBhosJx630RijnQ-DS68CkVFJ65R1X3JvgnGUHpIn13zWIrzwB2qodIw8bd5uwUQSqNTWajlbI9wc9_izH.oS1KdOdKsVOCkw40Ipn-6i2zTyw.png

It reminds me of rogue decks I played back in classic where against control a single mistake can be disastrous, except now there are a lot more resources.

^Share that deck, yo! My Thief rogue deck sucks.

Oh well still a free legendary from the Brawl pack!

Here is the list, copied from Sjow

I think it's exactly what he was playing. It might even be nearly the first deck I built when the last wing came out.

Here is my version of miracle thief rogue, could cut the deadly poison for a second azure drake probably. I haven't ran this exact build yet but it's based on adjustments to the previous version.

NBtoaster

I'm usually optimistic about new sets but I find myself not wanting to play if 80% of what I'm facing is shaman and hunter.

Blizzard aren't going to do anything about balance anytime soon because a new set has just come out, they will sit and see how the meta develops. The arena rework is probably months away too.

cHinzo

Cool. I was running MrYagut's version, but it didn't really have a power spike, since he had no Auctioneers and two Sprints.

Dahbomb

goddamn. I'm starting to feel bad for team5... not, there is so much bad press flying around right now every day. I wonder if they care to respond.

https://twitter.com/G2Thijs/status/773594798141870080

rip
I don't feel bad for them, you reap what you sow.

They have been making mistakes after mistakes. Their communication is bad, they only come out to communicate when they have something to sell or when things have escalated so bad that the community is rioting (like with Purify or Warrior Arena). Every time they print a RNG card that is actually playable they make the game worse which hurts the e sports scene. They let things be a problem for multiple expansions before correcting it, by that time they have probably lost some customers.

Karazhan is the perfect storm of Blizzard mistakes. Destructive RNG cards, lack of many interesting new cards/mechanics, blatant bull dogging of specific archetypes, complete disregard for Arena balance, mediocre single player content and ignoring lessons they learned in the past by making previous mistakes again.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
That's because Paladin spells suck lol. They have so few useful spells, nobody even runs Yogg in their Paladin decks.

Levi is asking for more armor and an extra removal. Warriors don't need more of them. >_>

What do you mean? The numourious get more ahead buffs are perfect after playing a 6 mana 4/4.

That's because Paladin spells suck lol. They have so few useful spells, nobody even runs Yogg in their Paladin decks.

Levi is asking for more armor and an extra removal. Warriors don't need more of them. >_>

Just because you can't run a spells matter deck doesn't mean the spell quality isn't there. Paladin spells are just inconsistent.

Sometimes the spell doesn't even matter I've taken a Anyfin just for the 10 heal.

Just did the brawl. All my rng sucked. I got 2 beneath the grounds. I played them both when mana fit, and I didn't get a single one... until I got 3 in one turn and then I won the game. lol

I'm usually optimistic about new sets but I find myself not wanting to play if 80% of what I'm facing is shaman and hunter.

Blizzard aren't going to do anything about balance anytime soon because a new set has just come out, they will sit and see how the meta develops. The arena rework is probably months away too.

I've only played against 2 hunters and 3 shaman today, out of 21 games. Sometimes you just gotta stick through the sometimes endless hordes of shaman/hunter.

Just because you can't run a spells matter deck doesn't mean the spell quality isn't there. Paladin spells are just inconsistent.

Sometimes the spell doesn't even matter I've taken a Anyfin just for the 10 heal.

Ivory knight is balanced because paladin does have a lot of bad spells. It has a couple good ones, ones that you'd want to run and those are great when you get them off knight. And sometimes the niche ones work out. But paladin also has like 10 one mana spells.

inky

I don't feel bad for them, you reap what you sow.

They have been making mistakes after mistakes. Their communication is bad, they only come out to communicate when they have something to sell or when things have escalated so bad that the community is rioting (like with Purify or Warrior Arena). Every time they print a RNG card that is actually playable they make the game worse which hurts the e sports scene. They let things be a problem for multiple expansions before correcting it, by that time they have probably lost some customers.

Karazhan is the perfect storm of Blizzard mistakes. Destructive RNG cards, lack of many interesting new cards/mechanics, blatant bull dogging of specific archetypes, complete disregard for Arena balance, mediocre single player content and ignoring lessons they learned in the past by making previous mistakes again.

I think this is a good summary of how I feel and why. While I still enjoy the game, I keep finding fewer reasons to come back, but I'm not stepping away yet.

I just wish Blizzard weren't so damn stubborn and resistant to change and when they do change things that it didn't feel as impulsive, often clueless and especially late.

Fishlake

I think this is a good summary of how I feel and why. While I still enjoy the game, I keep finding fewer reasons to come back, but I'm not stepping away yet.

This is where I am as well. RS Chronicle Legends might win me over as my main card game if this keeps up for more expansions. Right now quests are all I do aside from the time I go on a streak and then stop when it ends to wide swing rng.

patchday

Just had a game against paladin where I got murloc knight that spawned a murloc knight, he removed one of them, and then the next murloc was another murloc knight. And then I got a tirion. This entire game I had a full hand except a single turn where auctioneer refilled my hand.

Final board state was this:
.eJwNzMkNwyAQAMBe-Jv7dAX-pwCE8Aos2YBg84rSezIFzIe85012UhHH2hk7r5X7POnCPlMBWnovN6RxLZr7wxJiyvWBhosJx630RijnQ-DS68CkVFJ65R1X3JvgnGUHpIn13zWIrzwB2qodIw8bd5uwUQSqNTWajlbI9wc9_izH.oS1KdOdKsVOCkw40Ipn-6i2zTyw.png

It reminds me of rogue decks I played back in classic where against control a single mistake can be disastrous, except now there are a lot more resources.

poor pally he looks so sad as he faces his death. whole match probably flashed before his eyes; wondering what he did wrong.

fertygo

All of this negativity is really demoralizing, man I wish I into this game early.. in this state its feel playing game where the community not smiling anymore. That actually what can made me reduce my time around it despite I actually still enjoy the game, despite get rolled by RNG and aggro deck that everyone complain about, because I don't know better I'm not playing when game's better but, the negativity at the scene and streamer is what actually the most stressful thing to me.

Might as well do other thing that everyone around it not so down and break your own mood.

patchday

All of this negativity is really demoralizing, man I wish I into this game early.. in this state its feel playing game where the community not smiling anymore. That actually what can made me reduce my time around it despite I actually still enjoy the game, despite get rolled by RNG and aggro deck that everyone complain about, because I don't know better I'm not playing when game's better but, the negativity at the scene and streamer is what actually the most stressful thing to me.

Might as well do other thing that everyone around it not so down and break your own mood.

community gaf is always like this tho in almost every thread. its a consequence of not having threads like reddit. I suppose overwatch thread people are hyappy now but thats only cause new season started and new ranking system makes it so you cant drop ranks lol

Otnopolit

I agree, it's disheartening for me too because I started playing a month ago, already put a lot of money in (that I don't regret), and to go on the official sub reddit to everybody just being so down on all of it makes me feel as though this new thing I really enjoy is eroding because the community might jump ship.

Even a dev showing up and being transparent about how changes to Arena got pushed back but are coming, and that they absorb all the feedback they get didn't do much of anything. It's not even just critical feedback, mostly just calling the dev team lazy, claiming it's all just a big money pot where no real effort is made, and that it's a RNG slot machine. All of this, while understood and agreeing with some parts, is hyperbole.

Dahbomb

If you enjoy the game then enjoy the game. You don't have to follow what the scene thinks or what XYZ streamers think.

A lot of streamers just get really triggered when some bad RNG happens and the chat goes ham on them. At that point it's not much different from just straight up losing in other games because you feel the pressure from the chat. And man HS twitch monsters are some degenerate folks.

Even a dev showing up and being transparent about how changes to Arena got pushed back but are coming, and that they absorb all the feedback they get didn't do much of anything.
There wasn't anything transparent about that.

"Changes to Arena are coming that we don't actually know what they are or when they will be implemented or even if it would make a difference at all. In the mean time enjoy 6 times Firelands Portal in Arena."

They currently have the tools to change Arena if they want to but instead of doing something like lowering the occurrence bonus of something like Firelands Portal they just increased the occurrence bonus even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom