• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Thing from Below shouldn't be nerfed. It's actually useful in all shaman decks, and shaman isn't a great class outside of the insane first few turns cards like Trogg and Tuskar can create. Every class needs some OP class cards, and the closest thing shaman had to that for the longest time is fire elemental, which just doesn't compare to the other classes.

Take out Trogg and the Tuskar high rolls and maybe doomhammer and the biggest things people hate about Shamen get fixed, while still not affecting the shaman decks that are fine.

Woo, level 60 Hunter and I need 116 more wins for gold, there is a light at the end of the tunnel! Thinking of what class I want to play next. I’m thinking Paladin or Priest.

bjaelke

Been super impressed with Medivh. Even in this aggressive start to the ladder he seems to be able to swing games around. To be fair I've done an excellent job dodging mirror matches and Shamans so that might explain some of my success.

Vp7N4s7.png

zoukka

Has blizzard ever nerfed a card that swings with huge RNG like Tuskar? Tuskar is a balanced card "most of the time", and broken when it summons Mana Tide/Totem Golem.

Pooya

Nat Pagle was nerfed because in that fight night event, it kept drawing for one team every turn and never for the other team lol.

kriskrosbbk

Been super impressed with Medivh. Even in this aggressive start to the ladder he seems to be able to swing games around. To be fair I've done an excellent job dodging mirror matches and Shamans so that might explain some of my success.

Vp7N4s7.png

Willing to share the deck? Great stuff here.

ViviOggi

It's interesting thinking back to Pagle and Tinkmaster, obviously problematic cards in the early classic meta, and seeing how utterly irrelevant they would be in today's optimized and overtuned tempo game. Like card advantage is so not a thing anymore that most games you'd straight up lose for spending 2 mana on Pagle instead of addressing a threat, and Tink would just hit random 1-drops but at least give you a 3/3.

Shinypogs

Thijs is so damn cheery and optomistic, great way to start my mornings with his stream. His chat is hilarious too today. Constantly raging when he doesn't pick the dragon they want from historian.

Szadek

A few cards were slightly better than I thought they would be, but that's about it.

Overall it was a lame expansion. We got new cards for bad decks, most of them are still not good and so far there are no new decks either.

zoukka

Thijs is so damn cheery and optomistic, great way to start my mornings with his stream. His chat is hilarious too today. Constantly raging when he doesn't pick the dragon they want from historian.

I can't stand his voice though. And he has started to imitate Lifecoaches way of talking/groans (which is understandable since Thijs is still a little kid).

A few cards were slightly better than I thought they would be, but that's about it.

Overall it was a lame expansion. We got new cards for bad decks, most of them are still not good and so far there are no new decks either.

Beast Druid, Secret Hunter, Resurrect Priest.

Szadek

I can't stand his voice though. And he has started to imitate Lifecoaches way of talking/groans (which is understandable since Thijs is still a little kid).

Beast Druid, Secret Hunter, Resurrect Priest.
Beast Druid isn't new at all, people tried to build a Resurrect priest shortly after BRM came out and Secret hunter is just Yogg and Load.

Dragon Paladin is legit. Through in Bran and save him for the chess knight or netherspite. And the amount of tempo you get out of blackwing corrupter, aldor, and the guy who makes things 3/3 is impressive.

Question: Is it better to have healing Ragnaros or damaging Ragnaros in a deck like this? I have the damaging one but the healing one seems to go so much better with the control nature of the deck, plus I can pull win conditions out of the summons anyway. I love the heal I can have btw. chess knight + brann, truesilver and potentially Lightlord.

zoukka

Beast Druid isn't new at all, people tried to build a Resurrect priest shortly after BRM came out and Secret hunter is just Yogg and Load.

Your definition for "new" differs from mine. I never saw a Beast druid before Kara, nor a secret hunter since the introduction of Standard.

Midrange Shaman became a thing again eh

Pretty sure this list with hex n thunderbluff also tier 1.

Was already a thing before Kara.

bjaelke

Indeed. What if the enemy plays Yogg and u can't answer his Yogg with ur own?! 😫
My opponents, so far, haven't played Yogg. I respect that and honour their attempt to purify the game.

I'm not cutting him just yet.
The only card I dont have from here.Replace it with what?

Probably a second Firelands Portal. As you can see half my games are won by turn 10, so anything that can close out the game would be ideal. Torch is also an option. It really depends on what you're facing on ladder. I think 2 Flamestrikes are sufficient board clear, but some decks also include 1 copy of Blizzard.

ZeroX03

Banned
When you get Injured Kvaldir from Mounted Raptor... so good, so unfair.

Also Midrange Shaman was very good before Kara and still is, just slower than Aggro so it's kind of a why bother situation.

patchday

Vp7N4s7.png

yhZhTGN.png

I might end up replacing Yogg since I often find my self ahead on board and cards by turn 10.

Thanks will give that a shot. Looks like a traditional tempo with Medivah shoved in there. Smart to run 2 flamestrikes I think with all this face roll out there in Standard

Xis

Dragon Paladin is legit. Through in Bran and save him for the chess knight or netherspite. And the amount of tempo you get out of blackwing corrupter, aldor, and the guy who makes things 3/3 is impressive.

Question: Is it better to have healing Ragnaros or damaging Ragnaros in a deck like this? I have the damaging one but the healing one seems to go so much better with the control nature of the deck, plus I can pull win conditions out of the summons anyway. I love the heal I can have btw. chess knight + brann, truesilver and potentially Lightlord.

My experience is very limited, but healing Ragnaros has been very good every time I've played him.

CoolOff

I actually managed to draft a mediocre mage... Got offered no high-value spells. My only spell is a Poly Boar. This was the first time I've picked Mage in Karazhan, I just gave up trying other classes and I still get shafted.

Thanks Blizz.

I'm just going my merry day facing a hunter until he plays a defensive CotW to clear my board and get a taunt. In the process my Shredders give me a 3/2 to trade with misha and a Lore walker cho. Over the next 2 turns cho gives me the info on the trap played by my opponent and animal companion which summons Huffer for lethal. Living the priest dream.

gutshot

Finally got to 500 wins with Druid. My second golden hero after Hunter. Man, it takes a long ass time. You guys with most or all golden heroes must play a TON.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Lightlord is better than Firelord against aggressive matchups. Firelord is a threat, not a savior. Given that ladder is Shaman and Hunter right now, Lightlord is better.

Pooya

Na'vi dropped their roster (xixo, Ostkaka etc). Just a day after Amaz officially gave up Archon. RIP comp HS. 2013-2016.

gutshot

Na'vi dropped their roster (xixo, Ostkaka etc). Just a day after Amaz officially gave up Archon. RIP comp HS. 2013-2016.

All those people complaining about the invitationals giving out Blizzcon points when that was the only thing keeping the scene afloat.

Sheroking

After a few different attempts, I kinda/sorta made the Violet Illusionist/Cho'Gall/Rafaam wombo-combo work by shoe-horning it into Renolock.

The key to the combo? Stonetusk Boar. Hit any combo piece with Emperor and you can play Cho'Gall, Violet Illusionist, Boar and the +10/+10 Rafaam spell in the same turn - giving you a 10 mana 7/7, 3/4 and 11/11 charger.

If you don't get to draw the combo? No worries. Cho'Gall works with Shadowflame, Illusionist lets you tap for free (and swing with Jaraxxus minus recoil), Boar has some value with PO and the deck still more or less operates as traditional Reno N'Zoth Warlock.

Deck here.

patchday

yeah last night I got tilted all the way back to 20 (Standard). But just ran that Medivh deck posted above and climbed back into 19 (but I had pretty easy opponents this morning). Funny thing I'm 17 in Wild right now. If I get tilted in standard I just go goof off in Wild with Prince Malcheesy. PRetty much all my opponents lol'ed at Malcheesy but I went 8-3 lol with that deck to get to 17. finally had to go to sleep

After fucking around with Priest at rank 16 I switched to hunter and have won like 5 in a row and am at rank 12. Back to back CotW is damned disgusting.

EDIT: It's this deck for those interested. http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/decks/jabs-midrange-hunter-ft-kindly-grandmother-barnes-september-2016-season-30/

Interesting will try this one too

After a few different attempts, I kinda/sorta made the Violet Illusionist/Cho'Gall/Rafaam wombo-combo work by shoe-horning it into Renolock.

The key to the combo? Stonetusk Boar. Hit any combo piece with Emperor and you can play Cho'Gall, Violet Illusionist, Boar and the +10/+10 Rafaam spell in the same turn - giving you a 10 mana 7/7, 3/4 and 11/11 charger.

If you don't get to draw the combo? No worries. Cho'Gall works with Shadowflame, Illusionist lets you tap for free (and swing with Jaraxxus minus recoil), Boar has some value with PO and the deck still more or less operates as traditional Reno N'Zoth Warlock.

Deck here.

Thats funny I was running renolock last night in Wild with prince mal in it. But I also added Cthun and er, Arch thief which I used to finish quite a few opponents. My deck has some of those cards like hellfire, twisting nether, etc if I lose control of the board.

Dahbomb

Has blizzard ever nerfed a card that swings with huge RNG like Tuskar? Tuskar is a balanced card "most of the time", and broken when it summons Mana Tide/Totem Golem.
Tinkmaster and Pagle were both nerfed due to being early game RNG cards with huge match implications.

Though Tinkmaster was just very powerful even without the RNG. It's just that Paladin could do turn 2 hero power turn 3 Tinkmaster to potentially get a 5/5 and 3/3 in player which back in the day was insane.

dragon priest can't handle shaman/hunter/warrior. dragon paladin absolutely can, especially with how much more durable they are with healing opportunities and the tempo given by the great battlecries their minions have.

aldoring 477 is incredibly satisfying.

Levi

Banned
Why am I facing an OTK priest named LordButtSex who is roping every turn?

Why does he get executes and Gromm before I do?

Why did anyone think giving priest good cards was something that should happen?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
After playing 2 ice blocks, yogg gives me a third at 1hp against a hunter when I have a pyroblast in my hand/medivh and some other stuff on the board.

Yet another win robbed.

After playing 2 ice blocks, yogg gives me a third at 1hp against a hunter when I have a pyroblast in my hand/medivh and some other stuff on the board.

Yet another win robbed.

Yo we take those.

Calculated.

Quest is to play 30 1-2 mana minions.

Guess I'm playing Paladin tonight...

Levi

Banned
Lord Buttsex, after roping all game, abandons the game after I bait out his second entomb and then play N'zoth.

Satisfying victory.

ZiYg3hM.jpg

He got one Gromm off of Forbidden Shaping, and one off of Thoughtsteal.

He wasted one Entomb on an Infested Tauren he couldn't otherwise deal with, and used the other on Cairne, which I played hoping he'd entomb it. I shield slammed my own Syl to make sure it would be resurrected by N'zoth.

When he played his Syl I played my Acolyte and Brawled, giving him the Acolyte, which I then used to draw him 3 cards, putting me ahead in the fatigue counter.

After he ran out of cards he used Forbidden Shaping for 10 (misplay) which generated a vanilla 10/10 and I responded with N'zoth. He had used all his removal by this point so even though N'zoth only brought back one Tauren and one Syl, he had no way to win after I used my Syl to steal his 10/10. At this point he quit the game without conceding, wasting even more of my time as I waited for the client to realize he wasn't coming back and award me the win.

I'm happy he roped me, though, he got to waste a half an hour or so losing horribly.

Oh, another bad play from Mr. Buttsex, I used Ironforge Portal and got the 3/5 that gains attack when any character is healed, he healed himself to make it a 5/5 and burned a Shadow Word Death on it. Using Shadow Word Death on a 4 drop vs a Control Warrior... SMDH. And he had all this time every turn to think about his plays.

Lightlord is better than Firelord against aggressive matchups. Firelord is a threat, not a savior. Given that ladder is Shaman and Hunter right now, Lightlord is better.

agreed. i just sustained against one of those aggro divine shield paladins that even brought out a leeroy+bless+truesilver turn. the heal is godlike.

I really think Dragon Paladin is the control deck the meta was waiting for. It so bulky.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Tinkmaster deserved to live on. Good counter to legendary six drop baloney.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom