• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

vall03

I just beat someone with a Dust Devil and this was only supposed to complete the Shaman Mastery quest. Maybe I should delete all of my meta decks and just create these janky quest decks when playing the game. Still waiting for the 75 murloc quest because that sounds fun and easy to do. Murlocs are mostly 1-3 mana anyway.

Pooya

the 75 battlecry one was kinda bad, I can't imagine playing 75 murlocs. Should have been summon instead of play. I had a warlock deck just with 1-3 mana battlecry minions and it took like 5 games to make it to 75. You can't build a 30 murloc deck, I don't think.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope the Enrage Quest means Blizard is going to print more Enrage Cards. That keyword has been more or less abandoned, there has been what, 3 actual Enrage Cards released since Classic?

Kornflayx

Trying to play some Murloc quests in casual and I run into 4 Midrange Shamans in a row. What the fuck is wrong with you? Fuck off to Ladder with that shit

Ladekabel

The Mastery Quests are great. Had Warlock and Warrior. Threw the cheapest cards in and went 7:2 in Casual. Only lost to a Rogue and a Token Druid but beat Shamen and Hunters.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I got the taunt minion quest and I can't think of any legit deck that would get that out decently fast without going all in gimmick with bolster or something.

Maybe Ramp Druid I guess. Assuming choose one applies to it anyway.

sibarraz

Banned
Hmm, really? I spent my early months playing Face Hunter to rank 5, and I kept the Eaglehorn for removal to ensure my minions had more staying power. Maybe that shows that I'm just not cut out for Hearthstone-style aggro.

Woah, cool. I wonder how big the playerbase will be. I was looking at all the card games out there, and I was surprised by how popular Faeria is (based on Steamspy).

Faeria: 28,030 ± 4,344 (7.23%)
Duelyst: 58,880 ± 6,296 (15.71%)
Infinity Wars: 4,583 ± 1,756 (0.76%)
Hex: 4,760 ± 1,790 (2.53%)
Card Hunter: 9,343 ± 2,508 (1.26%)
Solforge: 1,763 ± 1,089 (0.57%)
Runescape Legends: 10,930 ± 2,712 (3.65%)

Did I forget any?

So yeah, Duelyst is definitely the #1 card game out there by a huge margin, but Faeria seems to be alive and well 2 years after release. Runescape Legends is still new, but I expect those numbers to go down - it's not a good game. Card Hunter surprises me, but it has a ton of single player content that might attract people to the game, and it is ridiculously generous and charming.

I think that faeria best selling point is that is by far the best game as a f2p player. I played only for 1-2 weeks and got a very good and decent collection without playing against other players, just solo (It seems that they lowered the packs given in solo content though, glad to have played before that) It also helps that you can reroll cards, or that lots of players must have bought the complete collection.

And you forgot to include Magic Duels, I really want to know how is that game doing compared to the others, how can you see those stats on steamspy? I was expecting to browse them by genre, but didn't worked like I expected.

And for what I played, shadowverse was an cool heartsone clone, I liked the artwork there, sadly it run like shit on my iphone 4s, and tried to play on emulator for 1 day but it was worse, hope that they give lots of perks for the steam release

I think that faeria best selling point is that is by far the best game as a f2p player. I played only for 1-2 weeks and got a very good and decent collection without playing against other players, just solo (It seems that they lowered the packs given in solo content though, glad to have played before that) It also helps that you can reroll cards, or that lots of players must have bought the complete collection.

And you forgot to include Magic Duels, I really want to know how is that game doing compared to the others, how can you see those stats on steamspy? I was expecting to browse them by genre, but didn't worked like I expected.

And for what I played, shadowverse was an cool heartsone clone, I liked the artwork there, sadly it run like shit on my iphone 4s, and tried to play on emulator for 1 day but it was worse, hope that they give lots of perks for the steam release
Thank you for the Magic Duels reminder!
127,456 ± 9,262 (6.29%)

So by far the biggest!

I just go to Steamspy.com and search by game.

I'm playing Blue in Faeria and I'm like...why is Aquatic so goddamn awkward?

Sheep can also be removed immediately with hero power
Right, so it's effectively 6 mana.

It is advertised as having 5 million downloads on mobile. I dunno how much that translates to active playerbase though.
Yeah, who knows. Not a useful metric.

sibarraz

Banned
Thank you for the Magic Duels reminder!
127,456 ± 9,262 (6.29%)

So by far the biggest!

I just go to Steamspy.com and search by game.

I'm playing Blue in Faeria and I'm like...why is Aquatic so goddamn awkward?

Right, so it's effectively 6 mana.

Yeah, who knows. Not a useful metric.

I thought that duelyst will beat him by far, since everyone trashes magic duels I never thought that it will have a good playerbase-

I want to play magic duels since I love magic, but getting a full collection there is super expensive and even though you are never getting duplicates on packs, it sucks a lot that you can't craft cards

sibarraz

Banned
shadowverse does great in japan? I always have wondered how there could be so many successfull free to play games with enough playerbase to sustain them.

Like, I have installed like 50 games this year just to do the initial gatcha, and it's like the 90% of them does well enough to keep living

gutshot

Have there been any new expansion hints or teases yet? We should be expecting them soon, right? Usually they start teasing it a week or two before the official announcement.

clav

One thing I've noticed after playing HS for over an year now is I keep hearing one liners when I'm reading reaction posts in OT threads.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Gee I wonder why...

iiam.gif

There is at least a month and a half til the next expansion. Hitting 3k should be pretty easy. Depending on how much dust you have as well, shouldn't be hard to make a couple decks immediately after the expansion launches. Also depends on your luck with the packs.

sibarraz

Banned
I wonder if at some point we will see an implosion of CCG, it's like everyone and their mothers are making one.

I recall playing one of kung fu panda, was ok, and last week I played plants vs zombies heroes, didn't convinced me at all

wiibomb

The grind to save up 3K gold for the next expansion... this hurts.

well, unless there is more you want to get, there isn't an expansion to buy until they actually release it.

I'm at about 1800, I want to get about 3K too, may be a little more, so I'll be grinding some wins and more of these stupid quests they made.

I know they made these quests for new players, but as a person who can score wins easily on the normal play mode, the are actually more grindy, I've won 5 games with warrior and I still need to finish that 50 warrior card quest. abut 16 more cards to play.

Dahbomb

I wonder if at some point we will see an implosion of CCG, it's like everyone and their mothers are making one.

I recall playing one of kung fu panda, was ok, and last week I played plants vs zombies heroes, didn't convinced me at all
We are already in the digital card game explosion era. News are constantly popping up and we got Legends and Gwent on the way too which are more high profile.

Only company not trying to reap the profits of the digital space is god damn Konami. Though not at all surprised as it is Konami after all.

sibarraz

Banned
We are already in the digital card game explosion era. News are constantly popping up and we got Legends and Gwent on the way too which are more high profile.

Only company not trying to reap the profits of the digital space is god damn Konami. Though not at all surprised as it is Konami after all.

To be fair, Konami is releasing soon their console game on steam, plus another version on mobile, at least for me, of all the "traditional" card games that I know, YGO is the one that I most hate playing online.

And next expansion hype!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom