• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The next expansion definitely takes place in Gadgetzan. I'm 90%+ confident that the bank door is also just the card pack design for the expansion pack given the dimensions and the fact they put up an animation version of it.

There's a chatbot that you can talk to in order to get the teaser images below. You can read what he says here: http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/second-expansion-hint-the-gadgetzan-gazette/

14795654_1238978379472es0c.jpg

14800351_123897873614n2sse.jpg

14826238_1238977976140cs9w.jpg

dinosaur-skeleton-102hssxe.jpg

four-card-artsils0m.jpg

14801124_123892918614ausjz.jpg

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The next expansion definitely takes place in Gadgetzan. I'm 90%+ confident that the bank door is also just the card pack design for the expansion pack given the dimensions and the fact they put up an animation version of it.

There's a chatbot that you can talk to in order to get the teaser images below. You can read what he says here: http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/second-expansion-hint-the-gadgetzan-gazette/

Yeah that is super duper giveaway here. Seems like they are doing something Gadetzan themed. All the stuff they are referencing makes it sound like Noir-crime themed. Sounds potentially great. Can't wait to see the reveal in person at Blizzcon!

Cat Party

Second to last image has gotta be new spare part type cards.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
The worldbuilding in Hearthstone is so legitimately magical. I LOOOOOVE this shit.

Yeah, I love this aspect of HS. I know some tidbits from the Warcraft lore here and there, but all the cards and background info make me read Wiki articles for long periods.

A full on Gadgetzan expansion definitely wasn't what I was expecting. Should be interesting to see what Blizzard has in the works. Surely Dr. Boom will be referenced in some capacity.

Ashodin

Gadgetzan lookin' like some maltese falcon noir shit. Fucking awesome

And that first image makes me want a buddy cop series with just the ogre's two heads. YES

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I got a shaman quest and just conceded right before winning because i felt bad about playing that deck.

I can't even play it well and i was dominating most games.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
So it's probably going to be good then because Reynad has been super critical of the releases as of late especially Karazhan.

He seems like the kind of guy that would let the privilege of seeing the expansion early cloud his thoughts.

I'm still super stoked about seeing cards though.

sibarraz

Banned
If this expansion has input from pro players we could have a great expansion.

Not neccesarily because they know how to design better than devs, but more because at least is showing that blizzard has some interest on amend things

I hope they drop it on us early in November to be honest. The longer the wait to release it the less time that set spends in the Standard rotation, which especially sucks for the last expansion released each year.

I think before these teasers I would have expected a December release. This is because they usually take the time to hype bigger expansions. The gap between reveal and launch for expansions is at least a few weeks normally. Since they're hyping the expansion a week before blizcon, maybe that is a sign they intend to release it sooner than usual.

And I remember GVG released in December despite being revealed at blizcon. But last year LOE released like a week after Blizcon, maybe another sign that they intend to release sooner after reveal than in the past.

Mulgrok

Those reviews for Maelstrom portal... like they didn't even consider it as a 2 mana flamecaller that benefits from spell damage.

frye

I pretty much only played midrange shaman before Karazhan and even as a relatively new player then I didn't get why people weren't more hyped about Spirit Claws -- the card seemed absolutely insane to me at the time

ngl though, didn't see how good Maelstrom Portal was gonna be at all

FeD.nL

I just hope they don't drag revealing cards this time, just reveal everything at Blizzcon and release it a week later.

Yup, this is what I hope.

Honestly I hope this expansion is closer to the power level of Naxx/GvG, not in terms of RNG but I just really hope we're getting a lot of playables that push out some of the Basic/Classic staples. Which there are too many of imo.

bjaelke

The Hearthstone World Championship starts today (6½ hours from now)

Handsomeguy v Cydonia
Bbgungun v Niaman
DrHippi v Breath
OmegaZero v DDaHyoNi

http://www.twitch.tv/playhearthstone
Damn someone beat you to it Zealous!

They had a ton more incorrect cards on the Chakki including calling Arcane Giant sorta bad.

You can see the guy made videos to the previous expansions, so he probably rushed it for that sweet Reddit karma.

Threw together an all hunter card deck of just secrets and other <4 cost cards to do quest quickly, and have somehow gone 4-0 with it.

Aggro is broken.

Edit: 5-0

manhack

Threw together an all hunter card deck of just secrets and other <4 cost cards to do quest quickly, and have somehow gone 4-0 with it.

Aggro is broken.

Edit: 5-0

I respectfully disagree. I've been meaning to comment after that youtube video about getting cards wrong. In my opinion all forms of Hunter are pretty bad right now.

My stats vs Hunter this month:

LpaExm1.png

Pooya

I ended up voting DrHippi actually, gimme that first pack today.

He has the same line up as amnesiac but he has played all year long and he's been really good. Last time amnesiac played a tournament was before standard so I went DrHippi. I feel good about it, he made it twice to two seasonal finals, that's quite a work.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Damn someone beat you to it Zealous!

They had a ton more incorrect cards on the Chakki including calling Arcane Giant sorta bad.

This is the same guy who did the GvG video that inspired my Old Gods video. So I can't be too mad.

His audio balancing on the music sucked, though. Come on, guy. Maybe he got jelly when I doubled the viewcount of his GvG video and wanted to get it out quicker, lol.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I slept on a number of good Karazhan cards myself, but at least I was skeptical of Beast Druid becoming a thing. Probably would have gone in harder on that skepticism if it wasn't for almost everyone freaking out about Beast Druid making me think i might be wrong.

Maelstrom Portal was my biggest miss too. I didn't see anything at all in that card. I'm still a little surprised how easy it is to get value from it, and don't fully understand how it's that much better than arcane explosion, a card that only ever saw play to counter classic Face Hunter, Muster for Battle Paladin, and Zoo. I know combining two effects in one can be way better than each one individually, but I didn't expect it to be that good.

Xanathus

I only watch card reviews from Reynad because his is the only one that is generally correct and that I agree with and he points out possibilities that I miss out on.

gutshot

This is the same guy who did the GvG video that inspired my Old Gods video. So I can't be too mad.

His audio balancing on the music sucked, though. Come on, guy. Maybe he got jelly when I doubled the viewcount of his GvG video and wanted to get it out quicker, lol.

Yeah, I was like, "Do I have Hearthstone running in the background? Oh, that super-loud music is IN the video."

Looking forward to your video, Zealous.

ZealousD

I only watch card reviews from Reynad because his is the only one that is generally correct and that I agree with and he points out possibilities that I miss out on.

I can tell you from experience that Reynad isn't actually that much more correct than any other streamer. I think Kibler might have the best record by a slight margin.

Yeah, I was like, "Do I have Hearthstone running in the background? Oh, that super-loud music is IN the video."

Looking forward to your video, Zealous.

If you mean a similar "pros were wong" video I probably won't do one now. The differences would be mostly superficial and it wouldn't be worth the effort. Dahbomb and I will do our re-review stream, maybe not this weekend but possibly sometime next week, and we can put some dudes on blast, then.

I slept on a number of good Karazhan cards myself, but at least I was skeptical of Beast Druid becoming a thing. Probably would have gone in harder on that skepticism if it wasn't for almost everyone freaking out about Beast Druid making me think i might be wrong.

Beast Druid may not be the most popular Druid deck right now, but it definitely is a thing. It's in the Tier 2 or Tier 3 range. Though yes, people lost their shit over Menagerie Warden and while the card is good it isn't gamebreaking.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I'm up to 3200 dust, considering crafting boom and two twilight guardians, but might just wait for the new expansion.

Boom is so staple though.

Maybe I'll craft both boom and loatheb.

Xanathus

The whole Troggzor over-hype should be completely ignored because Troggzor definitely would be Dr.7 if Miracle wasn't nerfed. Heck, Troggzor would be good if it was still available in Standard because of Yogg spell decks.

ZealousD

Troggzor is still garbo in minion trading. He was too situational and Dr. Boom being around didn't change that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom