• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

Changes coming to HCT for next season: http://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20324476

Global Season Championships – We’d like to see more global clashes throughout the year, so we have combined the regional Season Championships into global Season Championships. Each of these global Season Championships next year will take place at a select host region, and will be held in venues that you can attend in-person to cheer on your favorite competitors!

Season Playoffs – The regional Season Preliminaries have been replaced with regional Season Playoffs, and each of the 4 regions (Americas, Asia-Pacific, Europe, and China) will send 4 representatives to the Season Championships each season. Each Season Playoffs will use the Swiss Tournament format and continue to include local Tavern Heroes, but they’ll be more competitive to qualify for, and include deeper prizing to reward more participants.

Championships Synced with Standard – We’d like to keep the tournament meta fresh and exciting, and we will work toward aligning the HCT tournaments with our Standard Year and its associated content releases. What this means for next year is that each of the global Season Championships will take place during its own content cycle. This also means that the next World Championship will take place at the end the upcoming Standard year in early 2018.

Points and Cups – We’ll be adjusting the amounts of points earned from tournaments and Ranked Play to be more evenly distributed and include more players. We’re also making improvements to the Cup system. Hearthstone Competitive Points from Ranked Play begins with the November Standard Ranked Play Season next month.

Prize Pool – The total HCT prize pool for next year will be over $2 million USD. The World Championship will have a $1 million USD prize pool, each Season Championship will have a prize pool of a quarter million USD, and each Season Playoffs will have at least $20,000 USD in prizing to reward more participants.

Blizzard will also be running their own versions of Team League and, what sounds like, Challengestone.

Hearthstone Global Games
We love seeing the passion of players rooting on their fellow players, particularly their local heroes. We also love the cooperation, collaboration, and camaraderie that emerges from team-based competitions. The Hearthstone Global Games (HGG) aims to scratch this competitive itch and will feature teams of players from various countries battling it out weekly in a global league. Each team in the HGG will consist of the top Hearthstone Competitive Point earner from their country and three of their fellow community-voted countrypersons. Cheer on competitors from your country like never before!

Hearthstone Inn-vitationals
Looking for a more light-hearted viewing experience? We’ve got you covered with the Hearthstone Inn-vitationals (HSI)! This series of exhibitions will showcase a variety of fun Hearthstone formats with some of your favorite Hearthstone personalities. Among the invitees will be popular streamers, winners of major tournaments, and celebrities. When a Hearthstone Inn-vitational rolls around, you won’t want to miss the zany antics or “playful banter” that might ensue!

sibarraz

Banned
So I got a closed beta of gwent (I never played witcher 3 so it was my first time) and I didn't liked it, at least I think that the tutorial didn't sell very well what kind of things are you able to do in the game, and I only got 2 packs, so I felt that I will not have a great experience learning the game.

So, I installed magic duels, bought 4 packs with what I had left and dropped a jace, so maybe I will play that too (and in the radio I won an started deck of khaladesh, so it seems like the gods want me to play magic)

Also today is the steam release of shadowverse, so I have to see how i plays on PC

And blizzard has revealed lots of things this day, I hope to see some big changes besides the new expansion on blizzcon

Dahbomb

The changes seem mostly positive from cursory glance.

Swiss tournament is great as are tournaments scheduled with content releases.

gutshot

It would have been weird to have the Heroic Brawl launching at the same time your World Championships get underway. My guess is it will be next week during the "downtime" before the prelims and main event.

wiibomb

It would have been weird to have the Heroic Brawl launching at the same time your World Championships get underway. My guess is it will be next week during the "downtime" before the prelims and main event.

next week is Blizzcon, I wouldn't expect them to release something to detract them from the big event

gutshot

next week is Blizzcon, I wouldn't expect them to release something to detract them from the big event

Well it doesn't start until Friday. So you have two days of the Heroic Brawl without any thing competing with it. But yeah, they could push it one more week so it hits right after Blizzcon.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I expect them to put it out either the Blizzcon week or the week after while we wait for the release of whatever expansion they reveal.

I'm guessing the Expansion they reveal will not show all the cards, but will have maybe 30 or so to show, and then we will once again get the drip feed of a few more cards every week right up to the release in early December. That's my guess anyhow.

No packs for anyone from that Cydonia win.

Dwight-Schrute-LOL.gif

Made a Beast Druid deck and got it up to Rank 14.

It's a pretty strong aggro deck and doesn't completely die mid-game since you have Menagerie Warden. In my small sample size, going second really hurts if your opponent plays something on T1. Raven is an excellent 1-drop, but if you can't play Mark of Y'shaarj the next turn you're already behind. Innervate does help though.

I also couldn't beat Anyfin Paladin since Equality+Consecration/Pyro gets around stealth (and it always happens after I play Menagerie). Then they drop Tirion on T8 and it's gg.

Mulgrok

2-0 against freeze mages on ladder today. First doing shaman daily and playing dirty midrange, and second making a c'thun deck for warrior daily. I hope the bastards delete their decks and play something that is fun to interact with.

4-0 only encountered 1 shaman at rank 8-9 out of 10 games

Portugeezer

Dat Dr Hippi ordering. Totem before playing Thunder Bluff, don't play Thunder Bluff after because noticed he misplayed.

Misplay of shame.

Dat Dr Hippi ordering. Totem before playing Thunder Bluff, don't play Thunder Bluff after because noticed he misplayed.

Misplay of shame.

And sottle tried to justify that play but couldn't. He couldn't just say, well he just misplayed. Sottle is just bad at casting, claiming drhippi would be punished by not removing doomsayer as if lightning bolt and 1 swing of spirit claws was not worth the risk or was the thing that would change everything when shaman has no board the next turn.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Kinda offtopic but Reynad will be streaming with Jeff Leach tonight.
Everytime they stream together its magical, pretty much the only time youll see Reynad playin' Hearthstone with a smile in his face.

THijs doesn't play til tomorrow.

Also, it just kind of occured to me (well recently) that druid's living roots is kind of just a better version of sinister strike. I always thought of mage and rogue as being the classes that got strong cheap spell cards but blizzard loves druid enough that they give them powerful tools that imo they shouldn't even have. Meanwhile they take away powerful tools like blade flurry. So weird.

cHinzo

Man these play X amount of class cards are pretty useful. Way better if you can work towards your quest like this than must having to win to complete a quest. Going for that 10k gold!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom