• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Playing Tavern Brawl, Paladin vs. Priest. He Mind Controls my happy Rag, I play a second one, buff it with Defender of Argus to remove his Rag, turn ends and Rag self-heals.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
THijs doesn't play til tomorrow.

Also, it just kind of occured to me (well recently) that druid's living roots is kind of just a better version of sinister strike. I always thought of mage and rogue as being the classes that got strong cheap spell cards but blizzard loves druid enough that they give them powerful tools that imo they shouldn't even have. Meanwhile they take away powerful tools like blade flurry. So weird.

Combo is always going to serve as a damper on cheap Rogue cards.

Combo is always going to serve as a damper on cheap Rogue cards.

I think shadowstrike is uncontested the best rogue spell they've gotten since sword oil. I wouldn't mind more spells with combo text though. Eviscerate remains very strong due to how it scales mid game and late game, particularly with spell power which cheap spells are easy to combo with.

Heropon

I've tried Wild Casual to complete one of the new quests and it was like tryhard hell with three golden heroes in a row. While standard casual has relaxed a bit thanks to the new quests that mode felt like when I was new and finding all these OP decks in "casual".

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking of how forgotten Combo feels as a mechanic. I got a quest for Enrage minions the other day and did a quick search.

There are REALLY not many Enrage minions! Bloodhoof Brave is probably the best one that isn't Legendary (Grom) and it's a warrior class card. The 6 others are neutrals and 1 is from GvG as a warrior class card (Warbot). Except for 3, all these cards are from the base set and only Warriors have Enrage cards as class cards.

I guess they decided that the mechanic doesn't work most of the time? But it could be a cool way to get warriors to use all their Ping mechanics pro-actively instead of reactively. As buffs, instead of more removal. But it just seems like there are a ton of "forgotten" mechanics in Hearthstone. I imagine some are intentionally forgotten to prevent OPness, but I can't figure out why they wouldn't make more of some of them. I guess this is back to the old talk about how amazing Discover is and how more things should have that keyword.

Great Shadowverse has been pushed back until tomorrow. Was looking forward to try out the game...

It's okay. I think I've cooled off on the game quite a bit. I don't think its better than HS and a lot of decks I faced off against even at the beginning of ranked were really heavy cost decks, many aggressive face decks as well. It doesn't help that deck sizes are larger while the health pool is smaller. I would have liked to see a larger health pool with the larger deck size.

jgminto

Has anyone else had trouble reaching Rank 5 this season? I usually don't have much trouble getting to 5 but this has been a huge slog.

Has anyone else had trouble reaching Rank 5 this season? I usually don't have much trouble getting to 5 but this has been a huge slog.
I started stalling around rank 7 with maly druid, the meta was pretty varied so wasn't sure what to tech for. Got a play 50 shaman cards quest, built a cookie cutter midrange deck and didn't lose a single game til rank 5.

It's okay. I think I've cooled off on the game quite a bit. I don't think its better than HS and a lot of decks I faced off against even at the beginning of ranked were really heavy cost decks, many aggressive face decks as well. It doesn't help that deck sizes are larger while the health pool is smaller. I would have liked to see a larger health pool with the larger deck size.
I'm not a fan of it copying Hearthstone's draw system.

Great Shadowverse has been pushed back until tomorrow. Was looking forward to try out the game...
It's nigh identical to Hearthstone, so at least you will find it familiar.

sibarraz

Banned
Of all the ccg games out there, shadowverse is imo the most cloneish of heartstone

I still love some ideas, like making holy nova a legendary minion

manhack

Yeah it is hard for me to branch out to other card games. Hearthstone is my first card game and I am pretty invested in it, both time and money. I try other games, but they don't capture the same magic to be honest.

fertygo

I Can't play mid shaman at all, try it.. lose to priest and such, not to mention the mirror match is not pretty at all.. eugh, just not my thing

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
In news that will shock everyone, the Only Overloads deck is not nearly as good as the Only Battlecries deck.

I think shadowstrike is uncontested the best rogue spell they've gotten since sword oil. I wouldn't mind more spells with combo text though. Eviscerate remains very strong due to how it scales mid game and late game, particularly with spell power which cheap spells are easy to combo with.

I mean more that they're going to be concerned about printing great cheap Rogue spells and cards that could enable powerful Combo effects.

patchday

hm, I actually play a few other card games (faeria & ascension) although Hearthstone was my 1st. I just like to explore other games and branch out. I usually play HS every 2-3 days to flush out my dailies

Saving for expansion packs

Apathy

god damn when will blizzard that effects or procs that push a card to 0 make them broken. Secret hunter might as well just be face hunter stupid. it tops out at such a ridiculously low curve and the secrets are basically impossible to deal with. it's so dumb.

manhack

god damn when will blizzard that effects or procs that push a card to 0 make them broken. Secret hunter might as well just be face hunter stupid. it tops out at such a ridiculously low curve and the secrets are basically impossible to deal with. it's so dumb.

While I agree that 0 cost effects are extremely powerful (if not broken), Secret hunter is not that bad, but it thrives by forcing the other player to make poor decisions to avoid being punished. Certain decks may be weak to it, but it is easy to beat.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Speaking of how forgotten Combo feels as a mechanic. I got a quest for Enrage minions the other day and did a quick search.

There are REALLY not many Enrage minions! Bloodhoof Brave is probably the best one that isn't Legendary (Grom) and it's a warrior class card. The 6 others are neutrals and 1 is from GvG as a warrior class card (Warbot). Except for 3, all these cards are from the base set and only Warriors have Enrage cards as class cards.

I guess they decided that the mechanic doesn't work most of the time? But it could be a cool way to get warriors to use all their Ping mechanics pro-actively instead of reactively. As buffs, instead of more removal. But it just seems like there are a ton of "forgotten" mechanics in Hearthstone. I imagine some are intentionally forgotten to prevent OPness, but I can't figure out why they wouldn't make more of some of them. I guess this is back to the old talk about how amazing Discover is and how more things should have that keyword.

Minions usually die pretty cleanly unless they have disproportionately high health at their mana level, like Bloodhoof Brave. I think that's a lot of why the effect isn't used more. It's hard to consistently get value from it unless you design your minions a specific way.

fertygo

LOL Asmodai destroy other streamer monitor

Asmo play Malyrogue this other streamer play mid shaman, the mid shaman fill the board and get cleared by Elemental Destruction from huckster, and asmo finish the game with combo after barnes pull malygos, the mid shaman streamer end stream abruptly and turned out his monitor broke after he throwing his mouse

I mean more that they're going to be concerned about printing great cheap Rogue spells and cards that could enable powerful Combo effects.

Yeah, I see. They definitely should print more combo cards. Thistle tea could have been a combo card. Like 4 mana, copy 2, combo copy 3 - or something.

LOL Asmodai destroy other streamer monitor

Asmo play Malyrogue this other streamer play mid shaman, the mid shaman fill the board and get cleared by Elemental Destruction from huckster, and asmo finish the game with combo after barnes pull malygos, the mid shaman streamer end stream abruptly and turned out his monitor broke after he throwing his mouse

wow

And people thought reynad was salty!

Fuck Yogg. Fuck that card so much.

Seriously? After the nerf there are so many other OP cards that Yogg isn't even close. It's a gambling card with barely any predictability in how it behaves.

EDIT: Handsome guy fail. I bet on him because he's Korean, I thought they practiced 16 hours a day. :(

Q8D3vil

Seriously? After the nerf there are so many other OP cards that Yogg isn't even close. It's a gambling card with barely any predictability in how it behaves.

EDIT: Handsome guy fail. I bet on him because he's Korean, I thought they practiced 16 hours a day. :(

In HS you need to pray to Rnjesus for 16 hours a day.

patchday

bbgungun had my friend and I worried (I convinced my buddy to go in on him too). I knew about his past history training players in the background but didnt account for his stage nerves. His nerves caused him to misplay a little but he came through at the end

Hopefully now he'll relax more and put in good work

And yeah lol Yogg still decided some matchups

patchday

Anyone else going to blizzcon? next weekend will be very busy for me

Yogg still being dumb shouldn't be surprising. They'd need to change the card completely to change that

not surprising but rather entertaining. I am blessed with a nice job where we can watch the stream together. Yogg has provided much entertainment around here

Winning the first 3 games of the day in Gwent earns you a pack. That's preferable to getting a "play 10 enrage minion" quest.

It's been nice not having to hussle to unlock random packs in Faeria (since I own the full set). Just stacking my gold for the inevitable expansion

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Winning the first 3 games of the day in Gwent earns you a pack. That's preferable to getting a "play 10 enrage minion" quest.

40 minutes
Thanks man!
Missed day one due work SMH
SMH at being an adult

bjaelke

You didn't miss out on much. Today looks more exciting:

JasonZhou v Thijs
che0nsu v hamster (the one guy that still insists on bringing Priest decks to a tournament in 2016)
Amnesiac v Yulsic
Pavel v HotMEOWTH

bbgungun had my friend and I worried (I convinced my buddy to go in on him too). I knew about his past history training players in the background but didnt account for his stage nerves. His nerves caused him to misplay a little but he came through at the end

Hopefully now he'll relax more and put in good work

And yeah lol Yogg still decided some matchups

I went BBgungun as well. I was on my run when he lost to that yogg. That aggro deck is such a departure from the way he plays his other decks that I was really worried at first.

Dahbomb

Top 6 best decks in the game according to VS:

"Midrange" Shaman
Face Secret Hunter
"Midrange" Secret Hunter
Zoolock
Beast Druid
Tempo Mage

I am currently playing both a Malygos Rogue and a Miracle Rouge. Bouncing between Rank 10 and 12. Happy with that (and having much fan) rather than working of damn tier lists.

Tacitus_

Thijs
B2C108C08257988EF3C3DDBBE88EAC2D9ACD2F5D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom