• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidyj

Of games I play regularly, Hearthstone definitely has the most toxic community of them all.
I hope they find a way to nerf that in a future patch.

Dahbomb

This is what happens when your game has such a huge RNG variance. Everyone thinks they are godlike and only lose because of RNG or the other guy was net decking against their unique homebrew deck.

Only way to nerf that is to remove a huge chunk of the RNG in the game and that will never happen.

Ladder system is also pretty bad and antiquated which just leads to more salt as everyone feels they are forced to play ranked just to acquire their monthly 400 dust.

Tarazet

We all know Blizzard's feelings about it. RNG is excitement and intrigue! And if you read this thread regularly, they kind of have a point.

bunbun777

Hit rank 5 in standard, have been playing my favorite deck in wild now, gold yogg mage. It's really flamewaker mage but yea I love it.

MMaRsu

Cowtw is a hard card, but with Revenge in Warrior i found it easy to remove. Especially if you have a bash or something in hand
Revenge, bash

DSmalls84

Any advice on how to consistently beat Control Warriors with Zoolock?

I'm running a pretty standard deck with Leeroy/Gormok but it seems like I run into constant early game weapons/board clears.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook

I'm running a pretty standard deck with Leeroy/Gormok but it seems like I run into constant early game weapons/board clears.

You can't.

If they draw their early wep your are more than likely SOL.

Hence why the only class bigger than Lock at legendary right now is Warrior.

fertygo

Pretty sure its 20 80 matchup bro

Few time I manage to won is keep chipping for exact lethal

Try to put the most sticky minion that you have early and on brawl territory turn.

DSmalls84

You can't.

If they draw their early wep your are more than likely SOL.

Hence why the only class bigger than Lock at legendary right now is Warrior.

I have only been playing about a month now but I made it up to rank 9 and ever since it's been a constant flood of Control Warriors as I slide back down the ranks :(.

scarlet

I have only been playing about a month now but I made it up to rank 9 and ever since it's been a constant flood of Control Warriors as I slide back down the ranks :(.

Same. In 20-16 I faced a lot priest and shaman. But I'm in 13th now and everyone is control or c'thun warrior.

How am I gonna destroy that 20++ armor with zoo? Just concede.

DSmalls84

Same. In 20-16 I faced a lot priest and shaman. But I'm in 13th now and everyone is control or c'thun warrior.

How am I gonna destroy that 20++ armor with zoo? Just concede.

Yeah I think I'm in 13/14 now as well. Once they get that justicar out its over!

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Equality clear is inefficient now?

To clear their win condition on top too?

Hunter have nothing after CoW

Equality clear is pretty inefficient when it only deals with 1 card, yes. Even if it's an 8 mana card. You feel pretty bad if you use it against a Ragnaros and nothing else.

Tacitus_

Pray to RNGsus that they don't draw their two brawls early.

Vanillalite

This is why Hearth sucks currently.

If you face a curved out Shaman your fucked. Zoolock tends to win against everything else cause not enough board clears except for Warrior which just powers through both.

Everyone else is SOL.

Tarazet

It's not going to be consistent, but think a little more like a Freeze Mage and try to put together burst combos. Control Warrior will never pressure you early on. Play one minion at a time and tap a lot to try and piece together a bunch of damage at a time.

patchday

dusted some legends that I couldnt get any use out of (Oathspark and Grul) and crafted a Hunter mid range deck. Having fun! Been climbing with my Warlock atm tho. But planning to alternate the Hunter soon

Loving this game. My neighbor is really high ranked and has been spectating some of my matches and giving me tips

Vanillalite

Put me in the camp that doesn't understand all of the "mid range" hunter love. I know CotW is cool, but zoo like is just consistently the better deck these days.

i really don't understand why people bother running elise in cthun warrior. doomcaller is just so much better and if you're in a control matchup you really don't want to give up your executes/slams whatever. doomcaller gives you an extra card anyway, possibly two, which also mitigates one of her best features. i understand maybe some shield blocks/acolytes can be turned into legendaries but the odds of those legendaries being truly helpful is rare.

ZealousD

i really don't understand why people bother running elise in cthun warrior. doomcaller is just so much better and if you're in a control matchup you really don't want to give up your executes/slams whatever. doomcaller gives you an extra card anyway, possibly two, which also mitigates one of her best features. i understand maybe some shield blocks/acolytes can be turned into legendaries but the odds of those legendaries being truly helpful is rare.

Elise is really strong against Control Priest. C'Thun can get Entombed which nullifies Doomcaller.

ZealousD

But that's what Wild is for.

I wouldn't touch Wild with a 10 foot pole. I miss Sludge Belcher and Loatheb but I would take that trade to never see Mysterious Challenger or Mad Scientist again.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
For all the hunter hate, I've actually been having quite a bit of fun using a Yogg & Load hunter deck in my sporadic ladder climbs this season. You still have CotW to rely on as an actual finisher, and then you have Malygos & Yogg to steal wins later in the game. Much more fun to play than the "Midrange" aka Aggro Hunter decks out there IMO.

The deck is pretty reliant on Lock & Load for card draw though, so you'll be hurting for cards if you can't get that off. And yes, obviously it has some horrible auto-loss matchups (I'm at rank 10 this season +/- 3 ranks), notably it loses quite badly to Control Warrior (unless you can burst them down before turn 10) and the Zoo match up is not as good as it could be since I removed some of the zoo tech (Explosive Trap and Powershot).

Otherwise its a lot of fun. And hey! The joust mechanic is pretty cool when you always win! 1x Elekk, 1x Thaurissan, 1x Malygos, 1x Yogg. I have only ever lost 1 joust in the entire time playing the deck.

Got the 5 Shaman win for my challenge yesterday, Went from 18 to 14 by playing my Totem deck until I lost.

The deck has a lot of counters, but a whole lot more win conditions.

Lost to a Beast Aggro Hunter that had better draw the first few turns, and a Control Warrior that Harrison Jones'd my Doomhammer before I could Rockbiter it. Poor play on my part but I needed it to clear the board.

Interfectum

Got the 5 Shaman win for my challenge yesterday, Went from 18 to 14 by playing my Totem deck until I lost.

The deck has a lot of counters, but a whole lot more win conditions.

Lost to a Beast Aggro Hunter that had better draw the first few turns, and a Control Warrior that Harrison Jones'd my Doomhammer before I could Rockbiter it. Poor play on my part but I needed it to clear the board.

I'm playing a totem shaman right now and I'm stuck at rank 11. Feels like everything I do is countered.

Salex_

I really can't understand this. I never get matched up with a single Priest until I decide to use Paladin. This matchup is literally unwinnable if my opponent isn't a complete dumbass.

wiibomb

Of games I play regularly, Hearthstone definitely has the most toxic community of them all.
I hope they find a way to nerf that in a future patch.

that's why I don't get much involved in other forums or community talks because I know how toxic it becomes.. I just hang out here

If I want to run a shit mage deck to win 70 brawls (which I did), I will and I don't need someone to piss on my idea

Hit Rank 13 and don't intend on going any higher so I've been messing around in Casual while doing quests.

I've been using an Elise Control Paladin with moderate success.

There was a Paladin mirror match where I used both Consecrations to clear his board, then he plays a second Stand Against Darkness. I topdeck Wild Pyro and he concedes.

Another game against Mage I play Rafaam and choose the 3/3 zombies, but I needed to bait out his second Flamestrike. So I kept clearing his board until he was forced to use it. I played Golden Monkey afterwards to rub it in.

Facing non-meta decks lets me mess around with combos such as Brann plus Nefarian (against Warlock and I got Renounce Darkness, should've played it for the interaction).

Levi

Banned
Warrior already OP so it's just more OP

I wish warrior was OP.

Warrior is very strong, and has the most diversity in what decks you can build with the class.. but sadly, I wouldn't call them OP.

It's also very unlikely Warrior will be getting any new OP cards because of all the classes, I think Blizzard is probably pretty happy with where Warrior is. You can play combo, control, aggro or midrange with Warrior.

If anything, the fact that Tempstorm has decided to go after CW the way they have means Warrior might get the Druid treatment: their good class cards nerfed to oblivion and their oldest archetype completely gutted.

Next balance patch Fiery War Axe will be three mana, and meanwhile they'll print more 1 mana 1/3s that gain attack via easily procced synergies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom