• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT7/7| _ Give Tyrande | _ Blizzard: Give Amazon Money

Status
Not open for further replies.

squidyj

whew. that game.

CA NA DA
CA NA DA

And the final game comes down to a coinflip, lol

not accurate, the deadly shot was a coin flip for lethal that turn but if it went on leokk he would have kill commanded the misha and pushed more face damage which left rosty in a similarly awkward position.
Even with tracking he would need to find kill command + beast? either a source of 4 damage + hero power, or cotw to give him a chance to win.

Tacitus_

not accurate, the deadly shot was a coin flip for lethal that turn but if it went on leokk he would have kill commanded the misha and pushed more face damage which left rosty in a similarly awkward position.
Even with tracking he would need to find kill command + beast? either a source of 4 damage + hero power, or cotw to give him a chance to win.
Rolling Misha and the bat missing face also contributed to this. Him losing either of those 1-in-3s would've made him lose to CotW

It is a card game. I don't get this complaint.

Who says I'm complaining? I just think it's funny that after 6 games, with everything on the line it all comes down to whether the Deadly Shot hits the right target or not.

Miletius

Watching HS on Twitch, then switched over to watching Chess. Kinda feel like I'm living in a golden age of streaming. I know some will disagree, because HS requires no skill, or whatever, but for me it's perfect.

patchday

hey guys- lets say I reach rank 5 and then right before end of month I tilt to rank 10. Will I get a chest based on rank 5 or the new rank 10 when ranked season chest opens?

Trying to figure out if the chest is simply set to my highest rank

Tacitus_

hey guys- lets say I reach rank 5 and then right before end of month I tilt to rank 10. Will I get a chest based on rank 5 or the new rank 10 when ranked season chest opens?

Trying to figure out if the chest is simply set to my highest rank

Highest rank. So you'd get rank 5 chest.

fertygo

How can you beat back to back call of the wilds?

if you up 3 minion and one of them is grom, get insane value of armorsmith early that how I somehow survive 2 highmane + 2 call of win in first 10 turn 2-3 days ago that probably never happen again

I'm not new, but I did take a break a long time ago after getting bored, decided to give the game another shot and it feels like running headfirst into a wall, not to mention that my Gnomes and Goblins-Whatever cards are apparently now useless so woopie for that I guess.

It feels like Magic the Gathering again, friends who talk about how amazing the game is and when you try your hand on it, you buy a deck and it turns out it is absolute shit, your friends borrow you a deck and its their "experimental" deck (meaning its shit). You ask how you get better at the game, "buying and trading cards" they say. You buy a few boosters because you want some money for something else in your life meanwhile they walk in with fucking boxes of the shit and spend 2 days opening and sorting the cards, the same cards that 3 months down the line are worthless cause they are "non-standard" or whatever, and in your boosters you got nothing of the colour you wanted. And if you try to trade the cards they usually try to cheat you out of cards since you have no idea how much each is worth.

Man I have some issues with TCG's....
There's no trading in Hearthstone, so no worries there.

patchday

I'm not new, but I did take a break a long time ago after getting bored, decided to give the game another shot and it feels like running headfirst into a wall, not to mention that my Gnomes and Goblins-Whatever cards are apparently now useless so woopie for that I guess.

It feels like Magic the Gathering again, friends who talk about how amazing the game is and when you try your hand on it, you buy a deck and it turns out it is absolute shit, your friends borrow you a deck and its their "experimental" deck (meaning its shit). You ask how you get better at the game, "buying and trading cards" they say. You buy a few boosters because you want some money for something else in your life meanwhile they walk in with fucking boxes of the shit and spend 2 days opening and sorting the cards, the same cards that 3 months down the line are worthless cause they are "non-standard" or whatever, and in your boosters you got nothing of the colour you wanted. And if you try to trade the cards they usually try to cheat you out of cards since you have no idea how much each is worth.

Man I have some issues with TCG's....

why dont you just play Wild?

being a new player I am thankful for Standard ofc.

Pooya

you don't improve by "buying cards" in hearthstone, sure you need a little to start but the more expensive decks are the worst decks, the cheapest decks are the strongest. whoever told you that has no clue. you can build strongest decks in this game right now by being f2p for like 3 weeks honestly. guess why so many play just those decks and not control paladin or whatever,

HS can be more expensive compared with other major esport titles people play but compared with other card games it's really cheap honestly.

Levi

Banned
I wish this game was "pay to win".. That would mean control was viable.

The most powerful cards in this game are freaking one-drops.

fertygo

I wish this game was "pay to win".. That would mean control was viable.

The most powerful cards in this game are freaking one-drops.

Naw son, its 2 drop!

632.png

2 mana, 6 damage

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Well as good that fucktard card is, that card is win more card, won't help you if you losing 4+ mana on the board, even back to back

Call of the Wild is a "win more" card?

More like Call of the Wild is a "win" card. There is no card in the hunter repertoire that helps you gain back on board more than that card. It's essentially a guaranteed 2-for-1 and in some cases is even better. You develop the board. You can gain immediate initiative. And there is no clean answer. I don't understand any analysis that says that it's a "win more" card.

fertygo

Call of the Wild is a "win more" card?

More like Call of the Wild is a "win" card. There is no card in the hunter repertoire that helps you gain back on board more than that card. It's essentially a guaranteed 2-for-1 and in some cases is even better. You develop the board. You can gain immediate initiative. And there is no clean answer.

Will that card help if you already swarmed by zoo? no, facing taunt monkey/hoof brave + 1 more minion? no too

god help you if this drop on neutral board, but if you winning a lot and prepared of it, this your lucky game

this is fucking stupid card design tho because to counter it you gotta try to even win more.

its can't be more than win more card because hunter is dumb class that lacking card draw when this shit dropping they most likely on topdeck mode

ZealousD

Will that card help if you already swarmed by zoo? no, facing taunt monkey/hoof brave + 1 more minion? no too

god help you if this drop on neutral board, but if you winning a lot and prepared of it, this your lucky game

this is fucking stupid card design tho because to counter it you gotta try to even win more.

its can't be more than win more card because hunter is dumb class that lacking card draw when this shit dropping they most likely on topdeck mode

By this definition, any card that doesn't outright clear the board is a "win more" card. Call of the Wild will help you against your opponent having a huge board more than any other single Hunter card, or even any other neutral card.

Dahbomb

Yeah Call of the Wild is a "win" card as much as a card can be "win" in HS.

It's a comeback card because it can kill something on the board and give you a board out of the ether.

It's a win more card because if you are winning then it slams shut the game for you on the spot without delaying it a few more turns.

It's a game finisher if you need some reach on your board.

It's a lose less card because it sets up a taunt and can remove something else on the board at the same time.

It's only weakness is that it costs a lot so it ends up having less impact on a game on average than the cheaper cards.

But as far as game changing on the turn it's played... it might as well read "increase your chance to win this game by 20%".

Dahbomb

Did you not see the graphic? S Rank is filled with Control Warrior and C'Thun Warrior.
Legend rank stats are mostly useless because when a lot of players get to Legend they just play whatever they want. Plus it's not like you can use that as support when talking with players who are new to the game and may not be playing at Legend anytime soon.

The stats that are important are the 5-1 rank as that's where try hard levels are at the highest. Most common decks at that level are Tempo Warrior, Aggro Shaman and Zoolock.. two of which are pretty cheap.

Legend rank stats are mostly useless because when a lot of players get to Legend they just play whatever they want. Plus it's not like you can use that as support when talking with players who are new to the game and may not be playing at Legend anytime soon.

The stats that are important are the 5-1 rank as that's where try hard levels are at the highest. Most common decks at that level are Tempo Warrior, Aggro Shaman and Zoolock.. two of which are pretty cheap.
Check the ranks again - C'Thun and Control Warrior still make up a considerable % at ranks 1-5 and 11-15.

Dahbomb

Check the ranks again - C'Thun and Control Warrior still make up a considerable % at ranks 1-5 and 11-15.
I checked again and I am still right.

Aggro Shaman, Midrange Shaman, Zoolock and Midrange Hunter are the most common decks at rank 5-1. Warriors make a lot of that rank up because they are counting 4 different decks for it unlike with other classes but individually those 4 decks I listed are the most common.

Not saying they aren't popular but the cheap decks clearly outnumber the expensive decks which was the point.

I checked again and I am still right.

Aggro Shaman, Midrange Shaman, Zoolock and Midrange Hunter are the most common decks at rank 5-1. Warriors make a lot of that rank up because they are counting 4 different decks for it unlike with other classes but individually those 4 decks I listed are the most common.

Not saying they aren't popular but the cheap decks clearly outnumber the expensive decks which was the point.
No, the point was that Levi said control decks aren't even viable right now, and he's clearly wrong on that.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Is face rogue a thing? Because I just went against a face rogue.

Made rank 10, so pretty happy about that. Enjoying playing tempo mage. Arcane blast so op.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Two rogues in a row using lowly squire. First time I have seen that card used.

Played something like 12 games with my newly crafted Yogg tempo mage and haven't gotten to use Yogg once. Won most of the games though, so that is good.

Fishlake

I got a tavern brawl quest today.... I hate getting this Sunday. I rolled alarm-o-bot druid for fast wins and losses.

I now have all the required cards for secret paladin and now just have to figure out how to run it.

So far its 0-4, I'll read up on it tomorrow.

Also what do you think is more important to craft next some doomsayers or save up for justicar/chilmaw/somethingelse.

Yes I still have never gotten a doomsayer.

ZealousD

But as far as game changing on the turn it's played... it might as well read "increase your chance to win this game by 20%".

If anything I feel "20%" is a low number to attach to it. It turns most losing games into 50/50's and fair games into wins. I don't think I've seen a single game where back-to-back CotW's get played and the Hunter doesn't win.

scarlet

I got a tavern brawl quest today.... I hate getting this Sunday. I rolled alarm-o-bot druid for fast wins and losses.

I now have all the required cards for secret paladin and now just have to figure out how to run it.

So far its 0-4, I'll read up on it tomorrow.

Also what do you think is more important to craft next some doomsayers or save up for justicar/chilmaw/somethingelse.

Yes I still have never gotten a doomsayer.

What kind of deck are you going to?

Isn't TGT will be rotate soon?

squidyj

this fucking idiot who rolls the perfect totem every time, gets 2 totem golems out of his tuskarrs, who just basically gets every lucky break in the game has the balls to emote me when I topdeck flamestrike, fuck off m8.

Levi

Banned
No, the point was that Levi said control decks aren't even viable right now, and he's clearly wrong on that.

One control deck vs all the tempo, midrange, aggro and zoo decks.

One control deck that didn't even see play at Spring Championships.

One control deck that only exists because its core cards are in the basic and classic set.

One control deck that is probably gonna get nerfed anyway because tempo storm has decided to target it, and all the sheep on reddit and everywhere else are now circle jerking about "fiery win axe" and "skill slam".

One control deck--that isn't even the best deck for its class-- and control is 'viable"?

I disagree.

Mulgrok

If anything I feel "20%" is a low number to attach to it. It turns most losing games into 50/50's and fair games into wins. I don't think I've seen a single game where back-to-back CotW's get played and the Hunter doesn't win.

I cleared turn 7 + 8 cotw and other minions with ysera awakens on 7 into equality consecration on 8.

I got a turn 6 ysera out after getting brann + dragon consort.

ZealousD

I cleared turn 7 + 8 cotw and other minions with ysera awakens on 7 into equality consecration on 8.

I got a turn 6 ysera out after getting brann + dragon consort.

So you spent 5 cards to deal with 2 cards and yet you still won the game?

I mean even if you did go on to win, that sounds like a pretty good deal for the Hunter.

fertygo

So you spent 5 cards to deal with 2 cards and yet you still won the game?

I mean even if you did go on to win, that sounds like a pretty good deal for the Hunter.

Equality clear is inefficient now?

To clear their win condition on top too?

Hunter have nothing after CoW

Dahbomb

This reminds me of the stories that people used to tell when they managed to clear Dr Boom with one card.

"Yeah man I sniped his Boom with my BGH and then the Boom bots totally didn't kill my Azure Drake on board"

Why is there even conversation of Fiery Axe and Shield Slam nerfs? LMAO... Tempostorm is god damn at it again. The sheep mentality of this community is so ridiculous at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom