• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I'm just going against bad players but Renolock seems to do pretty well against Jade Druid. I managed to beat one that got his golems up to 10/10. You pretty much have to choose a 10 mana Kazakus spell though to fend them off.

fertygo

Maybe I'm just going against bad players but Renolock seems to do pretty well against Jade Druid. I managed to beat one that got his golems up to 10/10. You pretty much have to choose a 10 mana Kazakus spell though to fend them off.

Kabal card doing fucking work last time I battle jade druid

Kabal Chemist get me another removal consistently and blast potion turned out pretty clutch

Kabal card doing fucking work last time I battle jade druid

Kabal Chemist get me another removal consistently and blast potion turned out pretty clutch

Yeah, same. Both Courier and Chemist are nuts, especially with Brann.

I've gotten Greater Healing Potion multiple times already.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Pirate warriors are even all around rank 14. And holy shit are people BMing a lot, lol.

Loved the turn 1 golden warrior spamming happy feast of winterveil with his buccaneer, first mate, and patches opener just to get dicked on by dragon priest.

jgminto

Pirate warriors are even all around rank 14. And holy shit are people BMing a lot, lol.

Loved the turn 1 golden warrior spamming happy feast of winterveil with his buccaneer, first mate, and patches opener just to get dicked on by dragon priest.
'Tis the season! Happy Feast of Winterveil!!!

Szadek

I guess this time the honey moon periodlast 4-5 hours instead of the usual 4-5 days, which means there was non for europe.

Also, are goons already dead and buried? Haven't seen a single one so far, neither myself nor on streams.

Aso also, are the non-lock reno decks any good?

Sheroking

I <3 Renolock.

Hearthstone_Screenshot_12_02_16_03_54_43.png

In total, I opened 50 packs and got 1 legendary, Hobart Grapplehammer, which I'm not disappointed with at all as I think he could be pretty useful. Maybe some sort of face-Warrior/Pirate deck?

Otherwise, pretty standard packs I'd say, however this pack was one of the best I think:

FeD.nL

Hmm, doomsayer has made Kazakus pretty awkward a couple of times now. Basically having to forfeit the res option. Think I'm gonna drop Doomsayer.

zoukka

In total, I opened 50 packs and got 1 legendary, Hobart Grapplehammer, which I'm not disappointed with at all as I think he could be pretty useful. Maybe some sort of face-Warrior/Pirate deck?

Can such shitty luck even exist?

FeD.nL

Otherwise, pretty standard packs I'd say, however this pack was one of the best I think:

If it makes you feel better (quantity is not always better over quality) I opened 107 packs and pulled Knuckles 4 times..

Ladekabel

Bought 42 packs. Got Don Hancho and Kazakus. Pretty good haul but I always compare to TGT where I opened like 50 packs total and got 4 legendaries.

jgminto

It's probably a good thing that Dragon Priest doesn't have any sort of attack augmentation at the moment because if you could buff those pre-operative drops, it would be far and away the best deck, no question.

vall03

Was checking out the new Gadgetzan cards then noticed I could make a N'Zoth Jade Rogue deck. Immediately crafted Aya and totally crushed my friend. He thought I was cheating when I dropped a second Aya after he already used two Hexes and told him I got the other one from Journey Below. Was fun seeing all those Jade Golems come out from Deathrattles as well. Still need some ideas for a Paladin deck though, but the problem is that I don't have the core Paladin legendaries.

fertygo

Hmm, doomsayer has made Kazakus pretty awkward a couple of times now. Basically having to forfeit the res option. Think I'm gonna drop Doomsayer.
I never pick the res asidee that one time I res soggoth that I steal from sylvanas

Just pick the AoE.. damage and or demon
Broken winning tempo play always

scarlet

Priest BMing when his minion is buffed to 40/40, then I stole it with sylvanas, it felt so good.

Trying to make overload jade shaman, but not working.

Only have enough dust for 1 legendary have to decide between Harrison, Alex, Wickerflame and Kazakus. Since I don't have Jaraxxus I'll probably not bother with Renolock just yet, Wickerflame is a must eventually since I'm maining paladin but paladin still gonna suck, Harrison might be too slow now and for Alex I still need an Ice Block to play freeze mage.

zoukka

Seems like it would be similar to a Miracle Rogue mirror where whoever can get a strong Auctioneer turn off first will likely win.

Board is important. The deck can't easily remove large minions and boards so you need to grow those golems steadily. An early swing turn can win you the game.

sibarraz

Banned
so far which are the impressions of this expansion?

I know that the first day is the honeymoon, but overall I like the new cards and mechanics

Pooya

it's almost 2017 and some still think this game is p2w. p2l is more like it.

that 800 dust pirate warrior deck is going to win more games than reno lock or whatever with far less effort.

Lumine

I know. If only more people would pay $50 for 50 packs.

pay2winmore, fools

Eh? Sure, dude. I didn't do that and I'm not expecting my opponents to either. I don't blame them for anything. It's just a little disappointing when I'm playing sub-optimal decks just to see the new cards and I get crushed by the usual decks like Malygos Druid without a single new card. But yeah be passive aggressive about if you want.

jblank83

Eh? Sure, dude. I didn't do that and I'm not expecting my opponents to either. I don't blame them for anything. It's just a little disappointing when I'm playing sub-optimal decks just to see the new cards and I get crushed by the usual decks like Malygos Druid without a single new card. But yeah be passive aggressive about if you want.

If you want the critical statement framed more directly, what do you expect? Not everyone is going to buy packs in order to put together new decks. Some people are going to continue grinding out gold and quests with proven decks. This is constant across every expansion from the beginning of the game.

The alternative scenarios are everyone paying money for new cards or intentionally playing sub-optimal decks in the competitive formats. Neither is realistic. The only real choice is to keep chugging away with experiments, tinkering with new cards, and realize that you'll have to keep dealing with mid-range shaman until someone tinkers together the next disgustingly OP meta deck and Blizzard announces the next expansion to get hyped over.

Or buy a bunch of packs. Or wish that people would not play mid-range shaman. Or something.

barber

So, how close do you think we are of a reno dominance in wild? Taking into account the new highlander cards and the bigger pool in there, do you think it will be this expansion or next?
(first post)

First arena run of the new expansion and.i manage to draft a highlander priest deck where I get offered Raza on both my first and last pick! Looking forward to piloting it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So, how close do you think we are of a reno dominance in wild? Taking into account the new highlander cards and the bigger pool in there, do you think it will be this expansion or next?
(first post)

I don't know if Reno will ever be dominant. The deck is too brainy and slow to climb quickly with.

Sort of like how the ladder was never filled with Patron even though the original form of that deck was the best deck in the game at the time.

sibarraz

Banned
I disenchanted all the wild cards to craft legendaries and some epics for this expansion

Bye boom, you were a loyal soldier

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom