• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

gutshot

I'm having fun playing Murloc Shaman. It seems pretty decent in this admittedly soft meta. Everyfin is Awesome is an insanely powerful card once you have enough Murlocs on board.

Pooya

Thijs just played against 7 pirate warrior back to back.

the winrate must be like 60 percent over the last 24 hours, it's the lamest ever deck in this game.

If it comes down to it, I'm not sure what you even nerf. It just displays how hearthstone's fundamentals are broken.

molnizzle

Jade gets slaughtered by aggro, but it tends to slaughter control in my limited experience. Lopsided matchups are bad for any competitive game.

That's how Hearthstone has always worked though, the meta shifts all the time. Jade is the answer to strong control decks. And even then you still need to get the right draw to win out in the end. If anything, Jade feels far too inconsistent to be competitive. At least with the Rogue deck I've got going.

Iryx

Got 110 packs, got Kun, 3x Hobart, Aya and Genzo.
Not awful, but going 80 packs and getting 3 Hobarts in a row sucked.

molnizzle

Guess what i don't want to play brain dead aggro decks.

Right but my point is Jade probably isn't gonna be viable in the long run. People are playing it now because it's new, but it seems to have some serious weaknesses. I've been trying to run with it since yesterday and it's really rough now that people have figured out that they just need to go for the face and shut me down early.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Control decks need reach now. You can't just pass turns hoping to win in fatigue. I don't think that is the absolute worst thing in the world.

That's how Hearthstone has always worked though, the meta shifts all the time. Jade is the answer to strong control decks. And even then you still need to get the right draw to win out in the end. If anything, Jade feels far too inconsistent to be competitive. At least with the Rogue deck I've got going.
I feel like Jade Rogue is the weakest archetype. Shaman is okay. It's the Jade Druid that I think has the potential to be meta-defining.

Guess what i don't want to play brain dead aggro decks.
The problem is that aggro = brain dead in Hearthstone, and that doesn't have to be the case. A lot of card games have aggro that is difficult to play well.

In total, I opened 50 packs and got 1 legendary, Hobart Grapplehammer, which I'm not disappointed with at all as I think he could be pretty useful. Maybe some sort of face-Warrior/Pirate deck?

Otherwise, pretty standard packs I'd say, however this pack was one of the best I think:

lol. Just did an Arena run. My pack had a Kazakus, so now I have 2 legendaries in 51 packs. And, Priest is my favorite class, so Kazakus Reno Priest could be a fun time-waster.

Kettch

Yup, these are pretty much the reason why I'm most likely going to quit HS in a few days once these decks are literally everywhere.
Control is basically dead until 2018 and chances are we can't even escape to wild this time around. Thanks blizzard.

I logged on and played 5 matches this morning at rank 9. Against 5 Pirate Warriors. If this ends up being the meta, then it's vastly worse than Shaman. Nothing I do matters, it all comes down to whether they have a solid draw or not.

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Yup, these are pretty much the reason why I'm most likely going to quit HS in a few days once these decks are literally everywhere.
Control is basically dead until 2018 and chances are we can't even escape to wild this time around. Thanks blizzard.

The expansion has been out for less than 24 hours. Lol.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Well control decks are fucking dead thanks to Jade Golems.

I think a control deck can beat a jade golem deck if it has a win condition that's not fatigue. You have to put the jade golem deck on a clock. Something like Anyfin Paladin can do this. Reno decks can pull win conditions from something like Yogg in Reno Mage or powerful Inspire effects like Paletress in Reno Priest. Here's a couple replays of my reno games yesterday. I already posted the Priest replay but the Mage one pulled a win condition out of Rafaam.

https://hsreplay.net/replay/wnER4yF34FXzd42UmiTABS
https://hsreplay.net/replay/Kv6e8VJyKwqi2PK3RtvuAn

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Right but my point is Jade probably isn't gonna be viable in the long run. People are playing it now because it's new, but it seems to have some serious weaknesses. I've been trying to run with it since yesterday and it's really rough now that people have figured out that they just need to go for the face and shut me down early.

But Rogue is like the worst example of a Jade deck. Druid's Jade deck suffers from the same weakness, but at least it can heal itself, maybe put out a taunt or two as well.

cHinzo

Lol, got nothing useful out of my 95 packs. Fck the pity timer too man. 40 packs to get a guaranteed legendary and I got the first one on my 39th pack. -_- Yeah no way I'm spending money on Blizzard games. :"D

ZealousD

Everybody is freaking out about the full Jade Golem package in Druid. Honestly, when the meta settles down I think a Spell Token Druid that runs Mark of the Lotus and maybe just 1 or 2 copies of Jade Idol might turn into the real meta-deck for Druid. You could really blow somebody out with Violet Teacher when you have redundancy in the +1/+1 board spells now.

Jade Druid is very easy to play and the deck builds itself which makes it very attractive early in the expansion. But people will refine spell Druid and I think it'll be stronger.

Szadek

The best way I found to beat Jade as Reno mage is to play it like freeze mage.
I might start running alexstrasza.
The expansion has been out for less than 24 hours. Lol.
Yeah and it's already the pits.
Aggro pirate isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Here is my Reno'Zoth Deck List. Only loss came from a misplay that should have stopped a hunter aggro deck cold.

JscnAoy.png

11p9mer.png

Strider

I find it quite odd they decided to literally specify which of your opponents cards are buffed in their hand yet on the flip side there is no indicator that your own pirates will summon Patches... I've seen quite a few missed attacks with him because people just forgot they'd summon him lol

I think a control deck can beat a jade golem deck if it has a win condition that's not fatigue. You have to put the jade golem deck on a clock. Something like Anyfin Paladin can do this. Reno decks can pull win conditions from something like Yogg in Reno Mage or powerful Inspire effects like Paletress in Reno Priest. Here's a couple replays of my reno games yesterday. I already posted the Priest replay but the Mage one pulled a win condition out of Rafaam.

I feel like needing to put the Jade Golem deck on a clock is the exact proof that control decks are dead - if you're about putting your opponent on a clock to answer what you are playing each turn, then you're probably playing a midrange deck now. Control decks should never have to be on a timer - they can't succeed as such. One definition of control is that the deck gets stronger as the game goes on.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I feel like needing to put the Jade Golem deck on a clock is the exact proof that control decks are dead - if you're about putting your opponent on a clock to answer what you are playing each turn, then you're probably playing a midrange deck now. Control decks should never have to be on a timer - they can't succeed as such. One definition of control is that the deck gets stronger as the game goes on.

Then cthun warrior already killed control decks.

Some control decks get stronger as the game goes on than others. Always have.

ZealousD

There have been control decks in the game that have put people on clocks before. Control Warrior used to put people on a clock with Alexstrasza and Grom. Anyfin Paladin does this now. Slow Warlock decks can Leeroy+PO+Faceless. Basically they have to move in this direction rather than just waiting for Golden Monkey or burning people out with Triple C'Thun.

Classic Control Paladin stays losing.

Fucking hell, I can't even finish the "Win 3 matches with Warrior, Paladin or Hunter" quest.

Old decks don't work and don't have enough new cards to make a decent "expansion" deck.

Dahbomb

Yeah Control decks with definite win conditions can win against Jade. I have been able to beat Jade Druids with Renolock if I can get going before them (and I have the Faceless Leeroy finisher). Anyfin Paladin can win against Druids, Freeze Mage can win against Jade Druids (not really a control deck but just illustrating the point)... most probably Cthun Warrior too.

Control decks which have the win condition of "I am going to answer everything you do" will inherently lose to Jade decks.

Honestly speaking Control decks not having definite win conditions has been an inherent problem with Hearthstone for quite some time. Most other card games have control have some sort of late game combo where if they reach there they win the game. Stuff like Seraph of the End of Havencraft in Shadowverse.

This isn't a Jade Druid only issue. There have been numerous ways to punish pure Control decks in the past (like Deathrattle Nzoth Rogue with Anubarak). Now we just have another way.

Honestly, when the meta settles down I think a Spell Token Druid that runs Mark of the Lotus and maybe just 1 or 2 copies of Jade Idol might turn into the real meta-deck for Druid. You could really blow somebody out with Violet Teacher when you have redundancy in the +1/+1 board spells now.
I have had a similar prediction but I have also that deck running Gadgetans to cycle the cheap 1 mana cards and keep creating Jade Golems while you cycle. It's going to take some time to develop that deck because it's more of a combo deck.

Like my thinking is that the FULL DUMB Jade Druid isn't the way to go just like FULL DISCARD wasn't the way to go with Discard Lock. Right now people are playing all the Jade cards in Druid and just playing curvestone when that's probably not optimum.

Then cthun warrior already killed control decks.

Some control decks get stronger as the game goes on than others. Always have.

There have been control decks in the game that have put people on clocks before. Control Warrior used to put people on a clock with Alexstrasza and Grom. Anyfin Paladin does this now. Slow Warlock decks can Leeroy+PO+Faceless. Basically they have to move in this direction rather than just waiting for Golden Monkey or burning people out with Triple C'Thun.

Classic Control Paladin stays losing.
Control decks can put others on a clock, but Control vs. Control shouldn't be about the clock, it should be about resource management. For example, in Priest vs. Anyfin Paladin, the match isn't about Anyfin Paladin putting the Priest on a clock. It's about the Priest trying to counter the Murlocs so that the Paladin can no longer win with Anyfin, and the Paladin is trying to ensure the Priest has to use its preferred removal on other cards as well.

Trying out Reno Priest and it's ass so far. Lost to new Miracle Rogue, Jade Druid, Hand Buff Paladin, and Zoolock.
Reno Priest, or Reno Shadowpriest? You only really Reno Priest if you're going Shadowform. Otherwise there are too many cards you would rather have 2x of for consistency and excellence.

Shinypogs

Fucking hell, I can't even finish the "Win 3 matches with Warrior, Paladin or Hunter" quest.

Old decks don't work and don't have enough new cards to make a decent "expansion" deck.

Secret hunter still works just fine for me in casual and on ladder, all I've added is one of the new hunter secret. As someone else said though eventually you can complete things through the tavern brawl if your can accept that it will take some time.

I wanna make a reno mage deck with my new kazakus but reno decks seem to want so many legendaries that by the time I have em all reno himself will rotate out. I suppose I could try a sub optimal deck build and see how far that can take me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom