• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

Hobart is going to be one of most underated legendary and ppl will realize too late after Pirate Warrior top tier.

Hail to our new overlord may Control Warrior rest in peace and never show its face again plz

-----

btw shame on you jade druid guy for rage quitting to my Jade Zoth Shammy. I didnt even get a chance to devolve you I was a fudging saint to u

it does face damage when the opponent has no board (>almost never), and you're playing a secret deck which probably doesn't even run AoE. and you can't compare it to Hunter at all since you don't have cards as good as Cloaked Huntress, so no, not really.
the deck isn't even close to be as good as the current tempo Mage, let alone being one of the new tier 1 decks that will populate ladder; the new cards aren't good enough. also just adding some secrets and 2 new cards with secret synergy to the tempo Mage list doesn't really work.

meanwhile eboladin might be back, from what I've seen that deck is pretty disgusting and beats aggro Warrior fairly often.

It is tempo mage + more secrets and synergy. If you can't clear the board you are playing it wrong.

It works just fine, as boring as it is.

fertygo

I think Hobart is kinda weak.. you dont need the buff from his. Just usual upgrade stuff will do.. just run frothing and usual suspect aggro shit

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I'm way more all in on aggression with pirates. Mine right now looks like this.

ARw63OZ.png

...Leeroy is most likely better than Kragg, I just wanted to actually use him, lol.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Thread title not relevant anymore. Requesting change...

Hearthstone |OT8| Don't forget to attack with Patches!

ZeroX03

Banned
I think Hobart is kinda weak.. you dont need the buff from his. Just usual upgrade stuff will do.. just run frothing and usual suspect aggro shit

I don't think he's particularly broken in aggro, but the value over time for him in almost any Warrior deck is just really respectable (if played early). If you play two weapons after that, that's +4 damage assuming they're 2 durability. More if you upgrade. It adds up.

fertygo

I don't think he's particularly broken in aggro, but the value over time for him in almost any Warrior deck is just really respectable (if played early). If you play two weapons after that, that's +4 damage assuming they're 2 durability. More if you upgrade. It adds up.
I think playing him just very weak.. I rather eguip war axe already or play better minion

Btw its aggro deck whatever you do you get correct hand you win

ZeroX03

Banned
I think playing him just very weak.. I rather eguip war axe already or play better minion

Btw its aggro deck whatever you do you get correct hand you win

I think ideal play would be coin Hobart turn 1, War Axe on 2. You're right that the Axe on 2 is huge, and Hobart wants to drop ASAP before any weapons.

Papercuts

I think ideal play would be coin Hobart turn 1, War Axe on 2. You're right that the Axe on 2 is huge, and Hobart wants to drop ASAP before any weapons.

The thing is getting the mass 1 drops is a way better coin scenario. Buccaneer coin first mate + patches pull. Then this can go well into bloodsail corsair or war axe, which goes into either 3 drop pirate, etc. from there.

Pooya

120 packs, I get. Aya, Sally, Wrathion and Knuckles.

I guess it's not the worst, at least I didn't open Mayor and other junk.

My friends list has been disgusting though, why I'm never lucky with packs.

I gotta say, after I learned the packs were bugged I was pretty bummed about it. I am glad blizzard made it right and they didn't skimp out on the apology apparently as the compensation is said to been above the damage, which is a great thing.

Had a great day of playing regardless. I haven't crafted any legendary cards but I did make a few epics to fill in where I already had one.

This is my Goons Paladin deck, only played a little bit of goons but this list was doing pretty well ended with 5-2. (this match was quite insane)

And here is miracle rogue, with questing adventurers, conceal, coldbloods, pretty standard except I don't have thalnos in the list (a bit of an oversight I stuck with) and I am running lotus assassin. Just a quick thought about the card... I like it a lot. This list is pretty degenerate at times. I had turn 4 concedes from other players. For example, turn 3 I played questing + coin + deadly poison. The priest... seeing his 4 attack weak spot couldn't do shit. Next turn I played a bunch of things, including cold blood, got an 8/8 van cleef, and finished with conceal. 11 + 8 attack in conceal... yeah no one is surviving that. It's aptly named "Questing For Aggression". Went 14-4 with it.

ZeroX03

Banned
The thing is getting the mass 1 drops is a way better coin scenario. Buccaneer coin first mate + patches pull. Then this can go well into bloodsail corsair or war axe, which goes into either 3 drop pirate, etc. from there.

Yeah I was thinking about that. Hobart is a weird one because his value builds over time and straight face would prefer sheer numbers. Hobart probably gets more out of slightly slower decks where being able to control the field with a bigger Axe (hi Totem Golem) and you're playing more weapons over time.

Can't say I'm well versed in Warrior builds though obviously.

Papercuts

Yeah I was thinking about that. Hobart is a weird one because his value builds over time and straight face would prefer sheer numbers. Hobart probably gets more out of slightly slower decks where being able to control the field with a bigger Axe (hi Totem Golem) and you're playing more weapons over time.

Can't say I'm well versed in Warrior builds though obviously.

Yeah, I'd agree with that. Hobart might be good and have a place but I don't think it's in pirate. He doesn't synergize with first mate or really work towards the various upgrade effects. There are three pirates that upgrade or buff the attack of a weapon actively in play now which is also relevant when he doesn't actually hit your equipped thing.

He is really good with stuff like thorium knuckles if that works out, but a slower deck is going to work better either way. He only is good in pirate warrior when you get exactly him into exactly war axe, which is less likely than getting any random 1 drop pirate which pulls patches.

Finalow

It is tempo mage + more secrets and synergy. If you can't clear the board you are playing it wrong.
It works just fine, as boring as it is.
I meant just adding a few secrets and those new secret synergy cards to a tempo mage list, which doesn't really work. the decks focusing only on secrets that I've seen don't have many options to clear the board without trading, if any.
it might work fine now but I don't really see the deck being anywhere near the competitive/tier 1 decks most people will play, especially since classic tempo Mage is already better, and an optimized renomage probably gives better results too.

-
you ain't alone.

just go with the flow and pretend you got 5 golden legendaries from a single pack

patchday

120 packs, I get. Aya, Sally, Wrathion and Knuckles.

I guess it's not the worst, at least I didn't open Mayor and other junk.

none has been lucky as me but one buddy got a golden whistle-thing (pally legend)

most of my friends were scared of the pack bug though and waited til after it was fixed tho

Strider

Reno Mage vs Reno Mage is absolutely insane hahahaha

Especially when you both get off high cost spells with Medivhs weapon up and multiple 10 mana spells from Kazakus XD

I wish I had that game recorded.

patchday

so got some of the jade cards to work inside of a miracle rogue shell like the stealth assassin and shaku and the combo shurikens

so got some of the jade cards to work inside of a miracle rogue shell like the stealth assassin and shaku and the combo shurikens

I think shaku fits, although maybe not the best choice I think it works. And I know lotus assassin works cause I been usin that today :)

Maybe not shurikens though. I think you run other removal over that. Think 2 damage is equivalent of a backstab for 2 mana. Shadowstrike + evisc are better imo.

fertygo

That dragon discover thing is fucking disgusting

Seeing so many streamer with dragon priest won just because that card and dragonfire potion already

patchday

I think shaku fits, although maybe not the best choice I think it works. And I know lotus assassin works cause I been usin that today :)

Maybe not shurikens though. I think you run other removal over that. Think 2 damage is equivalent of a backstab for 2 mana. Shadowstrike + evisc are better imo.

oh I fit strike + evis I shoved malygos in this thing too for backup

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Quick and dirty Reno Shadowform Priest.

I blew the fuck out of this Jade Golem Druid by activating Raza, then playing Garrison Commander + Paletress into double legendaries on Turn 9.

I don't have Dragonfire Potion, which is why it's not in the list.

vOyMYsb.png

vaderise

Opened 30 packs, got Kazakus and Inkmaster Solia. And I LOVE Reno decks so i guess i was lucky. Now i have 3300 dust sitting on the corner.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I tried Small Time Recruits Paly, Reno Mage, and Jade Druid.

I don't think Small Time Recruits is going to fit into the meta. There is just too much AoE, and a deck with to many 1 drops runs out of draws far too quick. Dragon Priest also seems to hard counter it. If it does work, I expect it to take a month or two to find a list that really works. Grimestreet Smuggler is not a good card, the effect just doesn't do enough. You are better off putting in a class 3 drop in its place.

I like Kazakus a lot. I think you are almost always better off with the 5 mana option though, it is usually pretty potent at that level. It's really hard to find a turn to play the 10 mana version. Never went for the 1 mana version, its really good value for the mana but you usually aren't that squeezed for mana. All the Kabal Triclass cards are good IMO. Polymorph potion is hard to judge, its pretty good when it hits a big target though.

Jade Druid is a pretty easy deck to pilot, and seems pretty good. I like it, but I haven't had to play against it much yet.

Ladder is full of Dragon Priests tonight, which makes things a bit hard.

zoukka

Is the booster bug fixed?

That dragon discover thing is fucking disgusting

Seeing so many streamer with dragon priest won just because that card and dragonfire potion already

Who would've thought that a pit fighter with discovery and relevant minion type would be gud!

Triz

Opened 20 packs earlier today and pulled a White Eyes as my only legendary, crafted a couple after. Got 7 comp packs and pulled a golden White Eyes. Wish it was one I didn't have, but at least its a decent one.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
90some-odd packs and I got:
Aya Blackpaw
Don Han'cho
Kazakus
Sergeant Sally.

Some ok stuff in there. Not anything earth shattering.

Playing some Reno Mage with Kazakus. He is so great. The 5 and 10 mana potions are just so good. I think the trick with him is going to be when to take the 1 mana ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom