• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
It's still early but it feels like everyone is either playing Reno or still playing the same shitty ass aggro decks.

Not sure how I feel about this.

scoot3r

Did everyone get a free twenty packs? I logged in and it said I got 20 packs added to my account from outside the game.

scarlet

Opponent played jade druid, until the end of game only summoned 1/1 jade golem.

From 22 to 16 now with reno lock (without jaraxxus) lol.

Dahbomb

I think I settle with just Chemist, courier is too much I think
I think both cards are pretty damn good but my 4 slot is very crowded in Renolock so I opted for Courier over Chemist. I like a bit more control over my picks. Card has been very good to me.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Trump's complete card review

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Di5DVzIrUQ

I don't really like the way he built his scale. I haven't counted the number of cards in each category but it seems flat to me, like he's trying to put an equal number of cards in each category. It means you can have a pretty huge power level difference between cards in the 1 star and 5 star categories.

The way my luck shook out I really took a wide detour around the cards you need for a good Pirate Warrior, and I wanted to focus on the outset on building solid decks for each boss, so it's going to be a while until I'm able to build one.

Still, each boss is super fun to play. I got a Murlocalypse quest though, and though I do love Murloc decks, they are rough going in Today's Meta. I'm running the one from the Deck Recipe for Shaman. There's a lot of fun new ones but they still get crushed by pretty much everything out there now.

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm not super lucky with legendaries, but I've had I believe 16 epics out of 60 packs. The game is handing them out like candy. Not that I'm complaining. Two have been gold as well.

Hello beautiful...
49680.gif

I'm not super lucky with legendaries, but I've had I believe 16 epics out of 60 packs. The game is handing them out like candy. Not that I'm complaining. Two have been gold as well.

Hello beautiful...
49680.gif

The golds are beautiful this set. I have a hard "dust all golds" rule until I have every card (except for Legendaries of course), but stuff like that new Bouncer card made it real hard, man.

Can such shitty luck even exist?

If it makes you feel better (quantity is not always better over quality) I opened 107 packs and pulled Knuckles 4 times..

Well, when the welcome bundle launched a month or two ago, I hit a streak of 6 legendaries in 11 packs, one being a golden legendary. So, I'm still riding that high.

And, I bought my packs with gold only with about 20,000 dust banked still, not counting if I DE my golden cards (which I've never DE'd since beta). So, I can craft a bunch of stuff easily.

Szadek

Now that the pirats fucked off the legend, the low ranks are fun again.
I'm doing pretty well right now.
Manic Soulcaster has been very useful to shuffle another Reno or Kazakus into your deck.
Medivh is doing a lot of work in that deck as well.
Currently I'm not playing Archmage since I don't have many cheap spells.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Seems like Dragon Priest would be the natural enemy of Pirate Warrior. Are people just not playing Dragon Priest because they didn't unpack double Dragonfire Potion?

Seems like Dragon Priest would be the natural enemy of Pirate Warrior. Are people just not playing Dragon Priest because they didn't unpack double Dragonfire Potion?

can dragon priest actually win games yet? every dragon deck has the same problem....the top end of the curve does no damage at all and you can lose even if the first 8 rounds are perfect.

Finalow

So many people playing the same old meta decks. Really takes the fun out of experimenting.
Can such shitty luck even exist?
1 legendary in 50 packs? Yep that's me. but I'm pretending I got 15 legendaries out of 30 packs like everyone else~
and that's why I'm still playing mid shaman on ladder. blame blizzard for giving me awful packs rng, folks. I'd put White Eyes as a new card in there but hey, I didn't get one.

as usual, I'm waiting for the meta to establish and then I'll use my dust.

Heropon

I'm finding more difficult to play the new decks because each one feels like it needs a legendary/epic that I lack: Dragonfire Potion, the Reno legendaries, Patches, etc. In Old Gods it was easier because I could just slap Master of Evolution and Thing from Below to my old midrange shaman deck and it was already pretty good against the other halfbaked decks.

Pooya

I'm trying to test paladin and played like 10 games, only in 2 I ended with the buffs in my opening hand despite trying to get them. Of course shit falls apart if you don't get them harder than wild growth as paladin doesn't have any come back or spells to manage the game.

Seems like a broken backwards concept to me overall, I thought it would be better. It's probably good if you're a mulligan wizard, I am sure not one and can't really evaluate how good it is. I tried man. that 5 2/2 is good though.

Dahbomb

I really, really like a lot of this expansion. So many good control/value cards made especially for the Kabal side and plentiful tech options printed.

But god damn Patches and Jade Idol are the ultimate NO FUN ALLOWED cards.

Any deck that contains Patches is going to punish any deck with slow start or a bad opener.

And deck with Jade Idol is going to punish a deck that isn't aggressive enough or has no defined late game combo/finisher.

Why the hell does Patches even exist as a card?

Reynad goes HAM on Patches.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I really, really like a lot of this expansion. So many good control/value cards made especially for the Kabal side and plentiful tech options printed.

Any deck that contains Patches is going to punish any deck with slow start or a bad opener.

And deck with Jade Idol is going to punish a deck that isn't aggressive enough or has no defined late game combo/finisher.

Speakin' of which... Noodle playing patches https://clips.twitch.tv/reynad27/InnocentWalrusBigBrother

I still dont quite get how awesome and game breakin' patches is but ... gotta admit i've forgotten to attack with him like 3 out of 5 times i've played a pirate.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

Your definition of HAM is weird.

Here is Reynad playing patches.

https://clips.twitch.tv/reynad27/InnocentWalrusBigBrother

Patches OP.

Noogenfloogen should at least only affect your opponent. It is completely useless as is.

Szadek

Speakin' of which... Noodle playing patches https://clips.twitch.tv/reynad27/InnocentWalrusBigBrother

I still dont quite get how awesome and game breakin' patches is but ... gotta admit i've forgotten to attack with him like 3 out of 5 times i've played a pirate.
Just think about patches as a 0 mana 1/1 charge ,draw a card, but instead of drawing him, you don't want to draw him before you play your first pirate, which happens much more often anyway.

OK look at this like this. Patches means your opponent is playing with 29 life and 1 Hero Power wasted and that's close to the best case scenario for him. At the cost of playing a 29 card deck.

FeD.nL

Solia is kinda how I expected her to be, she's.. okay so far. Like I wish you could either bank her effect for a future turn or that she at least draws a card, or even that she just costs a mana less. Like right now she feels too fair for the limits a highlander deck imposes on using her.

Finalow

Patches is definitely very strong. chances of drawing him after you mulligan or in the first 1-2 turns are low, which means it'll be a very strong card in almost every match.

speaking of really strong cards, Jinyu Waterspeaker. I can see that card being played in every Shaman deck if this aggro meta becomes a thing, or even if it doesn't it will probably be played anyway, it's just that good. (rip Healing Wave)

Haven't put a lot of time into it but so far I much prefer buff paladin to jade Druid. Jade Druid is much slower to get the golem ball rolling than I had hoped. Meanwhile goon paladin is dropping some insanely buffed cards by turn 3. That taunt that costs 2 less when your opponent has three minions is the secret best card of the deck.

At least jade golem gives us an answer to the pick only 2/3 card brawls so you can no longer be milled to death.

I dislike the Jade Golem mechanic as much as I thought I would. The hand-buffed minions are boring, but thus far reasonably balanced. Jade Golems are anti-control meta and punish players for striving for a long game. They're like a midrange strategy that consistently annihilates control.

I already fought someone using the Auctioneer Jade Druid deck combo, but luckily he wasn't very competent with it and burned both Auctioneers for very little in return (Auctioneer + Swipe wut?). Even with his incompetent play, it was a close match. That deck will be infuriating when it comes into its own.

That's not even a cost.

That's a benefit.

^

Hycran

Banned
Loved that I got free 20 packs even though I wasn't as affected by the bug as most. I am the happy owner of two golden Kabal Chemists though...

I got two finja and ink master in my packs. Got enough dust to do some crafting but probably going to hold off until the meta settles. Is Aya auto include in jade decks so far? Obviously it seems so but I'd hate to craft it like I crafted huhuran last xpac

zoukka

No because jade druid fares well against pirates and absolutely crushes dragon priest.

Poor dragon priest, on paper the deck is awesome.

Szadek

Yup, these are pretty much the reason why I'm most likely going to quit HS in a few days once these decks are literally everywhere.
Control is basically dead until 2018 and chances are we can't even escape to wild this time around. Thanks blizzard.

Just messing around I made a Reno'Zoth Buff Palladin. It starts off really slow, by turn 7-8I usually haven't gone face a single time. But eventually I can control the board and over 2 turns take them down. I went 5-1 last night with the deck. MVP is Grim Street Enforcer. I can get him out turn 5 at a 6/6 or 7/7, and he is damn hard to clear. I played a 12/12 Rag last night that just cut down my opponent. I need a bit more board clear so I think I am going to craft a Sally and see if that will help control the board a bit, but overall, it may be a weak-ish deck but damn, its fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom