• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mulgrok

Are you not running noble sacrifice? Or are they just constantly using spell removal on MC?

no, noble sacrifice is counter value to my deck. especially when i have return kodo and redemption on a lot of divine shield and deathrattle minions.

Removed mysterious challenger and most secrets. My deck seems to have the problem of my opponents getting perfect curves and me drawing minions and buffing them means I am dead by turn 4.

bunbun777

Most fun with my new and improved Reno priest deck. No shadow but I've managed to hold my own in quite a few matches. Have to get it to higher ranks before the disappointment settles in.

zoukka

The shit you can do with counterfeit coins is insane.

Also if you play FWA then upgrade upgrade, go fuck yourself. Does rogue have any anti aggro tools at all? I don't stand a chance until even patches free Pirate Warrior, unless I get a van cleef start I can't race and there's little I can do to stop them w/o diluting the deck.

Rogue is dead now officially at least in the ladder.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Kolento has an 8/15 Doomsayer in his hand right now, lol.

Edit He played it as an 11/18, lol

ViviOggi

Hearthstone_Screenshot_12-02-16_22.44.36.png

Hearthstone_Screenshot_12-02-16_22.45.21.png

no comment

Golden Patches in my free packs from Blizzard's mistake. I doubt I will ever use him, that deck style doesn't appeal to me, but damn, the card looks cool.

br3wnor

The 4 packs from the 2 quest rewards (haven't done the Kabal one yet) have netted me Patches and Don Han'cho, which ain't bad. Are they "loaded" to give you a a Legendary or two to start out with? Seems a little too lucky for me to get 2 so close to each other.

Nah, even though it feels that way. I got 3 legendaries in 3 consecutive packs once. Also got 2 in 80 packs another time. Just complete luck of the draw. Enjoy!

Barrage

It'll take time to see if Jade Druid is as unstable as it looks right now, or if people are just piloting them wrong.

All I know is I beat a JD Deck with a sloppy Custom Shaman deck, even after he got up to 12/12 Golems. And they job to Aggro constantly. They don't feel that invincible to me so far.

Mulgrok

That feeling when Don Han'cho buffs Doppleganster so you can play 3 7/7's for 5 mana...

with the cards to thin out 1 drops I find it really easy to value with the Don. Even if I don't get it on a dopplegangster I can play him on turn 8 with a 1 mana minion for extreme tempo.

edit: that feel when you play 8/8 dopplegangsters and priest can't do anything about it.

edit2:
Just tried out the new Pirate Warrior, Jade Druid and Eboladin. Man Pirate Warrior and Eboladin are really fast decks. Felt even faster than playing the old-skool Face Hunter back in the days. Jade Druid seems like an auto win against slower classes, like Priest. They just don't have the removal for that sick late game. Also tried to make some slower midrangey and a Dragon Paladin deck, but both sucked really hard.

I am finding the game way more tempo driven than before. If I miss any turns at the start I am probably dead.

cHinzo

Just tried out the new Pirate Warrior, Jade Druid and Eboladin. Man Pirate Warrior and Eboladin are really fast decks. Felt even faster than playing the old-skool Face Hunter back in the days. Jade Druid seems like an auto win against slower classes, like Priest. They just don't have the removal for that sick late game. Also tried to make some slower midrangey and a Dragon Paladin deck, but both sucked really hard. Guess the only way to net some wins is to play Paladin like zoo.

Edit: dafuq just destroyed a Warlock on turn 4.

N'Zoth first mate + coin + Small-time buckaneer on turn 1.
Bloodsail Raider turn 2.
Argent Horserider turn 3.
Double Heroic Strike turn 4.

Disgusting.

How much did this expansion effect Arena? Are new cards even dropping in Arena yet?

Mage still top tier?

If anyone knows the answer and/or has a link that would help it would be much appreciated!

cHinzo

Fuck it I'm gonna draft wickerflame and if it doesn't work out take it to wild where I have avenge.

I just crafted Wickerflame. He's a really cool. The heal is great and it stops aggro like a boss, pretty early on turn 3. It just kinda sucks that Paladin has no viable midrange or control deck, because they get destroyed by Pirate Warriors if they don't have any early game minions when playing midrange or control.

I honestly don't know what Blizzard was thinking with Jade Golems.

Like, if you draw well you're literally unbeatable.

The times my opponents are dropping large jade idols I have won. I was playing renolock brew I built just to play 50 warlock cards. My opponent was playing a ton of 10/10s and up from jade idols. So I just leeroy + doomguard his face and he is dead. And that was with a shitty deck I came up with in a minute. But I am talking every time that has happened. When I have lost to jade golems, it was well before the golems even got large, it's because my deck bricked on draws.

_DrMario_

The times my opponents are dropping large jade idols I have won. I was playing renolock brew I built just to play 50 warlock cards. My opponent was playing a ton of 10/10s and up from jade idols. So I just leeroy + doomguard his face and he is dead. And that was with a shitty deck I came up with in a minute. But I am talking every time that has happened. When I have lost to jade golems, it was well before the golems even got large, it's because my deck bricked on draws.

So he was up to 10/10s and he wasn't putting up walls with Argus? Sounds like he drew poorly.

manhack

Hotform is facing like 90% pirate decks at Rank 5 and lower.

Yeah same trend everywhere. It's very strong and fast deck, so people are flying up the ranks.

I think it has a couple of bad match-ups, but nobody wants to climb with them. Control warrior with the new armorsmith is particularly good against them.

The meta feels very rock paper scissors at the moment, but I think folks going for Legend are just gonna go with fast.

CoolOff

How much did this expansion effect Arena? Are new cards even dropping in Arena yet?

Mage still top tier?

If anyone knows the answer and/or has a link that would help it would be much appreciated!

Early days but there are a few contenders for number 1 now at least. Both Rogue and Priest are up there with Mage.

As long as the set bonus is in play, Priest-drafts are bonkers.

Warlock is very strong too.

3-0 with Reno Mage, all against Jade Shaman. Guess my bitching was premature.

Seems like a really solid deck right now but you have to play a long game and it's tough against golems. Volcanic Potion puts in some work. Solia is great, as expected.

bjaelke

Mage still top tier?

https://www.reddit.com/r/hearthstone/comments/5fwmoe/lightforge_arena_tier_list_msg_meta_full/

Merps and Adwcta rated their top 10 cards from the set:
Jade Claws (87)
Potion of Madness (82)
Piranha Launcher (80)
Jade Shuriken (78)
Kabal Talonpriest (76)
Jade Lightning (75)
Grimestreet Protector (71)
Dragonfire Potion (70)
Abyssal Enforcer (70)

It appears that Mage is no longer the top pick (with the Gadgetzan occurrence bonus still active) although I haven't had a chance to try them myself yet.

molnizzle

Couldn't even make it out of rank 20 with Jade Rogue.

Say fuck it and make a Face Warrior deck.

Currently on a 6-0 run!

lol

I just crafted Wickerflame. He's a really cool. The heal is great and it stops aggro like a boss, pretty early on turn 3. It just kinda sucks that Paladin has no viable midrange or control deck, because they get destroyed by Pirate Warriors if they don't have any early game minions when playing midrange or control.
That's why I'm also running 2 Mistress of Mixtures, she's been overperforming. not to mention that pirate warrior is well of to legend already.

That Daring Reporter dude is pretty underrated in Arena. Dude just won me two games, one of them being against a warlock who somehow kept using Mortal Coil and his hero power while buffing my guy lol

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I crafted Patches and the Warrior Legendary. This Warrior pirate deck is stupidly good.

Like why is this allowed. I equipped a FWA with 7/4. Wtf.

patchday

been having fun with my jade zoth shaman. Got rekt by a reno priest tho in the late game. He entombed, drakon operative, and did some other crap. I need to get better at fighting off priests

Couldn't even make it out of rank 20 with Jade Rogue.

Say fuck it and make a Face Warrior deck.

Currently on a 6-0 run!

lol

my friends been running some kinda weird jade zoth rogue deck. one guy climbed to 16 seemed like in no time. But not sure if that says much right with so much experimentation happening.

molnizzle

my friends been running some kinda weird jade zoth rogue deck. one guy climbed to 16 seemed like in no time. But not sure if that says much right with so much experimentation happening.

When I was getting the draws my Jade'Zoth deck was pretty great too. Problem was I felt like too often I got a busted draw. Pirate Warrior seems to be a lot more consistent. Granted I'm making my own decks here so I could just be bad at drafting.

I hope Druid doesn't end up being the best. I already have 500 wins. lol

gutshot

Lifecoach's Dragon Pirate Warrior has been tearing it up for me. It wrecks regular Pirate Warrior but is still aggressive enough to race down the Golem decks.

fertygo

Pretty sure Patches gonna ended up nerfed, I don't know why they ever pass card like that

too bad we at least gonna suffer for month before that

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The funny thing with Patches is they openly said it was a card in the works before and couldn't be printed because it was too good with cards like that old rogue Pirate that's in wild now alongside ship's cannon.

Then they go along and add him in a set alongside a new premium 1 drop aggro pirate. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom