• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjaelke

Anyone got a good Kazakus deck to recommend cause i tried him in priest and it just does not work.

Reno Mage. Dog got Legend (rank 2) with it earlier today. Great counter to the pirate shenanigans.

2qopcEj.png

jgminto

I wonder if Mistress of Mixtures will end up seeing play in Dragon Priest, I recall Zombie Chow was played in Dragon Priest pre-Standard and hitting an early drop with Talonpriest is an absolutely insane opening at the moment but having more non-Dragons will lower the consistency when fishing for activators.

I wonder if Mistress of Mixtures will end up seeing play in Dragon Priest, I recall Zombie Chow was played in Dragon Priest pre-Standard and hitting an early drop with Talonpriest is an absolutely insane opening at the moment but having more non-Dragons will lower the consistency when fishing for activators.

Mistress of mixtures... kinda weak cause of patches. 3 hp of zombie chow turns out to be much more valuable than self healing I think.

Xanathus

So... it turns out that there's a deck that's pretty good in the current Pirate Warrior/anti-Pirate Warrior meta that everybody seems to have forgotten because I have encountered zero mirror match-ups. I don't really wanna post it yet until I get my 5.

fertygo

Stancifka currently rank 1 with renolock his list had very low curve and peaked out with felfire potion mountain giant tho

Dre

Crafted Patches plus Leeroy and went 22-6 with Pirate Warrior. I'm now sitting at rank 5 and it's just the 3rd of the month/season.

I genuinely think that Blizzard fucked up there, this deck is so OP and I can't believe I am already done ranking for the month. Leeroy isn't even needed, he won me just two or three games, that's how broken the deck is.

Needless to say I feel dirty, extremely dirty, I think I'll go take a shower.

ZeroX03

Banned
okay fuck it crafting Pirate Warrior, I'll take some easy ranks even if it only lasts a week.

Crafted Patches plus Leeroy and went 22-6 with Pirate Warrior. I'm now sitting at rank 5 and it's just the 3rd of the month/season.

Hobart as well?

manhack

Been having a great time in the rank 16-14 area. There are a few pirate warrior, but it is pretty interesting overall.

Jade Druid can pull off some disgusting turns. I wasn't too into Maly Druid, but I can see why it is a lot of fun to play.

Rogue isn't clicking with me, in terms of winrate, but I've enjoyed my time with it.

I've experimented with Patron Warrior using Goon Buffs and it does very well vs. Pirate Warrior (still get killed on turn 4 sometimes though)

Jade Shaman is actually a lot of fun. I avoided Shaman while it was 50% of the meta and now it is good to be back.

My favorite deck might turn out to be some variation of Reno Warlock though. Damn there are a lot of ways to build it.

I'm experimenting with Cho'gall and, unlike after his release, he is absolutely surpassing expectations. Sergeant Sally is also good for an extra board clear. Too early to say if either of those will remain in my list but they are fun.

Savjz has a cool Krul Reno list - I don't have him yet - so I might try Stancifkas deck later. I think the Leeroy Combo might be the best way to beat much of the meta right now despite doing well with my current comboless list.

patchday

once again I find myself going striahgt into an aggro deck to climb the ladder more easily. There's just no counter play to priest theyt can just peek into your deck and now pick yer card at will. Not OP but annoying along with Entomb

I wouldn't mind running a more thoughtful control deck but its just not right to put all your hard work into building a nice, hard to play greedy deck and get spanked by a priest and I have no idea to tech against. Unlike MtG style games I cant 'block' Entomb/Silence/etc

So crafted Patches. screw everyone on this ladder yo I'm enjoying these fast instawins.

(once I get back to rank 15 where Priests more rare I go back to Control)

I forgot Eternal exists after MSOG came out lol... at least I don't feel bad about missing quests there. They don't seem that important.

I like a lot of the mechanics there but I have way too much fun in HS

jgminto

Switching to Pirate Warrior to beat Priest seems like an odd choice, Priest is probably the best pick against Pirate decks at this early stage. The win or loss will come quickly for the Pirate Warrior I suppose.

what needs nerfing with pirate warrior is actually usage increase in weapons. There's no world I should be hit by a 8/3 arcanite reaper 3 times after already getting hit for 6 once by it.

I am running heals, taunts, weapon removal, boardwipes, low curve minions and am still getting bursted down from 20+. Unless you make an anti deck your draws are just not going to be as consistent.

ZeroX03

Banned
Crafted everything for Pirate Warrior except Hobart. Starting at 20 from last season. Let's roll.

e: turn one N'Zoth First Mate, Patches, Coin, Small-Time gg. turn two Small-Time Upgrade gg more.

Played reno control priest from r23 to r16 and boy am I having fun. I tend to lose more often than win vs jade decks but otherwise I have a very good chance to win. It remains to be seen how well I will do one month from now but for now it's all good.

Priest, warlock and paladin are quite rare on the ladder at these ranks.

patchday

Paladin burnbrittle seem like good pirate war counter if they can buff him a little (with all those hand buffs). I didnt get him from a pack but he seems pretty good for pally fans

Crafted everything for Pirate Warrior except Hobart. Starting at 20 from last season. Let's roll.

e: turn one N'Zoth First Mate, Patches, Coin, Small-Time gg

oh shat I forgot to put Hobart in this pirate deck I'm so bad. hobart was 1st legend I got from a pack

(nvm I have him here he just never ever comes out)

patchday

Turn 7, but they had removal and/or taunt every turn, they had a perfect defensive hand and still lost.

this is why I am thinking Paladin is equipped to deal with Pirate Warrior? (I lost to a well played one just earlier but I'm no Warrior expert they my least played class on ladder)

But Rogues are frakked with no Taunt. Although I wonder would a Pirate rogue work with some deadly poisons

this is why I am thinking Paladin is equipped to deal with Pirate Warrior? (I lost to a well played one just earlier but I'm no Warrior expert they my least played class on ladder)

But Rogues are frakked with no Taunt. Although I wonder would a Pirate rogue work with some deadly poisons

Anti decks don't work, I could make my deck to beat warrior every time but then I'd lose to everything else out there. Where I'm at right now is that the matchup would be good if my draws were more consistent but the only way to make it so would dilute the deck otherwise.

patchday

Anti decks don't work, I could make my deck to beat warrior every time but then I'd lose to everything else out there. Where I'm at right now is that the matchup would be good if my draws were more consistent but the only way to make it so would dilute the deck otherwise.

I dunno burnbristle looks really tight. I will craft him at some point if he doesn't get unpacked in a few weeks

EmiPrime

I let my self-loathing take over and bought 40 packs and immediately got buyer's remorse but I got Genzo, Patches, golden Kazakus, Finja and Wrathion so I don't feel too bad about it now!

ZeroX03

Banned
Currently 10-2. Second loss was to a secret Hunter who got double explosive traps to clear my field while I drew only weapons after that.

Brass Knuckles buffing a Leeory multiple times is some bullshit.

patchday

Currently 10-2. Second loss was to a secret Hunter who got double explosive traps to clear my field while I drew only weapons after that.

Brass Knuckles buffing a Leeory multiple times is some bullshit.

dang never did craft leeroy and now I regret it

ZeroX03

Banned
E: 18-4 with Pirate Warrior.

Lost to a Zoolock who got a crazy hand while I got nothing, and a Rogue that had an 8/8 VanCleef on turn 1 and I still almost won.

patchday

actually faring much better with my tempo mage atm than my pirate war. Its a typical tempo mage with manic soulcaster to copy things :D

I used to go to Wild to run Duplicate. glad i dont have to go there anymore to play around with duping things on a mage. can just stay on standard ladder

edit- my pirate warrior has hobart & patches but missing leeroy/brassknuckles so that might be the extra win more i am missing and due to lack of experience with Warrior.

Finalow

Reno Mage. Dog got Legend (rank 2) with it earlier today. Great counter to the pirate shenanigans.
-
wait, you're saying Dog got legend with a deck that isn't pirate Warrior in a ladder full of pirate Warriors? B-but how, pirate Warrior is the most unbeatable and OP deck ever created, you can tell because some gaffers managed to climb out of their rank 20s with it.
he must have used hacks

wait, you're saying Dog got legend with a deck that isn't pirate Warrior in a ladder full of pirate Warriors? B-but how, pirate Warrior is the most unbeatable and OP deck ever created, you can tell because some gaffers managed to climb out of their rank 20s with it.
he must have used hacks

people make legend with basic decks.

patchday

I got my first hate message! I'm a top decking [expletive]!

I still remember my first one and it was from a Priest too which made me extra giddy. even took a screenshot and posted here

(granted I get rage friends all the time but I normally turn them down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom