• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmiPrime

Murloc paladin is really good, I don't know why people are sleeping on it. You can vomit murlocs all over the board with Finja and Murloc Knight and your garbage minions stick because of cards that buff your hand. Small Time Recruits refills your hand.

Otnopolit

You must have a lot of time to shitpost when you're roping every turn in Hearthstone!

Also you fail at reading comprehension, since I'm bashing Blizzard's bullshit, reactionary class buffing they did in MSG, and you're trying to insinuate I'm a Blizzard shill.

I also hate Blizzard's retarded matchmaking, awful ladder, and linear design. Jade Idols is pretty much the dumbest mechanic I've ever seen.

But that's the meta we are given, and I'm really trying to be less of a shit poster myself, so instead of bitching about aggro, Jade Idols, and Blizzard's brute forcing Priest into a top tier class I'd rather play the game and try to counter the meta instead of complaining about it.

It's also great that you can curve from Kazakus on 4 to a generated spell on 5 if you need to.

I also got epics at a higher rate in the new packs than I expected. The ones I really wanted were Brass Knuckles, and I got 3, and Dirty Rat, of which I got zero.

If we ever get to a meta where lots of people are playing Doomsayer, Dirty Rat is going to be an auto-include. It's one of the best possible plays into a Doomsayer.

The rat has been very unkind to me. Pulled a Jade Behemoth and then an opponent pulled one of my minions on their turn after I played Doomsayer. Good tech card, but can be risky!

bjaelke

o4THFh8.png

HearthArena's tier list based on 250,000 games.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
So, is Taunt Warrior now the slowest viable version of Warrior?

Levi

Banned
So, is Taunt Warrior now the slowest viable version of Warrior?

http://www.hearthstonetopdecks.com/...t-i-know-a-guy-stolen-goods-alley-armorsmith/

BqiCfhV.jpg

Gained 45 armor in a deck that doesn't run Justicar. I had two 5/7 Alley Armorsmiths that attacked multiple times each for 5 armor gain each time. It's an Nzoth control warrior with a few Taunt synergy cards thrown in, so I don't know if you classify that as Control or Taunt, but it seems viable and shits on aggro if you can get a good mulligan.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Miracle rogue just killed me with a 30/6 red mana wyrm on turn 7. What the hell.

Gadgetzan into two preps, two coins, two cold bloods, backstab, eviscerate, some other bullshit.

That sucked.

I really, really wonder how Jade Idol ever made it out of the concept phase.

How can we be 3 years into Hearthstone and Blizzard is still completely inept? It's mind blowing.

Dart

Beardo, Raza, Shadow form works well together...

Just won a game against Druid with board golems,

0 mana hero power (shadowform)

3 mana Beardo

0 mana hero

1 mana Powerword shield

0 mana hero

1 mana jade idol

0 mana hero

0 mana freeze potion

0 mana hero

Could have done more but, won game by then

patchday

man I should try for at least rank 5 this month cause I have no probs with the decks you guys mention

Now I can understand a Control deck having troubles with jade druid but even on my Control Shaman ive spanked them brutally

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Surprised to see Warlock that high. I mean yeah Abyssal Enforcer is kinda broken in Arena but I would've expected Priest to be in that slot.

Abyssal Enforcer is situationally Dr. Boom levels of crazy. And in arena, that situation happens a lot. If you made Dr. Boom a common in one class I'd imagine you'd see similar results.

Priest was also bottom tier before. Warlock was higher up to start with. As good as Talonpriest and Potion of Madness are, I don't think you can expect them to carry the class from last to first.

Dahbomb

Abyssal Enforcer is situationally Dr. Boom levels of crazy. And in arena, that situation happens a lot. If you made Dr. Boom a common in one class I'd imagine you'd see similar results.
They already did, it's Firelands Portal for Mage.

I think Abyssal Enforcer is even better than that in most cases but the damage to face is relevant when playing Warlock. People always rush you down in Arena.

In Constructed, I am very much liking Abyssal Enforcer, I think it's a keeper in Renolock. It's not that broken though but it's nice. Right now I am feeling it as a 4.5 / 5.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
In Constructed, I am very much liking Abyssal Enforcer, I think it's a keeper in Renolock. It's not that broken though but it's nice. Right now I am feeling it as a 4.5 / 5.

You're going to come around and give it 5/5 eventually. =)

patchday

so far on reddit I only see Control warrior thread complaining and I have 0 sympathy for that class lol (or rather that deck I mean)

Dahbomb

You're going to come around and give it 5/5 eventually. =)
Maybe but 5/5 is like Patches, Jade Idol, Darkonid type broken. Abyssal Enforcer doesn't feel as broken, just a very good card.

At least I wouldn't be on blast for it though. I always knew it would be good but I think with so many AOEs in Warlock it's possible to cut in certain metas. If this Pirate Warrior thing becomes super dominant then you might put Demonwrath back in.

so far on reddit I only see Control warrior thread complaining and I have 0 sympathy for that class lol (or rather that deck I mean)

Every expansion it seems like control warriors complain. Then some talented control warrior player makes a list and it just shows how bad people are at deck building or perhaps how difficult deck building is.

I think alley armorsmith is a really powerful card. It might not make a better deck than c'thun warrior though.

Maybe but 5/5 is like Patches, Jade Idol, Darkonid type broken. Abyssal Enforcer doesn't feel as broken, just a very good card.

At least I wouldn't be on blast for it though. I always knew it would be good but I think with so many AOEs in Warlock it's possible to cut in certain metas. If this Pirate Warrior thing becomes super dominant then you might put Demonwrath back in.

It's also not terribly difficult to play around a 7 mana 3 damage aoe and aggressive decks can take advantage of the self damage it causes. With hellfire you can even reno in the same turn. I think it's still a 4/5.

I'm teched to beat pirate warrior and all I'm facing is Reno decks. Feels bad man.

This is why pirate warrior is a strong deck. The more you warp your deck the worse it actually becomes in the overall meta.

Which is why I am playing dragon priest. You need to warp your deck the least there imo and you can still go the distance with control. I mean, between drakonid operative and netherspite historian you may actually end up with more late game bombs than they do.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, I'm liking hand buff warrior way better than hand buff paladin, at least for my playstyle.

You're actually rewarded for having a bunch of spells and weapons because it allows you to aim your buffs, unlike paladin where you want as many minions in hand as possible.

Ok, I'm liking hand buff warrior way better than hand buff paladin, at least for my playstyle.

You're actually rewarded for having a bunch of spells and weapons because it allows you to aim your buffs, unlike paladin where you want as many minions in hand as possible.

I tried warrior. I will try more. I want to make a more midrange list, but I don't think it'll be better than dragon warrior so maybe it won't be relevant til next expansion.

I think between alley armorsmith and doppelgangster it has a lot of potential though. Maybe there is a list that can compete alongside dragon warrior. The other aspect is warrior's buffing weapons in hand, which is something paladin doesn't have access to.

Also the taunt buff is particularly powerful +3/+3. Pirate warrior can't beat that on alley I think!

patchday

Every expansion it seems like control warriors complain. Then some talented control warrior player makes a list and it just shows how bad people are at deck building or perhaps how difficult deck building is.

I think alley armorsmith is a really powerful card. It might not make a better deck than c'thun warrior though.

Ah. Good to see them finally shaking in their boots. I had to fight a load of them back-to-back last season and this was just to get into rank 15 last season

(even more then freakin' shaman I thought by far)

Didnt see them for a little while after whenb I push up to 14 but I got distracted by other games like usual so stopped playing

This is why pirate warrior is a strong deck. The more you warp your deck the worse it actually becomes in the overall meta.

Ah yes I am finding it much easier to get wins on my slightly modified tempo mage. only had 1 option slot that I could fit a Manic soulcaster. I'll eventually rotate it out and toss in something else (like volcanic potion)

Pooya

Second rate bruiser is quite alright, it's quite easy to have activated against pirate warrior. It's better than expected imo.

Hobart has great potential for Control Warrior. It's a 2 mana card that perfectly fits the curve and most CWs are already running 2x Fiery Axes and Gorehowl, which would provide amazing value for those fatigue games.

First match of the day with taunt goons, vs pirate warrior huehue

.eJwNzEEOgyAQAMC_cBd2ERB9gfc-wBDcgIkCge2p6d_becB8xLvfYhOZuY1NqfMasfZTDq49JJKp1nRTaNeQsT4qMIeYHyo8FDpEuxgAsGg9rNorbc0COBsHM-oFV-PUTqFz_neFjlfsRGXkygfqCeYJ3YFWIkjtZStJfH8xpCyI.wLXWgXLuejdI2cEDfW1kePH1WzI

It's probably not better than anyfin even though anyfin requires more cards. That's just my reaction to seeing a combo like that.

It's sorta like a combo with ET but I guess it's a bit better than that.

It could be okay but it does require you to have 3 specific legendary cards and basically an empty hand of minions to pull it off... and then even a bad card to pair with it all.

patchday

ended up having to netdeck a jade miracle rogue. Really have to work on my deckbuilding skills... People had these decks developed before expansion released for goodness sakes

Granted the choices are obvious. Still not sure how good this deck is... I have my doubts. just beat a buff paladin.l I dunno.

man I could probably climb so much better if I just stuck with my high win rate decks but I get bored and want to exp[eriment all the time.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I can't get over how much of a waste of a card Nooggeenflooogggeeen is.

There is no reason it has to be so overcosted. It hurts you nearly as much as the opponent. It would be a way better silly card if it was 5 mana.

Dahbomb

There is no reason it has to be so overcosted. It hurts you nearly as much as the opponent. It would be a way better silly card if it was 5 mana.

Nope, the card is very appropriately costed/stated. Should've been 10 mana in fact.

This card can break the game. Like imagine a Mage which has Flamestrike/Freezes/Blizzard type spells and combines with Greater Arcane Missiles to hit face with. That would be the most unfun deck to play against.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Nope, the card is very appropriately costed/stated. Should've been 10 mana in fact.

This card can break the game. Like imagine a Mage which has Flamestrike/Freezes/Blizzard type spells and combines with Greater Arcane Missiles to hit face with. That would be the most unfun deck to play against.

Sounds more fun and silly than freeze mage. At least then you can still get lucky and nail naggerstinker. And aoe still gets it. 5 mana 3/2 or 3/3 nogglefinkle would have been more fun.

I kinda wish mistress of mixtures was a 1/3 instead of 2/2. Would probably be a legitimate anti-aggro card.

At 5 mana you play it in a lot decks. If you're far behind on turn 5 that card seems like it could be the best thing to play.

Yes let's give Yogg style "fun" cards good stats, what could go wrong?

I think your PTSD is triggering you :D

Noggen isn't a yogg even at 5 mana. Would be way too common for the card effect though. It probably doesn't single handed turn a game at least. I think it's more of a defensive card to buy time than anything.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I kinda wish mistress of mixtures was a 1/3 instead of 2/2. Would probably be a legitimate anti-aggro card.

At 5 mana you play it in a lot decks. If you're far behind on turn 5 that card seems like it could be the best thing to play.

If you're far behind i don't see how mayor brings you back. Playing it as a sole minion against a big board is pointless. The first swing might miss him, still goes face. Second swing might miss him, still goes face. Third swing likely gets him.

Play it into an empty board and any minion specific spell kills him.

I dunno, I still think he is way weaker than loatheb at 5 mana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom