• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroX03

Banned
Okay I'm calling it a night. Went from rank 20 to 10 with Pirate Warrior. Think my final score was something like 28-5. Deck is pretty insane.

Here's the list, it's not final, don't have Hobart and haven't decided on Knuckles vs Reaper.

IA9dics.png

Strider

Reno Dragon Priest is a good time... Especially when you beat a Renolock by using Krul which summons an Entombed Abyssal Enforcer and 3 demons from a Kazakus spell lol

Kazakus is quickly moving up as one of my favorite cards ever.

bunbun777

Kazak attack is legit. I rezzed 2 of my minions and turned my opponent's minion into a purple leather(?) clad sheep for the low low price of only 5 mana.

Levi

Banned
Aggro is good in an unsettled meta? Who knew?

I realize some of you have never played in an aggro meta before, since midrange Shaman slowed the game down significantly, but this isn't new or surprising.

Heropon

This arena run is being so tense. The first Warlock summons a Jaraxxus he got from a discover card when I was going to kill him and couldn't use the felfire potion but then he suddenly had enough HP to blow up my board. The second one uses Bane of Doom as a desperation move when he has 1 HP and summons Mal'Ganis. Thankfully I won that match because he had to kill it when he entered fatigue.

6 wins matches are the worst.

Szadek

I realize some of you have never played in an aggro meta before, since midrange Shaman slowed the game down significantly, but this isn't new or surprising.
Turn 4 lethal is pretty new.

bidguy

Banned

pirate warrior can easily kill on turn 4. show me a time where that was possible.

Kettch

Although it doesn't work thematically, I think a solid Patches nerf would be to remove his pirate tag. The problem I have with the deck is that at least half the time, my opponent goes turn 1 pirate, turn 2 war axe, turn 3 cultist. You somehow need to coin out 1 or 2 early game removal cards to deal with that in time, and even if you manage that you're probably fucked because you just used all your removal and your coin and the opponent still has a war axe and a 3/4 on the board even without the weapon buff.

I had a game where I went turn 1 2/3 coin 2/3, turn 2 2/4 taunt and when my opponent's turn 3 was over he had a 4/1 weapon, a 1/1 and a 3/4 against my clear board. That's just stupid.

I've resorted to just putting double ooze in all my decks, but it still isn't fun to rely on drawing one card to win or lose a match-up.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
All the sudden I'm playing a bunch of midrange Shamans with Small-Time Buccaneer + patches...

I said on the review stream that it wouldn't surprise me if you put Patches in your deck when you run only two pirates, but somehow I wasn't even thinking in the direction of those two pirates being small-time buccaneer or that this would happen outside of rogue/warrior.

ETA until Hunter figures this out with Glaivezooka in Wild?

Turn 4 lethal is pretty new.

pirate warrior can easily kill on turn 4. show me a time where that was possible.

Murloc decks have been able to do this for awhile.

Mixed2k

So, while I was quickly making a buff paladin deck, I noticed an old interesting card... C'thun. Did anyone else have the same idea and what were the results?
I only played 2 games but managed to use Han'cho or whatever his name is and got a 15/15 c'thun.
Should be incredibly inconsistent but it was fun.

Edit: to make it clear, I only used 2 c'thun buffing cards in the deck, the 2 cultists.

Dahbomb

Anyone can get sub turn 4 kills against Handlock.

I can't tell you how many times I have been killed before putting down a Giant or Drake playing as Handlock. Especially against Tempo Mage players.

While I am not putting all this stock into turn 4-5 PW, it is undeniable that the deck is hella buffed and was already playable before.

molnizzle

So I bought a set of 15 of the promo card packs for cheap on eBay but I guess I already redeemed 5 at one point because Battle.net would only let me add 10 of them (there's an account max of 15).

Is there anyone who hasn't used all 15? I'll PM you the codes. It'll get you 5 classic packs.

Inversive

There isn't a single ounce of creativity in the hearthstone community, 70% of games are the braindead pirate warrior deck, shamans, face hunters or fucking jade druid. Dear lord.

Strider

ETA until Hunter figures this out with Glaivezooka in Wild?

Doesn't Even have to be wild lol Honestly aggressive hunter decks even in Standard could make good use of it...3/2 or 2/3 of stats (depending on the pirate) and deal 1 face damage on turn 1 is good even if you don't run a weapon at all.

I just threw this together after seeing your post and will try it out some just for fun:

smorcqfu0e.png

1-0 so far... Beat a poor Rogue by turn 5.

ZeroX03

Banned
So I bought a set of 15 of the promo card packs for cheap on eBay but I guess I already redeemed 5 at one point because Battle.net would only let me add 10 of them (there's an account max of 15).

Is there anyone who hasn't used all 15? I'll PM you the codes. It'll get you 5 classic packs.

I don't think I've ever used a promo pack, I wouldn't mind them if you're offering!

Dahbomb

Zealous D I can confirm that playing Krul with Apothecary actually kills you instantly (if you have a bunch of demons in hand).

Trying to do the win 5 tavern brawl quest this week is a huge pain in the ass. Every match I play my opponent gets perfect curve and perfect answers from the random RNG spell. Meanwhile every time I play a minion it kills itself with an overload burn so I can get even more fucked next turn.

Dahbomb

Are you liking apothecary otherwise?
Hell no. Someone used Leeroy against me and I died. I do not like this card anymore. I thought it was within maybe fringe playability but because of PW and Leeroy interaction my opinion of this card is much lower now.

Levi

Banned
someone explain to me why operative is a 5/6 again?

Because that's what Blizzard does when Reddit throws a fit about their "main" class not getting good cards. (Despite Priest of Feast being one of the strongest cards in the game and people doing 12 win runs in Heroic Brawl with Priest, Priest was "bad" according to Reddit's amateur balance team and Purify was a personal insult).

Now that Blizzard has shown that they kowtow to Reddit's whining, every time Reddit thinks an expansion doesn't treat their new "main" well we get to deal with weeks of circlejerk complaining until Blizzard prints a bunch of overpowered garbage to make them shut up.

So strap in for "Rogue is bad and I can't possible play another class so you better buff it" daily posts to go along with the "my greedy unoptimized deck is losing to aggro, you better nerf cards that have't even been out a week because they're obviously OP and there's no possible way the meta can adapt" posts all over social media.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Because that's what Blizzard does when Reddit throws a fit about their "main" class not getting good cards. (Despite Priest of Feast being one of the strongest cards in the game and people doing 12 win runs in Heroic Brawl with Priest, Priest was "bad" according to Reddit's amateur balance team and Purify was a personal insult).

Now that Blizzard has shown that they kowtow to Reddit's whining, every time Reddit thinks an expansion doesn't treat their new "main" well we get to deal with weeks of circlejerk complaining until Blizzard prints a bunch of overpowered garbage to make them shut up.

So strap in for "Rogue is bad and I can't possible play another class so you better buff it" daily posts to go along with the "my greedy unoptimized deck is losing to aggro, you better nerf cards that have't even been out a week because they're obviously OP and there's no possible way the meta can adapt" posts all over social media.

For such a Vicious Syndicate fan, you sure do deny their stats when it comes to priest.

Dahbomb

I don't remember the last time the meta adapted to anything that was actually over powered. It usually required Blizzard tampering by nerfing, removing from Standard or new stronger cards to be printed.

Undertaker Hunter - Had to be nerfed
Combo Druid - Nerfed/removed
Grim Patron - Nerfed
Secret Paladin - Moved to Wild where it is still dominant
Handlock - Nerfed
Aggro Shaman - Nerfed
Midrange Shaman - Uncontested until new expansion and will be moved to Wild in a few month anyway

There are some cards that you look at for a second and know they are too strong. People knew Call of the Wild and Thing from Below were over powered when they were first revealed. Patch is just like that. I am keeping my crafted Patches for the eventual nerf.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I don't remember the last time the meta adapted to anything that was actually over powered. It usually required Blizzard tampering by nerfing, removing from Standard or new stronger cards to be printed.

Undertaker Hunter - Had to be nerfed
Combo Druid - Nerfed/removed
Grim Patron - Nerfed
Secret Paladin - Moved to Wild where it is still dominant
Handlock - Nerfed
Aggro Shaman - Nerfed
Midrange Shaman - Uncontested until new expansion and will be moved to Wild in a few month anyway

We don't know what it is actually overpowered yet.

Dahbomb

Patches is over powered for sure.

I personally think Jade Idol is over powered but I am not going to talk about it too much until I have played with it and against it more. Same for Drakonid Operative and a couple of other cards.

But Patches is clearly a problematic card. I don't normally go ham against a card this early but this card is not fine.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Patches is over powered for sure.

I personally think Jade Idol is over powered but I am not going to talk about it too much until I have played with it and against it more. Same for Drakonid Operative and a couple of other cards.

But Patches is clearly a problematic card.

Patches itself is above the power curve but the deck it enables may or may not be problematic.

Jade idol has more potential to oppress a wider variety of decks and Jade druid is far less optimized as a deck than pirate warrior is so that deck has far more potential to improve.

Levi

Banned
For such a Vicious Syndicate fan, you sure do deny their stats when it comes to priest.

Was Priest the worst class? Probably. Is that a big deal? Nope. Being the worst doesn't mean it couldn't win games or that people needed to riot and demand buffs for weeks on end. My favorite deck is 100% dumpstered but I'm moving on and adapting.

Yep. There's a reason reputable tier lists are taking a break from publishing.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Zealous D I can confirm that playing Krul with Apothecary actually kills you instantly (if you have a bunch of demons in hand).

Yeah the latest Trolden video just showcased that as well. It was probably some nesting within the Battlecry Phase that I didn't consider. It looks like it doesn't trigger on Krul itself. The Trolden video filled the board and he only procced five times. So if you play Krul and Unlicensed Apothecary is the only demon he summons, he won't trigger at all.

_DrMario_

Was Priest the worst class? Probably. Is that a big deal? Nope. Being the worst doesn't mean it couldn't win games or that people needed to riot and demand buffs for weeks on end. My favorite deck is 100% dumpstered but I'm moving on and adapting.

What ever you say Mike.

Otnopolit

It is pretty much raining Epics in these new packs. Oh and of course, I craft Kazakus yesterday and pull him from a pack today. Oh well, dust for a certain pirate everybody keeps yelling about.

Levi

Banned
What ever you say Mike.

You must have a lot of time to shitpost when you're roping every turn in Hearthstone!

Also you fail at reading comprehension, since I'm bashing Blizzard's bullshit, reactionary class buffing they did in MSG, and you're trying to insinuate I'm a Blizzard shill.

I also hate Blizzard's retarded matchmaking, awful ladder, and linear design. Jade Idols is pretty much the dumbest mechanic I've ever seen.

But that's the meta we are given, and I'm really trying to be less of a shit poster myself, so instead of bitching about aggro, Jade Idols, and Blizzard's brute forcing Priest into a top tier class I'd rather play the game and try to counter the meta instead of complaining about it.

Kazakus being 4 mana makes that card so cool.

It's also great that you can curve from Kazakus on 4 to a generated spell on 5 if you need to.

It is pretty much raining Epics in these new packs. Oh and of course, I craft Kazakus yesterday and pull him from a pack today. Oh well, dust for a certain pirate everybody keeps yelling about.

I also got epics at a higher rate in the new packs than I expected. The ones I really wanted were Brass Knuckles, and I got 3, and Dirty Rat, of which I got zero.

If we ever get to a meta where lots of people are playing Doomsayer, Dirty Rat is going to be an auto-include. It's one of the best possible plays into a Doomsayer.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah idk I've won more than a few games as Dragon Priest without even touching the new cards

Their big dumb minions on early turns are dumb

It's weird though because after set rotation that 1-2-3-4 curve will be gone completely. Dunno if the cards that will be left will make up for that

_DrMario_

You must have a lot of time to shitpost when you're roping every turn in Hearthstone!

Also you fail at reading comprehension, since I'm bashing Blizzard's bullshit, reactionary class buffing they did in MSG, and you're trying to insinuate I'm a Blizzard shill.

No you said the same exact BS Donais said when people were clamoring for buffs to Priest, implying that just because it's last doesn't mean it needed a buff when it was clear as fucking day it did need some serious buffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom