• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I tried warrior. I will try more. I want to make a more midrange list, but I don't think it'll be better than dragon warrior so maybe it won't be relevant til next expansion.

I think between alley armorsmith and doppelgangster it has a lot of potential though. Maybe there is a list that can compete alongside dragon warrior. The other aspect is warrior's buffing weapons in hand, which is something paladin doesn't have access to.

Also the taunt buff is particularly powerful +3/+3. Pirate warrior can't beat that on alley I think!

Here's what I'm running:

http://www.hearthpwn.com/decks/691109-handbuff-warrior

I don't know if the Gorehowl/Pawnbroker/Grapplehammer combo is needed but I wanted a way to make the Brass Knuckles not suck so much. Maybe the better answer is to just not use Brass Knuckles, but 9/2 gorehowl has already won me some games, so might as well keep them for now.

It's one of the few decks I've found that seem to have answers for both aggro and control. Versus Aggro it is just typical control warrior shenanigans with a boosted Alley Armorsmith being game winning, and versus Control it's about creating huge Doppelgangsters to drop right after a good brawl.

o4THFh8.png

HearthArena's tier list based on 250,000 games.

Not sure how shaman is so low

They get all the good constructed cards.

Face a sh

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
If you're far behind i don't see how mayor brings you back. Playing it as a sole minion against a big board is pointless. The first swing might miss him, still goes face. Second swing might miss him, still goes face. Third swing likely gets him.

Play it into an empty board and any minion specific spell kills him.

I dunno, I still think he is way weaker than loatheb at 5 mana.

The swings can hit things on your opponent's side of the board, though. Play him against a big board, and the chances are highest that each individual swing will hit something on their side.

edit: unless i"m wrong

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
The swings can hit things on your opponent's side of the board, though. Play him against a big board, and the chances are highest that each individual swing will hit something on their side.

A minion swing can't hit your own minions. A target can only hit something you can normally target.

Minions can only hit enemies.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Not sure how shaman is so low

They get all the good constructed cards.

Face a sh

Their commons are really bad for arena in this expansion. Call in the Finishers, Jade Lightning, and Jade Chieftain. The Jade Golem mechanic is pretty garbo in arena. Arena rankings are determined by 50% hero power and 50% latest commons.

Ladekabel

Even Casual is full of Aggro Warrior. Never have i experienced a launch so unfun than Mean Streets (wasn't around for Naxx and GvG).

Hopeful Blizz never ever releases a set at the start of a season again.

patchday

Jade Druid is a fun deck but I could understand why is so hated, at least should be less frustrating than aggro pirate

I dunno I am always happy to see new decks. You just already know Control warrior will keep running the same old stuff til TGT rotates out and forces them to be more creative (edit- to be fair they did rotate in 1 new card, Oathspark in a few weeks ago but thats IT while at least Shaman evolved after nerfs and prevailed)

edit2: Actually we have seen some Control Warriors run Prince Malchezzar. since I dont play the deck I can only recall the changes I've seen at blizzcon or on ladder while against it. I would've ran it had i been here for TGT drop

I dont understand why its frustrating to play against a new challenge and adjust to a new meta. I have no sympathy I guess but you know I only go up to rank 15 and stop there cause I got a bunch of new games to play. Titanfall 2 SP campaign is calling me

Levi

Banned
Turns out mid range shaman blows pirate warrior the fick up

It's almost as if Midrange Shaman being dominant is the entire reason that the Old Gods/Karazhan meta ended up being so slow. :thinking:

I remember when, a little bit after an expansion launched, warrior ended up being by far the dominant aggressive archetype, and everyone on reddit and neogaf were running around like chicken little, claiming that the sky was falling and that every halfway decent warrior card desperately needed to be nerfed because no deck would ever be as good as the aggressive Warrior variant was.

Except that expansion was Old Gods, and that deck was Aggro Dragon Warrior, and by the time the next card release came around that deck had entirely disappeared from the meta.

Hmm, maybe when new cards come out and no one knows how to build the new decks yet aggro has a distinct advantage? And maybe after the midrange decks get refined the aggro decks aren't as powerful? And maybe less than a week after a card release isn't the best time to judge the power level of all the different types of decks?

I don't know, I'm just spitballing here. Maybe ya'll are right and Hearthstone is ruined and Pirate Warrior has broken the game. Or was it Jade Druid that broke the game? I can't even remember anymore what I'm supposed to be hating.

All I know is that I wish I saw a lot more Pirate warrior than I have been seeing, because my homebrew dragon priest list eats them for breakfast.

I've faced Warrior 12 times in 72 games. Not exactly the meta you guys are describing, where every match is vs a pirate warrior and ends on turn four.

Dahbomb

I remember when, a little bit after an expansion launched, warrior ended up being by far the dominant aggressive archetype, and everyone on reddit and neogaf were running around like chicken little, claiming that the sky was falling and that every halfway decent warrior card desperately needed to be nerfed because no deck would ever be as good as the aggressive Warrior variant was.

Except that expansion was Old Gods, and that deck was Aggro Dragon Warrior, and by the time the next card release came around that deck had entirely disappeared from the meta.
Dragon Warrior got nerfed with the Execute nerf.

And people were complaining more about Aggro Shaman back then (which also got nerfed).

People complain about warrior because it has the answer all weapon fiery war axe. If you're not feeding the warrior minions, you're taking a fireball or more from a 2 drop that you can't interact with except for acidic ooze type effects.

Imagine a 3/2 charge with divine shield that says only 3 very specific minions can attack it. Something like that. Truesilver costs double that and only has 1 more attack, and granted it heals... it's just not nearly as problematic because it comes much later and can be prepared for.

Against pirate warrior this is what typically happens. I drop a 1 drop. They coin fiery war axe it. Or they went first and I'm already losing. But lets say I get lucky and go first. They coin fiery war axe, remove my minion. Turn 2 they play a 5/3 and get a 1/1 charge. Even if I am shaman and have a 3/4 totem golem, it still gets removed by the pirate warrior with axe and patches.

Also, I am doing pretty well against pirate warrior. I have 2 decks that have so far performed solid against it. Dunno how broken it is. Seems that way so far. Patches should not be so easy to trigger. It should require like 2 pirates on the board already when you play a 3rd.

Levi

Banned
So uhm, just to be clear on this... Jade idol druid gets rekt by pirate warrior and midrange shaman right?

Druid could win both of those match ups if they would be less greedy. God forbid they contest the board early when they could spend their early turns shuffling extra cards into their deck instead.

Druid could win both of those match ups if they would be less greedy. God forbid they contest the board early when they could spend their early turns shuffling extra cards into their deck instead.

How does jade golem possibly beat pirate warrior without changing huge portions of their deck?

I haven't played either deck but I just can't imagine it's consistently possible.

jgminto

I think Kolento was consistently beating Pirate Warrior with his Jade Druid list. I remember he was running one Ancient of War, which they can't really do anything against.

Finalow

A minion swing can't hit your own minions. A target can only hit something you can normally target.

Minions can only hit enemies.
from the animation it seems like your minions can also attack other minions on your side of the board (they can attack your face) but I never saw it happen so I'm not sure. I have no clue why you see it in the animation if it isn't actually possible though.
still, a card like that being something like a cheap 5 mana minion would be too ridiculous.

So I'm watching hotform. He plays his drakonid operative. Steals their drakonid operative. Next turn he plays the stolen drakonid, there are 3 cards left. Only 2 show up. Shadowword pain and drakonid operative. Apparently it doesn't show duplicates. So he picks drakonid operative and plays it, and steals another drakonid operative. His opponent conceded of course.

cHinzo

Went 7-1 with Pirate Warrior in a bit less than 25 minutes. :D I would say Shaman could do great against Pirate Warrior, since they got the big early game minions, taunts and AoE.
Saw 2 Shamans, 2 Pirate Warriors, 2 Druids and a Mage, so far still kinda diverse. Hope I'm not seeing any Priests soon.

Just lost to Jade Shaman in wild playing my NZoth Secret brew and right afterwards lost to pirate warrior. Feelsbadman.

Turn 5 lethal in wild, the fuck is wrong with Blizzard. I'm running one of the most broken decks ever seen in HS and I handedly lost despite having a great start. We're talking Secret Keeper +3 secrets.

Ladekabel

So I'm watching hotform. He plays his drakonid operative. Steals their drakonid operative. Next turn he plays the stolen drakonid, there are 3 cards left. Only 2 show up. Shadowword pain and drakonid operative. Apparently it doesn't show duplicates. So he picks drakonid operative and plays it, and steals another drakonid operative. His opponent conceded of course.

I played Operative against a Druid with 11 cards left in his deck. Only got offered Jade Idols.

Zombine

Banned
I've only lost 3 times so far, and once was to aggro Paladin on like turn 5. That suuuuucked.

Jade Golem Shaman is super scary late game.

fertygo

we have broken early game, we also had broken late game gg blizz

who had broken mid game tho?

I guess priest had it thanks to operatives

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Just had a really fun back and forth game of handbuff warrior vs aggro paladin, starting with a turn 2 dirty rat:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/8oxM4M8f8X5otFdAZy2woY

I guess the dirty rat didn't help in that situation very much, which is disappointing when that should be the type of deck dirty rat is best against. Still, always fun in unsolved metas to get these types of games because no one can really say who is ahead most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom