• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Just had a really fun back and forth game of handbuff warrior vs aggro paladin, starting with a turn 2 dirty rat:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/8oxM4M8f8X5otFdAZy2woY

I guess the dirty rat didn't help in that situation very much, which is disappointing when that should be the type of deck dirty rat is best against. Still, always fun in unsolved metas to get these types of games because no one can really say who is ahead most of the time.

Alley armorsmith got shit done that game.

ZeroX03

Banned
Reno decks have gained too much consistency. Played 6 in a row that had perfect curves.

I'm down for Reno decks to be more consistent but have less gigantic swing effects. It'd be cool if the next expansion had a Reno-like card that wasn't such an extreme heal. Really keen to see how the archetype shakes out when Reno himself rotates out, they clearly want to keep it a thing.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Wooo. Got a Golden Aya from a pack I bought with arena gold. Was considering crafting one anyway thanks to how much i like that card and character.

Alley armorsmith got shit done that game.

No kidding.

Earilier I was pretty hyped on this deck because I kept getting lucky with drawing anti-aggro cards against aggro and anti-control cards against control, but I've since found how drastic the power level is for aggro/control tech cards. It is indeed very difficult to create a well rounded deck.

I am worried that the extreme rock paper scissors element of this expansion is real.

manhack

we will reach that point where since all decks are broken the game somehow is balanced

That's basically been the the thought in the back of my head this whole time.

We also have so much experimentation going on that decks look stronger than they might really be as the meta game evolves

Levi

Banned
We also have so much experimentation going on that decks look stronger than they might really be as the meta game evolves

Nope, the game is irrevocably broken and will never be any different than it is today. There's about 25 cards that I demand get nerfed immediately or I'll continue to shit post on-line about these VERY REAL problems incessantly.

manhack

Nope, the game is irrevocably broken and will never be any different than it is today. There's about 25 cards that I demand get nerfed immediately or I'll continue to shit post on-line about these VERY REAL problems incessantly.

What might be even crazier is that games like these will never be truly balanced.

patchday

Just had a really fun back and forth game of handbuff warrior vs aggro paladin, starting with a turn 2 dirty rat:

https://hsreplay.net/replay/8oxM4M8f8X5otFdAZy2woY

I guess the dirty rat didn't help in that situation very much, which is disappointing when that should be the type of deck dirty rat is best against. Still, always fun in unsolved metas to get these types of games because no one can really say who is ahead most of the time.

fun replay to watch

Portugeezer

Piranha Launcher doing work for me. Didn't think I would enjoy this card so much, not to say I will enjoy it in the future, but for now with all the unrefined decks I will savour the moment.

Dart

OMG I did it! On mobile, but I'll take it! UNLIMITED POWER

GdqzZ5W.png

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Piranha Launcher doing work for me. Didn't think I would enjoy this card so much, not to say I will enjoy it in the future, but for now with all the unrefined decks I will savour the moment.

Sounds fun, defenitly will try that card out tomorrow.

I also want to try out a tri-class menagerie magician paladin deck with the new cards. Haven't seen any of those yet.

Dre

okay fuck it crafting Pirate Warrior, I'll take some easy ranks even if it only lasts a week.

Hobart as well?

I'm using Dread Corsair instead of Hobart, I like having a basically free taunt in the mirror match-up.
I could have crafted him I guess, but I felt that Patches and Leeroy were way more useful. I may have been wrong though.

I mean look at this shit, the turn I won against this Druid I could have over-killed him by 11 (!) health/armor and he played 1x Moonglade Portal, 1x Feral Rage for armor and 2x Jade Behemoth to stop me. It's just disgusting.
https://hsreplay.net/replay/hgXi7eaLV39rxbpMMXwbF4

fertygo

Its seems meta has started figuring out pirate warrior, its won't be too long before no one play the deck in ladder

/s

who am I kidding, even with carefully crafted deck, pirate aggros still win because patches is broken pieces of shit n they had the nuts

Its will still top 3-5 deck, but I believe everyone will started to see dragon priest is better

Levi

Banned
"You have already earned 100 gold today."

Only the second time I've ever been given that message, lol. Safe to say I'm enjoying the game quite a bit right now. So far Dragon Priest and Reno Warlock have been the most fun and highest winrate decks. I tried Pirate Warrior and it's really inconsistent. Lots of people are putting healing and taunts in their decks so you really have to not brick on any of your draws or they end up stabilizing and getting out of range. Pirate Warrior isn't set up to win the long game, that's for sure.

Someone asked me how Jade Druid wins, and that's how. If they can ramp into taunts (that jade 3/6 or ancient of war) and draw their feral rages/moonglade portals, they can win. It's certainly a bad match up for the Druid but it's not Freeze Mage vs Cwar level, and if Jade Druids lower their curve a bit I think it'd be closer.

I played enough Pirate Warrior to learn that A.) it's not for me and B.) it has glaring weaknesses.

I didn't really see the cards from the card reveals (busy with work and other stuff) and I was secretly hoping that the meta would slow down a bit and it looks like it got even faster. Do people honestly enjoy playing garbage like pirate warrior?

Glad I didn't pre order(spent gold only) after the shitshow that was One Night in Karazhan.

patchday

I didn't really see the cards from the card reveals (busy with work and other stuff) and I was secretly hoping that the meta would slow down a bit and it looks like it got even faster. Do people honestly enjoy playing garbage like pirate warrior?

Glad I didn't pre order(spent gold only) after the shitshow that was One Night in Karazhan.

no offense but its kind of a bad question lol. I'm sure there's folks that like winning and earning gold. So yeah you can probably figure that out for yourself

fertygo

Yeah ultimate form of Jade druid would've scary af

I think you never play giant in it till pirate warrior number down a bit, after that you can run Arcane giant and wrecking

I've actually been losing to jade in wild got owned by a druid playing heal everything to full and by a brann that stayed on board for multiple turns for a rogue but that's just brann staying on board.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Oh Pirate Warrior definitely has weaknesses. If you pull like 3 taunts in a row its dead or if a priest of the feast can heal 2-4 times you're probably good.

But that's IF you get the chance to do those things. Stuff like Dirty Rat is amazing against Pirate because if they don't get those battlecries that buff their weapons or dudes you're gonna win. Assuming you don't lose on turn 4-5, then taunting and/or healing every turn will mean they run out of steam.

Mulgrok

Loving my refined grimestreet paladin deck. It is not good against super aggressive decks, like pirate warrior. But usually destroys control.

I could tech in taunts and ooze against stuff like pirate warrior, I guess.

EDIT: always funny to see hard removal used on 1 mana minions.
EDIT2: The key is to mulligan hard for small-time draw. Unless against aggro, then mulligan for 1's.

scarlet

Dog just lost to Aviana + Kun + Malygos + Faceless manipulator (malygos) + Alex + starfire

Now he's making the same deck to use LOL

edit: late

wiibomb

so I opened about 120 packs and now I have all common and rare cards from MSG, but I didn't get Kazakus, I got:

Raza, Wrathion, Solia x2 (UGH) and Beardo

should I craft it? I kinda hesitating since I don't even know how should I play a reno deck yet... I also don't know if he will be useful in the long run

Celegus

Ended up with the new druid and warlock legendaries in my 55 packs. Are they any good? Warlock one seems pretty decent as an easy fit into renolock; druid seems... eh.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
so I opened about 120 packs and now I have all common and rare cards from MSG, but I didn't get Kazakus, I got:

Raza, Wrathion, Solia x2 (UGH) and Beardo

should I craft it? I kinda hesitating since I don't even know how should I play a reno deck yet... I also don't know if he will be useful in the long run

Based on the swings that Kazakus can create he will be playable in Reno decks forever. Whether or not those decks are any good depends on how the sets roll. With Reno himself rotating out, I am skeptical that those decks can continue to be effective against the rest of the field. Aggro and Mid-range would eat them for lunch without the Reno comeback mechanic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom