• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Levi

Banned
so I opened about 120 packs and now I have all common and rare cards from MSG, but I didn't get Kazakus, I got:

Raza, Wrathion, Solia x2 (UGH) and Beardo

should I craft it? I kinda hesitating since I don't even know how should I play a reno deck yet... I also don't know if he will be useful in the long run

How much dust do you have? I'd say wait if you're low, but if you're over 3k go for it. It's super fun.

wiibomb

Based on the swings that Kazakus can create he will be playable in Reno decks forever. Whether or not those decks are any good depends on how the sets roll. With Reno himself rotating out, I am skeptical that those decks can continue to be effective against the rest of the field. Aggro and Mid-range would eat them for lunch without the Reno comeback mechanic.

This is what I'm doubting... I don't even know if the reno type decks can survive without him...

How much dust do you have? I'd say wait if you're low, but if you're over 3k go for it. It's super fun.

I have... over 9000... but I still watch carefully in what I spend

Ended up with the new druid and warlock legendaries in my 55 packs. Are they any good? Warlock one seems pretty decent as an easy fit into renolock; druid seems... eh.

for me it is the opposite, the warlock legendary is pretty bad, while Kun is really good, you can basically play him for free, and it fits very well the ramp druid archetype

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Probably a sniper who queued at the same time to try and troll him, lol

Maybe, but I think Dirty Rat is still pretty good exactly because of things like that. Either it's an aggro deck that Dirty Rat can be played turn 2 for defence, or it's a control deck where Dirty Rat can ruin combos.

I still believe that card's legit, at least until people start doing things like holding ragnoros in their opening hand.

Getting really frustrated tonight with pirate warrior. I played 5+ aggro pirate decks in a row. Switch to control warrior and queue into midrange hunter the first time today and maybe this expansion, twice in a row.

edit:
I played like 4 non-pirate decks before I said fuck it... back to rogue... first up? Pirate warrior.

Also turn 1 finley hunter hero power. This happened 3 times in a row before I stopped playing rogue before to trade for warrior.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The big bug is that his random effects can effect dead minions, wasting them. Like deal 5 damage, transform into a sheep can first deal lethal damage to a unit, then turn it into a sheep.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
what problem does it have?

There isn't a resolution phase in between the casting of the two effects, so if something like a damage spell and a transform spell is done on the same minion, it will always survive as the transformation, because the damage is always done to the minion pre-transformation, and there's no death check before it gets transformed.

I don't know where it's that meaningful though, other than having some 1/1 sheep survive when they maybe shouldn't.

From what I've seen is that it always orders to benefit your board side. Summon a minion and deal damage to all minions? Always deals damage then summons the minion. But when it's the opponent's side, it might freeze an already dead minion. Could be intentional, I haven't played enough with the card.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
From what I've seen is that it always orders to benefit your board side. Summon a minion and deal damage to all minions? Always deals damage then summons the minion. But when it's the opponent's side, it might freeze an already dead minion. Could be intentional, I haven't played enough with the card.

They said when it was revealed that ordering would happen in the most beneficial way. But who knows if they want the rng to exist like it does.

Freezing the minion you just killed stinks, and so does polymorphing it. Makes those choices much worse.

They said when it was revealed that ordering would happen in the most beneficial way. But who knows if they want the rng to exist like it does.

Freezing the minion you just killed stinks, and so does polymorphing it. Makes those choices much worse.

I don't recall them saying the ordering would be the most beneficial. Even in the reveal the freeze hit minions that had already died.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

The summoning of minions doesn't resolve until the damage is done because they're being done in the same phase. Likewise, the death of the minion doesn't resolve until after the random freeze is cast because it's done in the same phase.

I do remember them saying it'll always be ordered to benefit the caster of the spell, but I don't think that's how it works.

Quite frankly I feel guilty even going into details, but I have been blessed with the most amazing RNG I have ever seen for my Pack openings for this expansion. I have gotten enough dust to craft every card with less than 240 packs purchased. The last legendary I needed, the final pack I opened had it in a golden version (Shaku the collector!). I don't know whose dick I sucked for that, but whatever Karma Debt I was owed definitely paid off this week.

Celegus

for me it is the opposite, the warlock legendary is pretty bad, while Kun is really good, you can basically play him for free, and it fits very well the ramp druid archetype

Could be the case for sure, I haven't actually used either of them yet. I'm also horrible at deck building and don't follow the meta or anything.

wiibomb

The order of the 2 effects is inconsistent. And it could cost you the game.

There isn't a resolution phase in between the casting of the two effects, so if something like a damage spell and a transform spell is done on the same minion, it will always survive as the transformation, because the damage is always done to the minion pre-transformation, and there's no death check before it gets transformed.

I don't know where it's that meaningful though, other than having some 1/1 sheep survive when they maybe shouldn't.

oh I think I saw something like that, at first the damage kills some minions, but if the second effect is freeze then it can freeze the death minions...

didn't know it was so widespread, I'm not sure if blizzard thinks this is something that needs to be fixed

Guess my prediction about Jade Druid came true. Just build defensive with a ton of draw and that's all you need to do. A single card is enough to carry your late game.

Jade Druid is going to be tier 1 for a long, long time.

I think reynad's anyfin deck actually works pretty well against pirate warrior. It basically cuts the card draw to add all anti-aggro stuff. I beat 3 pirate warriors in a row pretty convincingly with it.

But now that I am against druid, I probably lose.

They does say that, the aoe damage won't damage your summoned minion ever, the order always the best

and everyone already prove that

If you read what I said previously, I already acknowledged that it doesn't damage the minion you summon. That doesn't mean you're going to get the best results off RNG effects.

Dahbomb

what problem does it have?
A lot of weird interactions that don't happen the way they should.

It's obvious that every combination of the potion was not tested. I hope they bug fix some of these interactions because they can decide games.

The only consistent thing is that AOE damage always seems to happen first.

So anyfin with mistress of mixtures, acidic swamp ooze, doomsayer, wickerflame... actually pretty good counter to pirate warrior I think. I haven't lost a game with it yet, but once matchmaking saw that I could win against pirate warrior it stopped queueing me against them. Excuse me while I adjust my tinfoil, seems to be a little ineffective. But not having the card draw makes most other match ups pretty painful. And I played a stupid mirror ffs, and he drew both anyfins before I drew my first one. And he even played his knowing that I could clear his board and play mine if I had one, guaranteeing me a win....

Lyng

Just watched Kripps jade Rogue video. I noticed something, that I have noticed in Kibblers videos as well.
It seems their animations play out a lot faster.
Something that bothers me the most about HS is how drawn out the animations are. Even playing a card seems slow. (And I am talking about lag)
Anyone know a way to boost the client speed? I have my settings on high so it's not that. (And my Pc is quiet good so not that either).

Discover bias is such bullshit with the priest dragon. Opponent plays brann netherspite historian drakonid operative in a single turn of course finds my tirion after previously having found Rag Lightlord. I lost the game with him at 5 and not having drawn either of mine

fertygo

Discover bias is such bullshit with the priest dragon. Opponent plays brann netherspite historian drakonid operative in a single turn of course finds my tirion after previously having found Rag Lightlord. I lost the game with him at 5 and not having drawn either of mine

Well he look into the fucking deck, meanwhile you had to draw it

broken card bois

Xanathus

Welp got my easy rank 5 farming Pirate Warriors. The deck I was earlier mentioning that was good in the meta was Discard Zoolock because early minions like Voidwalker and taunters like Argus make it easy to contest the early board of Pirate Warrior, and you just throw in a Swamp Ooze for good measure. Plus it's also favored against Druid, and there are hardly any midrange Shamans on ladder.

However I also recently found that ye'olde Midrange Shaman is even easier winnings against Pirate Warrior and Druid, just replace Fire Elemental with Jinyu Waterspeaker and Harrison with Swamp Ooze.

Been trying out Jade Druid and either I'm getting complete shit luck or I really suck at this game. I was at rank 16 and fell all the way to 20. Feels bad man.

I know the deck is powerful but it really feels like "get ramp on curve or die."

Had some gold saved up thought I'd try some arenas.

Priest 0 - 3 Dec 4, 2016 61.7 tierscore * Mid-Rang
Shaman 4 - 3 Dec 4, 2016 64.6 tierscore * Mid-Range
Hunter 0 - 3 Dec 4, 2016 66.3 tierscore * Aggro-Control
Priest 3 - 3 Dec 4, 2016 70.1 tierscore * Mid-Range
Priest 2 - 3 Dec 4, 2016 65.8 tierscore * Attrition

Ugh I suck at this game. Maybe I should just stick to mage arena and turn my brain off.

First 11 packs of gadgetzan, 1 epic 11 rares. 9 cards (1 rare) to dust, joy.

jgminto

Been trying out Jade Druid and either I'm getting complete shit luck or I really suck at this game. I was at rank 16 and fell all the way to 20. Feels bad man.

I know the deck is powerful but it really feels like "get ramp on curve or die."
You might want to try running a lower curve list, that's what a lot of streamers seem to be leaning towards at the moment.

70.1 is quite high. Did you save the deck list by any chance?

faIVjDR.png
Seems more common now, all of the new priest cards are great in arena.

PsionBolt

Priest arena is silly fun. I'm currently 8-2. MSG standouts include four Talonpriests, a Potion of Madness, a Drakonid OP (though with only one other dragon, he's mostly a pit fighter), and a Mistress of Mixtures (good fun even in the midgame thanks to Holy Champion). Also got an Entomb, an Excavated Evil, and a generally decent curve.

Edit: Spoke too soon. And so it ends, at 8-3. Turns out having Applesauce as two of your only four two-drops hurts sometimes.
Got 180 gold and a pack containing a Madam Goya. 400 dust, I suppose. Still a long ways off from Kazakus and Raza, but it's a start.

Pooya

Just look at this guy's turn 1. This keeps happening.
1480854975-capture.png

He kept all in mulligan too, Yes, he shuffled it in the deck of course and drew all that instead of swipe and lost.

Druid isn't exactly complicated to play. It's probably closer to simpler ones actually... No wonder so many people in this game just band wagon on the dumbest decks like pirate warrior this quickly.

I'm guessing if you someone makes a Jade Druid guide or whatever it would be quite popular. lol

Xanathus

The problem I find with Jade Druid (outside of getting aggrod down of course) is that it's still a very weak deck if you don't draw your ramp, and even if you do you easily run out of resources if you don't hit your draws on curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom