• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluehat9

Opened my first gold legendary ever and its beardo, meh. As a mostly free player when it comes to the packs, almost feel like just dusting it for something in classic that I don't have yet. I don't know.

ViviOggi

Hearthstone_Screenshot_12-04-16_15.14.28.png

Kazakus is of course a lot better than Medivh in Warlock but I already have a dupe and might be forced to pick more

What do

patchday

The problem I find with Jade Druid (outside of getting aggrod down of course) is that it's still a very weak deck if you don't draw your ramp, and even if you do you easily run out of resources if you don't hit your draws on curve.

Yeah Kripp was saying they get rushed down by fast decks quite often.

This has been my experience as well. many jade druid decks so greedy

zoukka

The problem I find with Jade Druid (outside of getting aggrod down of course) is that it's still a very weak deck if you don't draw your ramp, and even if you do you easily run out of resources if you don't hit your draws on curve.

With 6 ramp cards and raven idols it's pretty rare to not draw them.

scarlet

So is dragon priest legit? Might buy the rest of BRM wings to get corruptor and whelp.

Also might buy Karazhan for feast.

wiibomb

Opened my first gold legendary ever and its beardo, meh. As a mostly free player when it comes to the packs, almost feel like just dusting it for something in classic that I don't have yet. I don't know.

I don't think beardo can work outside of raza and the reno archetype, and those decks are costly for F2P players, so I would suggest you to do that, craft ragnaros if you don't have it yet

Isn't BRM rotating out in a couple months?

It is, indeed. Same as League of Explorers and The Grand Tournament.

vaderise

Opened a golden Kun and a patches in a pack.My best Mean Streets pack so far. Patches is amazing in pirate warrior but i'm not sure what to do with that golden Kun. Any suggestions? ( Don't have Ariana. Have every other Druid card. )

wiibomb

Opened a golden Kun and a patches in a pack.My best Mean Streets pack so far. Patches is amazing in pirate warrior but i'm not sure what to do with that golden Kun. Any suggestions? ( Don't have Ariana. Have every other Druid card. )

Why not use it? It is an strong card by itself in a ramp druid deck

patchday

wow this mage just now has Effigy up when I killed Ysera. Majordomo spawns for them. I kill him and they turned into ragnaros allowing me to lethal. Never seen that one before

cHinzo

I wish I had a Kun. Wanted to try out the Aviana + Kun + C'Thun and Brewmasters combo. :'D
Drop in a Brann for more pew pew.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Ran into a weapon based warrior that was more control oriented, through me for a loop. Had cards like Slam, Bash, and Brawl to get rid of taunts. Then smorced with weapons

I lost to a brawl involving two of my taunts and a defender of argus. The defender of argus was the one that lived of course then I got smorced by a buffed up gorehowl

patchday

I wish I had a Kun. Wanted to try out the Aviana + Kun + C'Thun and Brewmasters combo. :'D
Drop in a Brann for more pew pew.

I got Kun from a pack but havent even gotten around to messing with him yet. Yeah that combo sounds interesting need to watch the video

Mistress of mixtures on turn one for reno warlock is great. Often makes your first two taps free (hp-wise).

ah sounds like a good mulligan

ViviOggi

Was actually enjoying this game until I hit rank 12 where there's literally nothing but Pirate Warriors and Secret Hunters. How the fuck is this an archetype you want to enable as a designer?

Was actually enjoying this game until I hit rank 12 where there's literally nothing but Pirate Warriors and Secret Hunters. How the fuck is this an archetype you want to enable as a designer?

Im playing priest and i get no fucking Pirate warriors instead i just get Jade shit druids.

fertygo

I play a ton of Jade Druid too in ladder, its just as stressing facing pirate deck.. altho some enjoyable matches can be had

unless the jade druid had gawd hand, omg Fandral is the best fucking card ever

ViviOggi

Im playing priest and i get no fucking Pirate warriors instead i just get Jade shit druids.

Obviously the second I switch to Reno Mage I queue into nothing but Priest, Jade Druid and the occasional god draw Pirate Warrior that beats me anyway

Expansion was cute for 2 days I guess

Pooya

I'm playing dispatch kodo hunter actually, climbed a lot today. I'm testing the deck with the alleycat, hyena and direwolf alpha. Pretty sick early game.

destroys druid and all the reno jank. Face warrior is still rough but it's doable if you get houndmaster. I think I have to tech in explosive trap to beat face warrior.

patchday

Obviously the second I switch to Reno Mage I queue into nothing but Priest, Jade Druid and the occasional god draw Pirate Warrior that beats me anyway

Expansion was cute for 2 days I guess

so far with my kazakus mage I get a lot of priests. been getting lucky with my draws bigtime a whole lot of time (like the time just now I Manic Soul Kazakus to dup him). Maybe only had time to play 5 matches. I am 80% win rate (edit- I netdecked DOG which gaf linked earlier pages and used eveyrtthing verbatim except Harrison Jones which I refuse to craft right now)

man if I was a single guy with no kids I have the feeling I could shoot for Legend. But Alas I am married with kids so LOL I can only dream.

Plus I'm in the upper ranks (above 15 atm) so take that into account. I see LOTS of janky decks. I usually put off pushing for 14 til mid month after a lot of the Legendary dudes stampede over each other

patchday

I'm playing dispatch kodo hunter actually, climbed a lot today. I'm testing the deck with the alleycat, hyena and direwolf alpha. Pretty sick early game.

destroys druid and all the reno jank. Face warrior is still rough but it's doable if you get houndmaster. I think I have to tech in explosive trap to beat face warrior.

oh? I usually use Hunter when I get serious. I'll look this up

bjaelke

Yeah that's the deck I've been facing. I imagine some stream popularized it.

patchday

Hm, I do recall fighting this one Golden Druid running Jade Idol that rekt'ed my Kazakus mage. He pulled the dream hand (lots of jade everything) while I couldnt find my cards (like Reno / Kazakus). I think I can trash jade druids with my Tempo mage that deck is super high win rate right now

But I love to experiment so when I goof off I tend to lose stars and then I suspect the MMR formula senses tilt and starts feeding me easier opponents like this Dragon Mage I fought earlier LOL

Levi

Banned
edit:
I played like 4 non-pirate decks before I said fuck it... back to rogue... first up? Pirate warrior.

Match making is rigged as shit. If you start doing well then here comes nothing but shit match ups in a row.

I mean this from the bottom of my heart.

To the person who designed Drakonid Operative, I despise you.

Since you're the guy who absolutely insisted all the OP garbage Shaman got was completely balanced and fair, you don't get to complain when Blizzard does the same thing with another class.

Just look at this guy's turn 1. This keeps happening.
1480854975-capture.png

Jade Druids spent their early turns shuffling cards into their deck and then lose to aggro / time to go whine on reddit about how Patches is broken instead of realizing maybe they don't know how to pilot the deck they copied off of Hearthpwn.

I have... over 9000... but I still watch carefully in what I spend

what's more fun, looking at a pile of dust or actually playing with the new cards?
k.

Hycran

Banned
So is dragon priest legit? Might buy the rest of BRM wings to get corruptor and whelp.

Also might buy Karazhan for feast.

For now dragon priest feels amazing. The drake agents and dragon fire potion are truly excellent and I've even started running rend black hand. Excellent deck that doesn't cost too much to make.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Piranha Launcher doing work for me. Didn't think I would enjoy this card so much, not to say I will enjoy it in the future, but for now with all the unrefined decks I will savour the moment.

DUDE. Trying it out as promised and just realized the Scavenging Hyena synergy with it and Rat Pack.

OP OP

EDIT: Oh, and Alley Cat too.

_DrMario_

Savjz just reached rank 1 legend with Reno Dragon Priest.

And then he got like a million subs. I guess it pays to be good at HS lol.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone wanna help me get rid of this Challenge a Friend quest?

I'll be waiting in hearthstone as thepotatoman #1824

Edit: Ok, Karsticles it is.

Anyone wanna help me get rid of this Challenge a Friend quest?

I'll be waiting in hearthstone as thepotatoman #1824

1 sec

Sorry for the deck selection - most of my decks are Wild.

Edit: Oh snap, control mirror. :-D

Hahaha, good match. Of course you top deck the 10/10. :p

I thought I had the game on lock after I saved up and used the perfect counter to your setup. Then the N'Zoth dropped, haha.
I couldn't Reno because I had the two 10/10s in my deck. -_-

Ladekabel

No Paladin deck I found online satisfied me. So I cobbled together a Dragondin with Smugglers Run and that buffing two drop. I played one game and won that. I don't think it can get better than that. My win was against a Hunter who Arcane Shot and Kill Commanded my 1/1's because he wanted my 6/5 Corruptor to run into Freezing Trap. I may not be a good player but I can read a few plays.

I haven't been able to keep up with Heartstone or gaming in general for the past several weeks due to work keeping me VERY busy (14 hour days and shit), but I just have some questions since I'm trying to play catch up.

1. The quests don't stack up anymore when you have 3 quests already? I finished my 3 quests and expected to get 3 more at midnight but only got 1.

2. What are the legendaries/epics/rares I should be looking to craft from this expansion? I mostly play Mage and Warrior, but I play other classes if I find the decks fun, especially since I want to get all the classes to golden at some point. I already have White Eyes, Inkmaster Solia and Kazakus. I have 8045 dust

3. Was the Heroic Tavern Brawl only for that one week? Kinda upset I missed it if so. What were the rewards for 12 wins?

Ensirius

No Paladin deck I found online satisfied me. So I cobbled together a Dragondin with Smugglers Run and that buffing two drop. I played one game and won that. I don't think it can get better than that. My win was against a Hunter who Arcane Shot and Kill Commanded my 1/1's because he wanted my 6/5 Corruptor to run into Freezing Trap. I may not be a good player but I can read a few plays.

I am rocking a buff paladin. It's funny getting small 1 cost minions to crazy stats.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
1 sec

Sorry for the deck selection - most of my decks are Wild.

Edit: Oh snap, control mirror. :-D

Hahaha, good match. Of course you top deck the 10/10. :p

I thought I had the game on lock after I saved up and used the perfect counter to your setup. Then the N'Zoth dropped, haha.
I couldn't Reno because I had the two 10/10s in my deck. -_-

lol, was wondering about reno.

I've never seen anyone break through my wall of white eyes like that. N'zoth should have spawned 4 white eyes there, not 1.

I got lucky with the 2 out of 9 topdeck at the end. Probably would have lost otherwise.

Replay:
https://hsreplay.net/replay/2SJm23AAgMwCPDNhdb3Uwh

I haven't been able to keep up with Heartstone or gaming in general for the past several weeks due to work keeping me VERY busy (14 hour days and shit), but I just have some questions since I'm trying to play catch up.

1. The quests don't stack up anymore when you have 3 quests already? I finished my 3 quests and expected to get 3 more at midnight but only got 1.

2. What are the legendaries/epics/rares I should be looking to craft from this expansion? I mostly play Mage and Warrior, but I play other classes if I find the decks fun, especially since I want to get all the classes to golden at some point. I already have White Eyes, Inkmaster Solia and Kazakus. I have 8045 dust

3. Was the Heroic Tavern Brawl only for that one week? Kinda upset I missed it if so. What were the rewards for 12 wins?
Don't read about the new MvC game.

1. They "fixed" this. (lol)
2. Patches is definitely a top craft.
3. Just the one week.

lol, was wondering about reno.

I've never seen anyone break through my wall of white eyes like that. N'zoth should have spawned 4 white eyes there, not 1.

I got lucky with the 2 out of 9 topdeck at the end. Probably would have lost otherwise.

Replay:
https://hsreplay.net/replay/2SJm23AAgMwCPDNhdb3Uwh
I didn't even think about how the Sylvannas would have affected my Reno. Then again, even if I did know, I don't think I would have played it out otherwise. Anything else would have resulted in me being overrun.

I really love your deck, but what do you do vs. other Shaman that Hex?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom