• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT8| Elise's Extremely Irresponsible Field Trip To Un'Goro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ViviOggi

Rogue is still in great shape, if you run aggro rogue or dodge aggro decks.

1x

Owzers

Craft choice:

Raza and ysera

Patches and leeroy ( also for renolock variation which is nice)

Aya and Fandral

I have a ton of dust yet six legendaries would use it all...

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I didn't even think about how the Sylvannas would have affected my Reno. Then again, even if I did know, I don't think I would have played it out otherwise. Anything else would have resulted in me being overrun.

I really love your deck, but what do you do vs. other Shaman that Hex?

I try to bait out hex with sylvanus and earth elementals, and it's not so bad if if they hex one of the two with Faceless Manipulator. Plus you get the benefit of control shaman being good against midrange shaman in general, and you don't see that many other control shamans.

The biggest weakness is waiting to assemble the combo, which can be hard against jade golem and pirate warrior decks.

Okay so you guys joke about rogue but once the reno lock and reno priest overlords come knocking on your doors, you're going to want a deck that can hard counter it. And maybe that is rogue :D

I also think the reno decks will rise above the pirate scum. They're the top meta decks imo.

Btw, this is my first shot at making a renolock deck:
ptH1t30.png

Pooya

I've played 30 something games of hunter today, it's pretty good I think, people are sleeping on it.

zipgunner card is actually pretty decent, I had some funny lethal puzzles with it and rhino. I like the deck quite a bit, it's like a token deck now. I think rat pack just one copy is enough, it's a bit slow. You can't count on the buff to hit it and there are so many 3 drops you'd want to play already.

zipgunner and trogg are the only buff cards worth playing. The secret is horrible, 2/2 buff is worth less than 2 mana, secrets are supposed to be undercosted. The 1 mana card is really low value and has no place in hunter either.

The interaction of direwolf and kodo is really handy and with hyena you can end game incredibly fast. Against classes like druid or priest that need specific cards to answer for a 2 drop it's insane.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Patches is literally a "something for nothing" card. He is guaranteed to always be good unless you draw him in your hand. In that case he is simply a pirate version of Stonetusk Boar.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I've played 30 something games of hunter today, it's pretty good I think, people are sleeping on it.

zipgunner card is actually pretty decent, I had some funny lethal puzzles with it and rhino. I like the deck quite a bit, it's like a token deck now. I think rat pack just one copy is enough, it's a bit slow. You can't count on the buff to hit it and there are so many 3 drops you'd want to play already.

zipgunner and trogg are the only buff cards worth playing. The secret is horrible, 2/2 buff is worth less than 2 mana, secrets are supposed to be undercosted. The 1 mana card is really low value and has no place in hunter either.

The interaction of direwolf and kodo is really handy and with hyena you can end game incredibly fast. Against classes like druid or priest that need specific cards to answer for a 2 drop it's insane.

The one mana card could be good in some aggro face hunter deck, but definitely not enough value for midrange hunter.

The biggest problem with hunter right now is how boring it is. Feels very similar to the previous beast hunter.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Turn 10 combo I've been doing with Dragon Priest is Brann-Netherspite Historian- Drakonid Operative for a sweet +1. Let's the Drakonid go off if you didn't have the dragon beforehand

Ideally you discover two big ass dragons and get some good shit from the opponents deck.

Netherspite is great since I don't have to have any big dragons in my deck and I don't really feel the need to craft any. Can just pick a big one and let it sit in my hand and let the rest of the deck work

Levi

Banned
Yo Jobless Leo I accidentally removed you trying to remove some guy telling me how great his dick tastes. Please add me back. Levi#1147

Also grow up GAF.

Only place i post my bnet name is here, so I'm guessing the guy who added me to tell me about his dick is a gaffer.

I also figure the guy cyber stalking me on twitch to tell me to kill myself is from here. No one hates me the way the bullies here hate me.

It's not necessarily a member. This forum can be viewed by anyone, right?

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Only place i post my bnet name is here, so I'm guessing the guy who added me to tell me about his dick is a gaffer.

I also figure the guy cyber stalking me on twitch to tell me to kill myself is from here. No one hates me the way the bullies here hate me.

Wait, so about a week or so back when you told me to "grow up" it's because you thought I was one of the people harassing you?

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I think I'm just going to go ahead and craft Kazakus, since I got Inkmaster Solia from my initial packs. Unfortunately, I'm still missing some of the good mage cards like arcane blast, cabalist tome and Antonidas.

Still, I think Kazakus is kind of a good choice for crafting.

Barrage

I thought, "Pirate Warrior's not so bad." I've since realized i've never seen them with a good opening.

Two 3/3's with taunt, a 1/1 with Charge, and a 4/3 Weapon. On Turn 2.

FUCK. THAT. I'll take Midrange Shaman any fucking day.

Renolock is probably the most fun deck I've played out of MSG. I haven't played a ton of different rogue decks yet.

I've lost to 1 aggro shaman who got RNG by the balls and it was my first game with it. I mean, he ignored my 2/2 to roll spellpower a turn later. Then on the last turn he top decked bolt and rolled spellpower to double bolt my face and swing with the last charge of his weapon. I probably won if he didn't get the spellpower totem, would have saved me 4 health.

Otherwise, undefeated. I've even teched to counter the dirty rat. One guy actually pulled my jaraxxus out of hand on turn 2. I used it to remove minions and then bounced it back to hand. The game didn't go that long. I got brann kazakus off and he conceded after I cleared his board once (he was paladin).

Peléo

How good Rhino turned out to be? With the Buffs + Alley Cat I imagine he is nuts, but haven't played much with the deck so far.

Mulgrok

This grimestreet deck i play is more like a combo deck than aggro. I often don't play anything significant for the first 4 turns and then vomit out questing adventurer + 1 drops or hand buffs + 1 drops.

Tacitus_

What am I missing about it though? I only played the deck once but he popped out turn one, I got one damage from him and that's it pretty much. Are there better synergies that can happen?

Even the worst case scenario is 1-2 HP off your opponent and one less card in your deck for when you are fishing for lethal topdecks. It's draw a card and play it, do 1 damage to your opponent. As a side effect from your usual strategy.

Ladekabel

Decided to do an arena run for a change. Since Warlock seems to be the rage I picked it. Even got Kazakus but also two duplicates. Went 0-3. Two games where I went second and one where I didn't get the answers that I needed.

I don't think I'm going to play Hearthstone for a week or two.

patchday

I find this post strange cause I like your posts. Man hug

I think I'm just going to go ahead and craft Kazakus, since I got Inkmaster Solia from my initial packs. Unfortunately, I'm still missing some of the good mage cards like arcane blast, cabalist tome and Antonidas.

Still, I think Kazakus is kind of a good choice for crafting.

Kazakus is good fun. I thought about crafting Inkmaster but so far my deck is doing pretty good without her.

Ok gang up on patches is actually fucking genius.

main reason I crafted that little guy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I played a Pirate Warrior who didn't have Patches in his deck. lol

He really is not necessary. He is really damn good, but the deck is amazing without him. I think Leeroy is the only required legendary in the deck IMO, budget plays would do fine without Patches.

I think I'm funnier than I really am.

I made an anti-aggro priest and faced nothing but greedy control decks and went 2-10, lost three ranks. Fuck this, I'm playing cwar.
Stick to what you love man.

If I had Brawls I would play Control Warrior.

Renolock is probably the most fun deck I've played out of MSG. I haven't played a ton of different rogue decks yet.

I've lost to 1 aggro shaman who got RNG by the balls and it was my first game with it. I mean, he ignored my 2/2 to roll spellpower a turn later. Then on the last turn he top decked bolt and rolled spellpower to double bolt my face and swing with the last charge of his weapon. I probably won if he didn't get the spellpower totem, would have saved me 4 health.

Otherwise, undefeated. I've even teched to counter the dirty rat. One guy actually pulled my jaraxxus out of hand on turn 2. I used it to remove minions and then bounced it back to hand. The game didn't go that long. I got brann kazakus off and he conceded after I cleared his board once (he was paladin).
I also really, really like the Renolock archetype right now, but there are so many options on how to make the deck (especially in Wild) that I'm overwhelmed with possibilities.

Brann Kakazus sounds so hot. I'm struggling to resist crafting Kakazus: each game I play, and each post in this thread makes that harder, but I don't want to give in to the hype.

Switch to cwar, 3 Priests in a row. Where is this aggro meta I was promised.

Edit: 4 in a row.
That matchmaking!

On some level, it's sort of amazing that Blizzard "nerfed" midrange shaman by making an aggro deck that outraces it

the madman
It's a weird moment when you're relieved to see an opponent play Aggro Shaman.

Even wild is filled with pirate warrior and I really don't enjoy the whole make your deck beat that one deck. I like making a well rounded deck that has a good sometimes great matchup across the board

Need to find a more balanced deck... I have good matches against RenoLock, Buffadin, Jade Druid and Rogue... but i lose every single game against Pirate Warrior, since i dont have a single taunt or heal...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom